2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

GIVEAWAY: TaylorMade Ultimate JetSpeed Experience with Hank Haney! Enter here!

HipCheck

Win a chance to play in the Franklin-Templeton Shark Shootout Pro-Am with your new, custom-fit set of TaylorMade clubs that include the new JetSpeed metal woods. Other prizes include:

• 4-nights and the Ritz Carlton at Tiburon (Monday, December 9-Friday, December 13)
  • Golf at Tiburon
  • Play and get lessons from world-renowned instructor Hank Haney!

Seven (7) lucky GolfWRX Members will be chosen to win this incredible TaylorMade Golf Experience and ONE (1) of those selected with get the grand prize, a spot in the Franklin-Templeton Shootout Pro-Am!

TO ENTER

TaylorMade's new Speed Pocket makes the SLDR fairway woods lower spinning and higher launching than the RBZ Stage 2 Tour fairway woods, and it’s safe to say that golfers will likely see the same from JetSpeed, as higher-launching, lower-spinning metalwood shots are the key to helping most golfers unlock more distance.

In a post below, state why you're a candidate for JetSpeed metal woods and their low and forward center of gravity. Please try to use 100 words or less. Also include your location (town/state) and current handicap.

Winners will be chosen based on their entry by on or about Monday, November 25. Good luck!

RULES

======================================================================================================

Complete rules for the giveaway

======================================================================================================

Link to winner thread

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a golfer with a steep angle of attack I always struggle with producing too much spin on the golf ball. Balooning has always been my number one problem so it sounds as if the JetSpeed could help in finding the answer to lowering my spin. The Ritz at Tiburon is also an amazing property and would love a chance to go back to the property!

Handicap - 7
Newport, RI

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

As a former winner of this trip "RocketBladez Ultimate Experience" I can tell you that the 7 guys picked are going to absolutely love it there!! Hotel is incredible and you're surrounded by players the entire time (host hotel).

Good luck guys !!!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.... ;)

[attachment=1958242:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958244:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958246:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958248:image.jpg]

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

If the Jetspeeds are better than the RBZ Tour, than I have to try them. The original RBZ technology was such a change for my bag, but boy did it work. It these are even more forgiving, with the same ball speeds and less spin count me in.

Location Winston-Salem, NC
Handicap. Current 3.8

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1385050491' post='8183546']
As a former winner of this trip "RocketBladez Ultimate Experience" I can tell you that the 7 guys picked are going to absolutely love it there!! Hotel is incredible and you're surrounded by players the entire time (host hotel).

Good luck guys !!!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.... ;)

[attachment=1958242:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958244:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958246:image.jpg]

[attachment=1958248:image.jpg]
[/quote]

that was a great night

im a candidate for the jetspeed clubs because i love new stuff!
just kidding, good luck, those 7 guys will have an awesome time.

PS: from the 5th floor is 170 carry to the 18th green. closest to the pin is 25 feet

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

I am all in. Also want to meet Hank. This is my story. I am not as good as I claim to be, I know I know its hard to believe but now with a young child i no longer can bust it out there 320 anymore. I am looking for clubs now that with high launch low spin so I can relive my youth.

I live in central NJ
handicap 0 wait wait trending to 10

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

My swing produces a VERY high rate of spin and a very high launch angle. I have moved away from Taylormade drivers this year after 5+ years of playing with them. I am ready to move back to TM drivers and the JetSpeed's LCG would most definitely help with my high spin/launch rates. I need a driver that I can launch out with my playing partners again. As well, I really haven't played an awesome, well known course like [color="#282828"]Tiburon. Would love to have the opportunity to play a course like this.[/color]

[color=#282828]Taylormade/GolfWRX, please give me the opportunity to get my lost distance back with the new JetSpeed. Gosh, I sure need it back.[/color]

[color=#282828]Ada, OK[/color]
[color=#282828]Handicap - GHIN 5.2[/color]

[quote name='youngwaldo' timestamp='1385050961' post='8183602']
I am all in. Also want to meet Hank. This is my story. I am not as good as I claim to be, I know I know its hard to believe but now with a young child i no longer can bust it out there 320 anymore. I am looking for clubs now that with high launch low spin so I can relive my youth.

I live in central NJ
handicap 0 wait wait trending to 10

Wk
[/quote]It would be cool to win this trip two years in a roll! You still gaming the full bag that you got from last years trip? Congrats on the little one :)

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

The Jetspeed would be great for me because I tend to launch the ball very low with a very low trajectory. Something higher launching would help me gain some distance while also helping me gain some yards once the ball hits the ground. I'm a good golfer, been playing 28 out of my 29 years of being alive, but feel this is the one thing holding me back.

State College, Pa
Handicap ~8

WITB 2015:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

I have always had issues getting my 3 wood into the air. The only time I have ever felt comfortable with a wood off the deck was my old taylormade 4 wood. I really would like to find a 3 wood that I could hit off the deck. A good 3 wood with a lesson from Hank would be priceless.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Hometown Richmond, VA
Handicap 1

The reason I should win is simple, because I have permission from my wife to win.

Driver: Epic, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec
3Wood: Titlest 917, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec
Hybrid: Cobra Fly Z, Fujikura Pro
Irons: 4 - PW, Mizuno MP-15, DG X-flex soft stepped
Wedges: 50" Hogan, 54 Vokey M grind/ 58 SM6 K Grind - KBS Tour
Putter: Scotty, Newport 2.6
Ball: Taylor Made TP5
"How come when some of the most successful people put on golf shoes their IQ drops 50 points?" -Me

I am a HUGE TM fan and would love to take part in the trip. Low and forward COG would, no doubt, lower my spin, increase my launch angle, and help me get to places in the fairway I don't usually get to. I also think I would hit it off big with Hank. I am a better player than Charles, have a better outlook than Ray, am less polarizing than Rush, and a better athlete than Phelps (ok, so I made up the last part). I'd be a joy for him to work with by comparison, and a great ambassador for the brand during the trip. Thanks and see you in Naples! Ha Ha!

Richmond, VA.
Handicap - 7

When I got the chance to hit the SLDR, the low forward CG worked phenomenally for my swing. I've never hit it farther, just didn't care for the feel. If they improve that, these clubs will be MONEY! The opportunity to chat with Hank would be unreal!

College Station, Texas
Handicap-10.7

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

Because of the current economic situation I haven't made any changes to my bag in years. I currently have in my bag an original R9 driver, V-Steel 3w, Rescue Dual 19* hybrid and original Rac OS irons. The new technology would help me greatly, I produce too much spin with my woods and have never been fitted for clubs. My goal is to play 60+ rounds in 2014. Haney lessons wouldn't hurt me either!

Handicap: 12

Wow! What a trip!

Being that I am re-vamping my Driver/Wood set-up, this prize would be a great launch point. Some lessons from hank would be an absolute blast as well. Being that my swing speed isn't all that great, the higher launch will greatly help. The lower spin would also help my tendency to come across the ball. An awesome product and an awesome opportunity.

Baltimore, MD
HCP - ~16

The JetSpeed products not only look slick, but reduced spin and high launch would be awesome! My 3 wood launches a bit too low for me to hit it effectively at times, and I'm always looking for more distance on my drives. Maybe I have a steep angle of attack, but it's been a few years since my last lesson... It would be beyond incredible to get a lesson from Hank!

San Francisco, CA
Handicap 8

I would be a great candidate because as a father of 5 I don't get to go out and play that much (maybe 2-3 times a month). When I do I play decent (I hit balls into my net in the garage), but the long game just isn't there. It would be great to win this not just for the sticks, but for Mr. Haney to help me fine tune my game when I get to play. My handicap is an 8.

Oh my what a great opportunity!

With my higher handicap and steeper AoA I can almost always use less spin! As my game improves, my equipment needs to improve with it. I'd be a great candidate for the TM Jetspeeds!

Rochester, NY
HC - 23

Titleist 915 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 15*
Titleist AP1 4-5
Titleist AP2 6-P
Vokey SM6 52/58
Toulon Design Rochester

[color=#282828]I have a Calaway Driver and 2 generations old TM / RB 3 and 4 hybrids. The timing is perfect to move up to a TaylorMade JetSpeed set. As if that was not incentive enough. Meeting and working with Hank Haney is a bucket list goal, and to visit and play [/color][color=#282828]4-nights and the Ritz Carlton at Tiburon - Wow. [/color]

[color=#282828]Lincoln City, OR[/color]
[color=#282828]10[/color]

This seems like a great and fun opportunity for a trip of a lifetime! I deloft the club at impact and hit the ball really low so I think the higher launch of the TM Jetspeed woods could go great with my game! Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of money lying around, so this trip is probably the only chance I'll have to get some new fairway woods in my bag! Plus, how much of a thrill would it be to meet Hank Haney?!

Good luck to everyone!

Minneapolis, MN
GHIN - ~1

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

I would Love this! I recently had an opportunity to have Hank Haney give me some pointers and they have been helping my game! I would love a chance to get a follow up lesson and some more tips from Hank! I am a 15 handicap and a very competitive golfer that loves the game of golf I tried the new Taylor Made clubs and they are on my Christmas list. Hope I get a chance to work with Hank Again!

I would treasure the opportunity to play the new JetSpeeds. A Ping player for years, the RBZ woods performance finally knocked me out of the "one brand bag" habit. And now TaylorMade's outdone those!?! Wow!

About me: I am pretty much the epitome of an average player, iced away in Kalamazoo, MI. Currently a 19HCP, I am actually looking forward to that number skyrocketing - my wife and I just adopted our first child.

It would be great to have Mr. Haney solidify my fundamentals and teach me training habits so my game could improve even with my focus being on something much more important than golf next summer.

Oh man, I'd love to win this. I only have the time to play once or twice a month, and really need to focus on playing and practicing consistently this year. This trip sounds like it would provide just the motivation I need to become a serious golfer. I'll never get the benefit out of this that the low handicap guys will, but it would be a hell of a trip. And maybe switch out all the Titleist in my bag for TaylorMade.

Washington, DC
Handicap ~25

I'm an 18 handicap, currently in the process of transitioning from the woods I use now to a set that's properly fit for me. I haven't had the opportunity to get into a legitimate shop, that offers club fitting for my swing style/speed, and has an outdoor hitting range. I do have a lower ball flight, and would love to get fit into some clubs that bring my ball flight up. I was actually interested in looking at this line when I saw their release. I currently play TaylorMade woods, but they're off the rack with no fitting whatsoever.

Camp Pendleton, CA
18 hdcp