2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Equipment “Free Agents” who’s on the move?

rsjdp

[quote name='spitfisher' timestamp='1383326028' post='8088784']
Keagan Bradley

One of my sources said he maybe ditching his apparel brand - Tommy Hilfiger...by years end. .good thing in my opinion
[/quote]

Is a shame because he rocked that classic look so well in the beginning....

I wonder if its because he has moved away from straight white shoes and the old school visors towards wearing jordans and a flat bill?

[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Taylormade[/b] R1 w/ Aldila Voodoo 10*
[b]Cleveland[/b] Classic 15.5* w/ Matrix Ozik
[b]Adams [/b]DHY 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber
[b]Ping [/b]S57's w/ S300 4-W [/font][/size]
[b][font=georgia, serif]Cleveland[/font][/b][color=#010101][font=georgia, serif] 588's 52, 56, 60[/font][/color]
[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Kenny Giannini[/b] G2 Chubby [/font][/size]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1383005591' post='8071115']
How about Graham Delaet?

[url="http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market"]http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market[/url]
[quote]
DeLaet's deals with Titleist, FootJoy, Sligo, Oakley and BMW all end December 31st, 2013

That being said who else will go hard after the free agent beyond his current sponsors? Expect Cobra-PUMA Golf to be frontrunners in trying to woo DeLaet into its equipment and apparel, respectively. Nike Golf will likely kick the Canadian's tires for one of its strategic head-to-toe agreements and never count out TaylorMade-adidas Golf, which would probably love to add a player such as DeLaet to its endorsement staff.

[/quote]

Personally I think Cobra/Puma would be a good fit for him. He likes to wear colorful clothes and he could continue to use a ProV1.
[/quote]

From YouTube:
http://youtu.be/DSNSoC-wiGE[

[quote name='ballana' timestamp='1388539312' post='8376829']
[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1383005591' post='8071115']
How about Graham Delaet?

[url="http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market"]http://scoregolf.com...g-to-the-market[/url]
[quote]
DeLaet's deals with Titleist, FootJoy, Sligo, Oakley and BMW all end December 31st, 2013

That being said who else will go hard after the free agent beyond his current sponsors? Expect Cobra-PUMA Golf to be frontrunners in trying to woo DeLaet into its equipment and apparel, respectively. Nike Golf will likely kick the Canadian's tires for one of its strategic head-to-toe agreements and never count out TaylorMade-adidas Golf, which would probably love to add a player such as DeLaet to its endorsement staff.

[/quote]

Personally I think Cobra/Puma would be a good fit for him. He likes to wear colorful clothes and he could continue to use a ProV1.
[/quote]

From YouTube:
[media=]http://youtu.be/DSNSoC-wiGE[/media][
[/quote]
Looks like a perfect Fit for Puma, Graham likes to stick out on the course!!

This came across the wire today out of left field.

[indent=1][attachment=2005985:hopkinslogo.png][/indent]
[indent=1][b][u][b]HOPKINS[/b][color=#000000]™[/color][b]GOLF SIGNS VIJAY SINGH TO ENDORSEMENT DEAL[/b][/u][/b][/indent]
[indent=1]
NEWPORT BEACH, CA - Jan 3, 2014 – Hopkins Golf has signed Hall of Fame, professional golfer Vijay Singh to a multi-year endorsement contract. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"It's not often that a start-up company signs a player of Vijay's caliber," said Greg Hopkins, Chairman and CEO. "Vijay will not play equipment that doesn't perform, which by itself, says it all for our Hopkins wedges."

Singh will don the Hopkins Golf logo on his headwear, carry a Hopkins Golf staff bag and play the company's wedges. He will be joining more than thirty-five Champions Tour players who put Hopkins wedges in play during the 2013 season. The fifty year-old tour veteran plans on spending the majority of his time on The PGA Tour with a few Champions Tour events added in since finishing second at the Frys.com Open in October.

"Greg Hopkins and I have made a good team for the past fifteen years," said Singh. "Why stop now!"

[b][i]About Hopkins Golf[/i][/b]
Headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., Hopkins Golf, Inc. makes tour authentic equipment at factory-direct pricing. Its current tour staff includes Vijay Singh and Champions Tour players John Huston, Don Pooley, Wayne Levi, Gene Sauers, Bill Glasson, Dan Pohl, Chien Soon Lu, Roger Chapman, Gene Jones, Jim Thorpe, Vicente Fernandez and Calvin Peete. [/indent]

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1388763189' post='8390515']

[indent=1][b][u][b]HOPKINS[/b][color=#000000]™[/color][b]GOLF SIGNS VIJAY SINGH TO ENDORSEMENT DEAL[/b][/u][/b][/indent]
[indent=1]
NEWPORT BEACH, CA - Jan 3, 2014 – Hopkins Golf has signed Hall of Fame, professional golfer Vijay Singh to a multi-year endorsement contract. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"It's not often that a start-up company signs a player of Vijay's caliber," said Greg Hopkins, Chairman and CEO. "Vijay will not play equipment that doesn't perform, which by itself, says it all for our Hopkins wedges."

Singh will don the Hopkins Golf logo on his headwear, carry a Hopkins Golf staff bag and play the company's wedges. He will be joining more than thirty-five Champions Tour players who put Hopkins wedges in play during the 2013 season. The fifty year-old tour veteran plans on spending the majority of his time on The PGA Tour with a few Champions Tour events added in since finishing second at the Frys.com Open in October.

"Greg Hopkins and I have made a good team for the past fifteen years," said Singh. "Why stop now!"

Headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., Hopkins Golf, Inc. makes tour authentic equipment at factory-direct pricing. Its current tour staff includes Vijay Singh and Champions Tour players John Huston, Don Pooley, Wayne Levi, Gene Sauers, Bill Glasson, Dan Pohl, Chien Soon Lu, Roger Chapman, Gene Jones, Jim Thorpe, Vicente Fernandez and Calvin Peete. [/indent]
[/quote]

Not a huge surprise when his son is wearing a hopkins golf hat

[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Titleist SM6 52* KBS TOUR 90 S
Titleist SM6 58* STOCK
Odyssey #7[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1388763189' post='8390515']

[indent=1]

Headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., Hopkins Golf, Inc. makes tour authentic equipment at factory-direct pricing. Its current tour staff includes Vijay Singh and Champions Tour players John Huston, Don Pooley, Wayne Levi, Gene Sauers, Bill Glasson, Dan Pohl, Chien Soon Lu, Roger Chapman, Gene Jones, Jim Thorpe, Vicente Fernandez and Calvin Peete.[/indent]
[/quote]
It was definitely not out of left field. It has been known for a while and pretty much predicted earlier last summer when Greg really rolled out the brand to tour players. He approached quite a few of his old Cleveland players a while back. He and Vijay have been very close for more than a decade. It could not be official until his Cleveland/Srixon expired at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what else he plays. Bet is that he will move to TM for driver/FW. He was playing with a TM driver some in the fall. I would speculate that he will keep his irons for the near term. Other than the wedges he can play anything he prefers now.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381360588' post='7978091']
[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1381359413' post='7977949']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
Adam Scott to TM. Almost a done deal.
[/quote]

Seeing as how Adam just re-signed not thinking he will be leaving Titleist anytime soon. This is sort of like the rumor that Rory was going to Taylor-Made a few years ago.
[/quote]
It will be a mutual split because the koreans are still sour about the Uniqlo deal. BTW, I've heard of this last month when discussing the Rose move.
[/quote]

What have Koreans got to do with it?

UniQlo is Japanese?

[quote name='Paul Stewart Jones' timestamp='1390027378' post='8482279']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381360588' post='7978091']
[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1381359413' post='7977949']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
Adam Scott to TM. Almost a done deal.
[/quote]

Seeing as how Adam just re-signed not thinking he will be leaving Titleist anytime soon. This is sort of like the rumor that Rory was going to Taylor-Made a few years ago.
[/quote]
It will be a mutual split because the koreans are still sour about the Uniqlo deal. BTW, I've heard of this last month when discussing the Rose move.
[/quote]

What have Koreans got to do with it?

UniQlo is Japanese?
[/quote]

Anybody have anything to say about all of this nonsense??? None of the guys that were supposedly "moving" did...

I had reported in at least one thread maybe two back in Novemser that J Rose wasn't going anywhere. I had first hand knowledge. Yet the rumors kept coming.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='Paul Stewart Jones' timestamp='1390027749' post='8482297']
Marcel dime had gone to Wilson from Mizuno.
[/quote]

This is interesting. I didn't notice that.

(assuming you meant Siem)

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

• 2 years later...

Who's contracts are up? All the NIke guys and where they may end up is a great question. They had a lot of talented guys and some have already given a peak into what they might be playing in the coming year. I think the driver will be a big move for some guys this year. You see a lot of Bridgestone, Mizuno, Cleveland guys bagging different drivers. I like to keep up with whom is playing what and there should be some movement this year for sure. I you have anything please share.

addidas has been floating taylor made for sale for a few years now and no takers. Golf equipment business is just really difficult, i dont know how any of them make money anymore

Plenty do. TaylorMade dug their own grave.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

addidas has been floating taylor made for sale for a few years now and no takers. Golf equipment business is just really difficult, i dont know how any of them make money anymore

Can you provide examples of the "plenty" of Golf Equipment companies that make money on equipment i.e., golf clubs sales? Thanks

Christina Kim from the LPGA tweeted she was going to visit PXG this week. Maybe not the most exciting news, but it's something :)

With that being the big news so far, I can see why a thread has been dug up from 2013 as opposed to a new thread being started.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Christina Kim from the LPGA tweeted she was going to visit PXG this week. Maybe not the most exciting news, but it's something :)

People also have to remember that players switch when the current company doesn't want to re-sign them.....That doesn't usually make the headlines, but it happens to a few players every year......

Can you provide examples of the "plenty" of Golf Equipment companies that make money on equipment i.e., golf clubs sales? Thanks

One must also define "making money" as there are different definitions.......Making money is one thing, making enough to make it desirable is another!....Ask Nike or Taylor Made??........They are probably not LOSING $$, just not making enough to justify the effort....

One must also define "making money" as there are different definitions.......Making money is one thing, making enough to make it desirable is another!....Ask Nike or Taylor Made??........They are probably not LOSING $$, just not making enough to justify the effort....

Every company that I'm aware of outside of Titleist made money. Some like Nike and TaylorMade were well below targets. But Titleist actually lost $1 million dollars last year. Hence, the IPO.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Every company that I'm aware of outside of Titleist made money. Some like Nike and TaylorMade were well below targets. But Titleist actually lost $1 million dollars last year. Hence, the IPO.

Let's see what happens if that Kirkland ball dips into the Titieist piece of the market share......