I'm such a bonehead...

FLGOLFJUNKIE

So, I sold a set of J40 irons (which were in my bag) to a fellow WRX'er, nice set, in extremely good shape, 4-PW. He paypaled me the money on Wednesday and I was going to ship the clubs yesterday, so I go get the clubs out of my car, and start removing them out of my bag, and notice there's something wrong. The 8 iron is not in the bag. What?! Here I am going insane, I have money from this guy and now I don't have the set to send him. I call the club where I played last, and the club isn't there. I called the range I usually go to, and it's not there. I've never felt so bad, and I can't do anything but to message the member and refund the money (which I've done already). Just wanted to share this story with y'all...I'm such a poophead.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stinks. Bummer ..

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

[quote name='bigmoneyp' timestamp='1365789002' post='6820831']
Don't you clean and take pictures of the clubs just before you sell them?
[/quote]
+1

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

Poop happens. That doesn't make you a poophead.
If you hadn't handled it right ( seems you did), then you would have been right to be hard on yourself.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='Jakpenn' timestamp='1365791530' post='6821327']
[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365789247' post='6820877']
[quote name='bigmoneyp' timestamp='1365789002' post='6820831']
Don't you clean and take pictures of the clubs just before you sell them?
[/quote]
+1
[/quote]

+1!
[/quote]

That was going to be my question. Did you play them after you sold them? Or did you not take fresh pictures before you listed them? Seems like that would have been where you caught it missing.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1365800149' post='6822791']
To the +1 crew....I had a picture of them on my camera already and I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with. Lol, I'm not being accused of anything, it's just ignorants being ignorant, looking for ways to spice up the thread...Gotta love 'em!!
[/quote]

look, not trying to be a jerk or anything, but when you received paypal, those clubs were no longer yours. When I list something, I wipe the club down, take pics, and then list it. I wouldn't even THINK of taking them back out and playing them again. I want the clubs to be as represented in my pictures, or better when they arrive at their new home.

Has NOTHING to do with trying to "spice up the thread", nor am I the one being "ignorant"... that title goes to the guy that plays another round with clubs that are no longer his. Sorry if you don't comprehend that.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365800843' post='6822909']
To the +1 crew....I had a picture of them on my camera already and I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with. Lol, I'm not being accused of anything, it's just ignorants being ignorant, looking for ways to spice up the thread...Gotta love 'em!!
[/quote]

look, not trying to be a jerk or anything, but when you received paypal, those clubs were no longer yours. When I list something, I wipe the club down, take pics, and then list it. I wouldn't even THINK of taking them back out and playing them again. I want the clubs to be as represented in my pictures, or better when they arrive at their new home.

Has NOTHING to do with trying to "spice up the thread", nor am I the one being "ignorant"... that title goes to the guy that plays another round with clubs that are no longer his. Sorry if you don't comprehend that.
[/quote]

+1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Sorry Junkie I agree with them.

There is no difference between what happened to you then the guy that sells a bag for $60 only to find out it costs $40 to ship it and backs out. Or the guy that places something on ebay that sells for $100 less then what he thought it should so tells the buyer the shirt got coffee spilled on it when he was putting it into the box to ship.

I'm sure your a standup guy and are telling the truth, I really don't think any one is questioning that. But it does not look good. And playing clubs that you have listed for sale is a really really really bad idea. Just my 2 cents.

And yes I understand you resolved the situation but honestly... I wouldn't blame the buyer for giving you a neutral or even negative feedback.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

I NEVER, EVER said I played with them AFTER he paypaled me the money. Fact is, I didn't! I had taken pictures of the clubs to sell them and posted them around here a few weeks ago, and also, closed the ad because they never sold. The buyer contacted me about the J40's just wondering if they were available and they were!! I played with them after I closed the ad, and I hadn't played since. When he paypaled me the money, and I took them out of my bag, THEN I realized the 8 iron was missing. Wow, do you look like an @$$ right now. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

ummmm

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1365801835' post='6823053']
I NEVER, EVER said I played with them AFTER he paypaled me the money. Fact is, I didn't! I had taken pictures of the clubs to sell them and posted them around here a few weeks ago, and also, closed the ad because they never sold. The buyer contacted me about the J40's just wondering if they were available and they were!! I played with them after I closed the ad, and I hadn't played since. When he paypaled me the money, and I took them out of my bag, THEN I realized the 8 iron was missing. Wow, do you look like an @$$ right now. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I don't think it's ignorant of us to ask you to clarify what course of action caused you to sell something you don't actually have... After all, you started the thread not us. Fact is, it's a lousy thing that happened but it's not the end of the world. I'd probably even still deal with you given that you are being honest about it. But you did technically use the clubs after you'd taken pictures that represented them in their "for sale" condition, right? Given that the condition had changed (i.e. you lost a club) that's on you. Call it stirring the pot if you want, but I don't think you're being accused of out and out dishonesty; more like being lazy for not taking fresh pics after you used them.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

I NEVER, EVER said I played with them AFTER he paypaled me the money. Fact is, I didn't! I had taken pictures of the clubs to sell them and posted them around here a few weeks ago, and also, closed the ad because they never sold. The buyer contacted me about the J40's just wondering if they were available and they were!![size=5][i][b] I played with them after I closed the ad[/b][/i][/size], and I hadn't played since. When he paypaled me the money, and I took them out of my bag, THEN I realized the 8 iron was missing. Wow, do you look like an @$$ right now. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
To the +1 crew....I had a picture of them on my camera already and[size=5][i][b] I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with[/b][/i][/size]. Lol, I'm not being accused of anything, it's just ignorants being ignorant, looking for ways to spice up the thread...Gotta love 'em!!
[/quote]

[size=5][i][b] I played with them after I closed the ad [/b][/i][size=4] [/size][/size]
[size=5][i][b] I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with[/b][/i][/size]

sorry, the only FACTS I'm using, are the ones YOU have provided.

I certainly don't blame you for wanting to close this thread though.

In the end, it sounds like it worked out est for all involved. You get to keep a set of irons you still play, and the "DEAL or NO DEAL" section doesn't have a new "I didn't get what I was supposed to get" thread.

Odyssey ProType #3

I NEVER, EVER said I played with them AFTER he paypaled me the money. Fact is, I didn't![color=#ff0000][b] I had taken pictures of the clubs to sell them and posted them around here a few weeks ago, and also, closed the ad because they never sold. The buyer contacted me about the J40's just wondering if they were available and they were!! [/b][/color]I played with them after I closed the ad, and I hadn't played since. When he paypaled me the money, and I took them out of my bag, THEN I realized the 8 iron was missing. Wow, do you look like an @$$ right now. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

[color=#282828]He closed the ad before they were sold--he was contacted about the irons after he took down his ad.[/color]

[quote name='Cpgaalberta' timestamp='1365797691' post='6822419']
Could probably find an individual iron aomewhere online and sell as a set again once you have a complete set
[/quote]

ironfinder.com. :dntknw:

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

wtf just happened? guys tells his story about a mistake he made, which he made right as soon as possible. and the haters jump in and start assuming facts and talk BS. to the OP, good on you. s*** happens. and you did everything you could to make things right. to the haters, im amazed you dragged yourself away from the "tiger is the worst person to ever step onto a golf course" thread to give this guy a hard time... get a life