2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

ManuLife Classic

78Staff

[quote name='exquisitechip' timestamp='1373829199' post='7452876']
Why even bother wondering about this, its a done deal. Lets see, a low-key journeywoman who's never won vs the most famous golf chick in the world. Michelleee being there brings extra sparks to the whole event. Besides look at the facts--MW is 12th in the points rankings, she has experiences on the team, plus she is artistic and probably can be counted on for some sweet face paint designs and probably fingernails too--case closed.
[/quote]
Exq
You're right....I forgot MW is artistic...she can make some g8 posters for the US war room....ok....MW is a shoe-in.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1373833795' post='7453134']
Meh, Meg's not a Wie Superfan like so many, given any workable chance to pick elsewhere I'd say she does. Problem is, so far no one has given her an excuse to pick them, other than JJ. Maybe today Gerina can solidify her case...
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]I thought I read somewhere that Meg liked MW....I think Dottie does care much for her.[/size]
[size=4]Unless Gerina makes it in via Rolex points or Gerina finishes top 15 and MW finishes near DFL or misses the cut at the next 2 events....MW is in.[/size]

[size=4]All I can say right now....I hope there is controversy in Meg's picks to stir the pot.....maybe she'll do an eye candy pick and choose Ekey & Sydnee.[/size]

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373848784' post='7454442']
[size=4]I thought I read somewhere that Meg liked MW....I think Dottie does care much for her.[/size]
[size=4]Unless Gerina makes it in via Rolex points or Gerina finishes top 15 and MW finishes near DFL or misses the cut at the next 2 events....MW is in.[/size]

[size=4][/quote][/size]

Right now after Manulife Rolex has Morgan at 50, Johnson up two spots to 54, and Gerina up 3 spots to 57, so no real change, just all three sliding up.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373848784' post='7454442']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1373833795' post='7453134']
Meh, Meg's not a Wie Superfan like so many, given any workable chance to pick elsewhere I'd say she does. Problem is, so far no one has given her an excuse to pick them, other than JJ. Maybe today Gerina can solidify her case...
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[/quote]

Can't happen... Meg won't pick anyone with that much desperation going on in her putter stroke. Hell just looking at MW bent over the ball on the green put's the Euro's 3up in against her before they even tee off. :)

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='AKftw' timestamp='1373856192' post='7455210']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373851852' post='7454732']
It's amazing how little these ladies earn.

[url="http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx"]http://www.lpgascori...eaderboard.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

No it is not much but it's directly proportionate to the amount of spectators and lack of interest. It will die if nothing changes unfortunately
[/quote]

I certainly hope that's not the case. There seemed to be a lot of people at this tournament.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373856279' post='7455220']
[size=4]I certainly hope that's not the case. There seemed to be a lot of people at this tournament.[/size]
[/quote]

Of course....we Canucks aren't so myopic about Asians dominating the tour.
Expect large galleries at the CN CWO in Edmonton too.

Kudos to the Rocket!!
I was disappointed not to see fellow members there to celebrate.
You could see Angela's pals....Gerina & Kristy on the sidelines.

too funny...Catriona's fav meal is In n Out.
The gals on tour luv this place....if you read some tweets they are in a food coma after each visit.

Jane Park is funny...she always wants to eat and has food orgies with her gal pals....MW, Tiff, & Xtina.
I always thought Jane was such a serious pro....but twitter demonstrates the opposite outside the ropes.

I think Worth Blackwelder was on Jodi Hyphen's bag.....her regular loop is Worth's son and Kerr is WD....was dad pulling rank for a paycheck?....relegating the son to a journeywoman? Jodi went birdie eagle to make the cut on Fri.

I don't think too many pros took advantage of the driveable 8th.

Hanna Kang a Mon qualifier and has done nothing on tour is in the CME.....lol.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373851852' post='7454732']
It's amazing how little these ladies earn.

[url="http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx"]http://www.lpgascori...eaderboard.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

Look what Maiya of BB fame took home as DFL on the Symetra....$274...and Shin finish ahead of her and made $2 more....lol.
These gals must have rich families or generous investors or parent's carrying a 2nd mortgage....and many have been on tour for a while.
[url="http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx"]http://www.symetrasc...eaderboard.aspx[/url]

This is a weak year on Symetra....I thought Jaye Marie Green was going to lead....but hasn't done much....I wonder how much losing to Lydia in the Am and not advancing at LPGA Q-school has affected her?

The gal who won today looks 11 yrs old....lol.
[url="http://www.symetratour.com/golf/news/2013/7/albany-final-notes.aspx#volvik"]http://www.symetrato...tes.aspx#volvik[/url]

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373865275' post='7455790']
hmmmmm
Both HYP & Angela are 5'6".

Awsi....pls fwd us a database of 5'6" LPGA pros to save us time for future event picks....thx
[/quote]

I've bet both of them countless times in matchups over the years because of that height. Often they've been matched against each other, although that hasn't been the case recently. Angela is generally one tier above Hee Young.

I do have a list and tried to paste it here from Excel but the formatting is a mess. It is alphabetical with the height at right. The height sprays everywhere when I try to paste. I'll have to apply a filter when I get a chance and see if I can paste only the 5-6 players. Assuming you're serious.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373864912' post='7455774']
This is a weak year on Symetra....I thought Jaye Marie Green was going to lead....but hasn't done much....I wonder how much losing to Lydia in the Am and not advancing at LPGA Q-school has affected her?

The gal who won today looks 11 yrs old....lol.
[url="http://www.symetratour.com/golf/news/2013/7/albany-final-notes.aspx#volvik"]http://www.symetrato...tes.aspx#volvik[/url] [/quote]

Very weak year on Symetra. I haven't had much energy to follow that tour this year. They were giving out 5 cards when the depth was better and as soon as they switched to 10 the fields seemingly slumped. Not many top Asians out there right now.

Carling had a good finish to make the cut on Saturday. Shannon makes few mistakes but few birdies. I noticed that Golf Channel is giving Symetra updates once per week and lately they always include Mallory Blackwelder's finish. Not a coincidence. They know Mallory is returning for the reunion series this fall. We're not supposed to know.

On the LPGA, I still don't understand why Big Breakers Kim Welch and Nicole Smith didn't play this week and aren't in the field next week.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373861611' post='7455616']
too funny...Catriona's fav meal is In n Out.
The gals on tour luv this place....if you read some tweets they are in a food coma after each visit. [/quote]

I'm convinced there's a global brainwashing in favor of In N Out. Otherwise I have no explanation toward the popularity of that place. Other than chirpy help and a nice basic menu there's nothing to recommend. But don't say that in front of a worshipper.

My first week at USC my new roommates raved about a local hamburger joint. They were sure I'd love it and would be begging them every day to return. We loaded in the back of a pickup truck. Overflowing. Once we're there, I'm handed a cardboard box and minuscule mediocre burgers. To this day that's my wag nickname for the place, Minuscule and Mediocre. It took me a long time to fully forgive those roommates. Luckily they restored some confidence with a visit to Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart.

Maybe once every other year in Las Vegas I'd visit the In N Out next to UNLV on Maryland Parkway. Within 5 minutes I'd wonder what I was thinking. The recipe never changes...greatest help in the world, handing out pathetic food. The milk shakes are very good. I'll give them that.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373866673' post='7455848']
[size=4]I've bet both of them countless times in matchups over the years because of that height. Often they've been matched against each other, although that hasn't been the case recently. Angela is generally one tier above Hee Young.[/size]

I do have a list and tried to paste it here from Excel but the formatting is a mess. It is alphabetical with the height at right. The height sprays everywhere when I try to paste. I'll have to apply a filter when I get a chance and see if I can paste only the 5-6 players. Assuming you're serious.
[/quote]

I was kidding about the database.....but IF in the future I want to start betting....I'll PM you for the list...lol.
It really is scary how so many pros around 5'6"........win.
Only Tutta @ 5'7" & JJ 5'8" have won this year.

Hmmmmm.....Gerina is 5'7"....I've been right beside Gerina....she might be 5'6"....she does have a full head off hair.....lol.
You should send Meg an email.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373860966' post='7455592']
Kudos to the Rocket!!
I was disappointed not to see fellow members there to celebrate.
You could see Angela's pals....Gerina & Kristy on the sidelines. [/quote]

Yeah, where were the Koreans? That was very odd. Even after a long playoff I assumed some of them would be there.

Otherwise:

* Korean umbrellas should include a translation

* Angela's backswing was shorter and shorter as the playoff progressed

* Foltz still needs to simplify the questions if the foreigner isn't proficient in English

* Hee Young apparently had a funny interview after the round. I read the transcript on LPGA.com. Lots of awkward phrasing but the best segment involved her stellar play every time one of her friends visits for the week. Hee Young joked that she needs to hire all of them to be there, but that means she needs to make lots of money. Evian is too expensive so she expects the next visit she can afford might be Titleholders

* Abbott pointed out something today that I've wondered about. What is the Golf Channel obsession with Karine Icher? Granted, she had a nice result this week. But on an event to event basis, the camera finds her when nothing is going on. She'll be 10 shots behind on the weekend yet they find reasons to show many shots. Icher responds with the familiar little scowl. Michelle Wie has the reputation of overly televised based on performance but lately Icher dominates that category.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373868249' post='7455896']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373866673' post='7455848']
[size=4]I've bet both of them countless times in matchups over the years because of that height. Often they've been matched against each other, although that hasn't been the case recently. Angela is generally one tier above Hee Young.[/size]

[/quote]

I was kidding about the database.....but IF in the future I want to start betting....I'll PM you for the list...lol.
It really is scary how so many pros around 5'6"........win.
Only Tutta @ 5'7" & JJ 5'8" have won this year.

Hmmmmm.....Gerina is 5'7"....I've been right beside Gerina....she might be 5'6"....she does have a full head off hair.....lol.
You should send Meg an email. [/quote]

I never know how accurate the heights are. Early in a player's career I try to compare when possible. I'm still not confident of Lydia Ko's height. Ariya is another one. Generally she's listed at 5-4. Sometimes it changes when a player is officially on tour.

On my picks here I've been trying to buck the 5-6 trend too often, with no success.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373867114' post='7455860']
I noticed that Golf Channel is giving Symetra updates once per week and lately they always include Mallory Blackwelder's finish. Not a coincidence. They know Mallory is returning for the reunion series this fall. We're not supposed to know.

On the LPGA, I still don't understand why Big Breakers Kim Welch and Nicole Smith didn't play this week and aren't in the field next week.
[/quote]

Ok....last Fri I met a young pro who is friends with quite a few past BB gals.....we chatted for some time.
So I started to talk about the next BB based on your & Staff's detective work....all she said.....it is a reunion show.
I had a brain fart and could only name Megan as a potential contestant...she said nothing.

She may audition for the following BB....all gals version.
Very attractive and D1 grad...but there are likely 100+ gals auditioning too.

Yes....where are those two?.....Manulife & Marathon were many top pros are sitting out and they aren't playing....huh.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373867746' post='7455878']
[size=4]I'm convinced there's a global brainwashing in favor of In N Out. Otherwise I have no explanation toward the popularity of that place. Other than chirpy help and a nice basic menu there's nothing to recommend. But don't say that in front of a worshipper.[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]LOL[/size]

[size=4]I mentioned In N Out just to bait you and you fell for it ......hook, line and sinker....too funny.[/size]
[size=4]I remember your post in the Overrated Food post.[/size]

[size=4]I was in Vegas in 2010 and only recently heard about In N Out and had to find out what the rage was about[/size]
[size=4]I ordered the single, fries and pop combo....it was busy and took quite some time....I think the location was the one across the highway by Caesar's.[/size]

[size=4]My wife & I rated it pretty good.....but not great.[/size]
[size=4]I think they are busy cause I thought their combo was about 15 cents cheaper than the competition.[/size]

I never know how accurate the heights are. Early in a player's career I try to compare when possible. I'm still not confident of Lydia Ko's height. Ariya is another one. Generally she's listed at 5-4. Sometimes it changes when a player is officially on tour.

On my picks here I've been trying to buck the 5-6 trend too often, with no success.

I've met both Lydia & Ariya @ the CN CWO.....early in the week I'd say hi and they were both very polite and shocked anyone knew who they were......how quickly times have changed.

Lydia looked 5'6" last year....but Rankin said she's grown to 5'8" this year...who knows.

No way Ariya is 5'4"....much taller.....she's built like a linebacker....square shoulders.....you can see she is much taller than Moriya, who is listed at 5'2"

Moriya+Jutanugarn+Ariya+Jutanugarn+HSBC+Women+DYNE6BHNOBox.jpg

[b]Judy Rankin ate her words yesterday when she announced that Hee Young Park will not win at the start of the final round. [u]She flat out stated[/u] it will be Angela Stanford or Catriona Matthews. [/b]

[b][b]I knew she felt stupid with all the comments she made later in the match. LOL[/b][/b]

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1373884732' post='7456194']
[b]Judy Rankin ate her words yesterday when she announced that Hee Young Park will not win at the start of the final round. [u]She flat out stated[/u] it will be Angela Stanford or Catriona Matthews. [/b]

[b][b]I knew she felt stupid with all the comments she made later in the match. LOL[/b][/b]
[/quote]

When did Judy make these statements? Don't believe she was in Canada covering the tournament. Could be wrong but I was there and never saw her

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1373886695' post='7456258']

[/quote]

When did Judy make these statements? Don't believe she was in Canada covering the tournament. Could be wrong but I was there and never saw her
[/quote]

Hmmm, who was the lady commentator than? Jane Crafter?

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1373888456' post='7456358']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm, who was the lady commentator than? [color=#0000ff]Jane Crafter[/color]?
[/quote]

I did not hear the comment but Jane Crafter was doing the commentating this weekend, Judy was not there.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

[quote name='Golfwolf' timestamp='1373889200' post='7456396']
[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1373888456' post='7456358']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm, who was the lady commentator than? [color=#0000FF]Jane Crafter[/color]?
[/quote]

I did not hear the comment but Jane Crafter was doing the commentating this weekend, Judy was not there.
[/quote]

I really didn’t think much of it at when I first heard it. However, statement was bold and clear. I thought it might be Matthews as well. Later in the round, when H.Y. Park made all those birdies, Jane was back tracking and I was cracking up.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373761629' post='7449344']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373758686' post='7449122']
I walked 18 holes with Ryann during her US Open qualifier. I was the only "gallery" (I was watching a friend and Ryann happened to be paired with her). I spoke to her quite a lot, she talked about her clubs, etc. Very nice lady.
[/quote]

I'm sure Ryann felt more comfortable talking with an old fart like you....don't know if Ryann would really want to talk boy band stuff with Megan....lol.

Get Ryann with her gal pals and there's a good deal of smack talk....Ryann's got that good 'jock' attitude for Solheim.
Seems like Ryann became closer with some Euro gals after the event vs. her own team mates.
I'm sure she wanted to be in the Euro's war room....drinking beer & whisky and playing ping pong & pool vs. helping Rosie make more ribbons and posters for the US war room.

Dottie is the one & only captain for the US...I even think the guys would be scared of Dottie if she was the Ryder Cup captain.
[/quote]

Hey Putt...if you're talking vice captains, Laura Diaz was also named as a vice captain.