2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2014 Taylormade TP CB, MC & MB Pics (American release photos and spec sheets)

MorikawaTMAG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384289354' post='8138874']
Did we ever figure out if there was anything to the Corvette trademark issue with regard to TP logo? Couldn't that be a totally legitimate reason why they left it off?
[/quote]

It could be but then why are they using the logo on the shaft?

[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384289036' post='8138842']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1384287947' post='8138746']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384286712' post='8138624']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1384283126' post='8138280']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384282924' post='8138260']
To those that have yet to hit a golf ball with these that are complaining about the badge, no badge, writing, or whatever...if they were the best irons you hit would it still be a deal breaker if the badge wasnt on there?
[/quote]

I think that just making the statement proves that you don't "get it", and no amount of convincing or explaining will help you "get it". I don't mean that as an insult. The badge makes no difference whatsoever performance-wise, and that is not the point.
[/quote]

Actually i do get it...however I am speaking from someone who purely goes off feel and performance. I love the TP logo and what it represents. The problem is a golf manufacture will go after what the majority wants. As much as I love golfwrx this isn't the majority. You would be amazed at how they came to the conclusion they did when it comes to the finished product, or maybe not.
[/quote]

No, I honestly would totally be amazed at how they came to their conclusions. Do tell, please! I am not trying to come off all snarky, I (and apparently more than a few others) would love to hear the reasoning behind why they decided to chose the Tour Preferred text over the TP shield. I understand and appreciate that GolfWRX only represents a small percentage of the golfing consumers, but it seems that almost to a man here everyone prefers the TP logo over the text. I can't imagine that the sample would be skewed simply because people here are more informed than the general consumer. Though, I do realize that the general public will never even be aware that a version with a TP logo even existed when these come to retail.
[/quote]

There is more time put into the cosmetics of the final product than there actually is into the tech behind the club. Long story short, people like you and I do have some input that is payed attention to. Input also comes from the biggest retailers in the industry..ie the ones that sell the majority of sets of irons. Also the employees on the ground such as sales reps and tech reps report back on the feedback they receive from customers. So wherever you may fit into the grand scheme of things your opinion matters, it's just what is the biggest consensus. I would love to see the badge on the clubs, and we very well may.[size=4][b] I saw numerous prototypes and they were all different..[/b][/size]
[/quote]

So, what we are seeing are ALL prototypes? AND not the final product?
With all the pics being released, I would think TM gave the thumbs up to allow that to happen. Which means they would not want to have mixed signals sent out like we are experiencing in this thread. WhazUP?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384289552' post='8138888']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384289036' post='8138842']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1384287947' post='8138746']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384286712' post='8138624']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1384283126' post='8138280']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384282924' post='8138260']
To those that have yet to hit a golf ball with these that are complaining about the badge, no badge, writing, or whatever...if they were the best irons you hit would it still be a deal breaker if the badge wasnt on there?
[/quote]

I think that just making the statement proves that you don't "get it", and no amount of convincing or explaining will help you "get it". I don't mean that as an insult. The badge makes no difference whatsoever performance-wise, and that is not the point.
[/quote]

Actually i do get it...however I am speaking from someone who purely goes off feel and performance. I love the TP logo and what it represents. The problem is a golf manufacture will go after what the majority wants. As much as I love golfwrx this isn't the majority. You would be amazed at how they came to the conclusion they did when it comes to the finished product, or maybe not.
[/quote]

No, I honestly would totally be amazed at how they came to their conclusions. Do tell, please! I am not trying to come off all snarky, I (and apparently more than a few others) would love to hear the reasoning behind why they decided to chose the Tour Preferred text over the TP shield. I understand and appreciate that GolfWRX only represents a small percentage of the golfing consumers, but it seems that almost to a man here everyone prefers the TP logo over the text. I can't imagine that the sample would be skewed simply because people here are more informed than the general consumer. Though, I do realize that the general public will never even be aware that a version with a TP logo even existed when these come to retail.
[/quote]

There is more time put into the cosmetics of the final product than there actually is into the tech behind the club. Long story short, people like you and I do have some input that is payed attention to. Input also comes from the biggest retailers in the industry..ie the ones that sell the majority of sets of irons. Also the employees on the ground such as sales reps and tech reps report back on the feedback they receive from customers. So wherever you may fit into the grand scheme of things your opinion matters, it's just what is the biggest consensus. I would love to see the badge on the clubs, and we very well may.[size=4][b] I saw numerous prototypes and they were all different..[/b][/size]
[/quote]

So, what we are seeing are ALL prototypes? AND not the final product?
With all the pics being released, I would think TM gave the thumbs up to allow that to happen. Which means they would not want to have mixed signals sent out like we are experiencing in this thread. WhazUP?
[/quote]

Maybe TM allowed several of these "samples/prototypes" pics to be released to take the consumers temperature on what they would like to see? That is what I am hoping for anyways...

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384289514' post='8138886']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384289354' post='8138874']
Did we ever figure out if there was anything to the Corvette trademark issue with regard to TP logo? Couldn't that be a totally legitimate reason why they left it off?
[/quote]

It could be but then why are they using the logo on the shaft?
[/quote]

Yeh that would be logical. However, it would not affect whether or not the logo on the heads was infringing. Bottom line, if Corvette wanted to stop them from putting the logo on the heads, they probably just sent a sternly worded letter saying to not do that. Once TMAG gets that letter, there is no such thing as calling them back and saying "Hey, but wait, we already put the logo on the shafts." If they did that, Corvette would probably just send another letter telling them to stop putting it on the shafts.

[quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1384289265' post='8138864']
[quote name='danielpgafrancis' timestamp='1384287837' post='8138724']
Hmmm, they look similar.
[/quote]

The Mizzy cry babies need to get over it. Blades have been around for a VERY long time. The first golf clubs were blades. Most designs today harken back to the 60's designs of MacGregor, Wilson, Spalding, Powerbuilt, etc. The designs have all been done and rehashed and minorly tweaked, just like your little comparison photo side-by-side above.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware the "Mizzy cry babies" (whoever they are?) were bothered about it. Just as I am not bothered about it.
I just saw a similarity and posted it. The MP37 was the first model that came to mind, as a comparison, but I agree with you regarding blade designs over the years.
Sorry if my comparison photo side-by-side, was too "little", I'll enlarge any photos I use in the future.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 Driver, 10°, MRC Diamana B-Series 60-X (from TM European Tour Van)
Nike VR Pro LE 3-wood (Tour Issue 1-dot head), 15°, MRC Diamana Kai' li 70-X
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19°, UST Axivcore Tour Blue 80-X
Titleist 670 Forged Blades 3-PW, FM Precision Flighted Rifle 6.5
Vokey Raw 52° FM Precision Flighted Rifle 6.5
Vokey Raw 56° FM Precision Project-X Satin 6.5
Scotty Cameron JAT Prototype (Circle-T) or
Nike Oven "DF" 006 Prototype

Aren't they (TM) having a corporate meeting this week?
Perhaps it's time to storm the building with our signs............

[color=#FF0000][size=6][b]KEEP THE TP LOGO![/b][/size][/color]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][b]:D[/b][/size][/color]

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384289977' post='8138932']
Aren't they (TM) having a corporate meeting this week?
Perhaps it's time to storm the building with our signs............

[color=#FF0000][size=6][b]KEEP THE TP LOGO![/b][/size][/color]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][b]:D[/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Lol. Hopefully this thread will be placed in front of someone before the final decision is made.

[quote name='Brianbigoats' timestamp='1384290459' post='8138964']
I noticed that the MC & CB have that little notch on the hozel like the RBZ & SpeedBladez i thought that was so bending would be eaisier because the clubs are cast dose the presence of the notch mean that the MC & CB are cast not forged and the MB without a notch are forged?
[/quote]

All forged..

[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384290613' post='8138986']
I noticed that the MC & CB have that little notch on the hozel like the RBZ & SpeedBladez i thought that was so bending would be eaisier because the clubs are cast dose the presence of the notch mean that the MC & CB are cast not forged and the MB without a notch are forged?
[/quote]

All forged..
[/quote]

Then why are the notches needed in the MC & CB but not MB ?

[quote name='Brianbigoats' timestamp='1384291086' post='8139028']
[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1384290613' post='8138986']
[/quote]

All forged..
[/quote]

Then why are the notches needed in the MC & CB but not MB ?
[/quote]

The head is designed just like the speed blade for the tech that is in it. the MB is a similar design but obviously different in some ways..

If I could jump in right here:

[size=4]I sent a message to TaylorMade asking if the FIRST picture we saw was the final product to which they answered:

[i]''[color=#333333]This is not the final version. It's close, but not exactly the cosmetic look we are going to be bringing to market."[/color][/i][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333]A couple hours later, after I thanked for the quick answer, they gave me more:

[size=4][i]"[/i][/size][/color][size=4][i][color=#333333]The TP emblem will not be on the MC iron, other than that, that image is pretty much the version we are launching. We decided to ditch the TP emblem at the last moment before we went ahead with full production plans.''[/color][/i][/size][/size]

[size=4][i][size=4][color=#333333]"[/color][color=#333333]The irons will be available at retail stores in early January. Our national sales meeting is wrapping up in Las Vegas today and all of our sales representatives have been educated on the new products. They will be visiting their accounts later this week and throughout this month to promote all the new products for 2014."[/color][/size][/i][/size]

[size=4]So, there we go. Final version will be with "Tour Preferred" on it. [/size]

[quote name='Golfer_1993' timestamp='1384291947' post='8139098']

[size=4]I sent a message to TaylorMade asking if the FIRST picture we saw was the final product to which they answered:

[i]''[color=#333333]This is not the final version. It's close, but not exactly the cosmetic look we are going to be bringing to market."[/color][/i][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333]A couple hours later, after I thanked for the quick answer, they gave me more:

[size=4][i]"[/i][/size][/color][size=4][i][color=#333333]The TP emblem will not be on the MC iron, other than that, that image is pretty much the version we are launching. We decided to ditch the TP emblem at the last moment before we went ahead with full production plans.''[/color][/i][/size][/size]

[size=4][i][size=4][color=#333333]"[/color][color=#333333]The irons will be available at retail stores in early January. Our national sales meeting is wrapping up in Las Vegas today and all of our sales representatives have been educated on the new products. They will be visiting their accounts later this week and throughout this month to promote all the new products for 2014."[/color][/size][/i][/size]

[size=4]So, there we go. Final version will be with "Tour Preferred" on it. [/size]
[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. TM ditches the logo and I ditch TM, classic. Very disappointing to say the least but at least we know the guessing game is over.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384292525' post='8139128']

[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. TM ditches the logo and I ditch TM, classic. Very disappointing to say the least but at least we know the guessing game is over.
[/quote]

So you are done with TM bc of a logo?

TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5  w/ Graphite Design MJ 5
TaylorMade M6 14 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
PXG 0317X 17 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
PXG 0311T 3-PW w/ KBS TGI 100
PXG 0311 Milled 54/60 w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Bridgestone Tour B X 

[quote name='TLfan' timestamp='1384292876' post='8139156']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384292525' post='8139128']

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are done with TM bc of a logo?
[/quote]

No, but I will not be preordering these though like I was planning on doing before.

[size=4][i]"[/i][/size][/color][size=4][i][color=#333333]The TP emblem will not be on the MC iron, other than that, that image is pretty much the version we are launching. [size=5][b]We decided to ditch the TP emblem at the last moment[/b][/size] before we went ahead with full production plans.''[/color][/i][/size][/size]

[/quote]

[b]STUPID DECISION![/b]