Rory back to Cameron Again

pretty close, means from 10,000 feet they look identical but aren't really that close.

the method technology has a very good fundamental basis. I think what a lot of guys strugle with is that on slow greens and the quick roll the method produces, the greens feel even slower. with the skidding that most (yes including camerons) the slow greens might be slow but don't feel as slow comparably. TW will win a many majors with this putter and so will rory, i have no doubt.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='shootermcgavin2' timestamp='1369836506' post='7127210']
[quote name='BNich0622' timestamp='1369399877' post='7097960']
I'm thinking his deal with Nike means he has to use a Nike putter. What kind of leeway do these guys have on using other equipment?
[/quote]

I'm wondering this as well, thought when it came to Nike sponsorships it's all Nike or else?
[/quote]

I believe Nike players are encouraged to play nike but can play what they want. however should they win a tournament using a non-nike club, they don't get their performance bonus.

[quote name='Sooner1' timestamp='1369839102' post='7127542']
[quote name='shootermcgavin2' timestamp='1369836506' post='7127210']
[quote name='BNich0622' timestamp='1369399877' post='7097960']
I'm thinking his deal with Nike means he has to use a Nike putter. What kind of leeway do these guys have on using other equipment?
[/quote]

I'm wondering this as well, thought when it came to Nike sponsorships it's all Nike or else?
[/quote]

I believe Nike players are encouraged to play nike but can play what they want. however should they win a tournament using a non-nike club, they don't get their performance bonus.
[/quote]

Im assuming that Rory has a 13 club contract like Tiger.

+ 95% of the golfing world will think hes using a Nike Putter

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1369374947' post='7097248']
Nike should just cut the BS and release a Non Method, Limited Edition, solid carbon, Newport style, milled putter. Tiger and Rory can both play it because God knows they would both be playing their coveted Camerons if it wasn't for their sponsorships.

And I am not a fan of Scotty Cameron putters in the least...But I am a fan of club confidence and the difference that it can make...especially with the flat stick.
[/quote]

Woods is leading the tour in putting right now. Why would he switch?

Nike putters are #1 and #4 in Top-5 of Strokes Gained Putting.

Indian, not arrow.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1369525685' post='7107470']
Tigers putting was automatic with the Cameron...

[/quote]

No it was not. His putting with the Cameron was the biggest reason he lost to Yang at the PGA. Couldn't even make a 4-5 footer on Saturday or Sunday. Also lost a number of Masters thanks to poor putting with the Cameron.

[quote name='twgolf' timestamp='1369400343' post='7097994']
Doesn't matter Cameron or Method, Rors is not putting well with either one. He is struggling right now to find his game. The only solid showing this year was at Houston. He has had really good rounds in other tournaments, but did not play well for all for days, provided he made the cut. Personally I think it is just too much going on in his life right now and his head is not in it.

But then again he has always been a streaky putter and I never thought that putting was the strength of his game.
[/quote]

I think the rest of his game (driving, irons, wedge play) is all putting more pressure on his putting and that is were he is struggling more and more. Confidence is such a fragile thing. He needs to play in competition more and get some rounds under his belt. He can't do that on the practice tee or in the fitting room. They help, but playing in competition is more important at this point. He has taken way too much time away from that aspect. How many competitive rounds has he played this year? How many missed cuts?

DRIVER - Callaway Epic Max SL, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green (50gm, 5.5 tipped 1" @44.5"); Tensei CK Orange 60 Regular tipped 1" @ 44".

3 WOOD - Taylormade M5 Titanium 15*, Tensei CK Orange 70 regular; Tour Edge C722 15* Ventus Blue 6s 
5 WOOD - Tour Edge C721 19* Ventus Red 6s
HYBRID - Callaway Super Hybrid 20*, Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
IRONS - Srixon ZX5 (ver 1) 5-AW, Mercury Tour Pro-Kevlar firm; Tour Edge C722 5-AW, KBS TGI 80 Stiff
WEDGES - Ping Glide 4.0 54W, Glide 60T, both Ping ZZ115
PUTTERS - Yes! Rachel Tour, Bobby Grace Ollie HSM, Bobby Grace Smart Fit (KBS CT tour shaft), Bettinardi BB-1, Toulon Long Island, all at 34.5"

[quote name='TexasTee' timestamp='1369842096' post='7127976']
[quote name='twgolf' timestamp='1369400343' post='7097994']
Doesn't matter Cameron or Method, Rors is not putting well with either one. He is struggling right now to find his game. The only solid showing this year was at Houston. He has had really good rounds in other tournaments, but did not play well for all for days, provided he made the cut. Personally I think it is just too much going on in his life right now and his head is not in it.

But then again he has always been a streaky putter and I never thought that putting was the strength of his game.
[/quote]

I think the rest of his game (driving, irons, wedge play) is all putting more pressure on his putting and that is were he is struggling more and more. Confidence is such a fragile thing. He needs to play in competition more and get some rounds under his belt. He can't do that on the practice tee or in the fitting room. They help, but playing in competition is more important at this point. He has taken way too much time away from that aspect. How many competitive rounds has he played this year? How many missed cuts?
[/quote]

He's following the girlfriend around too much. He was in Paris for the French Open on Monday and has a tournament on Thursday in Ohio. He's pretty much been doing this jet set lifestyle to follow her around the last year or two. After awhile it catches up with you.

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1369842465' post='7128034']
He's following the girlfriend around too much. He was in Paris for the French Open on Monday and has a tournament on Thursday in Ohio. He's pretty much been doing this jet set lifestyle to follow her around the last year or two. After awhile it catches up with you.
[/quote]

He was already in Europe for the BMW PGA, I highly doubt he flew back to Florida for the weekend and then flew to Paris for monday, it's more likely that he extended his stay to spend some time with Caroline. Time away from the game can't hurt especially when you're going through what he's going through and more than likely highly frustrated.

[quote name='Josh L.' timestamp='1369844332' post='7128274']
[/quote]

He was already in Europe for the BMW PGA, I highly doubt he flew back to Florida for the weekend and then flew to Paris for monday, it's more likely that he extended his stay to spend some time with Caroline. Time away from the game can't hurt especially when you're going through what he's going through and more than likely highly frustrated.
[/quote]

But he has spent a lot of time away from the game this year. It probably cost him a chance to play better at Augusta. Possibly will cost him at Merion too.

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1369846052' post='7128442']
[quote name='Josh L.' timestamp='1369844332' post='7128274']
[/quote]

[/quote]

But he has spent a lot of time away from the game this year. It probably cost him a chance to play better at Augusta. Possibly will cost him at Merion too.
[/quote]

This morning on the Golf Channel, they mentioned the same thing: he's spending a lot of time away from the game. We all know about course management. Maybe he should do a better job of career management. As for Tiger, I once read that he always has it in his contract that he can play any equipment he wants. Whether that's still true or not, I don't know; believe he's all Nike now. Have to admit, I was very surprised to see him switch from a Cameron to a Nike putter. Certainly hasn't hurt him any, though.

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1369841311' post='7127844']

[/quote]

No it was not. His putting with the Cameron was the biggest reason he lost to Yang at the PGA. Couldn't even make a 4-5 footer on Saturday or Sunday. Also lost a number of Masters thanks to poor putting with the Cameron.
[/quote]

I think, during his glory days, he was pretty consistent with the Cameron. His putting [i]was [/i]the primary reason for his troubles at the PGA, but I seriously doubt the Cameron was responsible for it.

[quote name='Fred Bluhm' timestamp='1369851240' post='7129074']
[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1369841311' post='7127844']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think, during his glory days, he was pretty consistent with the Cameron. His putting [i]was [/i]the primary reason for his troubles at the PGA, but I seriously doubt the Cameron was responsible for it.
[/quote]

Yes, he was phenomenal with the putter for the most part (especially early 2000's). But there is a reason he hasn't won at Augusta since 2005. He just hasn't putted well enough in many years there. I don't believe the putter itself is responsible, but the Scotty was in his bag for many of those poor putting performances at Augusta. Scotty was in the bag for the loss to Yang. Also in the bag at Bethpage '09 when he couldn't buy a putt. He would not have switched away from the Scotty putter if everything was going perfect for him.

I'm sure Rory would make more birdies if he actually put the ball around the green in few enough strokes to make birdies. Heck he could probably do it with Sandy Lyle's spaceship putter.

Cobra King F6+, Matrix Black Tie 65M4
Callaway X Utility Prototype 21*, Project X PXI 6.0
Adams XTD 3-PW, KBS C Taper 90
Scratch 8620 D/S 50*, 56*, 60*, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold S300
Bettinardi SS15
Srixon Q Star Tour

Rory just 4 putted with the Scotty...

Rory.jpg

I'm just imagining this face, again:

post-249790-0-67772200-1369367006_thumb.jpg

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='Shawn' timestamp='1369861530' post='7130288']
He also has won all his majors with a Scotty so....
[/quote]

I bet you if he had an old Acushnet Bullseye or his old Anser in his bag then he would've won with those. You guys that credit a specific club with wins or bad rounds are silly...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1369920731' post='7134310']
[quote name='seany bo' timestamp='1369920539' post='7134290']
[/quote][quote name='seany bo' timestamp='1369920539' post='7134290']
[/quote]

Just goes to show you that it's not the equipment....
[/quote]

Exactly what I've been saying.

Of course it's not the equipment. Look at all the guys from the past dropping putts just as well - with putters that look like they came out of the dumpster behind a dumpy miniature golf course.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

It's evidently not working today.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

IMO, changing putters is not always a huge deal. The guys do it all the time. But changing every club in your bag at one time can leave you reeling for confidence. The easiest club to resort back to is the putter. I believe changing back to the Scotty is a microcosm of a bigger sense of insecurity with his new bag makeup, new endorsement deals, a new life in general.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

[quote name='V-twin' timestamp='1369930716' post='7135708']
He is struggling big time today. Its more than just the putter.
[/quote]

I think two balls in the water today? Bad 6 months for Rory.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X