What is the best prank you have ever pulled on the course?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HennyBogan26' timestamp='1369933258' post='7136084']
[quote name='hammy83' timestamp='1369930622' post='7135686']
The outhouse at my course on the 15th in front of the tee box about 50 yards to the right. As soon as we got to the tee box my brother ran past because he had to drop a deuce. I tee up and without even aiming at the outhouse BOOM nailed it. My brother screamed and left the outhuse with his pants down. Once he realized what happened he had to jump back in to finish up.

At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.
[/quote]

Guess us two are the only ones with a sense of humor
[/quote]

I think a lot of people on here have a sense of humor.....when something is funny. Not just plain stupid.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1369952983' post='7138600']
Occasionally, if a playing partner uses a Porta-john, one of us will put the cart in neutral, roll it up to the door quietly and park it - trapping him in there until we feel like letting him out.
[/quote]

Haha. I might use this, they can get very 'odorous' on those summer days

[quote name='Berticleez' timestamp='1369956830' post='7138970']
Occasionally, if a playing partner uses a Porta-john, one of us will put the cart in neutral, roll it up to the door quietly and park it - trapping him in there until we feel like letting him out.
[/quote]

Haha. I might use this, they can get very 'odorous' on those summer days
[/quote]

Did the same thing to a buddy. Except two of us had to take a leak and the course wasn't busy but there was a foursome behind us. I ran in the Men's room and he hit up the Ladies room (after knocking on the door). Well he had to take more than a leak and was in there for a minute however I finished pretty quickly. I rolled the cart up to the door and hopped on the back of the other cart in our foursome and we took off for the next tee which was a few hundred yards away through the woods. Well as it turns out, his stomach was pretty upset from some late night beer and pizza the night before and apparently it was pretty ripe smelling in the middle of summer. Needless to say the foursome of LADIES behind us, were none to pleased that they had to help him out of their bathroom and then deal with that smell. We were cracking up for the rest of the round.

When playing an unfamiliar course, I like changing the unit of measurement on my buddies Skycaddie from yards to meters. I'm hoping the whole time they don't hit close to a yardage marker. If not I usually get away with till the first par 3. Until then though, they just can't seem to figure out why every shot is coming up short.

my wifes second real game with her full set of clubs, about 3 groups waiting on the first tee as it was a really busy day. she is a complete natural, years of hockey and drives about 170 straight as. told her i just went to the pro shop and found her a new ball thats a little lighter to help with distance, she was so excited. tee'd it up and pooooof, thing explodes into white dust. everyones trying to keep a straight face and she turns around and says "im so so sorry i ruined your new ball" at that point everyone lost there s***. she didnt speak to me until the 3rd, but ended up having a laugh. going to get my dad in a few months and film it, will post it if all go's to plan.

HOW?.....WHY? is that damn exploding golf ball thing still so funny?

We've all seen it a hundred times on the internet. Then a member promises to try and get us fresh video and it's like the government announced a 2nd Christmas from now on.

don't wait months for pops Kyle, see if you can get your wife again! Ok that's probably a horrible idea

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='FatSlice' timestamp='1369875259' post='7131560']
I don;'t know if this is a prank, exactly, but...

Making the turn, the group directly behind us bailed into the clubhouse to eat/drink. This is frowned upon, but they are locals to they get special treatment. We don't care (we are in front of them anyway) and make it to the 10th tee. While we are teeing off, a group comes rumbling up RIGHT to the tee markers and starts yelling that we cut in front of them. I explain very nicely that we have been following the group in front of us the whole day, we didn't jump anyone, and perhaps someone behind us dropped out. No matter, they are heckling us at the tee! We drive off shaking our heads and as we are getting to our balls those idiots start teeing off into us. They didn't reach us but they were trying to and then raced up to their balls to play through us. This was enough to get one guy (a walk-on) in our group so mad he wanted to fight them - all four of them! So there we were in the middle of the fairway, this one guy ready to start punching, surrounded by four idiots. In the commotion, nobody saw me go over to the idiots' carts and remove the keys. I grabbed our hothead and we went up to the green where the other twosome in our group was waiting.

The idiots hit up to the green when we were up there. Soon after they realized they had no keys. We had putted out and left the green. I called the clubhouse to explain what happened. They sent a guy out to question us and get the keys back. The idiots were kicked off the course - we never saw them again. Golf is supposed to be relaxing.
[/quote]

norcal? what course was it?

[/quote]

I used to work at a course on the maintenance crew, and they were all great guys and we would joke around with one another frequently. One time we were coming in from the course to park and walk to the clubhouse for lunch and a we "saw" one of our guys went into the don jon. We ran around the corner and then rolled a work cart (jacked up, big tires and a bed) in front of the door and went to lunch.......10 minutes later the guy we thought we trapped in there walked in and we laughed and asked him how he got out.....he had no idea what we were talking about. We had to go let our boss out of the don jon lol......I still have no idea how that happened lol.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

I was playing in Edmonton a number of years ago. The course is very wide open with ajoining fairways. About halfway through our round we here someone yell four and a ball bounces right beside us. One of the guys I was playing with tells a friend to lay on the ground and he starts simulating CPR. This may have been a bit over the top, but the look on the guy's face coming over from the other fairway was priceless.

This happened just last week. One of our guys in our group had just bought a new R1 and was bragging about how great it was. He had previously played a R11 that he sold to another member of the group. While he wasn't looking, we put the R1 headcover on the R11 and put it back in his bag. it took him three holes before he realized he was hitting the R11.

PXG Gen6 0311 9.0 with Aldila Rogue MSI125 stiff

PXG 0211 3 and 5 woods

PXG 0317CB with Project X LZ 6.0

Bettinardi Queen Bee B11

The outhouse at my course on the 15th in front of the tee box about 50 yards to the right. As soon as we got to the tee box my brother ran past because he had to drop a deuce. I tee up and without even aiming at the outhouse BOOM nailed it. My brother screamed and left the outhuse with his pants down. Once he realized what happened he had to jump back in to finish up.

At one of the tournaments I went to all the carts were parked on the grass with everyones bags loaded. When everyone was gone to listen to the annoucements (shotgun tourny) I went back and released all the bag straps except my carts. When everyone went to go their own direction after the annoucements about 70% of the bags fell off the carts onto the grass. I never laughed so hard in my life.
[/quote]

Total d-bag move

I did the strap prank and it might be my best memory of working at a golf course.

90lb Japanese course manager decided to ask me to clean his clubs in front of his 20 friends from Japan before they did a shotgun start. I was 23 and didn't care about the job, just wanted free golf, and there was no way I was going to let that slide after one of his buddies smirked at me.

Put his bag on his cart, left the strap unhooked, and when he tried to take off with his buddies all behind him, his bag fell and they all laughed at him. Guy behind him almost ran over his bag. I made a point of laughing right in his face when he looked over.

He asked the pro to clean his clubs once, and the pro hit wedge shots off the cart path, and tossed sleeves of his balls to us starters/range rats.

Sounds terrible, but I am SO glad the Japanese lost their asses buying golf courses in CA.

Back during HS golf, I teed off on our home course par 4 down hill, blind green, but reachable. The group ahead of mine were cheering and coming up giving me high 5s once we got down to the green because apparently I got a hole-in-one while they were still on the green! I was playing with my coach and we were all celebrating. Well, come to find out, one of the guys put it in the hole only because it went right by him as he was putting. I was just a freshman at the time, so I should have known better. But they definitely got me!

Cobra King F9 Speedback 9PX EvenFlow White T-1100 6.5-X 75g

Cobra King F9 Speedback Baffler Tour 4-5 17.5GD Tour AD TP-8x

Cobra King RAD Speed 21*  UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 480 F5

Callaway '09 X-Forged 4-5i  PX Flighted 6.0

Titleist 910H 27Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Cobra S3 Pro Forged CB/MB 6-PW  TT DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey Sm7 52/58*  TT DG S200
Bettinardi  '19 Queen B #6  35"

Titleist AVX/ProV1-V1x

[quote name='scotto69' timestamp='1370006688' post='7142200']
I did the strap prank and it might be my best memory of working at a golf course.

90lb Japanese course manager decided to ask me to clean his clubs in front of his 20 friends from Japan before they did a shotgun start. I was 23 and didn't care about the job, just wanted free golf, and there was no way I was going to let that slide after one of his buddies smirked at me.

Put his bag on his cart, left the strap unhooked, and when he tried to take off with his buddies all behind him, his bag fell and they all laughed at him. Guy behind him almost ran over his bag. I made a point of laughing right in his face when he looked over.

He asked the pro to clean his clubs once, and the pro hit wedge shots off the cart path, and tossed sleeves of his balls to us starters/range rats.

Sounds terrible, but I am SO glad the Japanese lost their asses buying golf courses in CA.
[/quote]

So because of one person you don't like Japanese people in general?

Anybody ever use a couple rubber snakes? One of the guys in my group would never give up looking for a lost ball. Well $20 at Walmart solved that problem. I've never seen a 40 year old man turn into an 8 year old girl that fast. I don't think he left the fairway for the next couple months.

10.5* R15 430 - Elements Chrome 6F4T
RBZ Stage 2 3HL Tour - TSPX VTS Silver
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3Hyb - TSPX VTS Silver
20* MP-H4 / 24* MP-H4 / 6-PW MP-59 - S300SL
50* 54* 58* MP-T11 - S300SL
Scotty Cameron JAT

[quote name='KAtkins' timestamp='1370028517' post='7144952']
Anybody ever use a couple rubber snakes? One of the guys in my group would never give up looking for a lost ball. Well $20 at Walmart solved that problem. I've never seen a 40 year old man turn into an 8 year old girl that fast. I don't think he left the fairway for the next couple months.
[/quote]Good one.....we could use that with the elderly gentlemen at my course....they seem to think that when they lose a ball, they cannot stop looking for it until they find it, and one other ball also. Of course, they have literally hundreds of perfectly good golf balls stashed in barrels in their garages.

[quote name='go low or go home' timestamp='1369936216' post='7136464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with sense of humor...some of us don't have an infinite disposable income...I have to save up to buy clubs...hell I have to save up just to buy balls...when a driver costs as much as four tires for my car or a rent payment I'm sorry its just not funny
[/quote]

You must have a cheap car. If my driver costs as much as a set of tires for my car I'd have a 2k driver!

[quote name='CosmosMpower' timestamp='1370052393' post='7147144']
[quote name='go low or go home' timestamp='1369936216' post='7136464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with sense of humor...some of us don't have an infinite disposable income...I have to save up to buy clubs...hell I have to save up just to buy balls...when a driver costs as much as four tires for my car or a rent payment I'm sorry its just not funny
[/quote]

You must have a cheap car. If my driver costs as much as a set of tires for my car I'd have a 2k driver!
[/quote]

Or you are just getting ripped off on tires...

Titleist 915 9.5 with Blueboard 73x
Titleist 915F 13 with Blueboard 83x
Titleist 712MB 4-9
Vokey SM4 46,52, 60
Vokey SM5 56
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

[quote name='dnong' timestamp='1369982049' post='7141270']
[quote name='FatSlice' timestamp='1369875259' post='7131560']
I don;'t know if this is a prank, exactly, but...

Making the turn, the group directly behind us bailed into the clubhouse to eat/drink. This is frowned upon, but they are locals to they get special treatment. We don't care (we are in front of them anyway) and make it to the 10th tee. While we are teeing off, a group comes rumbling up RIGHT to the tee markers and starts yelling that we cut in front of them. I explain very nicely that we have been following the group in front of us the whole day, we didn't jump anyone, and perhaps someone behind us dropped out. No matter, they are heckling us at the tee! We drive off shaking our heads and as we are getting to our balls those idiots start teeing off into us. They didn't reach us but they were trying to and then raced up to their balls to play through us. This was enough to get one guy (a walk-on) in our group so mad he wanted to fight them - all four of them! So there we were in the middle of the fairway, this one guy ready to start punching, surrounded by four idiots. In the commotion, nobody saw me go over to the idiots' carts and remove the keys. I grabbed our hothead and we went up to the green where the other twosome in our group was waiting.

The idiots hit up to the green when we were up there. Soon after they realized they had no keys. We had putted out and left the green. I called the clubhouse to explain what happened. They sent a guy out to question us and get the keys back. The idiots were kicked off the course - we never saw them again. Golf is supposed to be relaxing.
[/quote]

norcal? what course was it?
[/quote]

Indian Valley or San Geronomo. IIRC it was San G.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1369953551' post='7138640']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think a lot of people on here have a sense of humor.....when something is funny. Not just plain stupid.
[/quote]

Not just stupid but likely criminal... At the very least it was an intentional act with the potential to cause damage to other's property so that would qualify as criminal mischief at a minimum, a really crafty prosecutor could even probably manage to file one charge per bag or cart. If there were actual damage, then you are looking at possibly facing vandalism charges or, if the dollar amount was great enough, felony destruction of property charges.

That does not count the possibility of civil suits being levied... Not only could you be sued for actual damages of the property but also possibly punitive damages. Since you were in a tournament and there was presumably a prize for the winner, you could also be held liable for the potential loss of the value of that prize and possibly any future prizes that the person could have missed out on due to the damage to his property.

Sorry but funny pranks are one thing, criminal actions do not qualify in my eyes.

I used to live on a golf course growing up. My buddies and I decided to make a fishing pole with a string on it. We would sit in my pool throw the ball out in the rough and watch people come over and pick it up. As soon as they did this YANK. Half the time they would fall over while we would be sitting there laughing. It was a lot of fun.

Also same house we used to watch for golfers walking in our yard to hit a ball from it. I would run to the garage and turn the sprinklers on and soak them.

[quote name='Golfinwill' timestamp='1370261072' post='7158704']
I used to live on a golf course growing up. My buddies and I decided to make a fishing pole with a string on it. We would sit in my pool throw the ball out in the rough and watch people come over and pick it up. As soon as they did this YANK. Half the time they would fall over while we would be sitting there laughing. It was a lot of fun.

Also same house we used to watch for golfers walking in our yard to hit a ball from it. I would run to the garage and turn the sprinklers on and soak them.
[/quote]Good ones!

[indent=1]Listen to all you whiners... one calling it criminal LMAO (I live in Canada so seeking a criminal suit... good luck!) Never said it was smart... I was young and dumb ... but it was funny. it was on the grass and almost everyone in the tourney was far less than a weekend golfer.. I supplied several sets of clubs to none golfers. Not one club was damaged FYI and not one pissed off person. Don’t assume this was a golfwrx tourney were everyone can bomb a 300 7 iron and has a driver worth a set of 4 tires lol. It was a hack tourney that was extremely fun and my prank definitely wasn’t even the best at the tourney. Good job assuming to most of you though.[/indent]

The cart strap thing USED to be a good prank when steel shafts and strong heads and cheap clubs were used. Now, when you are talking about a $400 driver, a $250 3-wood and a $225 5 wood suddenly it isn't so funny! Plus add a $400 GPS unit in the bag, possibly $300-1,000 progressive lens bifocal glasses, etc and now times 50-100 bags, you sir left yourself open to a huge potential payout.Personally I'd think it would be hilarious to see you shell out $2,000-5,000 in damaged property.
I'd have simply left your car without it's valve cores. Good luck getting home...

[quote name='hammy83' timestamp='1370268344' post='7159278']

[indent=1]Listen to all you whiners... one calling it criminal LMAO (I live in Canada so seeking a criminal suit... good luck!) Never said it was smart... I was young and dumb ... but it was funny. it was on the grass and almost everyone in the tourney was far less than a weekend golfer.. I supplied several sets of clubs to none golfers. Not one club was damaged FYI and not one pissed off person. Don’t assume this was a golfwrx tourney were everyone can bomb a 300 7 iron and has a driver worth a set of 4 tires lol. It was a hack tourney that was extremely fun and my prank definitely wasn’t even the best at the tourney. Good job assuming to most of you though.[/indent]
[/quote]

You can try to spin it any way you want. It was a dumb act. I realize you were young and we've all done dumb things at that point of our lives. But if you are older now, stop trying to justify it and admit that it was a foolish thing to do.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1370273721' post='7159952']
[quote name='hammy83' timestamp='1370268344' post='7159278']

[indent=1]Listen to all you whiners... one calling it criminal LMAO (I live in Canada so seeking a criminal suit... good luck!) [b]Never said it was smart... [/b]I was young and dumb ... but it was funny. it was on the grass and almost everyone in the tourney was far less than a weekend golfer.. I supplied several sets of clubs to none golfers. Not one club was damaged FYI and not one pissed off person. Don’t assume this was a golfwrx tourney were everyone can bomb a 300 7 iron and has a driver worth a set of 4 tires lol. It was a hack tourney that was extremely fun and my prank definitely wasn’t even the best at the tourney. Good job assuming to most of you though.[/indent]
[/quote]

You can try to spin it any way you want. It was a dumb act. I realize you were young and we've all done dumb things at that point of our lives. But if you are older now, stop trying to justify it and admit that it was a foolish thing to do.
[/quote]

see bolded. I never justified what I did.... I gave reasons why it wasnt that big of a deal at the time.

[quote name='Willie Malay' timestamp='1370270215' post='7159524']
The cart strap thing USED to be a good prank when steel shafts and strong heads and cheap clubs were used. Now, when you are talking about a $400 driver, a $250 3-wood and a $225 5 wood suddenly it isn't so funny! Plus add a $400 GPS unit in the bag, possibly $300-1,000 progressive lens bifocal glasses, etc and now times 50-100 bags, you sir left yourself open to a huge potential payout.Personally I'd think it would be hilarious to see you shell out $2,000-5,000 in damaged property.
I'd have simply left your car without it's valve cores. Good luck getting home...
[/quote]

Did I say I did this yesterday? nope good assumption. GPS wasnt even thought of for cars let alone golf. As for the property damage... gtood one!