Most ridiculous thing heard on the range

StarFleetGolfer

I saw a guy with a golf bag, really nice bag, with his name on it. Right under the name,

“KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN” in big block letters.

Ouch!

PS. I didn’t heard it, but I saw it. :-)

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Recent one. At the range. Guy shows up , and his friend is there ( who i know is a good golfer , and plays close to scratch ) . Friend tells the good golfer . " I've got the shanks " . Good golfer tells him.. " that means you're coming over the top " WHAT!?!? Go's to show that just because someone is a good player , doesn't mean they necessarily know a lot about the golf swing ...

Not at the range but on the golf course at least.... The cart girl drives up to my foursome and asks "have you seen a bunch of guys with hats, about 8 of them... are they in front of you?". Well yeah, nearly every golfer in front or behind us is a guy wearing a hat. Guess she wasn't the regular cart girl.

Recent one. At the range. Guy shows up , and his friend is there ( who i know is a good golfer , and plays close to scratch ) . Friend tells the good golfer . " I've got the shanks " . Good golfer tells him.. " that means you're coming over the top " WHAT!?!? Go's to show that just because someone is a good player , doesn't mean they necessarily know a lot about the golf swing ...

Uhhhh.....you absolutely CAN hit a shank with an OTT/out-to-in swing.

Had another one the other day. I went to the range at my club, and was hitting some good ones. A guy that I've seen before (and who is one of the better players at our club) pulls up in a cart sort of behind me and is talking loudly on his cellphone. He then tells the person he's talking to "Hold on", then yells to me "Hey man, that was a nice one". He then tells his phone buddy "I'm watching this guy on the range with the most beautiful swing just flush these shots over and over, I need to go". Then, he comes to me and gives me a "lecture" on how much he likes my swing. During this, it was obvious to me that he was drunk. He then proceeds to "coach" me after every shot. I start hitting them a little worse than flush, and even put a stinker or two in there, and he really jumps in on the coaching after that.

Now, he mostly knew what he was talking about. And he was complimenting my swing the entire time, and to be completely honest he somewhat reaffirmed for me that I'm better than I've been playing lately. BUT, it got to the point that we had to have an entire conversation after every shot, and I just wanted him to leave so that I could hit balls in peace. Eventually I just gathered my stuff up and gave him indications that I was done with the conversation, and then he proceeds to follow me to the practice green! And coached me on my chipping!

I swear this isn't a humble brag or whatever...I was definitely hitting them well that day but also have plenty of bad days. I was just super annoyed by "Mr Drunk Guy" who decided that his mission that day was to coach me.

Uhhhh.....you absolutely CAN hit a shank with an OTT/out-to-in swing.

Done it!

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Had another one the other day. I went to the range at my club, and was hitting some good ones. A guy that I've seen before (and who is one of the better players at our club) pulls up in a cart sort of behind me and is talking loudly on his cellphone. He then tells the person he's talking to "Hold on", then yells to me "Hey man, that was a nice one". He then tells his phone buddy "I'm watching this guy on the range with the most beautiful swing just flush these shots over and over, I need to go". Then, he comes to me and gives me a "lecture" on how much he likes my swing. During this, it was obvious to me that he was drunk. He then proceeds to "coach" me after every shot. I start hitting them a little worse than flush, and even put a stinker or two in there, and he really jumps in on the coaching after that.

Now, he mostly knew what he was talking about. And he was complimenting my swing the entire time, and to be completely honest he somewhat reaffirmed for me that I'm better than I've been playing lately. BUT, it got to the point that we had to have an entire conversation after every shot, and I just wanted him to leave so that I could hit balls in peace. Eventually I just gathered my stuff up and gave him indications that I was done with the conversation, and then he proceeds to follow me to the practice green! And coached me on my chipping!

I swear this isn't a humble brag or whatever...I was definitely hitting them well that day but also have plenty of bad days. I was just super annoyed by "Mr Drunk Guy" who decided that his mission that day was to coach me.

uhh...that was me...I still think you have a great swing...just a few tweaks and.....

Female friends of mine from college (a D1 school) who play/played on the golf team never being able to hit ONE bucket of range balls in peace without someone two or three decades older than they are flirting/giving swing advice/harassing them.

Pinnacle of ridiculous

One of my all time favorite quotes

"No attractive woman can hit more than one errant shot without a skilless male offering her terrible advise."

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

buddy wanted to hang out at the range one night and practice. New to golf, he's getting on with his swing progression, and suddenly wanted to compare yardages between us with 7 irons. About 5 swings in, he's carrying every shot a good 15-20 yards past me. We're pretty good friends so he i didn't mind him getting on with a little bragging, and he was so stoked about his new (used) m2 irons.

I let him enjoy it. I didn't have the heart to tell him his 7 iron loft is closer to my 5 iron.

That,s exactly why OEMs jack their lofts.

Not heard, but once I saw a guy on the range hitting with no shoes on

What is wrong with that... I have a friend who will shoot 5 under with no shoes on the course

WITB:

What is wrong with that... I have a friend who will shoot 5 under with no shoes on the course!

Yeah, but your 'young buck' friend was likely playing 'The Swamp Course' at the Boo Weekly Golf, Hunting, and Fishing Resort!.. :rolleyes:

I'M SO GOOD, I CAN PLAY THIS GAME 'BARE FOOTED'

(And I suspect his 'Caddy' was probably one of that resort's famous 'Skunk Apes')... :taunt:

THIS SKUNK APE 'CADDY' IS LOOKING FOR AN ERRANT DRIVE!

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Can we expand this to a whole golf course? The other day when I was carrying my clubs a woman first hinted that my clubs make a lot of noise when I walk. I thought she was just making conversation until the next hole when she told me to stay away from her because she's trying to enjoy nature and can't with my clubs making so much noise.

Now, maybe I do need to hold them down better but has anyone ever had a comment similar to this before?

buddy wanted to hang out at the range one night and practice. New to golf, he's getting on with his swing progression, and suddenly wanted to compare yardages between us with 7 irons. About 5 swings in, he's carrying every shot a good 15-20 yards past me. We're pretty good friends so he i didn't mind him getting on with a little bragging, and he was so stoked about his new (used) m2 irons.

I let him enjoy it. I didn't have the heart to tell him his 7 iron loft is closer to my 5 iron.

That,s exactly why OEMs jack their lofts.

I remember when I bought my TM R7s back in 2009 at a discount. I was curious what the issue was and the guy at the store claimed that the lofts were so jacked people didnt want to buy them. Now, just 9 years later, these r7s are actually slightly weak relative to almost every non-blade type iron out there.

Can we expand this to a whole golf course? The other day when I was carrying my clubs a woman first hinted that my clubs make a lot of noise when I walk. I thought she was just making conversation until the next hole when she told me to stay away from her because she's trying to enjoy nature and can't with my clubs making so much noise.

Now, maybe I do need to hold them down better but has anyone ever had a comment similar to this before?

Haha, this is only an acceptable complaint if the clubs are jingling when someone is over the ball and about to hit. Otherwise, that is absurd.

Haha, this is only an acceptable complaint if the clubs are jingling when someone is over the ball and about to hit. Otherwise, that is absurd.

That's what I thought but just checking to see if I am crazy. Yea, definitely not walking and making noise when someone is hitting.

What is wrong with that... I have a friend who will shoot 5 under with no shoes on the course!

Yeah, but your 'young buck' friend was likely playing 'The Swamp Course' at the Boo Weekly Golf, Hunting, and Fishing Resort!.. :rolleyes:

I PLAY GOLF BARE FOOTED!

(And I suspect his 'Caddy' was probably one of that resort's famous 'Skunk Apes')... :taunt:

SKUNK APE SHOWN HERE IS LOOKING FOR AN ERRANT DRIVE!

Actually he used to be on the nike tour in the 90s and is now in his 50's Dude is a stick and a member of a rather high end club, he just says he likes to feel grass under his feet because it makes him happy. I practice barefoot when I am working on tempo or rhythm (normally in my backyard but have done it at a range before as well.

WITB:

I play at a private course with a pretty strict dress code (just started letting us untuck our shirts last year), but my wife's brother (also a member) never wears shoes when we play. Range, practise green, or 18 holes. Flip flops and takes them off for every shot.

You guys need to get out more. You think a local 9 hole muni struggling to get players cares what shoes (or not) you are walking around in?

(not directing this at huddledtoash, just in general)

One of the older guys in our league who has now passed away was a born underdog, but everybody liked him and enjoyed being around him. You could count on him nearly every tee shot and approach shot to complete it by saying "Oh no!" cause it never went where he wanted it to go... So this would begin at the course range. Some would probably think this was a ridiculous way to get started.

So he was still around when the original brush golf tees came out, and he brought some to the range before we played one night. He told how he would get at least another 30 yds or so off the tee using them, so people started to gather around to see this wonderful feat of his. As he teed a ball up and hit his first drive he just shouted "Oh no where did the %&$#* thing go?" and of course he was told 'well, you got pretty good distance, but you sliced the heck out the dam thing", to which he replied "I don't care about the ball, I'm looking for the tee!".... It cracked everybody up...

By the way, when he passed away some went to his funeral, and one guy swears as they lowered his casket he was told they heard "Oh no!"

Never! Some people complain just for the sake of complaining. Next time attach bells to them, lol....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I play at a private course with a pretty strict dress code (just started letting us untuck our shirts last year), but my wife's brother (also a member) never wears shoes when we play. Range, practise green, or 18 holes. Flip flops and takes them off for every shot.

I've never played a private club where untucking your shirt was acceptable. I would say they are not strict with their dress code.