I've tried several of the new oversize putter grips hoping to improve and make my putting stroke more stable(less wrist action), and for the most part, they work. But I've found I lost a lot of feel, especially on long putts with these grips.

I finally gave up and went to a Pingman grip which is very thin and provides a good amount of feedback.

Anyone else find they lose feel with these larger grips?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've gained feel with the salty grip

Cobra Orange Bio Cell 'ahina 70
Adams 3446-F 16* Diamana Redboard 73 (Tour issue)
Adams Super LS XTD Fairway 19* Matrix 7X3 White Tie (Tour issue)
Adams Super Hybrid XTD Ti 21* Fubuki Axe
Ping i20 5-UW KBS Tour
Callaway X-forged MD C-grind 53* and 58* KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Squareback w/ Salty Jumbo

Classic Pingman PP58 is good. For a little bit more comfort, but still slender profile, the WINN standard size Medalist is a great design.
I agree with you that midsize and, or large putter grips diminish feedback.
If a player uses fundamentally sound putting grip technique, that is both thumbs perfectly square/flat on the flat topside of the grip, it's a big help to making good strokes and striking solid putts.

[quote name='Centauri' timestamp='1377086620' post='7717944']
I've tried several of the new oversize putter grips hoping to improve and make my putting stroke more stable(less wrist action), and for the most part, they work. But I've found I lost a lot of feel, especially on long putts with these grips.

I finally gave up and went to a Pingman grip which is very thin and provides a good amount of feedback.

[/quote]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='kess13' timestamp='1377139739' post='7723132']
[quote name='Golfdaddy44' timestamp='1377087755' post='7718012']
I think I've gained feel with the salty grip
[/quote]
+1 For the Salty Grip. Never had so much feel with any other grip ever. Best of all worlds. Buy one now and thank us later.
[/quote]

Just looked at this grip on their site- interesting! Makes me want to drink wine- but very interesting

[quote name='Centauri' timestamp='1377086620' post='7717944']

[/quote]

I had the exact same problem you did, i loved it for short putts but i felt i had lost alot of feel on longer putts; I also play a pingman grip so your not alone :)