ManuLife Classic

78Staff

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373657772' post='7442440']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373656553' post='7442314']
The younger son is 27, 6'5", extremely good looking (his mother's contribution) and the nicest guy in the world. Ryu would be a great choice!
[/quote]

Yes, Ryu is a good choice so is Ai-Chan as both have lots of earnings potential of the pros I mentioned....so your son can have a good life as a tour husband and sex slave....lol.
[/quote]

He'd sign up for that in a NY minute.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impossible the cut moves to -3.

Ryann birdied three in a row and is having another good round at just the right time, with that British Open berth at stake. She didn't qualify for the British Open in her Solheim year of 2011.

Belen is best served when pictures don't include her legs. The recent one in this thread is no exception. I'm not saying she has bad legs but they can appear out of sorts and distracting. She needs to default to long gowns like the prom photo.

I watched the pro am on Wednesday. What a great bunch of gals! Friendly to kids and all the fans!

Lexi made my niece's day! She pulled out a used glove, signed and handed it to my niece when we first arrived at the pro am and randomly walked 1/2 way up the 14th! We met Lexi again on the 7th and got another autograph from her and a picture! Too bad Lexi didn't make the cut.

Here are a few pictures:

With Lexi

IMG_4504_zps038b0918.jpg

With Kristy

IMG_4488_zps1a5d14f4.jpg

With Brittany

IMG_4494_zpsbf2a830e.jpg

With Stacy

IMG_4499_zpse8a3982c.jpg

Ryann (my niece was a little bit shy since Ryann was one of the first few she tried to get autograph from)

IMG_4483_zps36d554df.jpg

Getting an autograph from Angela Stanford

IMG_4489_zps7b1b4e78.jpg

Getting an autograph from Karrie Webb

IMG_4485_zps14a773d1.jpg

Getting an autograph from Amy Yang

IMG_4491_zps7e9473c0.jpg

Ok...watching the coverage via DVR and have to comment on KK. Interviewing Anglea post round she throws out a good opening question regarding recent improved play. Angela references improved putting. The follow up question is are you reading the greens better and controlling your speed more?

Well...there are only a couple of answers here...yes or no. Gotta go much more open with the questions and give her space to talk. Need to see some improvement from her.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373677296' post='7444424']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373677237' post='7444418']
Wow...Michelle Wie with 2 eagles, no blow ups and playing the weekend. BJ must be riding her arse about the SC.
[/quote]

Or, she locked him in the cellar at home...
[/quote]

Maybe he couldn't get through customs. They're not big on going into our friends to the north for work.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373682146' post='7444998']
If anyone wants a good laugh, check out the Putts Per GIR stat pages on the Symetra Tour. The greatest putters in the history of the planet apparently monopolize that tour:

[url="http://www.symetratour.com/stats/stats-detail.aspx?q=putts%20per%20gir"]http://www.symetrato...q=putts per gir[/url]
[/quote]

Man, that's some damn fine putting there.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373682146' post='7444998']
If anyone wants a good laugh, check out the Putts Per GIR stat pages on the Symetra Tour. The greatest putters in the history of the planet apparently monopolize that tour:

http://www.symetratour.com/stats/stats-detail.aspx?q=putts%20per%20gir
[/quote]

Well...if you holed out as many approaches as they do, you'd average less than half a putt per hole.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373651202' post='7441508']
[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373641699' post='7440034']
[size=4]No face paint, I can promise you that, but I'll be with two other gals (we're all kind of small'ish) & we'll be wearing red/white/blue. Maybe even hats that are "distinctive", so our friends will recognize us on TV. :-) Not that there are that many gals here that will be watching the Solheim, or recording it. :-([/size]
[/quote]

Kay
But lots of guys here will be watching the Solheim......I'll assume you and your gal pals are hotties....so we'll be watching out for you as the majority here like to watch eye candy.
I think you also have some game....so your hotness factor goes up too....get to scratch......and you'll be off the charts....lol.
If you have booty....watch out for Tbowles....he seems to have now distanced himself from the Pink Diva....rumor is he's a Denzel look-a-like....so you'll be happy.

Don't forget to wear your short skorts and yell....Mashed Potatoes and Ba Ba Bowee....to help us pick you out from the crowd.

Have fun!!!!
[/quote]You forget......we're Moms! And GrandMom's too.....so we most likely will not get any camera time. (But we WERE hot at one time, now just lukewarm) :-)

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373725456' post='7446766']
[size=4]You forget......we're Moms! And GrandMom's too.....so we most likely will not get any camera time. (But we WERE hot at one time, now just lukewarm) :-)[/size]
[/quote]

Kay
My wife is 13 years old that me and has been a Nana for 11 years.....she's actually been away for 2 months travelling across Canada visiting our 4 grandsons.
She is still a hottie and always will be a hottie....but she hates it when I call her a hottie.
I can't speak for others, but in my books.....eye candy doesn't necessarily equate to a woman in her 20's....far from it.

Petah
Aren't you the gent who posted on a Toronto golf site about your adventures to the Manulife with your niece.
Your niece is a little sweetie....the pic with Stacy is one of the best I've seen.

You should write to www.lpga.com.
[url="http://www.lpga.com/features/golf-blog.aspx?q=For+the+Love+of+the+Fans"]http://www.lpga.com/...ove of the Fans[/url]

They have a "For the Love of the Fans" section and they luv to hear stories about Lexi and other pros of your experience.
You should send the Lexi and Stacy pic to them.
I'm fairly confident they would post your story and then you can show your niece how famous she is and she can show her friends.
This is how the LPGA is trying to increase their exposure by targeting the family demographics.

I too am disappointed Lexi didn't make the cut...this kinda course should be in her wheel house....Lexi is so nice to her fans.

Glad you and your niece had a great time and hope you attend this weekend.

I'm happy to see fellow Canucks and sponsor invites Brooke Henderson and Jennifer Kirby playing well.
Brooke is paired with MW today...this is great and likely the largest gallery Brooke will experience so far.
MW is a fan favourite but many will be cheering for Brooke too......I hope they show some coverage.

Ok...what's going on.
On both Thurs & Fri....GC said that Nicole Hage forget to send in her app for the WBO....yet lpga.com is announcing Hage as qualified.
There are 2 spots left...hope Ekey is one...don't know if Brooke can be one considering she's not a LPGA member....but think she could qualify based on the WBO is an Open.

Kudos to Ryann on her WBO qualification.

I hope Ryann and Belen play awesome on moving day and get lots of coverage.

PS I like the Sydnee commercial promoting a golf college.

PSS from the WRX photos....a beer is $9....yikes...but not so extreme from the standard of other sporting venues.

.........PSS from the WRX photos....a beer is $9....yikes...but not so extreme from the standard of other sporting venues.

Keeps the fans from getting too drunk and yelling out "Tim Horton's" on TV!!!

The Yanks have a patent on Mash Potatoes, Ba Ba Boowie, Light the Candle, etc....that the rest of the world has no interest to copy...lol.

We tend to save our obnoxious behavior when we don't win a Stanley Cup and burn down the city.....my hometown and proud of it. :stop:

Ya gotta luv hockey....the only sport where fighting is encouraged and allowed.....two sports in one.

4957042.jpg?size=620x400s

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373729483' post='7447084'] On both Thurs & Fri....GC said that Nicole Hage forget to send in her app for the WBO....yet lpga.com is announcing Hage as qualified.[/quote]

Abbott corrected it yesterday. Said it was a clerical error, or similar.

Once that was settled, they couldn't figure out if Angela Stanford was playing the British Open.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373728588' post='7447006']
Petah
Aren't you the gent who posted on a Toronto golf site about your adventures to the Manulife with your niece.
Your niece is a little sweetie....the pic with Stacy is one of the best I've seen.

[url="http://www.lpga.com/features/golf-blog.aspx?q=For+the+Love+of+the+Fans"]http://www.lpga.com/...ove of the Fans[/url]

They have a "For the Love of the Fans" section and they luv to hear stories about Lexi and other pros of your experience.
I'm fairly confident they would post your story and then you can show your niece how famous she is and she can show her friends. [/quote]

This is excellent advice. I'm almost certain they would do it.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373741168' post='7447894']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373728588' post='7447006']
Petah

I'm fairly confident they would post your story and then you can show your niece how famous she is and she can show her friends. [/quote]

This is excellent advice. I'm almost certain they would do it.
[/quote]

I talked to the LPGA Media folks today and showed them the photos in this thread. They loved it and said send it in.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

nice rds by HYP (the Rocket) & Mrs. Piller.
[size=4]Abbott is good cause he says the stupidest things like how HYP's socks shrank.[/size]
[size=4]Glad he clarified that Brooke Henderson is the youngest to win a pro event.[/size]

[size=4]Typical Ryann...fanned a shot into the hazard on 17...the place one MUST avoid for a double.[/size]
[size=4]Belen WTF....a 7 on 18....hello.[/size]
[size=4]They really want all the girls to birdie 18....many only used a 3W off the tee[/size]
[size=4]I'm disappointed with the gallery today...I guess a lot of families are off to the cottage or other family stuff and there is a Indy event in Toronto....but gotta believe Indy & LPGA might be mutually exclusive.[/size]

[size=4]Supposedly Jesse's fired caddie is on Anna N's bag.[/size]

Weird 530pm EST finishing time for the weekend.

Many pros wearing black with black ribbons in their hats to pay respect for a Korean pro who passed away at 56...she was the 1st Korean to win on the LPGA.

So why arrest the guy who took a swim in the swamp.....paper work...he didn't seem to bother anyone.....just let him be...if he want to want around wet and smelly....who cares.

I have no idea who will win tomorrow.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373750859' post='7448526']

[size=4]I'm disappointed with the gallery today...I guess a lot of families are off to the cottage or other family stuff and there is a Indy event in Toronto....but gotta believe Indy & LPGA might be mutually exclusive.[/size]

So why arrest the guy who took a swim in the swamp.....paper work...he didn't seem to bother anyone.....just let him be...if he want to want around wet and smelly....who cares.

[/quote]

The galleries are bigger than what they had at the Women's US Open. The golf course is a tough one to get around so a lot of people stay in the stands around #10, 12 & 18.

Protected wetlands area

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373750859' post='7448526'][size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Typical Ryann...fanned a shot into the hazard on 17...the place one MUST avoid for a double.[/size]
[size=4]Belen WTF....a 7 on 18....hello.[/size][/quote]

Two mistake prone players who had all but avoided bogeys during the first two rounds. Bound to catch up to them. Percentage of holes above par is one of the most reliable stats. Players of all levels tend to play back to their norm over the course of 72 holes. I posted that in one of the Masters threads a couple of months ago and not many posters liked it. They prefer the idea that if you're playing well it will stay that way. Twenty-five years ago I had that misconception also, until I started charting round after round. If weaker players want to maintain their placing later in an event, almost without exception they need to step up the birdie pace, because the errors seldom can be avoided. Belen faltered today. Ryann after three rounds has only 4 holes above par for the event. She could easily match that number in one round tomorrow. For her sake I hope that's wrong but I've seen it time after time. It's one tool to bet the daily head-to-head matchups.

[quote name='canadianglen' timestamp='1373753391' post='7448718']
Hello, everyone. Just wanted to say hello since I've just joined WRX. I only watch the ladies, so this is where I will be posting. some of you may recognize me. Nice to see the fans out in Canada, as usual. :rofl:
[/quote]

Greetings and Welcome!

There are quite a few of us that enjoy watching the LPGA. :-)