2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Big Break Mexico... (merged)

78Staff

[quote name='thedurtydurden' timestamp='1374053577' post='7471322']
This Big Break is probably my favorite so far. Have to admit I was crushed when Brent picked Liebelei to go against since they are my two favorites, but their match couldn't have been any more epic. They have been hyping up Brent quite a bit and have been the whole show, but I think Jay would take him. I also never thought Matthew would last as long as he has either.

I miss La La already.
[/quote]

I think we've determined she is probably coming back for the next show (reunion/NFL show), so you got that going for you :).

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WhiZ' timestamp='1373944796' post='7462502']
[quote name='tommyrobson' timestamp='1373939352' post='7461804']
does anyone know the company that makes brents hat?
[/quote]

[url="http://iparttimegolf.com/"]http://iparttimegolf.com/[/url]

WhiZ
[/quote]

Thanks dude. I'll be picking up a couple of their hats for sure. I much, much, much prefer that style over the busy hats most oem companies make (stuff in the front--good, stuff on the sides/back--bad imo).

For example, I'd love to find a plain structured flexfit or trucker Bridgestone hat with just their B logo in the front. Nothing else. But I don't think they exist.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1374080457' post='7473790']
[quote name='thedurtydurden' timestamp='1374053577' post='7471322']
This Big Break is probably my favorite so far. Have to admit I was crushed when Brent picked Liebelei to go against since they are my two favorites, but their match couldn't have been any more epic. They have been hyping up Brent quite a bit and have been the whole show, but I think Jay would take him. I also never thought Matthew would last as long as he has either.

I miss La La already.
[/quote]

I think we've determined she is probably coming back for the next show (reunion/NFL show), so you got that going for you :).
[/quote]

Liebelie's twitter really exploded the past 10 days. She had tons of praise and seemingly responded to everyone. Two people said they hoped she would be a part of a reunion show. Liebelie handled that particularly well, to keep the idea out there but not give up the secret. She retweeted but did not respond.

She's been mentioning back issues so I hope that didn't impact her performance in Big Break NFL.

Guaranteed theme on that show, at least at some point:

"What does a girl from Luxembourg know about football?"

"I went to Vanderbilt. Go SEC!"

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1374080364' post='7473782']
[size=4]Was talking to semi-local player Stephanie Connelly about BB a few months ago, and she didn't seem to interested or impressed with it very much at all, iirc. but she would be good candidate too I think.[/size]
[/quote]
I would imagine any pro who truly believes they can make it to the 'big tour' won't audition.....others audition to gain notoriety to see if BB can parlay to some sponsorships (Blair O) to help pay the bills while they struggle to live out their dream.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1374079744' post='7473696']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374032668' post='7470466']
I like Taylor's 'no crying' attitude.
Next week is the last show.......Brent has the most talent.....in the preview....they spoke about how good he is...is this to throw us off that he is not the winner.
[/quote]

Is next week the last show, I though they had two more...I could be wrong though.
[/quote]

Still two shows left. Golf Channel itself has aided in the confusion. Tom Abbott mistakenly said last weekend during the LPGA coverage that only two shows remained.

If they keep the team aspect it could be only one more player eliminated, and a three-way finale. That's been done before, namely at Disney. If they drop the team format then the logical progression is two head to head matches to decide the finalists. If Maya is allowed an edge in picking opponents then Jay or Taylor would pick Matt and the other would be stuck with Brent.

I'd say this Big Break fared very well with the distribution, in terms of who stayed late, unlike some versions. It's been quite rare that message board and fan interest picked up dramatically late in the series. Not too many weeks ago this show was being panned as one of the weaker Big Breaks. Now some posters emphasize the opposite.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374088073' post='7474894']
Awsi or Staff
can you pls compile a summary of who you believe are the BB contestants for the NFL show...thx
[/quote]

It's back several pages. I've got a car repair issue and don't have time to check. Off the top, based on twitter gaps in the relevant early June time frame I think we isolated Meghan Hardin, Mallory Blackwelder, Shannon Fish and Liebelei Lawrence among the women. I guessed that Kelly Villareal and Zakiya Randall might join them, but that was based on rivalry aspect, not twitter.

With the men it was more sketchy. I'm not sure we checked everybody. Using that same twitter criteria, the suspects were Brian Cooper, Andy Walker, Will Lowery and James Lepp.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374087912' post='7474862']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1374080364' post='7473782']
[size=4]Was talking to semi-local player Stephanie Connelly about BB a few months ago, and she didn't seem to interested or impressed with it very much at all, iirc. but she would be good candidate too I think.[/size]
[/quote]
I would imagine any pro who truly believes they can make it to the 'big tour' won't audition.....others audition to gain notoriety to see if BB can parlay to some sponsorships (Blair O) to help pay the bills while they struggle to live out their dream.
[/quote]

Completely agree, and Awsi touched on this as well when I mentioned Brianna Do... There seems to be a big of a divisor as to who would audition and who wouldn't, as well as who GC would take and wouldn't...

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374090618' post='7475288'] thx[/quote]

I always wanted to quote a three letter post.

Carl Whyte would seemingly be a good candidate for a reunion show, as unique as he was. He doesn't tweet much, in fact not since May 25.

Big Break should have scouted the two most recent Cactus Tour events, which were held in Las Vegas with considerably larger fields than normal for that tour...30ish.

Lee Lopez of UCLA dominated the two Las Vegas events. She's a step above that tour. I don't understand why she's not on Symetra. And probably not a Big Break candidate, given her level. She'll expect to get her card in December.

Its nice to see Matthew playing well. During the first few episodes, when his team was still together, I thought he wouldn't last too long on the show. Since his teammates have been eliminated, he has really stepped up his game. He is not spectacular, but he is very smart and does not make mistakes.

Brent makes some mistakes, but is good at recovering from those mistakes. His putting is ridiculous. He has made a lot more putts than he has missed. If he can drive the ball straight, I can't see anyone be able to take him out.

Jay is the real wildcard because he just has not hit many shots. He's going to be interesting to watch. My guess is they are going to be done with the team play next week. At this point in the competition the best players should move on. You should not be able to rely on someone else for immunity.

This has been the most enjoyable BB for me to watch and I'm looking forward to see how things end.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1374104703' post='7477034']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374090618' post='7475288'] thx[/quote]
[size=4]I always wanted to quote a three letter post.[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
:cheesy: ya, ya, ya

Isn't the audition process to apply 1st and then if approved for an audition.....GC would send a bcc email to all successful candidates....where locations for auditions will take place and for all candidates to advise which site they will travel to on their own expense.....Symetra & Cactus are obvious locations.

I wonder how the firestorm between Grasshopper & Cactus is going.

hmmmm.....Aza is slumming on the Grasshopper......guess she's following The Pink Diva's lead on the Sunshine.
[url="http://www.grasshoppertour.com/tee-times-results/"]http://www.grasshopp...-times-results/[/url]

do you handicap these events?.....lol.

[quote name='BluehoseGolf' timestamp='1374021772' post='7469152']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1373991532' post='7465400']
[quote name='tsmithers' timestamp='1373991048' post='7465330']
[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1373989384' post='7465100']
During the elimination challenge, I am guessing they altered who they showed hit first on the last hole? Jay hit a shot inside the circle from about 70yds and then Matt had to hit the green but was near 100yds. Did they actually have Jay hit first even though he was closer or just editing to make it look more suspenseful?
[/quote]

I think they did have Jay play first since he looked back down the fairway and made a nice comment towards Matt. I forget what he said. I thought the same thing until he said something in Matt's direction after hitting.
[/quote]

I was confused by this too but the comment Jay said could have gone either way. He said, if I heard correctly 'No Pressure ____' (I missed the last word here and he def. didn't say Matt. I at first thought it was Matt's last name but he def. didn't say Galloway). He either said it as a respectful smack talk to Matt that many of us would said while in competitions with friends or the video had been altered and he was making a comment in jest that he hit a great shot with no pressure (that would assume because Matt hit the green they were done).
[/quote]

That is what happened. I talked to Jay today at the state open and asked about that comment. He said that Matt had already stuffed it and the way it was edited made it sound like he was talking smack. Not Jay's exact words, but what I got out of it. Also I might post his WITB shots here if anybody is interested.
[/quote]

Post it! I love to see the WITB of Big Breakers!

[quote name='kevin1826' timestamp='1374137849' post='7479836']
During the elimination challenge, I am guessing they altered who they showed hit first on the last hole? Jay hit a shot inside the circle from about 70yds and then Matt had to hit the green but was near 100yds. Did they actually have Jay hit first even though he was closer or just editing to make it look more suspenseful?
[/quote]

I think they did have Jay play first since he looked back down the fairway and made a nice comment towards Matt. I forget what he said. I thought the same thing until he said something in Matt's direction after hitting.
[/quote]

I was confused by this too but the comment Jay said could have gone either way. He said, if I heard correctly 'No Pressure ____' (I missed the last word here and he def. didn't say Matt. I at first thought it was Matt's last name but he def. didn't say Galloway). He either said it as a respectful smack talk to Matt that many of us would said while in competitions with friends or the video had been altered and he was making a comment in jest that he hit a great shot with no pressure (that would assume because Matt hit the green they were done).
[/quote]

That is what happened. I talked to Jay today at the state open and asked about that comment. He said that Matt had already stuffed it and the way it was edited made it sound like he was talking smack. Not Jay's exact words, but what I got out of it. Also I might post his WITB shots here if anybody is interested.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's mostly taylormade. He's also 4 under through nine at the Virginia State Open. Not a big tournament, but important for us Virginians!

[quote name='markponi' timestamp='1374161546' post='7482280']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He's mostly taylormade. He's also 4 under through nine at the Virginia State Open. Not a big tournament, but important for us Virginians!
[/quote]

State Open is an important tournament, but not a huge one by any means. I was going to snap some pics today after my round but unfortunately I had to WD in the Practice round due to a lingering back injury. Pretty disappointed. Jay also shot 65 today, so hes got that going for him.

WITB:

Who knows?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the early seasons they posted WITB details on the GC BB site, but Adams quashed that. Sucks because it really was interesting to see what a lot of these players were using, with no sponsorships generally.

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Jays bag. Sorry no pics and not very good specs but I could only take a quick look.

Driver RBZ stage 2- not positive on the shaft, looked like it read ozik.
3 wood- RBZ stage 2-again didnt get the shaft
5 wood/hybrid- didnt get the headcover off
irons- adams black CMB(?) not sure. The black blades/cavity backs. TI X100
wedges-vokey TVD's and a cleveland 588 TI X100
putter- Circle T GSS. Same one from what I can tell he used on the show.

WITB:

Who knows?

Nina Rodriguez of Big Break Ireland might be one of the reunion contestants in Big Break NFL. I was watching Saturday's coverage of the annual celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe and Jerry Rice had a young female caddie who looked familiar. Finally they showed a close up and I'm almost certain it was Nina.

I suppose she could have met Rice in some other manner, but one possibility is they became friends during filming of Big Break and this opportunity arose.

Nina is not on Symetra this year. She has played some Cactus Tour events, but on either side of the filming window. She has not been active on twitter since January.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1374387672' post='7503164']
Nina Rodriguez of Big Break Ireland might be one of the reunion contestants in Big Break NFL. I was watching Saturday's coverage of the annual celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe and Jerry Rice had a young female caddie who looked familiar. Finally they showed a close up and I'm almost certain it was Nina.

I suppose she could have met Rice in some other manner, but one possibility is they became friends during filming of Big Break and this opportunity arose.
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Nina hooking up with Rice is far more profitable that any BB win...shacking up for 2 years and a [/size]separation[size=4] can be worth millions....lol.[/size]

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374457236' post='7509768']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1374387672' post='7503164']

[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Nina hooking up with Rice is far more profitable that any BB win...shacking up for 2 years and a [/size]separation[size=4] can be worth millions....lol.[/size]
[/quote]

LOL