2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What is the best prank you have ever pulled on the course?

My brother was in love with his new set of clubs and invited me out to play with him while I was passing through town. I was on leave from the Army.

Unknown to him but known to his two buddies, I sneek an old club into his bag. He is about 10 yds from me and I call out to him, "Hey brother, have you had a chance to spark test these yet?" He said what? I said again, spark test them. Then proceeded to pull the old club from the bag and started to take full swings off the cart path (Concrete).

He was freaking, his buds were on the rears laughing so hard I thought they would wet themselves.

Took him to the back nine to forgive me.

Callaway XR 9.5 degree
Callaway X Hot 15 degrees
NIKE VR 21 degree hybrid
Callaway Razr Tour Irons
50 degree Volkey
[url="Seemore%20Putter"]WITB Link[/url]
58 degree cleveland
52 degree Sixron

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one!

I actually managed to get someone with the exploding ball on a first tee. Groups were backed up and everybody basically had a gallery when they hit their first tee shot. He hit his first drive OB, and was getting frantic looking for another ball in his pocket. I say "here ya go" and throw him the exploding ball. I did put my own markings that I put on all my golf balls so he didn't even realize there was no brand name on the ball. Next thing you know it POOF all the white powder is everywhere and people were busting out laughing. HIs face was so red, he topped his 3rd tee shot and couldn't wait to get out of there.

I don;'t know if this is a prank, exactly, but...

Making the turn, the group directly behind us bailed into the clubhouse to eat/drink. This is frowned upon, but they are locals to they get special treatment. We don't care (we are in front of them anyway) and make it to the 10th tee. While we are teeing off, a group comes rumbling up RIGHT to the tee markers and starts yelling that we cut in front of them. I explain very nicely that we have been following the group in front of us the whole day, we didn't jump anyone, and perhaps someone behind us dropped out. No matter, they are heckling us at the tee! We drive off shaking our heads and as we are getting to our balls those idiots start teeing off into us. They didn't reach us but they were trying to and then raced up to their balls to play through us. This was enough to get one guy (a walk-on) in our group so mad he wanted to fight them - all four of them! So there we were in the middle of the fairway, this one guy ready to start punching, surrounded by four idiots. In the commotion, nobody saw me go over to the idiots' carts and remove the keys. I grabbed our hothead and we went up to the green where the other twosome in our group was waiting.

The idiots hit up to the green when we were up there. Soon after they realized they had no keys. We had putted out and left the green. I called the clubhouse to explain what happened. They sent a guy out to question us and get the keys back. The idiots were kicked off the course - we never saw them again. Golf is supposed to be relaxing.

[quote name='FatSlice' timestamp='1369875259' post='7131560']

Making the turn, the group directly behind us bailed into the clubhouse to eat/drink. This is frowned upon, but they are locals to they get special treatment. We don't care (we are in front of them anyway) and make it to the 10th tee. While we are teeing off, a group comes rumbling up RIGHT to the tee markers and starts yelling that we cut in front of them. I explain very nicely that we have been following the group in front of us the whole day, we didn't jump anyone, and perhaps someone behind us dropped out. No matter, they are heckling us at the tee! We drive off shaking our heads and as we are getting to our balls those idiots start teeing off into us. They didn't reach us but they were trying to and then raced up to their balls to play through us. This was enough to get one guy (a walk-on) in our group so mad he wanted to fight them - all four of them! So there we were in the middle of the fairway, this one guy ready to start punching, surrounded by four idiots. In the commotion, nobody saw me go over to the idiots' carts and remove the keys. I grabbed our hothead and we went up to the green where the other twosome in our group was waiting.

The idiots hit up to the green when we were up there. Soon after they realized they had no keys. We had putted out and left the green. I called the clubhouse to explain what happened. They sent a guy out to question us and get the keys back. The idiots were kicked off the course - we never saw them again. Golf is supposed to be relaxing.
[/quote]The way to slow guys down like this is to throw marshmallos onto the course when they can't see their balls. Even better if you pick their ball up.

My buddy was having a rough go today being I took him to a course he has never seen. While looking for his ball I find a practice whiffle type ball and throw it to him to hit as he is addressing it I can't bring myself to let him hit it so I stop him and tell him to pick it up. My wifes cousin also showed me a video of his Driver swing the other day, his best friend set him up with the old exploding ball.
Fat Slice I must say kudos to you sir you guys handled that with the utmost dignity even though those as*hats fully needed their hat handed to them.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

I keep a couple tees with the rounded tops in my bag...always good for a laugh

What's in the Bag
Driver - TaylorMade R11tp 8*, Fujikura Blur 65X
3 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Big Tour 13.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X

5 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X
Hybrid - TaylorMade R11tp 16*, Aldila RIP 85X
Irons - Titleist 620 CB (3-6), 620 MB (7-9), DynaGold X100
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 48.10F, 54.12D, 60.12D, DynaGold X100
Putter - Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball - Titleist ProV1x

if a group hit into me like that (intentionally) I would hit their golf balls into the woods/pond/high grass etc. My buddy popped one over our heads in the fairway one time on purpose... I shot his ball straight into the lake.. Funny thing was he looked for it in the fairway for like 10 minutes

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Playing with my buddies who have a wide range of skills/no skills. Anyways, I'm in the cart with a player of less than stellar ability, and we're on a par 5. My partner hacks it up the fairway a couple shots and is about 250 from the green. The other cart has hit up and starts to drive up towards their balls. They get out of the cart and my friend goes to take a leak to the left of the fairway in the brush, about 100 yards ahead of us, but he's way off to the side. As my cart partner is getting ready to hit his lay-up, I see the other guy taking a leak (really his fault, I'll teach him a lesson), and yell FORE! as loudly and frantically as I possibly can. As we drive up, it looks as if he may have spilled his drink on his shorts, if you know what I mean.

Was playing in a work league, and there was one older retired guy who they let go off in the first group every week.

His vision wasn't the best, so one week, as he was teeing off, somebody tossed a second ball towards his ball just as he was in his backswing. Couldn't have worked any better -- he managed to hit both balls at the same time, one going left and the other right. His jaw dropped, he turned around and said, "Can you believe that? I just split that d@mn ball in half!"

Since he was in the first group, all 30 guys or so were standing near the first tee at the time, and the whole place just erupted in laughter. Funniest thing I've ever seen on the course!

The outhouse at my course on the 15th in front of the tee box about 50 yards to the right. As soon as we got to the tee box my brother ran past because he had to drop a deuce. I tee up and without even aiming at the outhouse BOOM nailed it. My brother screamed and left the outhuse with his pants down. Once he realized what happened he had to jump back in to finish up.

At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.

[quote name='hammy83' timestamp='1369930622' post='7135686']
The outhouse at my course on the 15th in front of the tee box about 50 yards to the right. As soon as we got to the tee box my brother ran past because he had to drop a deuce. I tee up and without even aiming at the outhouse BOOM nailed it. My brother screamed and left the outhuse with his pants down. Once he realized what happened he had to jump back in to finish up.

[b]At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.[/b]
[/quote]

That isn't funny at all. I've seen bags fall at awkward angles and driver heads snap off of shafts because of this. I don't care if they fell onto a bed of pillows... if somebody tried to mess with my equipment like that, it would not end well. I'm guessing you would have been easy to find, too... seeing as how you were the only one not re-attaching his bag strap.

Pranking a person is one thing, but putting their personal property in harm's way is immature and destructive.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.
[/quote]

The cart strap trick is not funny, even if they fall on grass. The bags could easily fall head first and snap a shaft. Or break something valuable in the bag. I would never risk breaking something for a laugh.

Driver - Titleist TSR3
Hybrid - Ping G430  
Irons - Titleist T 150 - MMT 125
Wedges - SM9 50,54,60
Putter - Scotty NP2

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1369931995' post='7135880']

[b]At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.[/b]
[/quote]

That isn't funny at all. I've seen bags fall at awkward angles and driver heads snap off of shafts because of this. I don't care if they fell onto a bed of pillows... if somebody tried to mess with my equipment like that, it would not end well. I'm guessing you would have been easy to find, too... seeing as how you were the only one not re-attaching his bag strap.

Pranking a person is one thing, but putting their personal property in harm's way is immature and destructive.
[/quote]

I agree...not cool...we'd have been scrapping

What's in the Bag

Ball - Titleist ProV1x

[/quote]

Guess us two are the only ones with a sense of humor

[quote name='HennyBogan26' timestamp='1369933258' post='7136084']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with sense of humor...some of us don't have an infinite disposable income...I have to save up to buy clubs...hell I have to save up just to buy balls...when a driver costs as much as four tires for my car or a rent payment I'm sorry its just not funny

What's in the Bag

Ball - Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='go low or go home' timestamp='1369936216' post='7136464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with sense of humor...some of us don't have an infinite disposable income...I have to save up to buy clubs...hell I have to save up just to buy balls...when a driver costs as much as four tires for my car or a rent payment I'm sorry its just not funny
[/quote]

+1. Wow. I certainly have a sense of humor about golf, but that's too much. This gear is way too expensive.

[quote name='thesamwise' timestamp='1369937150' post='7136578']
[quote name='go low or go home' timestamp='1369936216' post='7136464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1. Wow. I certainly have a sense of humor about golf, but that's too much. This gear is way too expensive.
[/quote]

Had a friend do this to me, my bag fell, my NEW driver head was scratched on the pavement. **SUCKS :(**

[quote name='FatSlice' timestamp='1369875259' post='7131560']

[/quote]

You sir are a genius!

Oh my god it's so briliant! The taking of the keys. I can't begin to describe how delicious that is! especially to do so under pressure and so stealthy! No one get's hurt, no one from your group gets in any real trouble. And those a** hats look like fools sitting in the middle of the fairway in their carts. I hope they got sunburned while waiting.

GREAT story

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[/quote]

Amongst my peers you'd have become persona non grata.
For future rounds of golf you have been called when we were done to tell you about the tee time.
Truly a juvenile act.

PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17° / 910h 24° & 27°
Titleist 913Hd 20°
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

[/quote]

The strap this isn't a prank, that is plain stupid. You could damage others people's property. You are someone that has a sick sense of humor and would not be someone i would want to play golf with ever.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I had a guy a few years ago do the cart strap trick to me and guess what .... . Scuffed the crap out of a new tour bag after it skidded down a cart path. He had to buy me a new one. Cost him $200

My long putter was also bent.

Imagine if he'd managed to scrape the head on the driver of snap a $300 shaft?

Anyhoo, stealing the cart keys was a beauty move.

I've seen the 6 pound rock in a side pouch of a carry bag done, it is a good one

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

[/quote]

My dad and my brother and my uncles will all do that to each other. About 5 or 6 times a round. They're hacks though and couldn't tell the difference between titleist and mizuno. Their clubs are all bought at walmart or play it again sports so they don't really care. They only have one rule: they don't do it to me because they know they'd be eating an odyssey after they did it.

As for me, all i've ever done is the exploding golf ball. It is hilarious when you can pull it off.

Mizuno JPX EZ @ 10.5 - Motore F1 S
M1 15* - Kuro Kage X
XR Pro 18* Hybrid - NVS 85X
MP-32 4-PW - S300
XFT 52-56-60
Mizuno Bettinardi BC5
K-Sig's baby!

[quote name='drake47' timestamp='1369932139' post='7135898']

[/quote]

The cart strap trick is not funny, even if they fall on grass. The bags could easily fall head first and snap a shaft. Or break something valuable in the bag. I would never risk breaking something for a laugh.
[/quote]

My brother in law does this to his dad and brother often....I let it be known that if he ever does it to me I will leave him and my blood covered 9 iron in the middle of the fairway....

[quote name='WalleyeDave' timestamp='1369888689' post='7133094']The way to slow guys down like this is to throw marshmallos onto the course when they can't see their balls. Even better if you pick their ball up.[/quote]
Definitely using that

And where can I get these round top tees? Im always being asked for a tee

Cleveland Classic 290/House of Forged John Daly XStiff/Gripmaster Leather wrap

Ping i20 3W
Cleveland CG16 Tour Satin Irons
Ping Tour-W 50/56/60 Wedges
Cleveland Classic #2 Putter

A few years back on a golf trip one of my buddies in the group behind us rolled his tee shot near us; no danger, no worries, but he didn't know that. :) So I calmly walked over to his ball, pretending to unzip my shorts along the way, turned my back to the tee where he was standing, and made it look like I was about to take a leak on his ball. What he couldn't see was the beer in my hand that had been rattling around the cart cage all round; I cracked it and began pouring it on his ball only to hear yelling and shouting from the tee. He had quickly hopped in his cart to try to stop what he thought was happening, only to see a yellowish liquid being poured onto his ball and a frothy mess on the ground. We drove away when he got near and heard more yelling; I looked back to see him kicking at his ball and picking it up with a towel. Why he even touched the ball I had no idea.

10th hole was next and we waited on the tee box for them, my buddy was fuming and saying "not cool". I fessed up, his mood quickly changed and we all had a good laugh. Good times.