2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Updates on TaylorMade's TP Line Irons/Woods Revival? (merged)

Matte black clubheads? Aldila ATX as the stock shaft? That would be awesome

TM M2 9.5*- Matrix Studio tipped 0.5' X
TM RBZ 2 12.5* - Kuro Kage X
TM TP MC 2 iron bent to 16* - KBS Tour X
TM TP MB 3-PW - KBS Tour X
TM TP 54, 58 - KBS Tour
SC California Monterey
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/918863-mrcools-first-witb/page__p__7979983#entry7979983"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really don't need the pics.
What is coming has been well describe already, so we all know what to expect. Look back thru the posts and you will "see" what is coming. Thanks to all that have contributed to the information in this thread...well done!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384096702' post='8127272']
What is coming has been well describe already, so we all know what to expect. Look back thru the posts and you will "see" what is coming. Thanks to all that have contributed to the information in this thread...well done!
[/quote]

Worst post I have ever read

[quote name='Redjeep83' timestamp='1384096829' post='8127284']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think (hope) he was being facetious.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384100289' post='8127486']
My contact source advised me that TM does not want pics/info to be leaked until December. Hopefully some pics will surface next week after the meetings. I heard that they have some surprises up their sleeves that not many know about currently.
[/quote]

The fact that we don't see any of the TM staff playing the new releases says a lot about TM not wanting any pics released yet. It will be interesting over the next several weeks to see what they truly have in store for next year.

Frankly, we have already seen the SLDR TP driver pic; Money has stated the new MB looks like the Mizzy 14(?), the forged MC has the slot like the new Adams forged MC XTD, and the CB has the slot. Guess we'll have to wait to see what the shapes and paintfill look like. :) as that is about all that is needed at this point.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384101644' post='8127572']

The fact that we don't see any of the TM staff playing the new releases says a lot about TM not wanting any pics released yet. It will be interesting over the next several weeks to see what they truly have in store for next year.

Frankly, we have already seen the SLDR TP driver pic; Money has stated the new MB looks like the Mizzy 14(?), the forged MC has the slot like the new Adams forged MC XTD, and the CB has the slot. Guess we'll have to wait to see what the shapes and paintfill look like. :) as that is about all that is needed at this point.
[/quote]

do we know if they tp logo will be on the toe for sure of the sldr? and will it be on fairways and hybrids?

lastly will it be on the irons? i hope so, because it used to be tradition!

[b]We really don't need the pics.[/b]
[/quote]

WHATTT?!?! One of the best parts about this board is us getting pics before the OEM's release them. Look, if people on here have the pics and don't want to release them, I certainly don't blame them. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be trying to get someone to release them. We've come this far, we can't just give up now :). In any event, I think tomorrow afternoon we'll be seeing them, whether TMAG wants it to be that way or not.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384105712' post='8127766']
[b]We really don't need the pics.[/b]
[/quote]

WHATTT?!?! One of the best parts about this board is us getting pics before the OEM's release them. Look, if people on here have the pics and don't want to release them, I certainly don't blame them. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be trying to get someone to release them. We've come this far, we can't just give up now :). In any event, I think tomorrow afternoon we'll be seeing them, whether TMAG wants it to be that way or not.
[/quote]
Only if the mods don't take it down first.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384105712' post='8127766']

[/quote]

I said we don't need pics to know what is coming. There have been sufficient posts in this Thread to know what to expect. THANKS TO MEMBERS POSTS!!! As far as functionality that is enough.
If we need to know variations in shape, paintfill colors, shafts, etc. then some pics will be useful.
My post is from the basis of functionality of the clubs....as I stated in my prior post, we have information about the TP Driver, SLDR 430cc ....what more do we need? For the irons, MB, MC, and CB..the MC and CB have the slot... again basic design and functionality that is what is important to know.

Pics will be only slightly helpful to know more about shape, colors, minor design differences, but not functionality or basic design of the club.

I'm sure there will be pics soon, so those that have a need to know matters other than the basics they will have to wait for them.

BB

[quote name='Mark_Crossan' timestamp='1384105396' post='8127760']

do we know if they tp logo will be on the toe for sure of the sldr? and will it be on fairways and hybrids?

lastly will it be on the irons? i hope so, because it used to be tradition!
[/quote]

I believe that our beloved and wanted TP logo will not be on any of the new clubs. I am hearing TP logos will be on shafts only again. I hope this info is wrong...

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1384099059' post='8127414']
[quote name='Redjeep83' timestamp='1384096829' post='8127284']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think (hope) he was being facetious.
[/quote]

I've already stated elsewhere that I like to beat on the Fanboy's bees nest occasionally.... ;)

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384107591' post='8127850']

I believe that our beloved and wanted TP logo will not be on any of the new clubs. I am hearing TP logos will be on shafts only again. I hope this info is wrong...
[/quote]

That's too bad as it would have been a very nice touch to the TP club line. Sounds like you have some solid intel on this one. :(

Demoed the 3 wood and hybrid yesterday...nothing special, no feel, no amazingly different numbers, looked "awkward" at address, no TP logo (not sure why people cared about this anyways), stock shafts were not impressive--just run of the mill, definitely will not be baggin these....I think if one were to buy these, it would be just to have a matching set with the driver, which on the other hand is pretty awesome for someone looking to kill spin.

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384107794' post='8127864']

[/quote]

That's too bad as it would have been a very nice touch to the TP club line. Sounds like you have some solid intel on this one. :(
[/quote]

I keep asking the question, why the TP logo on the shaft and not the actual club? Nobody has been able to give me a solid answer though unfortunately...

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1384092074' post='8126980']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384024304' post='8124254']
No but the ones on here who have the pics are more than likely connected to Taylor Made. Just a guess
[/quote]

No.There is just no reason to post. I know about a dozen other guys here who also have the info. Why post it? WRX will just take it down like they do most of the rest of the pics. Foot-Joy DNA info? Down. And poster of info told to quit posting info. That's only ONE example of this happening. Too much "sponsorship" money from OEM's for WRX to be what it was. Once you're in somebody's pocket, you have to do what they say. It's gotten ridiculous. Fearful of being "scooped," WRX made a big deal about a Titleist announcement the other day. Titleist had "no comment." Mainly due to the fact there was no announcement forthcoming. Just another site having a Futura-X review with the words "Howard Stern" in it. To cover their mistake, they posted they "had learned" Cameron had a public studio opening. It was public knowledge for 6 months. This isn't rocket science. It's OEM's paying the site for favorable marketing. There are no more spy pics allowed. Only "spy pics" set up by the OEM for WRX employees. It's not worth posting the info to se it taken down immediately. Soon enough TMaG will tell WRX to go ahead and post the marketing pics that WRX already has. Should be by mid-week at the latest.
[/quote]

Great post, telling it like it is. I won't forget about when we were intentionally told that the leaked R1 pics from last year were of a Chinese fake and of not the real driver. It was just one big lie by the heads of the site to ensure that their ticket to the Kingdom each year wouldn't be revoked.

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1384110855' post='8128010']
No but the ones on here who have the pics are more than likely connected to Taylor Made. Just a guess
[/quote]

No.There is just no reason to post. I know about a dozen other guys here who also have the info. Why post it? WRX will just take it down like they do most of the rest of the pics. Foot-Joy DNA info? Down. And poster of info told to quit posting info. That's only ONE example of this happening. Too much "sponsorship" money from OEM's for WRX to be what it was. Once you're in somebody's pocket, you have to do what they say. It's gotten ridiculous. Fearful of being "scooped," WRX made a big deal about a Titleist announcement the other day. Titleist had "no comment." Mainly due to the fact there was no announcement forthcoming. Just another site having a Futura-X review with the words "Howard Stern" in it. To cover their mistake, they posted they "had learned" Cameron had a public studio opening. It was public knowledge for 6 months. This isn't rocket science. It's OEM's paying the site for favorable marketing. There are no more spy pics allowed. Only "spy pics" set up by the OEM for WRX employees. It's not worth posting the info to se it taken down immediately. Soon enough TMaG will tell WRX to go ahead and post the marketing pics that WRX already has. Should be by mid-week at the latest.
[/quote]

Great post, telling it like it is. I won't forget about when we were intentionally told that the leaked R1 pics from last year were of a Chinese fake and of not the real driver. It was just one big lie by the heads of the site to ensure that their ticket to the Kingdom each year wouldn't be revoked.
[/quote]

Hopefully that was a little tongue in cheek??

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

I don't think it was "tongue in cheek"...this site has gotten pretty far from what it was a few years ago. You used to be able to get "spy pics", months ahead of a release. Now, we get staged photo shoots, days ahead of a release. There are so many topics that aren't allowed to be spoken of here, that it outweighs what CAN be! Reminds me of another site that is barely viewed anymore...I hope that a lesson hasn't been forgotten!!!

[quote name='Crisphel' timestamp='1384115875' post='8128306']
Anxiously awaiting for tomorrow. To me at least, looks and functionality should complement each other. A picture is still worth infinite words.
[/quote]
Dont get your hopes up, otherwise you will be very sad tomorrow

TM M2 9.5*- Matrix Studio tipped 0.5' X
TM RBZ 2 12.5* - Kuro Kage X
TM TP MC 2 iron bent to 16* - KBS Tour X
TM TP MB 3-PW - KBS Tour X
TM TP 54, 58 - KBS Tour
SC California Monterey
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/918863-mrcools-first-witb/page__p__7979983#entry7979983"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384110222' post='8127978']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384107794' post='8127864']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I keep asking the question, why the TP logo on the shaft and not the actual club? Nobody has been able to give me a solid answer though unfortunately...
[/quote]

Perhaps there is a "movement" towards clubheads with less "clutter" like emblem, badges, etc. Although it seems the Cally V, and the Nike swoosh are still very visible on heads. This will present the more "clean" look that so many purport to want for clubheads. Only a guess, but you are correct, if they can have the TP logo on the shaft then there really is not a valid legal argument for keeping it off the clubhead.

I hear what you guys are saying and I agree to certain extent as the OEMs best interest is protected by the site more times than not. But let's be fair in our accusations. X Hot2, Callaway Slider, TMAG driver and fairways photos were all released on here before the OEMs released their own staged photos.

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1384112170' post='8128062']
I don't think it was "tongue in cheek"...this site has gotten pretty far from what it was a few years ago. You used to be able to get "spy pics", months ahead of a release. Now, we get staged photo shoots, days ahead of a release. There are so many topics that aren't allowed to be spoken of here, that it outweighs what CAN be! Reminds me of another site that is barely viewed anymore...I hope that a lesson hasn't been forgotten!!!
[/quote]

I agree things are not what they were when I signed up for this site. BOTH good and bad. The giveaways, the trips have increased dramatically and those can only be available with the sponsors support. With that comes some measure of obligation to abide by their wishes. I would love to see pictures of the new TP line...but, I would rather get to go and be fitted for the new stuff!!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384122056' post='8128646']
I hear what you guys are saying and I agree to certain extent as the OEMs best interest is protected by the site more times than not. But let's be fair in our accusations. X Hot2, Callaway Slider, TMAG driver and fairways photos were all released on here before the OEMs released their own staged photos.
[/quote]
Callaway Slider CLEARLY staged for WRX employee to get the pic, with a good reason. X2Hot? Taken down once. The old "spy photos" that members used to get and post are taken down. The new "spy photos" are staged for WRX photogs, and allowed to stay. If something is posted before the media embargo, it's gone. You post the pics first, thread is folded into a "new" thread with the official PR department output, and a new search engine optimized thread title. This is a PR and marketing outlet. I understand why the OEM's do it. But I hate it. Gotta save those freebies. Gotta keep you on the site longer. Makes for better ad rates if you'll stay longer. Giveaway threads are a GREAT way to get you to hang around. SEO has overtaken info as the goal of the site. Again, I understand. This isn't UNICEF. Business is business, and business has rules. It's the being shifty about it, and denying it, that sucks. Just be open about it. Most people here are adults, and the others are great to make fun of in emails and PMs to each other.

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1384129144' post='8129084']
[/quote]
Callaway Slider CLEARLY staged for WRX employee to get the pic, with a good reason. X2Hot? Taken down once. The old "spy photos" that members used to get and post are taken down. The new "spy photos" are staged for WRX photogs, and allowed to stay. If something is posted before the media embargo, it's gone. You post the pics first, thread is folded into a "new" thread with the official PR department output, and a new search engine optimized thread title. This is a PR and marketing outlet. I understand why the OEM's do it. But I hate it. Gotta save those freebies. Gotta keep you on the site longer. Makes for better ad rates if you'll stay longer. Giveaway threads are a GREAT way to get you to hang around. SEO has overtaken info as the goal of the site. Again, I understand. This isn't UNICEF. Business is business, and business has rules. It's the being shifty about it, and denying it, that sucks. Just be open about it. Most people here are adults, and the others are great to make fun of in emails and PMs to each other.
[/quote]

You and I don't know for sure if the Callaway Slider was staged, you can assume all that you want. Unless you were there and know it to fact, all that you are doing is assuming. Just because another website says it was staged means nothing and I take their opinion with a grain of salt. I know for a fact (not assuming) that the Callaway Slider photos are real photos of a proto club that is yet to be released. In my eyes, I consider that a spy pic.

The X2 photos are still up on here. I am not aware of an earlier photo being pulled, if it was and the OEM requested that it be pulled, then it has to be pulled. Just remember at the end of the day the sponsors make the WRX World go round and WRX has to protect their sponsors.

I dont think ANYONE has "Spy Pics" of the new TMAG irons. A bunch of people that know reps or somebody from TMAG might have photos that were sent to them. I would not consider those "spy pics". The reason that they are not posted is because whomever dares to post those photos is liable to be cut from whatever connection they used to get the photos. If anybody had true "spy pics" taken from a players bag, then I get the sense it would not be pulled as the photos would be "public property".

I can sympathize with any OEM or buisiness that wants to control the launch of their product. They have plans in place that they feel will help them make money. When someone jeopardizes that plan, then they have the right and authority to protect it. Totally fair in my book....

[/quote]

[/quote]

If WRX is such a problem and WRX is preventing the photos from leaking then why don't these members just post the photos somewhere else?

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384130408' post='8129176']
[/quote]
[/quote]

You and I don't know for sure if the Callaway Slider was staged, you can assume all that you want. Unless you were there and know it to fact, all that you are doing is assuming. Just because another website says it was staged means nothing and I take their opinion with a grain of salt. I know for a fact (not assuming) that the Callaway Slider photos are real photos of a proto club that is yet to be released. In my eyes, I consider that a spy pic.

The X2 photos are still up on here. I am not aware of an earlier photo being pulled, if it was and the OEM requested that it be pulled, then it has to be pulled. Just remember at the end of the day the sponsors make the WRX World go round and WRX has to protect their sponsors.

I dont think ANYONE has "Spy Pics" of the new TMAG irons. A bunch of people that know reps or somebody from TMAG might have photos that were sent to them. I would not consider those "spy pics". The reason that they are not posted is because whomever dares to post those photos is liable to be cut from whatever connection they used to get the photos. I[b]f anybody had true "spy pics" taken from a players bag[/b], then I get the sense it would not be pulled as the photos would be "public property".

I can sympathize with any OEM or buisiness that wants to control the launch of their product. They have plans in place that they feel will help them make money. When someone jeopardizes that plan, then they have the right and authority to protect it. Totally fair in my book....
[/quote]

You make a great point, as far as we can tell, NONE of the usual staffers have put these in their bags. Very tight lipped by TM.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384130408' post='8129176']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I dont think ANYONE has "Spy Pics" of the new TMAG irons. A bunch of people that know reps or somebody from TMAG might have photos that were sent to them. I would not consider those "spy pics". The reason that they are not posted is because whomever dares to post those photos is liable to be cut from whatever connection they used to get the photos. If anybody had true "spy pics" taken from a players bag, then I get the sense it would not be pulled as the photos would be "public property".

[/quote]
Excellent post...you're still in the running for any "Fitting Trips" that may happen this winter.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384130604' post='8129200']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If WRX is such a problem and WRX is preventing the photos from leaking then why don't these members just post the photos somewhere else?
[/quote]

They are not out there ANYWHERE. It's funny to do a Google search and have several GolfWRX threads on the subject. Seems we ask the most questions and are in the know as much as anyone.....which isn't very much!!