2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

LIVE CHAT / GIVEAWAY: True Temper on DG Pro, Thursday, July 18 at NOON ET

HipCheck

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='robbie91' timestamp='1373937232' post='7461518']
Is the DG Pro True Temper's response to the KBS Tour shafts? If so, what similarities and differences should we look for in this new shaft? If not, does True Temper intend on launching a new line that will compete with KBS Tour (mid-launch/low-mid spin with a softer feel)? Thanks!!
[/quote]

[i]We already have a shaft that is called Dynalite XP, which not only wins out in the majority of fitting sessions in OEM fitting carts, but also out performs in terms of weight. When looking for a softer tip with great feel I would highly recommend the Dynalite XP. All the best.[/i]

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374162893' post='7482600']
[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1373928351' post='7460690']
Greg,

When will the Mizuno Optimizer begin spitting out these as a recommendation/option?
[/quote]

[i]We will have widespread adoption in OEM custom fitting selections. As to DG Pro's incorporation into any specific OEM fitting carts/shaft fitting tools that decision lies solely with them. However, DG Pro will be a stock offering in a major OEM and we hope to see it in most OEM fitting carts. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks Greg. Which OEM will have the stock offering? Fingers crossed for --------.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374161986' post='7482404']
[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1373923727' post='7460242']
Will the DG Pro come with Sensicore? Also I still play the True temper Black Gold shafts, how will these compare to those?
[/quote]

[i]At this time we have no plans to introduce Sensicore into the DG Pro line, feel enhancement was a major part of the initial brief and feedback to date has been very positive from tour players and our player test pool.[/i]

[i]Black Gold and DG Pro are very different. Black Gold is a descending weight product, where the DG Pro is semi-descending weight. The DG Pro also has a stiffer tip section along with the variable taper rates. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Greg, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer so many of these questions. After reading over the first page again, I'm looking forward to re-shafting my Cobra Mb's with the New DG Pro as I need to re-shaft the irons anyways since my 6 iron TTBG snapped at the hosel. No fault of the shaft I believe from my inspection, just looked like the shaft had some water or rust that developed down at the hosel and over 6 years of getting beat up playing in US Open rough at my home course caused the snap. The TTBG shafts served me well for many seasons and I hope the DG pro's will do the same for years to come. I'm going to give the R300's a try as I feel these will be a good match for my swing! Thanks again Greg!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1373937436' post='7461560']
I have 3 questions actually.

I did not see a listing for weight. Can you tell the weights of the different flexes?
I currently play Project X Flighted shafts but my favorite shafts were the DG Black Gold. How do these shafts compare and are these shafts going to be frequency matched?
Will these shafts be offered with the Ryder Cup shaft bands in the future?

Thank you for the discussion and sneak peak at your new product!
[/quote]

[i]Raw weights as follows: X100 - 129.5-125; S300 – 122.5 – 118; R300 – 133.5 - 109[/i]

[i]DG Pro is held to our "gold" tolerances which are among the tightest in the industry. This ensures consistent flex and feel from shaft to shaft and set to set. [/i]

[i]The USA logo Dynamic Gold Tour Issue was a one time event to honor the Ryder Cup teams (Europe too!). There are no plans to create a "special" version of DG Pro. All the best. [/i]

WITB

[quote name='uvaskeme' timestamp='1373937528' post='7461576']
Based on the description, the "Pro" in the name stands for "progressive", but as a golf consumer, I associate the word "Pro" with golf equipment more suitable for better players (i.e. Callaway X Hot Pros, Mizuno JPX Pros, etc). One of the things I admire about the original DGs are their universal appeal and performance for different swing types and abilities. Will the DG Pros be a legitimate option for all skill levels, and what benefits would a golfer with a slow, smooth tempo gain as opposed to a golfer with a fast, aggressive swing? Thanks!
[/quote]

[i]That’s a really great question. The “Pro” branding serves a dual purpose. It was meant to draw the connection to “professional”, but stands for “progressive”. The way the shaft has been designed specifically targeting different weight ranges by flex (X100, S300, R300) the shaft covers a wide range of player profiles from strong tour caliber swingers to slower more smooth tempos. All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='Johnny T' timestamp='1373938170' post='7461684']
Given that some of the things learned from the Monaco were incorporated into the DG Pro, would you say the DG Pro is a good alternative for those of us that like the Monaco put don't like the premium price?
[/quote]

[i]Absolutely! The next generation of performance. We’re always trying to build on some of our best designs and make them better.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='Coy M' timestamp='1373938329' post='7461694']
Are many touring pros switching their current shafts for these and why?

Thanks WRX
[/quote]

[i]We’ve just started promoting on the global tours. We recently switched a long time competitive shaft user at the FedEx St Jude and had another player put them into play at the Greenbrier Classic. In both cases they loved the higher peak trajectory found in the long irons and the overall feel/control through the mids/shorts. We’re off and running! All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374160186' post='7482018']
[quote name='rlbennet28' timestamp='1373913918' post='7459096']
Are these shafts similar to the Monaco shafts and Tour Concept shafts or something totally different in terms of kick points and intended flight/target player profile?
[/quote]

[i]Just takes those two designs to the next level of performance and creates a wider trajectory gap between the long irons and short irons. For a detailed description of DG Pro, please see the detailed overview at the top of the chat. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks for the response on this! I am definitely going to consider this as a choice in my next set of irons as i like the smooth feel of the Monaco.

PING G30 9* w/Tour 65x
TM RBZ Tour 3 12* w/ Fubuki K 80x
Adams Super 9031 19* w/ White Tie 8x
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW w/ C-Taper S
Scratch 1018 51* -Vokey TVD 55*/60*
Bettinardi BB-27 35"

Don't really have a question, just want to jump in and say thanks to all the guys at True Temper for the opportunity to test the shafts through the WRX Test Group. For those that haven't gotten a chance to try the DG Pro yet, when they come to your area, if you're a DG person or if you like the feel of the KBS lines, you're gonna want to try these. They're incredible shafts.

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1374163676' post='7482808']
[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374162893' post='7482600']
[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1373928351' post='7460690']
Greg,

When will the Mizuno Optimizer begin spitting out these as a recommendation/option?
[/quote]

[i]We will have widespread adoption in OEM custom fitting selections. As to DG Pro's incorporation into any specific OEM fitting carts/shaft fitting tools that decision lies solely with them. However, DG Pro will be a stock offering in a major OEM and we hope to see it in most OEM fitting carts. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks Greg. Which OEM will have the stock offering? Fingers crossed for --------.
[/quote]

Stay tuned. The OEM clubs haven't been unveiled yet so we are keeping that info under wraps for now.

WITB

Ive played the X100 for awhile but recently switched over to the Nippon SPB, (no offense, just a better fit for me). I like the launch, weight and playablity characteristics of the Nippon SPB X, how would you compare this shaft with the SP Blue? I prefer the lower launch, Is this shaft for me? Im definetly gonna try it, wont turn down the opportunity to test something from TT but I would just like to hear your opinions on how they compare.

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1374164254' post='7482924']
Don't really have a question, just want to jump in and say thanks to all the guys at True Temper for the opportunity to test the shafts through the WRX Test Group. For those that haven't gotten a chance to try the DG Pro yet, when they come to your area, if you're a DG person or if you like the feel of the KBS lines, you're gonna want to try these. They're incredible shafts.
[/quote]

Thanks for your feedback. Our Golfwrx Test group is really important to us and we value your feedback. We have a lot of really exciting products coming down the pipeling that we can't wait to share with our Test Group!

WITB

[quote name='Directvtechguy' timestamp='1373938494' post='7461712']
Can you tell us what impact on performance hard stepping or soft stepping will have with these shafts as the literature I read said they are weight variable based on which shaft you are weighing... IE: 4 iron shafts weighs such and such... 8 iron weighs such and such...
[/quote]

[i]No issues at all hard or soft stepping. In fact, we have 41” – 36.5” raw lengths to maximize the opportunity step. If you're concerned about swingweight don't be...everthing will be fine. All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='IU06' timestamp='1373939005' post='7461768']
What has the overall response been from touring professionals about these shafts?
[/quote]

[i]We’ve just started promoting on the global tours. We recently switched a long time competitive shaft user at the FedEx St Jude and had another player put them into play at the Greenbrier Classic. They're loving the high peak trajectory in the long irons and the fell/control through the mids/shorts. We’re off and running! All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='nb1062' timestamp='1374164438' post='7482950']
I have played DG300S shafts for most of my golfing life and recently bought Ping i20s with their CFS shaft. I wanted something a little lighter now that I'm getting a little older, these may have been too light. Do these come in a .355 taper? If these are lighter than the DG300S they may be a great fit.
[/quote]

Definitely give DG Pro a try. They do come in a .355 taper tip and are slightly ligher than standard Dyanic Gold.

WITB

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374161039' post='7482156']
[quote name='bayoubogeyguy' timestamp='1373919915' post='7459782']
Dear Mr Cavill,

I've played the TT XP S300 in my Mizuno Irons and have loved them for the consistent flight and distance. THe DG Pro sounds like an amazing product to address my shaft needs. When making the switch should I utilize the same stiffness as in my current set of iron shafts. Nothing beats True Temper!
[/quote]

[i]Thanks so much! First off, the Dynalite Gold XP has been a tremendous success with Mizuno and our other OEM partners. That said, when making the switch to DG Pro you should definitely stay with S300 flex. While just a few grams heavier you’ll be right were you need to be from a flex/feel perspective. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]
Thanks for the answer! Now fingers crossed or a call in to Lois for an order for my irons and wedges!!

[quote name='newjedi' timestamp='1373939364' post='7461808']
How do these shafts compare to the Black Gold shafts?
[/quote]

[i]Really tough to draw the comparison in that Black Gold was a mid flight, descending weight shaft. DG Pro is literally the first of its kind to offer progressive diameter change and weight throughout the set. If you liked Black Gold I am certain you will like the feel and performance of DG Pro. All the best. [/i]

WITB

[quote name='rlbennet28' timestamp='1374164221' post='7482918']
[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374160186' post='7482018']
[quote name='rlbennet28' timestamp='1373913918' post='7459096']
Are these shafts similar to the Monaco shafts and Tour Concept shafts or something totally different in terms of kick points and intended flight/target player profile?
[/quote]

[i]Just takes those two designs to the next level of performance and creates a wider trajectory gap between the long irons and short irons. For a detailed description of DG Pro, please see the detailed overview at the top of the chat. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks for the response on this! I am definitely going to consider this as a choice in my next set of irons as i like the smooth feel of the Monaco.
[/quote]

Great question. i cant wait to try out these new shafts.

[quote name='DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan' timestamp='1374164975' post='7483040']
Are these shafts available left handed??????
[/quote]

Not yet. LH version still in the works.

WITB

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374164749' post='7483006']
[quote name='nb1062' timestamp='1374164438' post='7482950']
I have played DG300S shafts for most of my golfing life and recently bought Ping i20s with their CFS shaft. I wanted something a little lighter now that I'm getting a little older, these may have been too light. Do these come in a .355 taper? If these are lighter than the DG300S they may be a great fit.
[/quote]

Definitely give DG Pro a try. They do come in a .355 taper tip and are slightly ligher than standard Dyanic Gold.
[/quote]
Sounds like a perfect fit. Thanks.

[quote name='Go_Time' timestamp='1373939827' post='7461882']
What will these shafts offer a high ball hitter who plays traditional PX 6.0?
[/quote]

[i]Yes. Noticeably higher in the long irons and similar if not lower in the short irons. S300 flex would be recommended for you. All the best. All the best.[/i]

WITB

My apologies for a double question, but is this an improved version of the unifliex/memphis 10 (which I love) and are they going to be available in fairway (specifically for use in my driver)

thanks

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374165111' post='7483058']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Darn, darn, darn us lefties always have to wait for the next greatest thing. Haha.
in all honesty these responses are very helpful

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink) Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x) 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex) 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour) 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper) PING Redwood black satin D66

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummmmm, huh?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[/quote]

[/quote]

:). I see what you did there....

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

I'm on the fence here..... I've played nothing but DG s300s forever but have been thinking lately about dynalite xp s300s in the 4-6 irons. What should drive me to look at the DG pros over just doing that combo?

I was literally about to buy the XPs a few weeks ago but then I saw the teaser for the new pros and had to wait to see what they would offer.