Equipment “Free Agents” who’s on the move?

rsjdp

[quote name='Buffdaddy' timestamp='1383092110' post='8076177']
For all you Nike haters out there here's a little something to stir you up even more so. I know a lot of you won't be able to sleep tonight.

Asked if it was the best ball-driver combination he has had all season, McIlroy thought for a moment and replied, ''It's the best ball-driver I've ever had.''

''It's the highest ball speed I ever got - 184 mph ball speed, which is high,'' he said. ''This is the first year I comfortably going into the 180s in all speed, and this has upped it again. I feel comfortable with it. And the most comforting thing is I'm swinging the club well.''

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

This comes as an absolute and utter shock that someone making tens upon tens of millions of dollars from his primary endorser would sing the praises of their latest offerings! Surely we all expected him to absolutely shat on what Nike has put forth for him!

I hope those "haters" don't sleep for weeks for being so foolish! May their beer sour and their crops wither and die!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1383094490' post='8076407']
For all you Nike haters out there here's a little something to stir you up even more so. I know a lot of you won't be able to sleep tonight.

Asked if it was the best ball-driver combination he has had all season, McIlroy thought for a moment and replied, ''It's the best ball-driver I've ever had.''

''It's the highest ball speed I ever got - 184 mph ball speed, which is high,'' he said. ''This is the first year I comfortably going into the 180s in all speed, and this has upped it again. I feel comfortable with it. And the most comforting thing is I'm swinging the club well.''

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

This comes as an absolute and utter shock that someone making tens upon tens of millions of dollars from his primary endorser would sing the praises of their latest offerings! Surely we all expected him to absolutely shat on what Nike has put forth for him!

I hope those "haters" don't sleep for weeks for being so foolish! May their beer sour and their crops wither and die!
[/quote]
Somehow I knew that would be the haters response. The question was did he feel comfortable. He didn't have to say the rest of that particularly his ball speed is the fastest it's ever been.

Way to go Nike keep on making the haters hate!!

[quote name='Buffdaddy' timestamp='1383100113' post='8076865']

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Somehow I knew that would be the haters response. The question was did he feel comfortable. He didn't have to say the rest of that particularly his ball speed is the fastest it's ever been.

[/quote]

Oh boy... Please step away from the koolaid...

I just left the gym a few hours ago and my bag has Nike shoes and shorts.

I've owned TW shoes for years, although not recently, loved the original blades and worn a number of golf shirts with the swoosh on it...

Fifty freaking lashes for the grownups who feel the need to use "hater " in an actual adult conversation...

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1383101824' post='8076973']

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've owned TW shoes for years, although not recently, loved the original blades and worn a number of golf shirts with the swoosh on it...

Fifty freaking lashes for the grownups who feel the need to use "hater " in an actual adult conversation...
[/quote]
And the word you would perfer?

[quote name='Buffdaddy' timestamp='1383103095' post='8077053']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1383101824' post='8076973']

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And the word you would perfer?
[/quote]

ANYTHING.

[quote name='Golfingnutter' timestamp='1383047444' post='8072757']
i bet Rory wishes he can go back to Titleist! Stay where you are Scotty
[/quote]
I seriously doubt that. You know how they all say "it isn't about the money, it's about the titles (wins)" Well when the money is over $100 mil----it is about the money when the case is that large! There have been a lot of players changes each year, most without much differences in their game. Look more often the player's life changes and it is often those changes which has an affect on one's game. It is just easier to blame the most visible change which is equipment. Seldom is equipment blamed when one makes changes from within the same company. Lets not forget Rory had slumped before while with Titleist and his putting left him for several months (he was spliting time between the European and PGA tours at the time. This year it has been a year long slump with many life changes (see: personal, lady, agents etc)

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='BenSeattle' timestamp='1382451311' post='8039671']
The reason college football coaches are able to leave these contracts for a better job is the threat that if they're forced to stay, they'll just run your program into the ground. Of course, if they're fired before the contract expires, they still get paid for the remaining years. I consider this a ridiculous policy. It leads to a coach recruiting young men to a school, then potentially leaving for a "better job" just one month later. (See: Kiffin, Lane.)

This also leads to coaches holding up a school for ransom. Coach "A" has an unexpectedly good season and even though he's under contract, he's now mentioned as a candidate for bigger jobs. In order for his school to keep him , they must offer a contract extension with a healthy raise.

I wish schools would show some backbone and simply make it clear that at the signing of a contract the coach would be fully expected to fulfill that agreement? Want to leave before your time is up? Uh no, sorry.... you're staying for the full term. Sure, you can do a half-a** job and we can still fire you but you'll still get paid. And wind up working nowhere.

Pro golfers' endorsement contracts are much more iron-clad. Although Titleist willing shed Phil Mickelson when he started talking up Callaway equipment, most deals are such that the players want to stay until the end of the term.
[/quote]

Buyouts are paid every year. They are iron clad. Tennessee is paying Sunseri to be an asst coach at FSU. If a coach leaves and it violates his contract, he pays or the school he's going to pays. He can't just rock on and nothing happens.

Exactly Mcoz. No one says Bubba should leave Ping because his game fell after he won the Masters. It only happens when a Nike guy is involved.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

[quote name='acolombo' timestamp='1383148796' post='8078766']
Fernandez-Castano simply forgot his visor and didn't use it during play. At the prize giving moment he borrowed one and was as usual on tv. Also, the driver was one of the new Srixon, but I could not see the exact model.
[/quote]

Thank you for the information.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

Why is this post in the Free Angents, who's on the move thread? Are you telling me that Rory might sign with Nike?!

[quote name='ctmason_98' timestamp='1383164922' post='8079962']
[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1383156640' post='8079368']
What does this have to do with "Players Switching Brands This Year"?
[/quote]

I believe the young people have evolved this into a discussion of who is a "true playa" or a "true rider," sir.
[/quote]

Ahhh, I stand corrected!

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1383151994' post='8078984']

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

Why is this post in the Free Angents, who's on the move thread? Are you telling me that Rory might sign with Nike?!
[/quote]
My post was in response to the gentlemen who said Rory probably wished he was back with titleist. Nike rocks however!

[quote name='Buffdaddy' timestamp='1383185926' post='8081542']
[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1383151994' post='8078984']

Your welcome!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
My post was in response to the gentlemen who said Rory probably wished he was back with titleist. Nike rocks however!
[/quote]

Nike for president!

[/quote]

I see the word "hate" used exclusively by people trying to make a dig at people with strong opinions. I don't recall reading a post stating "hate" on any particular brand.

The idea of Rory having nightmares over his decision to switch to Nike seems pretty ridiculous when one considers that statistically speaking, his ball-striking was unchanged if not BETTER in 2013 than it was in 2012! The slump can totally be boiled down to short-game performance, and more specifically, putting inside of 10', as his scrambling went from 33rd on Tour to 145th!

[quote name='vjswing' timestamp='1383233718' post='8083548']
The idea of Rory having nightmares over his decision to switch to Nike seems pretty ridiculous when one considers that statistically speaking, his ball-striking was unchanged if not BETTER in 2013 than it was in 2012! The slump can totally be boiled down to short-game performance, and more specifically, putting inside of 10', as his scrambling went from 33rd on Tour to 145th!
[/quote]

But they will chime in and say it was because he switched from the Cameron to the Method. His putting was just as bad with both, sometimes in the same tournament.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1383237601' post='8083912']
[quote name='vjswing' timestamp='1383233718' post='8083548']
[/quote]

But they will chime in and say it was because he switched from the Cameron to the Method. His putting was just as bad with both, sometimes in the same tournament.
[/quote]
I recall Rory always being a streaky putter and someone who struggled on really slick greens so its nothing new and certainly not nike specific. The ball may take a little getting used to with chips and pitches, but nt ths long. His woes are not equipment related. Nike makes as good gear as Titleist or any other OEM.

[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1383136780' post='8077786']
Exactly Mcoz. No one says Bubba should leave Ping because his game fell after he won the Masters. It only happens when a Nike guy is involved.
[/quote]

Definitely not just Nike guys. A lot of criticism for players switching and playing below their previous standard not matter the brand. For Example, Gmac going to Srixon after 2010. Nike does get a lot of attention because of the high profile of Tiger and Rory, I see your point.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1381445972' post='7983731']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1381445184' post='7983661']
Thing is no company can confirm anything because of contracts that end Dec 31st.[/quote]

That is the thing I was thinking about. Do these contracts cover a pga tour year/season or do they cover calender years? I suppose in the future most will try to have the contract just cover the length of a couple seasons instead of years.
[/quote] usually calendar year, but now that the tour has a start and end date ( range) that could change

[quote name='drewsterman2' timestamp='1383284299' post='8087232']
Pat Perez to Callaway, saw him at the tpc stadium range then putting a callaway staff bag in a white GTR and driving off.
[/quote]
There was a tweet of him having a lesson and it looked like he was wearing a Callaway hat aswell.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter