Cross hand golf swing? Possible full swing? My dad says...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe your old man was talking about Charlie Owens. He played cross-handed and had a bad limp from a paratrooper accident I believe. I saw him play on the Senior Tour in the 90's. He hit it very straight.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
Callaway Super Hybrid 20* Tensei Orange X

Callaway X Forged 18* UT 
Ping i210 4-U X100
Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
LAB Blad B2
ProV1

I've got a couple sets if lefty clubs my dad uses when he visits. Every now and then I'll try a couple shots with them. I just use my right handed grip but swing like a lefty. It's not overly difficult, just different because my muscles aren't trained to swing that way

Mizuno JPX EZ @ 10.5 - Motore F1 S
M1 15* - Kuro Kage X
XR Pro 18* Hybrid - NVS 85X
MP-32 4-PW - S300
XFT 52-56-60
Mizuno Bettinardi BC5
K-Sig's baby!

Oh it's possible.....

About 7 or 8 years ago I was playing in a mini-tour pro-am down in Florida and was paired up with Josh Broadaway as my pro.

I'd never heard of him and we literally met on the first tee.

I was watching him take practice swings and noticed that it was an odd move but it didn't register that he was cross-handed. I watched a few more practice swings and had just about decided that it was some type of warm up or release drill. Before I could ask what the cross handed business was all about.....he stepped up and cracked one about 300 right down the middle.

Then we get on the green and I still haven't had a chance to quiz him and notice that he was putting left handed. It was a very confusing experience for the first few holes.

He could flat out play and was a good guy. It was a two day pro-am and although we didn't win - had a blast. I've followed him over the years and am still waiting for him to break through to the big Tour....Web.com last few seasons and hasn't had the success I'd hoped he have but I'm still pulling for him.

The other players all called him Criss-Cross.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

I play cross-handed - have always done so (it is quite common in Ireland due to so many playing hurling as kids). My grip is a bit different, as I interlock my left pinkie between my right index and middle, and start with my thumbs pretty much side by side, though they separate as I start the swing. Most I have played with who are cross-handed are pretty solid ballstrikers, and usually long too.

Like most things, if you do it enough you can make it work, and I create a lot of natural lag because of it. I doubt it will ever be taught though.

I have played with two guys that were cross handed over the last 10 years
Both 3 cappers with solid distance

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

Recently played with a guy who would hit cross handed for SW and in shots. Everything else, normal grip. It was a trip to watch.
I did notice that he used these humongous grips. Like holding a baseball bat. He wasn't that good, but he was making semi decent contact with the crosshanded shots.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Yes it can be done. Yes it has been done. There has actually been 2 big breakers that played this was. Will which is in the current show and a previous show and a guy near the beginning. I have no idea what his name was.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Max 10.5* Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos vs Callaway Max 15*
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Our picks

• **GIVEAWAY** Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour Fairway ENTER NOW!
      Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* fairway giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!

That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!

If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first

• 1,064 replies
    • 2021 Valero Texas Open - discussion & links
      Please put any questions or comments here. 

This week, the PGA Tour is at TPC San Antonio on the Oaks Course for the Valero Texas Open. GolfWRX was on-site Tuesday to catch a glimpse into the bags of some of the world’s top golfers.

The field of 144 is getting ready to battle starting Thursday for the $7.7 million purse, with $1.386 million going to the winner. The tournament is also the last event where players can qualify for The Masters, just like Canadian Corey Conners did last year.

Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.

2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #2 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #3 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #4 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #5 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #6 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #7 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #8  

Cameron putters (added Bernd Wiesberger's custom T-11) -2021 Valero Texas Open Piretti putters -2021 Valero Texas Open Branden Grace testing AutoFlex shaft @ 2021 Valero Texas Open  
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.

• 29 replies
    • **GIVEAWAY** Odyssey Ten Triple Track Putter! ENTER NOW!
      NEW Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!

That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!

If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first

• Thanks
      • 1,599 replies
    • 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here

2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #1
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #2
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #3
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #4
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #5
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #6

Hideki testing putters at WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Odyssey/Toulon Atlanta putter - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play