When is Taylor Made going to stop?

victor10

perhaps your looking at it from the wrong perspective, new equipment means sales ane second hand items that are hardley outdated technology. my advice test, and wait to buy in the sale which will undoubtably be soon :) 

Mizuno St-Z - 9.5 - Accra Tour Z RPG H
Callaway Epic flash - 15, tensei blue av 75
Ping G410 - 19 Tour Ad DI
Yonex Cb301 pw-7 Cb501 6-4- Modus 120
Titleist Sm8 - 50 - 54 - 58
SIK DW-c

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='victor10' timestamp='1373320590' post='7411900']
I don't know why anyone would buy new Taylor Made equipment. I just saw that they are coming out with another new driver. I think that is 6 new models in the last year. I bought a new TM 3 wood that I paid over $200 for new. Within 2 months they came out with another model. The same with the hybrids!
I will NEVER buy another TM product again!

What is your opinion?
[/quote]

TM is notorious few new releases it seems about every 6 months, so if I played TM (which I used to 100% for several years, but no longer do), I'd simply not buy latest out, and when next revision comes out, but the previous latest/greatest, then rinse and repeat.

I'm starting to find the gains to be had are marginal, so might cure me of some, not all, of my HO tendencies.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

This is what I don't understand. And maybe someone can explain it to me. But really... Who cares? If you want the newest to be the coolest on the course your going to have to pay. Otherwise be patient. Maybe person A thinks the sldr fits their eye better than a R1. Not anyone's problem but the person buying the club. If you want to buy it great, if not great. But complaining for the sake of complaining is kind of ridiculous. Just my 2 cents...

This really is a fascinating topic. To me, it is an admission that many of us are accepting whatever advantage a manufacturer implies simply by their offering something new.

If we can step away from TaylorMade's white and black driver offerings for a moment, I bet even the OP would not be frustrated if TM offered two identical drivers of different colors and then came out with a third color. The "new" color probably wouldn't imply that the new club was superior from a performance standpoint, so he'd be peaceful about the introduction.

But if the new club had a minor design change that could therefore be valuable practically . . . all hell breaks loose. Do new clubs really perform better? Sometimes! Sometimes not!

Embrace the possibilities!

I don't know why anyone would buy new Taylor Made equipment. I just saw that they are coming out with another new driver. I think that is 6 new models in the last year. I bought a new TM 3 wood that I paid over $200 for new. Within 2 months they came out with another model. The same with the hybrids!

What is your opinion?
[/quote]

Stop trolling and get a grip. TM only has three drivers for 2013. They only had two in 2012.

If you bought a TM 3 wood for $200 just a couple of months before the new ones came out, you got schooled. You didn't do enough shopping around since price drops happen well before a couple of months out.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

TM hit a home run with the White driver and made a ton of money selling golfers 2-3 white drivers but I guess the novelty has worn off and TM is looking for the next big thing.

I think it's funny, but impressive, that TM takes concepts and ideas that other companies developed and gave up on and markets them so they seem new and fresh which leads many to believe TM invented it.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

When will they stop? You can't be serious... That is their business, why would they stop? Just a little dramatic don't ya think?

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

Quite simply dont buy the newest tm equipment and dont pay retail for it either. if you do you' re just a sucker and you deserve to be ripped off. I play plenty of tm equipment and none of it was purchased when it was the 'latest and greatest.' But everything works just fine. You club hoes crack me up.

EF 10.5
EF 15
G425 19
P790 4-A
SM9 54, 58
Phantom X 5.5

A few years ago I asked my Pro why they didn't stock TM and Adidas products and his response was it was almost impossible to make any money selling it(small shop).

They insisted on large orders only, and the turnover was so quick of new product while great for TM, was tough for the small shop to handle. They featured Ping and Titleist products as the life cycle was longer, at least one full golf season.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

These rants are so silly. Who cares if they come out with new drivers? Do you hate your driver if Titleist comes out with a new one? TM has ALWAYS worked this way and plenty of people like TM products. New stuff doesn't impact how your old stuff works and often isn't even an upgrade. Just freaking relax and enjoy what you have. Hell, if you stayed out of the pro shop you wouldn't even know but TM knows you can't stay out of the proshop ;-)

welcome to America OP where manufacturers are allowed to make a profit. guess what i'm doing. i am going to want a new driver soon. so i'm testing all of the current models. will write down the one i like best. in 6 months, i will be able to pick it up somewhere whether here or another online retailer for a fraction of what it costs now.

people just like to complain.

I had more respect for the club manufacturers when they had an annual release cycle. "This is our product offering for this year. We'll spend the next 12 months trying to improve upon this design."

Now that it's every few months, I don't believe they are making actual improvements their #1 priority. They are trying to dominate the market with new designs. I currently own 2 TM drivers and 2 TM fairway woods, so I like their products; but I own older TM clubs.

My biggest gripe with taylormade is that they claim their TP shafts are real when IN FACT they are just pieces of junk. Taylormade has always been just so so for me in performance but I do still have and like my Burner TP 07 3 wood (with real aftermarket shaft that I installed)

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink) Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x) 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex) 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour) 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper) PING Redwood black satin D66

I love what TMAG does. They are not afraid to say that different players need different equipment. Titleist and Ping try and sell you on the fact that you are playing the same equipment as touring pros but the reality is that not many players are actually qualified to play that equipment. I've been playing TMAG equipment since I first bought used LCG irons way back in the 90s. They've always pushed the boundaries and tried to innovate. Some things are crazy. Others are not. Complaining about their release schedule is to miss the benefit completely. Every consumer gets 1-3 drivers a year from TMAG that might change their game. The head shape on my RBZ Stage2 Tour just fits my eye. From the first time I picked it up to the round I played this afternoon I haven't shanked a shot yet. I struggled to get comfortable with my 910 D2 and the D3 that I bought later. Those were awesome drivers but I never felt fully comfortable with either. The 913 was more of the same. The fast release cycle meant that I could test out different options and also take advantage of a sale. I'm now going to test out the R1 drivers the rest of the year and see if I can find a better fit and an incredible deal this winter. Why would any consumer ever complain about more choices and cheaper prices??

What is your opinion?
[/quote]
I put a different spin on this argument. If you turn up on the first tee with an older model driver you look like a playa who has a trusty favourite in the bag. If you have the latest, greatest driver in the bag you look like a TMAG fanboy or a chopper trying to buy a game.

I have 6 year old drivers in my rotation so you can imagine how cool I look on the first tee.

[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1373417499' post='7421082']
A few years ago I asked my Pro why they didn't stock TM and Adidas products and his response was it was almost impossible to make any money selling it(small shop).

They insisted on large orders only, and the turnover was so quick of new product while great for TM, was tough for the small shop to handle. They featured Ping and Titleist products as the life cycle was longer, at least one full golf season.
[/quote]

This is interesting. My club's pro is sponsored by Ping, but stocks mostly TM products. I asked him why and he said that he can make more money with TM. They have a better business model. He can order Ping and Titleist stuff, but he stocks very little of it. His clothing is all Adidas, except for some Loudmouth stuff that some of the old guys at the club like.

This is the most trolling topic I've read in the longest time. This seriously cannot be news to anyone. TM's MO. Nothing new here.

Titleist 910D2 8.5, Oban Devotion 7
Titleist 910F 13.5, Motore Speeder 7.0
TItleist 910F 19, Diamana Kai'li 70
Mizuno MP-32 4-PW, S400
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.14, 60.04
Ping Redwood Anser

[/quote]

On the contrary! I think you're being lied to :)

Small shops make a killing with TM equipment, easier to get; easier and faster to sell. Turnover frequency has nothing to do with how people stock their shelves, stock can be sent back for credit. My local shop stocks mostly TMaG stuff. You need to put in an order if you need something other than TM.

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

To answer the OPs headline ? - I am sad to report it seems TM has stopped.......making MB forged irons. :angry2: Dang it! When did they come out with their Tour Preferred MB irons with that unique screw headweight in the back - 2011?

I look at their website alot, and never find it in their current lineup - always available as cert. used. A few ebayers sell them still. I play some of their fairways and hybrids from various seasons, but the only iron they have put out in almost five years I would play is that MB.

Just because there isn't alot of cosmetic or performance (alleged) changes that can be made in forged MB irons, it seems like Taylor Made has in this area - Stopped.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

[quote name='tdelam' timestamp='1373432978' post='7422624']

[/quote]

On the contrary! I think you're being lied to :)

Small shops make a killing with TM equipment, easier to get; easier and faster to sell. Turnover frequency has nothing to do with how people stock their shelves, stock can be sent back for credit. My local shop stocks mostly TMaG stuff. You need to put in an order if you need something other than TM.
[/quote]

Add to it how good their customer service is, and the fact that they rarely have to send TM product back for non conformance.

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

[quote name='DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan' timestamp='1373421400' post='7421582']
My biggest gripe with taylormade is that they claim their TP shafts are real when IN FACT they are just pieces of junk. Taylormade has always been just so so for me in performance but I do still have and like my Burner TP 07 3 wood (with real aftermarket shaft that I installed)
[/quote]

It's not fact at all - many are the exact shaft with different paint

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

What is your opinion?
[/quote]
Why does it matter? If you buy a club and it works then it's meaningless afterwards isn't it? Surely you weren't expecting some kind of BMWesque resale value on a used 3 wood? And I apologize for calling you "Surely" :D

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1373418012' post='7421172']
well the last couple models (R1 Black, Tour head) are all because you guys are asking for them, also the SLDR is a [b]prototype, [/b]it might not even come out.
[/quote]

Taylormade / Adidas is a marketing machine, you think they would tweet and let pics out of the "prototype SLDR" from this week on tour if it wasn't coming retail? This the same idea as when the rocketbladez came out and they "covered" the badges with tape, they do this to create hype and buzz. Look how much has been created on this site alone? May not be final version, but this driver is some version is coming retail and would bet money by this fall.