Slide vs getting weight forward????

I suffer from a huge push off the tee. In my search to find a cure, it seems I do slide to my front side. My thinking was, I needed to get the weight forward. It is pretty severe though. When I try to do some drills it feels ALL arms.

Any help or ideas on feelings to get rid of the "slide" ?

Thanks all

A golfer needs ONLY enough lateral movement during transition to weight his left leg,so that he can subsequently turn around it.
Wider stances discourage rotation while narrower stances encourage rotation,so if your stance is currently wide ,narrow it a bit

At setup toe out your left foot 1/4 turn towards the target..this will unlock your left hip and encourage rotation
Try the 45 degree transition drill.Try to feel that your left hip moves on a 45 degree angle away from the target line to initiate the downswing

[quote name='JBOMB808' timestamp='1380657250' post='7938789']
Less slide more rotation. Push means your sliding too much and the club is dropping too far inside. Rotation fault would result in a pull. Try to pull it. Flare your front foot open.
[/quote]

Yep. Or keep the slide and close the face just a touch at address. :)

[quote name='RRFireblade' timestamp='1380660964' post='7939047']
Don't think about moving your body to shift weight, instead think about the concept of pushihng down on the ground with your feet/foot.

Just a thought....
[/quote]

pressure the forward foot to transfer weight, begin the hips clearing, etc??

hit is with so much authority
that when you find it
and it sees you, it is trembling.

Don't think about moving your body to shift weight, instead think about the concept of pushing down on the ground with your feet/foot.

Just a thought....
[/quote]

like it, always my number one when playing well

M1 '16 RIP Phenom 70X
Adams Idea PRO VST RIP Phenom 100X 17
Wilson FG2 3I - RIP Phenom Hyb 95X
Titleist CB 4-6 C-Taper X
Titleist MB 7-PW C-Taper X
Taylormade EF 50, 54
SM6 58
Odyssey 2 ball, Fatso 5.0

As long as the left leg straightens just after impact, then you're not "sliding". 99% of amateurs do not move the tailbone to their left before impact as much as great swingers do. In other words, I'll believe you're over-doing this when I see it. Looking for an explanation of inefficiency, many amateurs believe they are sliding and need to "stay behind it". They're way off in their self-analysis.

What really helped me on this matter, are the Martin Chuck's videos on Revolution Golf. He made a series of videos where he addresses the weight shift ( or the non weight shift) in a manner that really opened my mind and I'm playing so much better now!

I spent US$ 37 to have the digital version, and I think they are really helpfull in understanding the golf swing, I spent a lot of money in videos all over the net , but for the first time it seems to me to understand the swing. Hope it helps.

Don't think about moving your body to shift weight, instead think about the concept of pushing down on the ground with your feet/foot.

Just a thought....
[/quote]

And a good thought. I would just add, pressuring down smoothly into the right leg will get the left hip to bump and clear. It will also get you into a Snead squat if that's what you want.

see my footwork post. Proper foot work = proper weight shift...

TaylorMade Sim Max driver HZRDUS Black Smoke

TaylorMade Sim 3 wood HZRDUS Black Smoke

TaylorMade Sim Udi 2
TaylorMade p760 5-pw
TaylorMade Hi Toe 50/54/58 wedges
TaylorMade Spider X Chalk