Rounds with a Vintage Bag

Man o man that LRA Mac wedge fellow WRXer Djaid sent me is something else. One versatile wedge. Has 2 sandies yesterday and one hole out with it from the sand.

That’s awesome Stu! I knew that wedge would be in good hands!

The Bag...

Stan Thompson Reactionizer Persimmon woods 1-4
Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bay Hill tribute yesterday Palmer Deacon 1-pw  Axion persimmons, Staff Dual wedge and Designed by in Palmer bag

Well, the weather was good, and I was invited to a course near me that only measures about 6000 yards, so I thought it would be perfect for persimmon and blades.   Even by Japanese standards

I can second this emotion. I don't even want to admit how long I'll sometimes stand in front of my persimmon collection trying to figure out which clubs to take for the round. I have to start making d

Posted Images

First outing tomorrow with the percy and blades,

Peter Broadbent driver

Wilson graphite headed and shafted 5 wood

Wilson 2 and 4-pw bulletbacks 1972

Sandy andy

Ram 64 degree wedge to trim my eyebrows with

Ping scottsdale IVA putter

Jones bag to lug them round in. Cant wait!

First outing tomorrow with the percy and blades,

Peter Broadbent driver

Wilson graphite headed and shafted 5 wood

Wilson 2 and 4-pw bulletbacks 1972

Sandy andy

Ram 64 degree wedge to trim my eyebrows with

Ping scottsdale IVA putter

Jones bag to lug them round in. Cant wait!

Got to say It was entertaining as ever, certainly doesnt make the game any easier, but I did ok, the putter was the one club i was possibly most concerned with, its 35” in length and mine normally 33” and after a 3 putt on the third after it going off like a gun I was a little bit concerned, but I holed a nice 15 footer on the 5th and found a bit of confidence, and actually putted pretty well.

I dont know what it is but with persimmon drivers for some reason i can turn the ball both ways. With my tmade m2 i can not hit a draw for love nor money, my playing partners who only ever see me hitting a fade were looking at me as if i had 2 heads. I hit draws all day and was strange it was the hook left that I felt i was defending against, but gladly it never reered its head.

The buttonback irons, are still a great old iron, lofts are miles out with comparision to todays, and i was guaging on a club and a half difference. Biggest issue i found was that they were regular shafted irons and found i hit almost all my irons 5-10 yards left of target, and didnt seem to be able to adjust all day, but struck them very well all day.

The one club i struggled with was the hogan sand wedge, seemed to stick it into the ground all day, the ground at the moment after a hard summer is wet with a lot of bare patches and the ground gives way, so striking has to be precise and the sand wedge had vertually no bounce so chunked one or two wedges.

All in all though i played pretty decent I was 2 over on the 18th tee and hit a shocker of a tee shot which went all of 180 yards and into the deep rubbish hacked out then hit 4 iron onto the green and 3 putted for a 6. Doh!

Its certainly got the p&b bug back and ill be trying out a different set in a couple of weeks again. Got my eye on my Seve Blades, and after the ryder cup i cant wait.

Yesterday was fun fun fun!! Bear and myself played vintage golf. I had mostly what I have listed in the vintage list. I did make a few changes. I had a couple of Izetts I had not hit which was a 4 and 5 wood. The putter I used was a ratty Anser i found in the building Lord only knows when and where i got it. The course was wet and it was raining on and off with wind because we have a cold front coming in. Bear was playing a set of Izett woods I gave him a couple of years back and he hits them well. I gave him the 925 Armours and he fell in love with them. I did get myself into a couple of jams trying to stretch the driver out some and had to get used to putting with a Anser again but it went pretty well. I do not hit the Izetts as good as I do some of my Mac FWs. Man o man that LRA Mac wedge fellow WRXer Djaid sent me is something else. One versatile wedge. Has 2 sandies yesterday and one hole out with it from the sand. I was a little rusty from not playing in some 3 weeks but managed to salvage an 81 Bear had played 2 times this week and shot 79. We got paired up with a couple of tourist golfers on the back side that were amazed that we were even attempting to play with 60 year old irons and persimmon woods. Bear has found out strictly vintage golf is a kick and is about ready to convert full time to it. Bear did give me a ration of crap (in good nature) over the LRA wedge since it is sorta new said I was cheating with that new of a club in the bag. funny thing was we lapped those two tourist golfers with the latest and greatest playing our rusty antiques

BTW --We had what my wife termed "The Battle of the Beer Bags" Bear had a modern style Yeungling stand bag he won some time back. In honor of that I went across the road and found a old Michelob Burton carry bag I won way back when and used it yesterday. That bag is where I found the ratty Anser. I figured it was sorta a omen. I had a little trouble with the Anser at first mainly because I have not putted with one in nearly 20 years and it is a little light and I had not brought any lead tape with me. I mainly putt with my Scotty Santa Fe (minimum offset) or one of my many 8802 style putters so I had to get used to the offset of the Anser

It sounds like you had a fun time Stu, although I'm a little puzzled that you didn't have any lead tape along with you... lol!

LOL what was really strange Bear did not have any either and neither one of us had any Ibuprofen either. Those two things are standard equipment for us. Trust me that got rectified last night

If you don't have any ibuprofen OR lead tape...(at least in my case).....you better have something alkyholic!

Once I get past helping people cleaning up after this storm, I'll give you a shout, and get together. Spent the last Saturday taking down a 60' pine that only came halfway down, into a Magnolia.

Yes - I hit the ibuprofen (and acetominophen) pretty hard after that trial.

The good thing is that I still have all my fingers after using chain saws all day long.

Augie glad to know you still have your digits as we used to call them---- Yeah come on down maybe Randy can come up. With Bear that will be a fun time for sure.

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock Regular shaft

3W Callaway Steel Head UST 65 Pro Force Gold Stiff

2I-- 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R steel shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Mac Vip Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW Cleveland 588 56* S- 400 Sensicore

Putter Old Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft

Bag Old Ping Hoofer I had in my stash

Just had a great couple of days playing two heathland courses at a golf forum meet.

Yesterday was at West Hill Golf Club where I played John Letters Master Model 2 and 4 woods, John Letters “Fred Daly” 2 to 9 irons plus sand iron and a Greenway putter.

Scored an acceptable 16 points on the front nine but a miserable 12 on the back for 28 total. The course was in good condition and a real treat on the eye.

https://www.westhillgc.co.uk/course_overview

Today we were at Liphook Golf Club where I played Titleist persimmon Driver, Uniroyal 3 and 4 woods, Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades 3 to PW, Craigton sand iron and Spalding Gold Medal putter.

The front nine let me down this time with 12 points out and 17 back for 29 total. The course was in superb condition considering the hot dry summer we’ve had and once again some great views. The greens certainly lived up to their reputation as some of the best in the country.

Today was in aid of the H4H charity and we raised just over £14,000 including auctions.

https://www.liphookgolfclub.com/our_course

It's not all about the score.

I played yesterday on a perfect autumn morning. I decided to do a hybrid bag so I swapped my 6-PW Callaway XR Pro irons to 5-9 Hogan Redlines. Rest of the bag is 50, 56, 60 Vokey wedges, 5 iron XR pro, 4 hybrid, 5w, 3w, driver.

What differences did this do to my game? I really like how I need to properly swing the Redlines, they really encourage a positive strike, where as with my regular irons I can get away with lazier swings, which can sometimes be detrimental where I don't feel comfortable at all with a wedge or 9iron shot into a green with trouble on the left. Vice-versa, with 5 iron Redline vs 6 iron Callaway, I like that I get good flight with a calm strike with the modern, but the smaller blade almost feels as if there is not enough weight behind the ball to get it as far as it needs to go.

So, I hit 11 greens and shot a 79, bang on my handicap. I had some wonderful 6-9 iron shots into greens, but only managed to convert into one birdie. 3 balls in the water somewhat spoiled what could have been a great round, but still I'm very satisfied.

Looking back over the last three summers, since I started seriously playing with woods and older blades I've dropped a stroke and a half off my handicap. Cause and effect? Maybe, I'd like to think so, I've not trained any more (ready, almost nothing), and I don't play more often. I used to have one or two really fat shots a round, but they're now gone, strike is certainly better.

My handicap chart from 2016 to now below. As you can see, not many rounds registered 2016-2017, the reason for this is that the norm used to be that only your competition scores and rounds where you lower you hcp are registered, but now as we're moving to the new handicap system the Swedish Golf Federation is encouraging all rounds to be registered (I've not registered full classic equipment rounds). Only two rounds this year where I lowered my handicap, but 11 rounds where I played to my handicap. Keeping my handicap level this year probably means I'm a bit better golfer 2018 compared to 2017.

wA4WWtc.png

Thought you guys might like this. MacGregor TA 693 2 wood and Maxfli HT-90 balata. Still trying to figure out how to hit a persimmon 2 wood (ball position, swing thoughts etc) but that ball sure feels sweet.

Rest of bag was Titleist 975D with BeCu Eye2s and MP-33 5i and Dunlop Maxfli DP-30 Pro Model 7i (not pictured) along for the ride :-)

Thought you guys might like this. MacGregor TA 693 2 wood and Maxfli HT-90 balata. Still trying to figure out how to hit a persimmon 2 wood (ball position, swing thoughts etc) but that ball sure feels sweet.

Rest of bag was Titleist 975D with BeCu Eye2s and MP-33 5i and Dunlop Maxfli DP-30 Pro Model 7i (not pictured) along for the ride :-)

I have a BeCu 5i on eBay right now

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323486420205

Not quite the HT.... I managed to find a dozen Elite 90s on the fleabay over the summer. Haven't hit them yet, not sure if I'll get the chance before end of season; weather has turned to junk since the equinox.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- TM R11s 9*, ProtoPype 80 X, 43.25"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedge grab bag:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

NZ-

The original color on your MacGregor TA 693 was most likely coal black.

Nice refinish job!

Also have a sleeve of those Maxfli HT-90s.... somewhere...

Thanks rex. Can't claim any credit for the re-finish, that's how it came to me. Though I fear whoever did it was a little heavy on the sanding of the soleplate and may have got a small speck of stripper on the insert. That said, a 693 is a 693 and beggars cannot be choosers in these parts. I do like the black finish on woods though. Interesting grain on this one too - I wonder if in a premium club like the 693 (if not finished in black) the classic "horseshoe out of the toe" block was saved for the driver? Hopefully Charley might see this and advise.

Ok we are playing strictly vintage again today. Bear has fallen in love with it. I really love it because for me it can be a new adventure in itself every week with all the stuff I have. I do know one thing for sure I am absolutely not going to play stiff shafts anymore in irons. Bear gave me a set of Muirfields sorta like the ones I already have. Of course I played them some. That was one screwed up set of clubs lofts and lies were everywhere. And S-300 shafts too. My back hurt like crap Sunday. I did some Ibuprofen and stretched. I got through sitting through Church without stiffening up so I was ok. Adjusted them to proper specs (man the pw was at 45* instead of the spec of 50) and hit them Sunday afternoon. About 5:00 I got stiff again at home working in the shop.That is it no more stiff shafts per say for me in irons. I did find a set of TT lite shafts in a set of clone irons across the street in the other building if I do not find a set of Hogan Apex #2 shafts like I have in the VIPs. Anyhow todays line up with a few changes

Driver : It is a hoss--- Cleveland Classic RC-85 Oil Hardened. I just happened to find this driver in the building across the road. honestly do not know where it came from but judging on where I found it at it may have been from some of the old golf shop stock. It looks a lot like the old LFF Mac drivers like some of you guys posted but with a Mac type butterfly sole plate. The head is a lot larger than any Mac ,Penna or Power Bilt driver I own and deep faced too. Has what is according to the shaft band is a DG Cleveland Classic S-400 but on my friend's CPM machine it checks out at around a R-300. It is 44.5 inches too. Has the original in good shape too A GP reverse wrap Tour Wrap on it. Got off early and hit it on the range and it is a rocket. Darn near as long as my Homna toaster on a stick metal driver. After loosing up with some old hickory irons I have laying around I hit about 30 balls with it. No way it is as stiff as the band indicates because I did not hurt or get stiff last night. So it is in the bag for today.

Next change is a Hogan P-8-3 8802 style putter which I have had for a while but never tried. I did weight it up some for me and change the rotted ratty Hogan grip on it. I will more than likely drag my black 35 R Bullseye with me too if the bent greens we are playing on are really fast.

Of course I have my dependable Tourney Custom 4 wood with aluminum insert in it

Same old dependable 54 Hogan Precision Irons because I hit those as well as I do my front line VIPs and they do not hurt my back

Same old Hogan 50* cameo PW

Same Mac LRA 56* SW as in DJ special

Of course as to the way I roll Orange Power Bilt mini staff bag and not one Power Bilt club in it (yet)

Of course as to the way I roll Orange Power Bilt mini staff bag and not one Power Bilt club in it (yet)

I have a beautiful ProSonic PB persimmon driver with aluminum shaft for ya if you need one. Brass firing pin.

Thanks for the offer but I have 3 Power Bilt persimmons did have 4 but gave Bear one

Glad to see that SW has become your front liner. It’s a beautiful wedge. I knew it couldnt unseat my Hogan TK15 55* but only because I love the way the TK wedges blend with the Ft. Worth irons.

The Bag...

Stan Thompson Reactionizer Persimmon woods 1-4
Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 

Glad to see that SW has become your front liner. It’s a beautiful wedge. I knew it couldnt unseat my Hogan TK15 55* but only because I love the way the TK wedges blend with the Ft. Worth irons.

Actually next week the front line bag will be in action and the LRA 56* will be in it replacing both the 588 65* and 60*. Bounce works well out of any trap lie in fact any lie once I got the weight set in it for me. May pull the VIP wedge out and put that 50* Cameo Equalizer in too but that may be a hard decision on that one. Played so so with the all vintage stuff today shot 41/39 on a wet windy course. Hit that Cleveland driver pretty well too. Ended up putting with the Bullseye because those bent greens were fast and slick. The traps at that course are inconsistent and we have been playing that course the last 2 weeks straight. One of the reasons I have found out I can hit that LRA out of any kind of bunker lie.

I'm taking the Eye 2 irons out tomorrow. I might even bag the Tony Pena driver Wilson Sam Snead 4w for giggles. Stand by for pics and results.20181017_124336.jpg20181015_082022.jpg

Well, the woods performed admirably for my expectations anyway. The Eye 2 irons were and always will be easy to hit, however I am noticing I have more difficulty now switching between steel and graphite irons shafts day to day. I hit the short Eye 2 short irons well today but not so well 6i and higher. The difference in heft seems more noticeable now in my geezerism.

• PING G400SFT 12*
  • PING G400 4h, 5h
  • Callaway XROS 7h
  • PING G400 8,9,W,UW
  • Callaway SureOut 56* SW
  • Odyssey VLine

Well, the woods performed admirably for my expectations anyway. The Eye 2 irons were and always will be easy to hit, however I am noticing I have more difficulty now switching between steel and graphite irons shafts day to day. I hit the Eye 2 short irons well today but not so well 6i and higher. The difference in heft seems more noticeable now in my geezerism.

I know exactly what you mean. There's a heck of a difference between swinging an 85 gm shaft in the shovels and 130 gm shaft in a vintage set even if they swing weight fairly similar. The difference is even more pronounced in the woods!

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°

Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

Never Compromise NCX RAY tau

NZ-

The original color on your MacGregor TA 693 was most likely coal black.

Nice refinish job!

Also have a sleeve of those Maxfli HT-90s.... somewhere...

Thanks rex. Can't claim any credit for the re-finish, that's how it came to me. Though I fear whoever did it was a little heavy on the sanding of the soleplate and may have got a small speck of stripper on the insert. That said, a 693 is a 693 and beggars cannot be choosers in these parts. I do like the black finish on woods though. Interesting grain on this one too - I wonder if in a premium club like the 693 (if not finished in black) the classic "horseshoe out of the toe" block was saved for the driver? Hopefully Charley might see this and advise.

there were different models however , grain never appears in the spec book

CHARLEY PENNA

Just got back from what may be the final round of the year. Left work early for an "appointment" and played a pure vintage 18. The first nine with 3 woods and 5 irons, the second nine just with the 5 irons.

Played a Wilson 7, a Louisville Grand Slam 9 & putter, the Thunderbird PW, and a hickory Mashie. Used Wilson soft and Callaway soft golf balls.

Temp was advertised as 57, but with the wind felt like 45. At least it was sunny.

Did not keep score. Lost 7 balls that plugged in the fairway and were covered by leaves. Found 3 others and played those.

The second nine was basically played with three clubs; mashie, 7i, and putter. Funny thing is that it wasn't that far off from my normal round on that course. Dont know what happened but I hit no shots off line.

Fun round. Beautiful blue sky and sunny, quick pace. Played 18 in 2.5 hours. Nice.

• 1 month later...

Well, it has been a while since I played vintage. I have been through my whole modern bag over the past 18 months and replaced everything. I have been enjoying the new sticks.

I have been watching several of those older Masters broadcasts released last year on Youtube, and it is giving me the "itch". I have had a few of my classics out looking at them lately, and hit a couple of yard balls with my Toney Penna driver. I think the next nice day I have available will find me taking a few of my old favorites out for a spin.

I wish everyone a blessed and happy Christmas season.

Drivers: Titleist 915D2 9.5* Aldila Rogue 60-3.8-S
Titleist TS2 Tensei AV55 S flex
Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15* Proj X Evenflow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21*
Irons: Titleist 718AP1 5-GW2
Wedges: Vokey SM6 , 56-10S, 60-08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 35"
Ball: Titleist AVX

Absolutely. Roll with the classic setup. Like your choice in lumber as well. PB Citation persimmons are excellent players. They've become my go to woods when I want to swat some real wood. Might be because they're shafted in R flex. Easy to find PB's, can be had for next to nothing with a bit of scrounging around. TA 845's are as classic as Eye 2's IMO. Solid setup all the way around.

Played a varying classic set often during the fall. During solo rounds, on a nearly empty course. Something about playing in the fall with classic clubs appeals to me. Look forward to it. Don't keep score, drop extra balls if need be to hit the correct shot, just having fun. Usually, playing is a solo endeavor. I admit to having "stage fright" when it comes to playing vintage. The inevitable clunker shot happens, and prefer not to be seen attempting to play clubs way beyond my skill set. But I did work up the courage to play a classic bag the last night of league this year. Fun night, just for S & G, we were moving up a tee and playing a 4 man scramble. So I decided to be different and break out the "old" implements. Sure did get some commentary. Like why. Hit some decent shots with them as well, under pressure to not appear the fool. The 5 wood is very easy to hit off the fairway and short rough. Responds quite similar to a hybrid I play in the modern kit. From 140 and in, the Apex II's work quite nicely. Typically, only carry a 6 iron and up. I know my limitations.

Here's a pic of the WITB that night. PB Citations (D, 3, 5). Hogan Apex II that have been reshafted with Precision Rifle 5.0. Hogan BeCu SI. Ping Anser 3 putter. All carried in classy, classic Hot-Z bag. Considering how I assembled this kit, don't think I have $100 into the entire assemblage. Like being a thrifty classic hacker.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Absolutely. Roll with the classic setup. Like your choice in lumber as well. PB Citation persimmons are excellent players. They've become my go to woods when I want to swat some real wood. Might be because they're shafted in R flex. Easy to find PB's, can be had for next to nothing with a bit of scrounging around. TA 845's are as classic as Eye 2's IMO. Solid setup all the way around.

Played a varying classic set often during the fall. During solo rounds, on a nearly empty course. Some about playing in the fall with classic clubs appeals to me. Look forward to it. Don't keep score, drop extra balls if need be to hit the correct shot, just having fun. Usually, playing is a solo endeavor. I admit to having "stage freight" when it comes to playing vintage. The inevitable clunker shot happens, and prefer not to be seen attempting to play clubs way beyond my skill set. But I did work up the courage to play a classic bag the last night of league this year. Fun night, just for S & G, we were moving up a tee and playing a 4 man scramble. So I decided to be different and break out the "old" implements. Sure did get some commentary. Like why. Hit some decent shots with them as well, under pressure to not appear the fool. The 5 wood is very easy to hit off the fairway and short rough. Responds quite similar to a hybrid I play in the modern kit. From 140 and in, the Apex II's work quite nicely. Typically, only carry a 6 iron and up. I know my limitations.

Here's a pic of the WITB that night. PB Citations (D, 3, 5). Hogan Apex II that have been reshafted with Precision Rifle 5.0. Hogan BeCu SI. Ping Anser 3 putter. All carried in classy, classic Hot-Z bag. Considering how I assembled this kit, don't think I have $100 into the entire assemblage. Like being a thrifty classic hacker.

Love it man!!! What a touch of class!!!! You also play vintage golf exactly like I do it as in not really keeping score and dropping extra balls etc.------ I played in a scramble one day with all vintage and heard through the grapevine that " I was not really trying because I had old antique junk out" In fact the guy that said it I confronted him and offered to play him heads up for $100--- He declined--- I further offered to let him pick the set makeup from my stash and give him the same game--- no comment---- He did counter with "he would never ask me to play on a scramble team with him again"---- I told him that was more than fine because I do not like scrambles anyhow and I was doing him a favor when he begged me to fill out a team" And I will add at the last minute. I was not planning on playing that day> I was at the range with Precisions and persimmons--- He literally asked me 15 minutes before their tee time. I told him I would play what I came with. Come to think of it we used a lot more of my shots that day than we did his. Bit screw it I play what I want to when I want to----- As far as being a "thrifty" vintage golfer that is right up my alley. Played a course here one day with the "all junkyard" set that I had less than $10 in bag and all shot 80 from the mid tees with a driver the shaft was too stiff for me had to resort to the 5 wood (V-Steel) and 2 iron (Hogan Precision) off the tee. And will add rust and all on the Precisions because I had found them just the day before

Ha. Ha. Ho. No. The "All Junkyard Bag", a singular WITB. That would make heads roll in other venues of WRX'ville.

Heck Fella I had heads rolling that day with the Touron crowd. When we were at the bag drop one of them had seen the bag and asked if I actually was going to attempt to play with those clubs on that course. Those Precisions were rusty rusty then. I think I had a Hogan Cameo Equalizer and a rusty as crap Oil Can Vokey. The bag was a non- descript carry stand bag with one of the legs broken off and partially duct taped. I think that day I had a beat up Bulls Eye in the bag as well. Those guys played behind us so they saw. I remarked later that I played with a set of clubs I had less money in than they did one sleeve of Pro Vs they were knocking in the woods etc. That course is what I consider my second "home" course. I heard one of they bag drop guys tell one of them " there is no telling what he shows up with next"

Ha. Ha. Ho. No. The "All Junkyard Bag", a singular WITB. That would make heads roll in other venues of WRX'ville.

Heck Fella I had heads rolling that day with the Touron crowd. When we were at the bag drop one of them had seen the bag and asked if I actually was going to attempt to play with those clubs on that course. Those Precisions were rusty rusty then. I think I had a Hogan Cameo Equalizer and a rusty as crap Oil Can Vokey. The bag was a non- descript carry stand bag with one of the legs broken off and partially duct taped. I think that day I had a beat up Bulls Eye in the bag as well. Those guys played behind us so they saw. I remarked later that I played with a set of clubs I had less money in than they did one sleeve of Pro Vs they were knocking in the woods etc. That course is what I consider my second "home" course. I heard one of they bag drop guys tell one of them " there is no telling what he shows up with next"

I heard one of they bag drop guys tell one of them " there is no telling what he shows up with next" This is AWESOME! lol.