NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1389219521' post='8424433']
Kind've of topic, but can anyone here suggest a good instructor in the Akron area? I am going to try taking a few swing lessons to enter this season, but don't want to go to someone who's going to try to completely change my swing. Things I was hoping to improve/ accomplish are: ball striking consistancy, driving consistancy, short game/ chipping/ greenside, course management, and better control over ball flight/ fade & draw.
[/quote]

John Moldovan works out of Prestwick CC and has an indoor teaching area for winter lessons. This is really the best time to "work" on the game.
Tell him your desires. He won't try and reinvent the wheel.
If interested Pm me and I'll send his phone number.

Or...
Have you found the Windmill Learning Center in Macedonia? Someday when you're out and about give the place a visit. East of town on 82. And to the best of my knowledge the place is associated with Windmill Lake golf course in Ravenna.

PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17° / 910h 24° & 27°
Titleist 913Hd 20°
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1389266996' post='8427011']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1389219521' post='8424433']
Kind've of topic, but can anyone here suggest a good instructor in the Akron area? I am going to try taking a few swing lessons to enter this season, but don't want to go to someone who's going to try to completely change my swing. Things I was hoping to improve/ accomplish are: ball striking consistancy, driving consistancy, short game/ chipping/ greenside, course management, and better control over ball flight/ fade & draw.
[/quote]

John Moldovan works out of Prestwick CC and has an indoor teaching area for winter lessons. This is really the best time to "work" on the game.
Tell him your desires. He won't try and reinvent the wheel.
If interested Pm me and I'll send his phone number.

Or...
Have you found the Windmill Learning Center in Macedonia? Someday when you're out and about give the place a visit. East of town on 82. And to the best of my knowledge the place is associated with Windmill Lake golf course in Ravenna.
[/quote]

Thanks, I have heard of Windmill and definitely considered it, I visited their website and was a little overwhelmed by the selection of instructors. I will pm you about the number of Mr. Moldovan from Prestwick, sound like a good place to start.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1389155090' post='8420167']
[quote name='erock9174' timestamp='1389135048' post='8418071']
Golrish - Thanks for pointing me to this thread. I never knew it existed. I would be down for meeting up with anyone on here to play.
I typically play most of my rounds on Friday afternoon's. I'm 37 and usually shoot around 85-92. So around a 14-15. Club-ho just like the rest of us.

Some of the courses I typically play:
Raintree - near Green, in-between Akron and North Canton
Chenoweth - Right off Arlington Rd exit in Akron
Tam O Shanter - Belden Village area in Canton behind the Mall
Brookledge - Cuyahoga Falls
GoodPark - Akron
Fairways of N Canton (formerly Arrowhead Country Club)

My favorite of those is probably Raintree. From the whites it still plays around 6100-6200 which is about perfect for me as I am not a long hitter. maybe 220-230 off the tee.

Goodpark is usually a last resort for me. Its close to my office but the length of the doglegs eats me up unless my driver is spot on. I cant make most of the legs with a fw.

Brookledge is always fun. I like playing there because I tend to score well there. My avg for 9 holes is 44 and I usually flirt with 40 there.

Tam O Shanter is nice. 36 holes. "Hills" and "Dales" Courses. The Hills I think hosted a US Open Regional I think back in the day.
I host an annual scramble outing with my buddies and we usually play Tammy or Chenoweth.

I probably play Chenoweth the most, mainly due to the online deals and its easy to get to off the highway there.
Downside is it gets alot of play during the week from the senior crowd. So you have to battle it sometimes. I am more of the play 18 by myself in 2 hrs kind of guy. lol
[/quote]

I'm surprised Seven Hills would not be a favorite. Seven miles east from Raintree. Nice course. Sable Creek is just down the road from Seven Hills.
And Mayfair is due north (a mile?) from Raintree.
Due west of Raintree is Turkeyfoot Lake.
The owners have put time, effort, and $$$ into Paradise Lake.
Same with Sunny Hill.
Heck The Kent State course for for the price is great. And they've put some money into it late in 2013.

If you're interested in club play Prestwick is very reasonable to join. They have a $20 "game" everyday that ends in "Y".

We're so lucky (not weather wise) in regards to the number of decent public play courses in the Akron area.
[/quote]

I havent played Seven Hills or Sable yet. I hear good things about both. I thought Seven Hills was in Alliance? Raintree is like 5 min from my house so I sort of play there the most. I havent played at Mayfair in 2 years. It was in decent shape and its nice with their breakfast/lunch buffet that comes with their greens fees.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I did not think the show was worth it, I have been the last 5 years. Its seems like more and more travel booths and less equipment. I still go, only because its a break in the winter and gets me thinking about spring.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='OHrider' timestamp='1389351899' post='8433923']
For those of you who attended the Cleveland Golf Show last year, was it worth checking out? I've never been to it and want to know if I should make the drive and pay the entry fee (plus parking) or just skip it.
[/quote]

I went a couple of years ago and I spent about 2 hours there and was done. It is not very big and I think you will see more new equipment by just going to Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith stores! About the only thing worth going was that you get to shop at Rock bottom golf and be able to look at what your buying. They have some decent deals but make sure you check their website price before you buy!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I've gotten some amazing deals on used gear at the Golf show. I went 3 years ago and got a 4-pw set of MP-60's for 129 and a set of 3-PW J33 combo's in really good shape for 80 bucks. Good place to buy shoes, apparel, gloves, tees and recycled balls in bulk. I found 4 dozen of my favorite old school ball, the Strata Tour Ace, in mint condition for 15 bucks.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1389384266' post='8436823']
I've gotten some amazing deals on used gear at the Golf show. I went 3 years ago and got a 4-pw set of MP-60's for 129 and a set of 3-PW J33 combo's in really good shape for 80 bucks. Good place to buy shoes, apparel, gloves, tees and recycled balls in bulk. I found 4 dozen of my favorite old school ball, the Strata Tour Ace, in mint condition for 15 bucks.
[/quote]

I agree the equipment deals used to be pretty good, the last couple of years it has really gone down hill. You can still get tees, gloves etc, but it seems like the only equipment booth is the rock bottom booth. A lot more travel/resort booths now.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1389396051' post='8438091']
I'd have to be bribed to go back.
[/quote]

LOL yeah it has been fairly weak if you're just walking around. I didn't go last year and am not sure if I will go this year. I usually go if i have my son that weekend and he wants to. Though his bag is pretty well set as of right now so I'm not sure he'll even want to go. I

I'm not 100% sure but I think the booth I bought the above mentioned iron sets from was set up by Chardon Lakes (another course to add to your should play list) And they were seriously there to just unload stuff for whatever they could get for it. The year when i went back I looked all over and i don't think they were even there.

I've said this every year when the topic of this show comes up. You NEVER know. Sometimes I've walked out feeling like I stole something and other times I've walked out feeling like I threw an afternoon away when i could have gone to the dome and hit balls.

Also, markheardjr. you just gave the first negative review of Windmill I've ever heard! lol I love that golf course!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1389403980' post='8438735']
Also, markheardjr. you just gave the first negative review of Windmill I've ever heard! lol I love that golf course!
[/quote]

Haven't been back in probably 15 years. I supposed I could give it another shot. It's a good 90+ minutes from my parents place though. They live on the lake shore in Conneaut.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

I went to the golf show the past two years. year 1 i was sort of impressed given i hadn't attended it before. I was trying to scour every vendor and had my buddy and brother with me and they were giving me the "hurry up" look. felt rushed and left before i wanted to. Some of the better vendors...RBG, Dallas Golf... many of the others I haven't heard of before. Some vendors just had old garbage and wanted top dollar. Not sure if these people are willing to wheel and deal or what. I do know if you are in the market for a brand new 2014 club. Rockbottom will likely have say some of the latest TM stuff. usually like $30-40 off MSRP. but once again, by the time you pay to enter, park and grab a beer and some food, there goes the $40 discount on the club.

So this past year I went back and the only thing I bought was a brand new r11s headcover that i needed. it was a decent deal. think I got it for like $7, but by the time i paid $10 or $12 to get in, $7 to park and $8 for a beer. that became one expensive headcover, lol

I told myself when i walked out that I should have just kept the $25 I just spent and went to Golfsmith over on Harvard or Golf Galaxy in Fairlawn and bought something off the used rack putting my $25 towards that.

Speaking of which, if you ever go into the Golfsmith there and are interested in a used club. Don't be afraid to ask the salesmen if they can do better.
depending on the club and I THINK how long it sits there (all their used prices have the date it was traded in) i have had them knock off anywhere from about 20 up to 40% off. Getting some great deals in the process.
Right now they are selling all their 2013 demo clubs. some decent prices there too.

oh and somebody asked about a good pro. I have taken 4 or 5 lessons off the Golf Galaxy Pro in Fairlawn. Mike Dessecker. He is top notch. Also, Golf Galaxy may still have their annual sale around this time of 3 lessons for $99. Normally its $50 per lesson or 3 for $129. So this is the cheapest route. Essentially you just prepay for a gift card and they take $33 off for each lesson. they told me i had to use them all up by Feb but this wasn't the case. i think i took one in Jan, one in Feb and another lesson in like June.
He uses video and was really helpful to me. prior to seeing him i was around a 20-21 cap and ended this season at a 14.5.
still got some work to do but i am getting there. The cool thing about Mike is if you visit the store and just want a quick tweak or have a question he will take a look at the swing and make sure you are still on the right track from the previous lesson.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

[quote name='erock9174' timestamp='1389674408' post='8456593']
I went to the golf show the past two years. year 1 i was sort of impressed given i hadn't attended it before. I was trying to scour every vendor and had my buddy and brother with me and they were giving me the "hurry up" look. felt rushed and left before i wanted to. Some of the better vendors...RBG, Dallas Golf... many of the others I haven't heard of before. Some vendors just had old garbage and wanted top dollar. Not sure if these people are willing to wheel and deal or what. I do know if you are in the market for a brand new 2014 club. Rockbottom will likely have say some of the latest TM stuff. usually like $30-40 off MSRP. but once again, by the time you pay to enter, park and grab a beer and some food, there goes the $40 discount on the club.

So this past year I went back and the only thing I bought was a brand new r11s headcover that i needed. it was a decent deal. think I got it for like $7, but by the time i paid $10 or $12 to get in, $7 to park and $8 for a beer. that became one expensive headcover, lol

I told myself when i walked out that I should have just kept the $25 I just spent and went to Golfsmith over on Harvard or Golf Galaxy in Fairlawn and bought something off the used rack putting my $25 towards that.

Speaking of which, if you ever go into the Golfsmith there and are interested in a used club. Don't be afraid to ask the salesmen if they can do better.
depending on the club and I THINK how long it sits there (all their used prices have the date it was traded in) i have had them knock off anywhere from about 20 up to 40% off. Getting some great deals in the process.
Right now they are selling all their 2013 demo clubs. some decent prices there too.

oh and somebody asked about a good pro. I have taken 4 or 5 lessons off the Golf Galaxy Pro in Fairlawn. Mike Dessecker. He is top notch. Also, Golf Galaxy may still have their annual sale around this time of 3 lessons for $99. Normally its $50 per lesson or 3 for $129. So this is the cheapest route. Essentially you just prepay for a gift card and they take $33 off for each lesson. they told me i had to use them all up by Feb but this wasn't the case. i think i took one in Jan, one in Feb and another lesson in like June.
He uses video and was really helpful to me. prior to seeing him i was around a 20-21 cap and ended this season at a 14.5.
still got some work to do but i am getting there. The cool thing about Mike is if you visit the store and just want a quick tweak or have a question he will take a look at the swing and make sure you are still on the right track from the previous lesson.
[/quote]

Thanks for the pro recommendation (it was I who asked). That may be a great route for me. Full disclosure, I work in the golf department of the Montrose Dick's, so I am not sure if I may be able to get a discount on the lessons. It is definitely worth checking into. I basically want to go into the season with a head start on the swing. I had my handicap down to as low as 7 last season, and then just blew up at the end of the year and was probably playing closer to a 10-12 handicap. I went from threatening to break 80 every time out and shooting 78-82, to struggling to break 85 towards the end of the season. Rather than get discouraged and continue the same habits that got me there, I want to go into the season fully aware of my bad habits and how to correct them. What were the lessons from him like? Did he identify flaws and suggest drills and corrections, or did he really get in and try making swing changes? I really don't want to start the season off with a swing overhaul, just a plan in place to improve.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Oh, one other thing I've been wondering about... This will be my first full season up here in Cuyahoga Falls, so I am still a rookie when it comes to the courses around here. Of the courses between say Canton and Cleveland, which ones will be the most likely to be open early in the season when the weather may not be quite golf season weather (hopefully in a few weeks)? I used to know the handful of courses back home that opened up anytime there was a possibility that someone may go out. Obviously they were usually the dog track-iest of the courses, but when it's the second week of February, 45* out, and it is soggy out, those are the ones that will be open to try to make that $18 greens fee from the 8 guys dumb enough to go out. I am usually one of those idiots dumb enough to go out. I was guessing that RIverwoods course, maybe Brandywine, Mud Run, Green Hills, Sunny Hills maybe?

Kent State... Technically not between Canton and Cleveland but is a short drive across Rt. 59 or Graham Rd. to Kent. There'd only be a hole or two where the fairway would be cart path only. Oh wait there isn't a cart path all the way around the course.
Oak Knolls (Kent) is not a terrible track and could be open.
Fox Den?
Raccoon Hills?
Sunny Hills... highly probable.
Good chance on Paradise Lake.
Turkeyfoot would be a distinct possibility. As well as Seven Hills.

At the risk of being Capt. Obvious... call before going.

I quit golfing "in the valley" 20 years ago so can't speak to any course in that local. Valley View, Brandywine, etc...

Titleist 913Hd 20°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

Yeah, those are all courses I had high on my list of likely suspects. I haven't played any of the valley area courses, in the short time I have been here I'm still waiting to hear the first good review of one of them. The Kent course would be a nice option, I really like it there for the price. They seem to take good care of it, and the back nine has some nice golf holes. I would have to guess that the valley courses struggle with moisture management, especially early and late. I just threw in the Riverwoods and Brandywine, because from what I've heard of them they fit the profile of a course that opens every chance they possibly can year-round.

Before I basically stopped playing golf several years ago I used to play Valley View and Brandywine, although not often. From what I remember these courses were pretty boring and Valley View was usually wet like you figured. I'm not sure who will be open in February but I believe Roses Run opens somewhat early (march?).

Chippewa should be played sometime during the year. If the greens are fast watch out for the Devil's Triangle.

I've said it before and will continue to say... How lucky are we here in the greater Akron area when it comes to the shear number of affordable courses from which to choose. The season might be short relative to the south but the quality and quantity (when compared to population density) for the money cannot be beat.

Titleist 913Hd 20°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

I agree with Chippewa. I have met people who loved it and those who have hated it. I fall into the first category- I think it's a fun course, and the back nine there really helps it stand out. You are correct, esketores, we are fortunate to have the number of options in the area and at the great value most of them offer. Especially if you use GolfNow or some of the other internet services that offer tee times at a discount. When I first moved up here and was able to play earlier on weekdays, I was playing somewhere different a couple days a week for about $12-$16 for 18 and a cart. Can't beat that.

Go to the west side of Cleveland where I live lots of quality tracks. Big Met, Greyhawk, shale creek, etc.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1389733720' post='8460589']
Go to the west side of Cleveland where I live lots of quality tracks. Big Met, Greyhawk, shale creek, etc.
[/quote]

I will be playing with Joekelli in a league this summer at Shale Creek, so I will be heading out that way as soon as the weather allows to check it out. I have never played there before. Haven't ventured to the west side to play yet, being from Youngstown and living in Cuyahoga Falls now. But that will change this summer, for sure!

Shale creek is absolutely fantastic, a little expensive, but always in perfect condition.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1389734778' post='8460691']
Shale creek is absolutely fantastic, a little expensive, but always in perfect condition.
[/quote]

I can't wait to play it. I was checking it out via Google Maps the other day, looks like a fun course. I used to see deals on GolfNow for there, and the league rate ($24) isn't stupid ridiculous for nine, considering it includes cart and range.

Raccoon hills will be open if there is anyone who wants to golf. Brandywine is fun but the back is usually closed because it's really wet all the time.
Watch out for Joekelli, he'll try and get in your head.
I'm going to the golf show in Cleveland and I don't care what it's like for three reasons, golf stuff, beer, and the wife can't make me do any work around the house!

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1390192285' post='8493393']
Raccoon hills will be open if there is anyone who wants to golf. Brandywine is fun but the back is usually closed because it's really wet all the time.
I'm going to the golf show in Cleveland and I don't care what it's like for three reasons, golf stuff, beer, and the wife can't make me do any work around the house!
[/quote]

Shake n Bake!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1390192285' post='8493393']
[/quote]

I've seen some of Joe's head games. The good thing with me, if you don't have much going on up there, it's hard to get in the head!

[/quote]

I had never been to Golfsmith until this past weekend and it's a pretty nice place and not too badly priced. I went in looking at 5 woods and it was nice to see how everything compared on a launch monitor. It's funny how without even hitting a club you want to buy it, but after a couple of shots you're so glad you didn't.

Also, if anyone needs an R11s driver headcover let me know. It's a little beat up looking but I have no use for it and someone can have it for free if they're in the area. I forgot I had it until recently.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1389676107' post='8456723']

[/quote]

Thanks for the pro recommendation (it was I who asked). That may be a great route for me. Full disclosure, I work in the golf department of the Montrose Dick's, so I am not sure if I may be able to get a discount on the lessons. It is definitely worth checking into. I basically want to go into the season with a head start on the swing. I had my handicap down to as low as 7 last season, and then just blew up at the end of the year and was probably playing closer to a 10-12 handicap. I went from threatening to break 80 every time out and shooting 78-82, to struggling to break 85 towards the end of the season. Rather than get discouraged and continue the same habits that got me there, I want to go into the season fully aware of my bad habits and how to correct them. What were the lessons from him like? Did he identify flaws and suggest drills and corrections, or did he really get in and try making swing changes? I really don't want to start the season off with a swing overhaul, just a plan in place to improve.
[/quote]

I took 2 or 3 lessons from Mike prior to the 2013 season started and it was a huge help! Mike definitely helped identify some flaws and gave me some drills to work now - but it wasn't a complete overhaul. He listened to what I wanted out of the lessons, my main issues were tightening up ball striking with the irons and working the right (miss) out of my driver. I'm a visual learner and Mike used a lot of video playback (various angles of my swing) and it was huge help to be able to watch what my mistakes looked like compared to a good swing.

Like you my game really tanked late in the year - I should have gotten in for a lesson or two but I was being bull-headed. If the Windmill Golf Center is another place you are considering I can also recommend Randy Dietz - I used to take lessons with him years ago and I really enjoyed him too.

Everyone's mileage will vary but those are two guys I've enjoyed working with. Good luck this season!

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any plans for a spring get together this year? I don't know how many of you already know each other but I figure it could be cool to have a get together and put a face to the names and maybe find other people to golf with this year. Maybe sometime in April? Although at this rate it seems like winter won't be over until June..