ManuLife Classic

78Staff

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1373595371' post='7436742']
[size=4]Did notice good sized galleries, larger than recent US events, including the USWO. And it's only Thursday![/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]OH CANADA!!![/size]
[size=4]We don't share the same xenophobia where the Asians are destroying the LPGA....lol[/size]
[size=4]We Canucks like all the attractive pros from Korea, Japan, US, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Norway, UK, etc[/size]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373599025' post='7437260']
[size=4]Did notice good sized galleries, larger than recent US events, including the USWO. And it's only Thursday![/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]OH CANADA!!![/size]
[size=4]We don't share the same xenophobia where the Asians are destroying the LPGA....lol[/size]
[size=4]We Canucks like all the attractive pros from Korea, Japan, US, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Norway, UK, etc[/size]
[/quote]

Why wouldn't you? I spent a lot of time in BC (Vancouver, the Sunshine Coast), as well as other parts of Canada. Nice place. :-)

[size=4]Another odd start/routing issue with Grey Silo, starting on 11 vs 10.. 1 & 18 are segmented away from the rest of the course, and IIRC last year they did some awkward shuttle system that drew some complaints, so I guess this year they are trying a different tact.[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]I believe it is the same logistic issues as last year too.[/size]
[size=4]Holes 1&2 are 0.3 km from hole 3 and the range/clubhouse are 1.1 km from hole 3.[/size]
[size=4]There must be a large team of vols for shuttling the pros.[/size]

[size=4]I don't believe there is a shuttle service for the fans......the range is always a nice area to watch the pros.[/size]

Manulife had difficulties finding a host course.....Grey Silo...a muni was the only one to put up their hand.
BTW....there is a really nice private course nearby....Westmount G&CC which held the 1990 du Maurier.

Why isn't Kim Welch playing? Nothing on her twitter. She would have been eligible since her status isn't subject to the reshuffle. A player like that needs to make every attempt at a fluke high finish that could salvage her season.

This is Tom Abbott's first visit to the hosting role after the profanity in the middle of last season. I appreciate his style, with the occasional oddball remark.

These midday time slots on Thursday and Friday aren't exactly great theatre. It would work better if the tee times of the feature groups were moved an hour later. That way we'd catch 6 or 7 holes as they finished, instead of 2 or 3. With this version we watch the early wave play only a few holes then get a very unsatisfying glimpse of the opening few holes of the afternoon wave. It's like an idiot set this up. Maybe the blue on blue guy was reassigned.

A few days ago I was wondering what happened to the low rounds from Ryann O'Toole. She has enough strengths and aggressiveness in her game that those rounds shouldn't disappear completely, even if the disaster holes and terrible rounds are a given. On this course she might avoid the 75. Ryann has a chance at St. Andrews with a good round tomorrow. Playing late she'll know what she needs. Not likely to happen, if I had to guess.

They reverted on the promo clip, as shown on the pro-am show. So Yeon is gone, replaced by Wie. Inbee is still absent.

Nobody mentioned Michelle's topped fairway wood from the left rough on 18? Her body was so stationary it almost looked as if she tried to hit a grounder. Didn't finish on her left side at all, as Jane Crafter pointed out. The putting was fine, in fact she made three nice putts within the brief television window, including a 20 foot birdie on 17.

Jennifer Johnson was 150/1 in this event. I can't remember a recent winner disrespected to that extreme, particularly on a course that figures to yield low scores, similar to her win.

Good catch...I forgot about Kim.

I used to not like Abbott....but I like him more because he does say some dumb things and takes some jabs.
Foltzy and Abbott seem to enjoy putting the other down. Foltz told Tom he made such an obvious comment when Lang took relief on 18.

Yes....some of the Thurs/Fri coverage can be boring....a casual fan would not watch.

MW looked like she was trying to sling a draw from a downhill lie....she was aligned to the right.....you'd think she hit a fade.....with a bail out to the right allowing lots of green to chip to a left pin.

JJ at 150/1...that's crazy.

Seems like a lot of grandstands were built for the event.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373595753' post='7436788']
[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373592336' post='7436218']
So far this last week or so we've had very nice gentle rains that can actually sink in instead of running off. It doesn't take a lot of rain for our courses to look great. I love Vancouver....but I was there in 1985 or so & I imagine it's changed a lot, like most places. Our best vacation ever was a trip to Calgary/Jasper Park/Banff, then took the overnight train to Vancouver....the scenery was breathtaking! Would loved to have spent much more time in Vancouver. LOTS to see & do there! I'm saving my $$$ for my trip to Colorado for the Solheim....cannot wait!
[/quote]

Since Expo 86.....Vancouver is night and day....a tear down house will cost $1.5M.

Are you one of these Mericans I'll see on TV plastered in red, white & blue with face paint?....be honest.
[/quote]No face paint, I can promise you that, but I'll be with two other gals (we're all kind of small'ish) & we'll be wearing red/white/blue. Maybe even hats that are "distinctive", so our friends will recognize us on TV. :-) Not that there are that many gals here that will be watching the Solheim, or recording it. :-(

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1373647879' post='7440974']
Do we really have to watch that much of InBee during her warmup and listen to them interview her caddie. Can we instead see the golf that is currently being played?
[/quote]

Yes, there are going overboard.....she's getting the GC Tiger fawning treatment.
Ok....enough is enough...we don't need to see InBee, her coach and caddie chatting b4 they tee off.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373637104' post='7439368']
Putt...Belen is off to a nice start this morning and only 1 off the current lead. Here's a little Belen for you...
[size=4]Didn't realize she's 5'6"...does that mean she's a sure winner this weekend?[/size]
[/quote]

Thx
I assume you haven't seen Belen....I've been fortunate to watch her twice....in 2010 & 2012.....she's amazing when she's only 3 ft away.
She's got a lot of competition....but if she wins she'll be a consideration for Solheim.....then there will be a Spanish 4some.

I don't know if Belen is in the WBO field....but her -11 should secure a spot.
Hopefully Ryann get's in.

This event is turning into the equivalent of the John Deere...quite the birdie fest. We're on our way to a -20 winning score with the cut at least at -1 and possibly moving to -2.

It looks like the morning wave scoring average is somewhere around 69 and Anna Nordqvist and Austin Ernst posted 64's. The Angela Stanford K.O.D. came into play with a bogey on 16 but those are the best back to back rounds she's had so far this year. Really nice leaderboard with a Sunday shootout looking like a great possibility.

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373641699' post='7440034']
[size=4]No face paint, I can promise you that, but I'll be with two other gals (we're all kind of small'ish) & we'll be wearing red/white/blue. Maybe even hats that are "distinctive", so our friends will recognize us on TV. :-) Not that there are that many gals here that will be watching the Solheim, or recording it. :-([/size]
[/quote]

Kay
But lots of guys here will be watching the Solheim......I'll assume you and your gal pals are hotties....so we'll be watching out for you as the majority here like to watch eye candy.
I think you also have some game....so your hotness factor goes up too....get to scratch......and you'll be off the charts....lol.
If you have booty....watch out for Tbowles....he seems to have now distanced himself from the Pink Diva....rumor is he's a Denzel look-a-like....so you'll be happy.

Don't forget to wear your short skorts and yell....Mashed Potatoes and Ba Ba Bowee....to help us pick you out from the crowd.

Have fun!!!!

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1373650750' post='7441422']
Whats up with all the red today, is there a specific reason so many people are wearing it.
[/quote]

It's Red Friday in recognition for Women's Health Heart and the major charity benefactor this week is a local hospital.

There is also CN Miricle Match that is tied to the CWO....where they have raised millions to benefit the local children's hospital where the CWO is played that year. CN will match each donation $ for $.

Charity is the BIGGEST winner on the LPGA & PGA tour.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373651545' post='7441560']
Whats up with all the red today, is there a specific reason so many people are wearing it.
[/quote]

It's Red Friday in recognition for Women's Health Heart and the major charity benefactor this week is a local hospital.

There is also CN Miricle Match that is tied to the CWO....where they have raised millions to benefit the local children's hospital where the CWO is played that year. CN will match each donation $ for $.

[/quote]

Thanks putt, I'm sure they mentioned it at some point but I missed it.

On a side note, are they going to lead off every commercial break with the retirement one. I may throw something through the TV before the tournament is over.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373651545' post='7441560']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Putt did you just do a PSA?

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373655480' post='7442142']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373653085' post='7441836']
Putt did you just do a PSA?
[/quote]

It's all about selling & branding....besides......I'm short-listed for the CMO role at the LPGA.....lol.
[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's well documented that I'm in line to become commissioner of the LPGA. Although you have some outstanding ideas we need to go through your Marketing plan. However, Pelz and Putt...not bad. And if we don't make it to the LPGA, we can do morning drive on 94.5 The Beat in Vancouver. I kinda have a thing for Denai Johnson.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373653801' post='7441924']
[size=4]Good kid too. I want her to date my younger son but gasp...she's got a BF? Who approved that?[/size]
[/quote]

I believe most of the attractive pros have BF's.
If your younger son is 6'3" & 18-20 yrs old....what about Lexi or Danielle K?

If he's in his mid 20's....I don't know if these gals are spoken for:
Ekey, Paige, Jennifer J, Kim W, Ryu, Hee Young Park, Ai-Chan,

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373655755' post='7442186']
[size=4]Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's well documented that I'm in line to become commissioner of the LPGA. Although you have some outstanding ideas we need to go through your Marketing plan. However, Pelz and Putt...not bad. And if we don't make it to the LPGA, we can do morning drive on 94.5 The Beat in Vancouver. I kinda have a thing for Denai Johnson.[/size]
[/quote]

What a loser I am.....never heard of Denai Johnson...so I did a Google.....NICE!!!!.....why do you listen to 94.5?....I've never listened.

When someone talks about Chi-town I think of good food, architecture, what a dive O'Hare is, Wrigley Field, The Windy City, Sears Tower & Stan Mikita.....lol.

I'll do Morning Drive with Holly.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373655906' post='7442206']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373653801' post='7441924']
Good kid too. I want her to date my younger son but gasp...she's got a BF? Who approved that?
[/quote]

I believe most of the attractive pros have BF's.
If your younger son is 6'3" & 18-20 yrs old....what about Lexi or Danielle K?

If he's in his mid 20's....I don't know if these gals are spoken for:
Ekey, Paige, Jennifer J, Kim W, Ryu, Hee Young Park, Ai-Chan,
[/quote]

The younger son is 27, 6'5", extremely good looking (his mother's contribution) and the nicest guy in the world. Ryu would be a great choice!

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373656252' post='7442264']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373655755' post='7442186']
Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's well documented that I'm in line to become commissioner of the LPGA. Although you have some outstanding ideas we need to go through your Marketing plan. However, Pelz and Putt...not bad. And if we don't make it to the LPGA, we can do morning drive on 94.5 The Beat in Vancouver. I kinda have a thing for Denai Johnson.
[/quote]

What a loser I am.....never heard of Denai Johnson...so I did a Google.....NICE!!!!.....why do you listen to 94.5?....I've never listened.

When someone talks about Chi-town I think of good food, architecture, what a dive O'Hare is, Wrigley Field, The Windy City, Sears Tower & Stan Mikita.....lol.

I'll do Morning Drive with Holly.
[/quote]

Every once in a great while I get up to Vancouver...love the area. Was going somewhere in the rental car and the radio was set on 94.5 and heard the young lady. Did the same Google and voila.

The first thing you should be thinking of is the Stanley Cup...seeing we don't have baseball here and the Bears are going to have an ugly season, hockey is all we have to hold on to. Spot on regarding O'Hare, we call Wrigley the world's largest urinal (sorry to the Cubs fans on here) and the food here is awesome. If you ever get out this was give me a holler and we'll find a place for a great round, huge steak and a nice bottle of wine.

Good luck with Holly!

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373656553' post='7442314']
[size=4]The younger son is 27, 6'5", extremely good looking (his mother's contribution) and the nicest guy in the world. Ryu would be a great choice![/size]
[/quote]

Yes, Ryu is a good choice so is Ai-Chan as both have lots of earnings potential of the pros I mentioned....so your son can have a good life as a tour husband and sex slave....lol.