2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Titleist 714 lineup (merged) Pics Added Page 11

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1369187650' post='7081348']
[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1368884091' post='7059062']
[quote name='CPSOX' timestamp='1368836049' post='7056720']
[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1368741166' post='7049730']
KBS Tours were not an upcharge when I ordered my 712's last season...
[/quote]

They were in my cb/mb combo set....
[/quote]

I got AP2s, I can't imagine that they would upcharge depending on what iron is selected...weird.
[/quote]

KBS tours are listed as a std/upcharge on Titleist website
[/quote]

That's too bad, it was nice to get them for "free"...good things never last!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1369234659' post='7084730']
I dont think you will see a combo set since you can order any set up you want with titleist...you can order any combination of clubs without a set combo off the shelf like Nike
[/quote]
Although this is true the 712cb and mb don't marry well together. The 735.cm sat in place of the cb at the time.

[quote name='eyewipe' timestamp='1369235785' post='7084940']
I dont think you will see a combo set since you can order any set up you want with titleist...you can order any combination of clubs without a set combo off the shelf like Nike
[/quote]
Although this is true the 712cb and mb don't marry well together. The 735.cm sat in place of the cb at the time.
[/quote]
Are you kidding? They marry up perfectly. The lofts/lies/offset/bounce/length/swingweights are all identical on the MB/CB's so no matter where you want to break the combo at. It's impossible to make them marry up any better. Your comment doesn't make any sense at all.

[quote name='eyewipe' timestamp='1369238012' post='7085344']
Do you play a combo set and find they work - if so you're the first person I've heard of who finds them any use. On paper they blend but in reality they play quite differently and most non mb folks have gone ap2 rather than cb.
[/quote]Yes, I play CB/MB combo broken between 6 and 7 irons....hdcp is between a 2 & 4 at any time of the year and typically my iron play is my strongest suit. I don't know how someone can say they play "quite differently" when the CB's are just the slightest bit larger, but identical specs otherwise. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy the 6 iron MB instead of CB. If I were a 7 or 8 hdcp, I'd break it between 7 & 8. The Titleist CB/MB's are the most useful combo set I've ever come across since the other OEM's generally have specs that differ between models.

I want them to reintroduce the bullet back irons.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

[quote name='CPSOX' timestamp='1369237191' post='7085190']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Are you kidding? They marry up perfectly. The lofts/lies/offset/bounce/length/swingweights are all identical on the MB/CB's so no matter where you want to break the combo at. It's impossible to make them marry up any better. Your comment doesn't make any sense at all.
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense because that is what titleist has always said. Why force someone to buy a combo set when you have the liberty to build any kind of combo set you want anyway? Its real simple...plus, this wasnt my quote "Although this is true the 712cb and mb don't marry well together. The 735.cm sat in place of the cb at the time."

That was someone elses qoute. I think they marry up fine

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1369309518' post='7090790']
[quote name='CPSOX' timestamp='1369237191' post='7085190']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense because that is what titleist has always said. Why force someone to buy a combo set when you have the liberty to build any kind of combo set you want anyway? Its real simple...plus, this wasnt my quote "Although this is true the 712cb and mb don't marry well together. The 735.cm sat in place of the cb at the time."

That was someone elses qoute. I think they marry up fine
[/quote]Which is why I quoted the guy who said they didn't, not you.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Give me a Satin finish AP2! :air_kiss: Makes me wish I could hold out a while more for new irons, but i'm excited about getting some AP2's now that i've heard all the praise in here! I like the fact they aren't doing massive changes, especially on the blades. They are absolutely gorgeous clubs and even though I couldn't hit a set (or sadly own one due to this), I still just love looking at them.

[b]Driver: [/b]TaylorMade R15 9.5*
[b]5-Wood: [/b]Ping G400
[b]Hybrid: [/b]Titleist 915 4H 21*
[b]Irons: [/b]Ping i200 w/CB Alta Graphite
[b]Wedges: [/b]Vokey SM6 50* F Grind/54* S/58* M Grind
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6
[b]Balls: [/b]Titleist Pro V1 2017

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1368891709' post='7059522']
These would work fine for me...and they don't even have to be forged
[/quote]

Nice photoshop.
Yes. I would like to see a forged AP1.

Ping G430 Max 9 Tour Chrome 2.0 65 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Hardy’s Yellow 70 X

Titleist 913h 19* Hybrid Diamana Blue

Titleist 818h1 4,5 Hybrid KBS Tour 75 Prototype Stiff

Ping G425 6,7 Hybrid Tensei Blue TX

Ping G425 8-PW

MIZUNO 900 Forged Gap Wedge

Vokey SM9 54 60

Taylormade Spider

Do you play a combo set and find they work - if so you're the first person I've heard of who finds them any use. On paper they blend but in reality they play quite differently and most non mb folks have gone ap2 rather than cb.
[/quote]

Definitely agree with this as well. Although I didnt purchase either set, I was considering a combo set b/c I love the MB's but didn't trust myself with the long irons. Was shocked at how forgiving the MB's were, but I could not get along with the CB's for the life of me. Multiple times, off grass, off a mat. REALLY wanted to like those. Debated an AP2/MB combo, but the looks were too different for my taste.

For me, the 712CB is the least forgiving CB I've ever hit, while the MB's are among the easiest blades to hit. (Not sure if easiest is the right word...they look/feel just right, and I was much more consistant with these than the others I tried. ).

When Titleist has changed things up in the past, it hasn't always equated to large sales. When they recreated the blade with the 695mb, which I love and was popular on tour, sales weren't staggering.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

[quote name='etrichards' timestamp='1369927770' post='7135252']
[/quote]

Definitely agree with this as well. Although I didnt purchase either set, I was considering a combo set b/c I love the MB's but didn't trust myself with the long irons. Was shocked at how forgiving the MB's were, but I could not get along with the CB's for the life of me. Multiple times, off grass, off a mat. REALLY wanted to like those. Debated an AP2/MB combo, but the looks were too different for my taste.

For me, the 712CB is the least forgiving CB I've ever hit, while the MB's are among the easiest blades to hit. (Not sure if easiest is the right word...they look/feel just right, and I was much more consistant with these than the others I tried. ).
[/quote]
The MBs are not forgiving at all....but maybe you are just hitting the ball better.....blades tend to do this to a golfer.....makes you focus more on the hitting area.....i found the same when I switched to MBs.....my hdcp went from an 11 to an 8.....

[quote name='BirdKiller14' timestamp='1369887758' post='7133006']
[quote name='Masque' timestamp='1369844748' post='7128318']
[quote name='minitour' timestamp='1369295710' post='7090516']
1) a forged re-release of the 962

That is all...
[/quote]

I would buy at least two sets.
[/quote] forged 962B's and I would buy 2 set's!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Exactly. Re-release the 962/B sets.

[quote name='BirdKiller14' timestamp='1369976499' post='7141030']
[quote name='Yosef' timestamp='1369939266' post='7136910']
Guessing we could see the 714s in a few weeks at the US Open? Isn't that when they usually pop up on tour?
[/quote] AT&T national was when we saw the 712's so look for them around that time, I am very excited to see what's up next for titleist!!!
[/quote]

I have not looked this forward to an iron release, ever!!! Titliest has been on fire with their recent releases. I really hope that they bring the heat again, I wan't new irons but they have to beat what I already game.

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1369939190' post='7136896']
[/quote]

[/quote]
The MBs are not forgiving at all....but maybe you are just hitting the ball better.....blades tend to do this to a golfer.....makes you focus more on the hitting area.....i found the same when I switched to MBs.....my hdcp went from an 11 to an 8.....
[/quote]

Yeah. Forgiving isnt treally the right word. I'd spent a fair amount of time testing with the CB's, MB's, as well as some MB's from other companies. I just know that I hardly mishit the titleist MB's or the Mizuno MP-64's at all, was a little less consistant with the Mizuno MP-69's and attrocious with the 712CB's every time I hit them. More just something about the look/setup etc encourages me to hit them correctly. Even switching back and forth between the 712 CB's and MB's, so it wasnt a different day thing.

I am a mental midget so once its in my head, it becomes fact.

Also agree with the focus. Miura small blades arent forgiving I'm sure, and I hit those just as well as the 712 MB's, and maybe a half club longer.

[quote name='etrichards' timestamp='1370002821' post='7141800']
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1369939190' post='7136896']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah. Forgiving isnt treally the right word. I'd spent a fair amount of time testing with the CB's, MB's, as well as some MB's from other companies. I just know that I hardly mishit the titleist MB's or the Mizuno MP-64's at all, was a little less consistant with the Mizuno MP-69's and attrocious with the 712CB's every time I hit them. More just something about the look/setup etc encourages me to hit them correctly. Even switching back and forth between the 712 CB's and MB's, so it wasnt a different day thing.

I am a mental midget so once its in my head, it becomes fact.

Also agree with the focus. Miura small blades arent forgiving I'm sure, and I hit those just as well as the 712 MB's, and maybe a half club longer.
[/quote]
I had issues with the CB"s and the AP2's as well...but the MB's I hit well.......not sure I have the right shaft though....project x 5.5 feels too stiff and light.....maybe I should try DG TI or S300????