Random conversation thread

What will be the one thing that could ring a grown man rolling on the floor ?

No, not a Creature with 36 -23-35...

Kidney stone !

Had one about a year and a half ago. Thought at first, I had pulled a muscle mid-back, which bothered me for about 3-4 days, but since I have back issues already, not a big deal.....

Until day 5, in the bathroom.....

Did any of you hear that roar?????

And, then....it was over. I've really had worse hangovers, but that's just me

Sorry you had that . The size and location of the stone can give different experience, none would be pleasant.

I had one approx 3-4 years ago. the stone passed , I captured it and it was almost 4 mm.

My MD warned me this might occur again....... even with diet to stay away from food I love

It came back, large enough to warrant a surgical removal. Going in next week to have it removed.

Kidney stone !

Had one about a year and a half ago. Thought at first, I had pulled a muscle mid-back, which bothered me for about 3-4 days, but since I have back issues already, not a big deal.....

Sorry you had that . The size and location of the stone can give different experience, none would be pleasant.

I had one approx 3-4 years ago. the stone passed , I captured it and it was almost 4 mm.

My MD warned me this might occur again....... even with diet to stay away from food I love

It came back, large enough to warrant a surgical removal. Going in next week to have it removed.

Been there and done that twice a few years ago. Twice you say? Yeah the doctor kinda rushed the first time around and didn't get it all. Guess he was in a hurry when the gas passer knocked my teeth out while trying to vent me. Total nightmare scenario.

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

Kidney stone !

Been there and done that twice a few years ago. Twice you say? Yeah the doctor kinda rushed the first time around and didn't get it all. Guess he was in a hurry when the gas passer knocked my teeth out while trying to vent me. Total nightmare scenario.

Oh my, that is not good. Hope you stayed healthy after. I'll have to minimize animal protein in my diet/...... bacon cheeseburger will only appear in my dream

Kidney stone !

Oh my, that is not good. Hope you stayed healthy after. I'll have to minimize animal protein in my diet/...... bacon cheeseburger will only appear in my dream

Yep...and lay off those energy drinks (Gatorade, etc.) too. That helps to keep them from coming back.

I did the shock wave lithotripsy. Was back home same day, back to work in a couple days and could have played golf the next weekend really. Easy recovery. Best of luck!

I told my wife that I did not golf enough, not enough exercise to dislodge the stone for passing.

Of course she did not buy it, and promptly changed my dinner to Cesar Salad, marinated threaded carrots ( balsamic vinegar, raisin ), pickled radish, steamed rice ( Cal-Rose and Forbidden rice ). Out of pity, she gave me two 3 minute hard boiled egg for protein.

I have to say, not too bad. I can do that maybe once a week. She did all that to avoid extra grease. and protein from meat. All of a sudden the boiled chicken breast for kids looked really yummy.

Jokes aside, she didn't want me to suffer more pain before i show up for my appointment. one visit to the E.R. was plenty for one week. Plus without treatment except offering pain medications.

Still alive and smacking the little white ball around. ;)

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

I was beginning to wonder as you've been MIA for a bit. Looking forward to getting down your way in about a month for our annual float about the islands. :beach:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I did the shock wave lithotripsy. Was back home same day, back to work in a couple days and could have played golf the next weekend really. Easy recovery. Best of luck!

Doc was using the ureteroscope first. Successfully removed one on the right side without issue, but the left side was much larger than shown on the CT Scan, he told my wife it was larger than 3 CM. Did the ureteroscope plus Sound wave on the bolder but, only removed 1/2 of it. super sound waved the front and the back but can not dislodge it. So going back in a couple of weeks. Give the tissue some time to heal a little.except for some discomfort and blood in the urinary track, I can dish it out without pain medication.

As far as swinging a golf club ? I have no idea, the stents are still in the kidneys. I don't think twisting my mid torso is a good idea. They say after all the stones are removed, another few weeks before they will remove the stents.

I'll start sorting out my golf clubs and most will be on the BST.

I was beginning to wonder as you've been MIA for a bit. Looking forward to getting down your way in about a month for our annual float about the islands. :beach:

You really need to make time to swing by here and go out for a round with me. I can supply the clubs and everything needed to go with them.

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

You really need to make time to swing by here and go out for a round with me. I can supply the clubs and everything needed to go with them.

Once again I appreciate the offer, Tim. Unfortunately not only will there not be the time, but I'm really in no condition to play at present with my cursed back. Hopefully one day this will all come together and I'll be in a position to take you up on the offer. :friends:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Doc was using the ureteroscope first. Successfully removed one on the right side without issue, but the left side was much larger than shown on the CT Scan, he told my wife it was larger than 3 CM. Did the ureteroscope plus Sound wave on the bolder but, only removed 1/2 of it. super sound waved the front and the back but can not dislodge it. So going back in a couple of weeks. Give the tissue some time to heal a little.except for some discomfort and blood in the urinary track, I can dish it out without pain medication.

As far as swinging a golf club ? I have no idea, the stents are still in the kidneys. I don't think twisting my mid torso is a good idea. They say after all the stones are removed, another few weeks before they will remove the stents.

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. I had to have the procedure a second time too...but no stents. So not really familiar with that. Probably a good move to lay off for a few weeks. 3 CM is a pretty big stone. You'll be glad later they decided to bust it up. I had a bad experience with the first urologist I went to who told me I could pass one about that size. The 2nd doctor, who did my surgeries was stunned. He said I could never have passed a stone that large and probably would have done a lot of damage trying.

Take the extra time and practice your putting instead :)

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. I had to have the procedure a second time too...but no stents. So not really familiar with that. Probably a good move to lay off for a few weeks. 3 CM is a pretty big stone. You'll be glad later they decided to bust it up. I had a bad experience with the first urologist I went to who told me I could pass one about that size. The 2nd doctor, who did my surgeries was stunned. He said I could never have passed a stone that large and probably would have done a lot of damage trying.

Take the extra time and practice your putting instead :)

Thanks,appreciate the note. I think my surgeon said something larger than 5 mm shouldn't leave it to pass by itself. They give my body 2 weeks to heal a little from the first operation then back to the table for the second time. Am on antibiotic meds now, because the kidney and the track still bleeding from the first operation's trauma .

Can't really do anything. Walking around the house is about what I could do. The stents are to drain the fluids but I do';t think my kidneys like them, a little sore on my back.

Not anywhere close to the pain from the stone but uncomfortable to say the least.

We've been careful of our diet, so I scratch my head on the cause of the built up of the kidney stone.

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country (-club); but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman…” – Thomas Paine

Historians have always attributed this quote to America’s revolutionary cause but now my sources are telling me that's fake news and that, according to ‘people familiar with the situation’, Paine was actually lamenting the futility of trying to organize a winter foursome at his local club during the wettest year on record.

I think I feel his pain(e). One of my playing partners sent me a text the other day, “Remember when we used to play golf? Yeah, those were good times.” I responded whether he would like to try playing this weekend. He said, “That’d be like standing in shallow rapids trying to club small trout with a lasso while they dart around us.”

Just then the doorbell rang and I encountered an old long haired, white bearded man in rags with a small herd of variously-specied animals trailing behind. From his appearance I assumed he was looking for the homeless shelter or possibly excess canned goods. But curiously all he sought were scraps of gopher wood.

I went to the grocery store and spotted my club’s head superintendent. He was still wearing his name tag but I noticed he had crossed out ‘Greenskeeper’ and had written in ‘Soup Maker’.

Which reminds me, I received an email from the club this week announcing the Steering Committee, which has been gauging the feasibility of building a swimming pool for the members, has suspended their efforts. In a tersely worded statement it further stated that, “Members may instead use the bunker complex surrounding #8 green for all water sports.” It also mentioned that they have proposed for themselves a name change to ‘Rowing Committee’.

Which also reminds me, the Atlanta news are reporting that the Falcons professional football team has changed their name to The Ducks and are retro fitting their cleats with zip up rubber galoshes.

Since my playing partners declined to brave the soggy conditions I decided to journey alone to the club, possibly to hit some range balls off the elevated synthetic mats. But I never made it. With the clubhouse in sight I was turned away by a parade of undocumented Canadian Geese and a sign that said, “Kayaks only beyond this point.”

The Geese were squawking furiously at me, and while I don’t know exactly what they were saying (I don’t speak Canadian) I’m pretty sure they were mocking me.

And this brings me to my final point: I now believe that this record setting rainfall is actually a vast wet-wing conspiracy to deny me my sovereign golf rights. I‘ve yet to work out the details, but I believe it involves some combination of chemtrails, space based weather manipulating microwave beams, the aforementioned undocumented fish & fowl, weaponized water lilies, and the illegal trafficking of minnows.

PS – I’m really, really sick of all this rain.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

ROFLMFAO!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks like you're on the train. Next question is do you ride to and from and if so how does that work with clubs on your back?

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well spotted!

Five minutes from home to station.

Fifteen minute train ride.

Five to ten minutes at the other end which is Driffield in East Yorkshire,there is a shared footpath most of the way to the club so avoiding traffic on the main road which can be very heavy in both senses with a lot of agricultural vehicles,the town is a lovely little market town known as 'Gateway to the Wolds' an area of undulating unspoilt countryside.

There was a heavy white frost on the course so some temporary greens in use,there are some winter tees which are mats and others on grass either to the side or in front of the regular tees,some members moaned at not having use of the full course which is ridiculous,being able to play at all is a bonus but some are never satisfied.

I enjoy the walk,the odd good shot,couple of nice putts with JH,watching the stream where as I moved to take the photo I disturbed a very handsome and sizeable roebuck on the other bank which exploded into motion and legged it across the fields.

I've had loads of deer encounters over here and am always impressed by the enormous power they can generate from a standing start,lovely animals,I'm quite partial to them on a plate as well although I never had a wish to shoot one even during my shooting days.

Well spotted!

Five minutes from home to station.

Fifteen minute train ride.

Five to ten minutes at the other end which is Driffield in East Yorkshire,there is a shared footpath most of the way to the club so avoiding traffic on the main road which can be very heavy in both senses with a lot of agricultural vehicles,the town is a lovely little market town known as 'Gateway to the Wolds' an area of undulating unspoilt countryside.

There was a heavy white frost on the course so some temporary greens in use,there are some winter tees which are mats and others on grass either to the side or in front of the regular tees,some members moaned at not having use of the full course which is ridiculous,being able to play at all is a bonus but some are never satisfied.

I enjoy the walk,the odd good shot,couple of nice putts with JH,watching the stream where as I moved to take the photo I disturbed a very handsome and sizeable roebuck on the other bank which exploded into motion and legged it across the fields.

I've had loads of deer encounters over here and am always impressed by the enormous power they can generate from a standing start,lovely animals,I'm quite partial to them on a plate as well although I never had a wish to shoot one even during my shooting days.

Sounds delightful! I can only dream of such convenience that one could to and fro to golf via a bike and the train. I would be about a half hour's ride to my closest course which would be fine if I left the clubs there, but not realistic to carry whilst cycling.

Speaking of deer, I saw a video on Facebook the other day of a buck racing a car and jumping over it at full speed. The car was travelling at 60 kph, so that was incredibly impressive to me. I recall many years ago coming home late at night from friends and we came across an inconsolable woman walking down the road. She had been hit by a deer as it lept across the roadway. Her car was a complete write-off and was less than a month old!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I didn’t want to start a new thread on this, because it’s a pretty basic question: how were wedges done back in the day? Today you have an iron set with a PW and maybe an AW or something which seem more like an extension of the numbered irons, and then custom specialty wedges (vokey, 588 mack daddy etc.)

My dad’s ping zings have a set PW and SW and could have had an L I think. my hogan radials had an E and could have had an SW. But when I was shopping for 50’s clubs, all sets seemed to be 1/2/3-9 and no wedges. So to complete my 50’s Spalding bag, what kind of wedges were played?

I can’t stabd agenda driven conversation and trying to fit a narrative in you comments that show you are a hypocrite

What just happened!?!? Is this in the right thread and who on Earth is it directed at??

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

I can't stabd agenda driven conversation and trying to fit a narrative in you comments that show you are a hypocrite

What just happened!?!? Is this in the right thread and who on Earth is it directed at??

Well, it is random...

and this is the random conversation thread. ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa