When is Taylor Made going to stop?

victor10

[quote name='mr smith' timestamp='1373423054' post='7421786']
[quote name='victor10' timestamp='1373320590' post='7411900']
I don't know why anyone would buy new Taylor Made equipment. I just saw that they are coming out with another new driver. I think that is 6 new models in the last year. I bought a new TM 3 wood that I paid over $200 for new. Within 2 months they came out with another model. The same with the hybrids!
I will NEVER buy another TM product again!

What is your opinion?
[/quote]
I put a different spin on this argument. If you turn up on the first tee with an older model driver you look like a playa who has a trusty favourite in the bag. If you have the latest, greatest driver in the bag you look like a TMAG fanboy or a chopper trying to buy a game.

I have 6 year old drivers in my rotation so you can imagine how cool I look on the first tee.
[/quote]

Ah yes. You are definitely a legend in your own mind. :D

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on TM's frequent release of new equipment is that excellent clubs with excellent shafts will soon be available on Ebay for a song. I picked up a used Rescue TP with an Ozik Altus shaft for about $50. $219 new. R11S TP drivers can be had for under $149 with high end shafts such as the Black Tie 7M3($499 new). I personally have 0 issues with TM's frequent product release strategy.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

I don't see the issue here. It's more options and it's a very competitive market that should result in better product being released. And of course lower prices [b]if you shop around and don't need the newest thing[/b]. The are a few insane club ho's on here (you know who you are!) and that crowd isn't complaining, because it is what it is.

The way I see it, a properly fit driver or fairway should be an investment of sorts, something you can use for at least 1-2 seasons as you won't see much performance gains by switching if you get the right clubs built up front. But if you need to buy the newest thing every time it comes out, well don't act shocked when something else comes out a few weeks later and your item is selling for less.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

What's not to love about this? TMaG makes awesome equipment, the frequency of releases only allows everyone to play awesome equipment for much less than other brands. Look at the positive side of things, no matter what you're playing you're always playing the latest and greatest equipment :)

:smilie_tm:

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

I remember a time, not too long ago, where manufacturers never came out with new clubs for a minimum of 3 or even 4 year cycles. They believed people wouldn't buy them. Then, they found people would buy every 2 years...now every 1 year...and now, even shorter and shorter cycles. The market dictates the cycle, and the price. It isn't "if you build it, they will come.".... it's really, "they're coming, keep building."

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

I don't own a single TM product but I appreciate what they do.

A healthy equipment industry benefits everyone.

Beside that.... Them bringing out new drivers gives us new tech options at a lower price. For instance the price drop on the R1 (black). It will be in my to be tested list when I go to replace my current driver (launching way to high).

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

TM is not release the irons fast enough. Two to three drivers a year is fine they should do that for the irons. More the merrier. LOVE TM.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

[quote name='magnus7319' timestamp='1373472511' post='7424824']
I remember a time, not too long ago, where manufacturers never came out with new clubs for a minimum of 3 or even 4 year cycles. They believed people wouldn't buy them. Then, they found people would buy every 2 years...now every 1 year...and now, even shorter and shorter cycles. [b]The market dictates the cycle, and the price. It isn't "if you build it, they will come.".... it's really, "they're coming, keep building.[/b]"
[/quote]

I don't understand why some people have such a hard time with that concept. They aren't making clubs for the heck of it or because they have nothing else to do. They are making clubs because people keep buying them. Period. The market isn't saturated, and the market has shown a clear propensity to buy new equipment more frequently. Welcome to the age of the manufacturers "givin' em' what they want"; in a sense.

[quote name='HighCut' timestamp='1373481744' post='7426004']
I hate taylormade products for this very reason.

They are in it for the money and I would never buy a new release from them. Wait 6 months and get it for a steal. Only TMAG product i would use is the Lethal Ball.

They are also knocking off Mizuno with their new driver. Mizuno had that a couple years ago!!!
[/quote]

Hey Highcut, I too reside in NJ where are you. No need to hate TM and you cant be hating them too much if you play their ball. Just enjoy what you like to play with.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

They are in it for the money and I would never buy a new release from them. Wait 6 months and get it for a steal. Only TMAG product i would use is the Lethal Ball.

They are also knocking off Mizuno with their new driver. Mizuno had that a couple years ago!!!
[/quote]

Thing is Mizuno never got it right, everyone knows this, TMaG advances it's technology and will likely have a winner like most of their equipment :)

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1373465653' post='7423942']
[quote name='DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan' timestamp='1373421400' post='7421582']
My biggest gripe with taylormade is that they claim their TP shafts are real when IN FACT they are just pieces of junk. Taylormade has always been just so so for me in performance but I do still have and like my Burner TP 07 3 wood (with real aftermarket shaft that I installed)
[/quote]

It's not fact at all - many are the exact shaft with different paint
[/quote]
That is exactly what they want you to think. They want you to think you are playing the same shaft that is out on tour when in fact it isnt even close. Every TP shaft you buy in a TM is a watered down version of the real deal aftermarket shaft. THE [u][b]ONLY[/b][/u] "real" shafts with other paint schemes are the ones that are on the tour vans. if you put a TP club from off the rack next to a TP club off the tour van you will see the difference immediately.

Why is that taylormade (so called real shafts) are lighter often times and have different specs than the real deal? If they are painted for TM (extra paint) wouldnt they be heavier not lighter?

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink) Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x) 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex) 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour) 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper) PING Redwood black satin D66

Ive held the TP shaft compared to a shaft off the tour van side by side and the graphics are slightly different and the paint is wayyyy different.

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink) Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x) 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex) 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour) 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper) PING Redwood black satin D66

[/quote]

Wow. A golf company that is in the business to make money. What a concept.......

As I stated in the SLDR thread, does anyone have proof that Mizuno owns the patent for the weight in the track? There is so much cross patent licensing going around the the golf industry. Just because Mizuno came out with the weights in the track first does not necessarily mean they own the patent. Think of it this way, these OEMs use one patent for the adjustable hosel. This is why everyone's torque wrench is set for 40 lbs. of torque.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

My biggest gripe with taylormade is that they claim their TP shafts are real when IN FACT they are just pieces of junk. Taylormade has always been just so so for me in performance but I do still have and like my Burner TP 07 3 wood (with real aftermarket shaft that I installed)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, TP shafts are the real deal with TM paint job. This has been confirmed on a number of occasions by the shaft manufacturers themselves.

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1373466268' post='7424006']
My take on TM's frequent release of new equipment is that excellent clubs with excellent shafts will soon be available on Ebay for a song. I picked up a used Rescue TP with an Ozik Altus shaft for about $50. $219 new. R11S TP drivers can be had for under $149 with high end shafts such as the Black Tie 7M3($499 new). I personally have 0 issues with TM's frequent product release strategy.
[/quote]Exactly, buy a little later, save a lot of $$$. Most TMAGophiles can't seem to help themselves, though. IMHO the only big boys you should consider buying when they first come out is Ping or Titleist, as far as value is concerned.

Ping G20 8.5 Oban Devotion 6 05
Ping G20 4w TFC Tour 169 X
Adams Idea Pro12 20* VS Proto RIP'D
Ping G15 4-LW AWT X Green Dot
SC Laguna Custom CW 36" Black
WITB Link

I don't know why anyone would buy new Taylor Made equipment. I just saw that they are coming out with another new driver. I think that is 6 new models in the last year. I bought a new TM 3 wood that I paid over $200 for new. Within 2 months they came out with another model. The same with the hybrids!

What is your opinion?
[/quote]

I'm confused. How does Taylormade introducing a new golf club diminish the results you're getting from what's in your bag now? Has it rendered your club obsolete in some way? Will your buddies ostracize you now that you're pathetically "behind the times" by playing a previous model? Were you planning on selling your club for huge dollars on eBay and now you believe it's value has depreciated significantly? Come on, man!

Allow me to humbly suggest you take your current TaylorMade golf club and JUST GO PLAY GOLF with it. Trust me: nobody cares what's in your bag and if you're hitting it well, then you shouldn't either.

[quote name='turnbowm' timestamp='1373496499' post='7427714']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, TP shafts are the real deal with TM paint job. This has been confirmed on a number of occasions by the shaft manufacturers themselves.
[/quote] is there a video of them painting the shafts for TM?

is there a video of them painting the shafts for TM?

no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='Crue4' timestamp='1373368724' post='7415502']
With TM just wait until July 1 always, that is when they drop prices by $100 or more. Simple they get an extra $100 per profit on each driver for those that just can't wait until July 1
[/quote]
Actually TaylorMade gets about $80 more profit and the retailer $20 but I know what you meant.

[quote name='Goldenhawk' timestamp='1373413254' post='7420598']

What is your opinion?
[/quote]

Stop trolling and get a grip. TM only has three drivers for 2013. They only had two in 2012.
[/quote]

So, five new offerings in 18 months. Not including a few v2's and v3's...

I dig...

just because i want the latest model, do you think i would trade in my TP MBs for the rocketbladez?? you couldnt pay me to do such a thing

Taylormade M3 460 [9.5] // Tensei White 60S

Taylormade R9 [15] // Diamana Ahina 80S

Vokey WW Low Bounce K Grind [54-58] // PX 6.0

Taylormade Daytona Prototype

No problem with TM frequently releasing new products. That's why you can now buy a new RBZ driver for $169 shipped directly from them.

Ping G425 10.5 / Ping G410
Callaway UW 17*
Ping G410 4H
Cobra F7 EL 4i
Ping i200 6-UW / i500 5-PW Power Spec / i210 5-PW
Ping Glide 4.0 54/58
SC Phantom x 9.5 

[quote name='DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan' timestamp='1373482478' post='7426108']
[/quote]

[/quote]
That is exactly what they want you to think. They want you to think you are playing the same shaft that is out on tour when in fact it isnt even close. Every TP shaft you buy in a TM is a watered down version of the real deal aftermarket shaft. THE [u][b]ONLY[/b][/u] "real" shafts with other paint schemes are the ones that are on the tour vans. if you put a TP club from off the rack next to a TP club off the tour van you will see the difference immediately.

Why is that taylormade (so called real shafts) are lighter often times and have different specs than the real deal? If they are painted for TM (extra paint) wouldnt they be heavier not lighter?
[/quote]

My TP R1 black had the real deal Matrix White Tie WITHOUT the TM graphics.