Winter hoing has began already........oh no

Gbyeball

I was so proud of myself for playing the same clubs all this past season. I have officaly fallen off the wagon.

It all started with Golftowns demo sale at the begining of November. I resisted going into one of the stores for almost a week. I ended up going in finding an x hot pro 20* hybrid which I bought played a round with and loved it. So I had to go back and buy the x hot pro 4 wood. Played that, too fade bias for me so back it went for full refund. All is good just bought a hybrid thats not so bad.

Ebay got me. I do like the x hot look and feel so I scored a killer deal last week on a x hot non pro 4 wood. There is snow on the ground all courses are closed so hit it in the dome, very nice, happy happy.

As of last night I am now the proud owner of a non pro x hot driver 9.5 with a diamana blue board shaft for another great price (3 balls got more of my money on ebay). So it is not even December and I am already out of control. I can see this happening in February from sheer bordedom but not now, not already. I blame it on snow coming so soon this year, it certainly isn't the fact I am weak and powerless. Well maybe a little

Any other of my cold climate cousins going down the same road yet???

Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Callaway X hot pro 20* hybrid
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Callaway X tour 50*' 54* & 58*
Scotty newport

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I sure hope we get don't have a long winter like the past one. I always end up replacing clubs that i've bought that I never even take out to the course. Ridiculous.

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

I just clicked over from eBay as we speak and saw this
also have a piece of paper with 3 different bag options
boredom at its finest

already changed some things out that didnt see the light of day

sickness, illness, whatever ya wanna call it .... I got it
im good w it tho!! LOL!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1385746858' post='8225182']
boredom at its finest

im good w it tho!! LOL!
[/quote]

I enjoyed reading about your retro bag. Did you get a chance to play it before the courses closed down.

Your thread got me thinking about doing the same thing. I have Wishon 550 C heads in 2- PW that I could have shafted up, and old Adams three wood, couple old Cleveland wedges. Just need to buy some beat up old bag from the thrift store.

Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Scotty newport

[quote name='Gbyeball' timestamp='1385745784' post='8225104']
I was so proud of myself for playing the same clubs all this past season. I have officaly fallen off the wagon.

It all started with Golftowns demo sale at the begining of November. I resisted going into one of the stores for almost a week. I ended up going in finding an x hot pro 20* hybrid which I bought played a round with and loved it. So I had to go back and buy the x hot pro 4 wood. Played that, too fade bias for me so back it went for full refund. All is good just bought a hybrid thats not so bad.

Ebay got me. I do like the x hot look and feel so I scored a killer deal last week on a x hot non pro 4 wood. There is snow on the ground all courses are closed so hit it in the dome, very nice, happy happy.

As of last night I am now the proud owner of a non pro x hot driver 9.5 with a diamana blue board shaft for another great price (3 balls got more of my money on ebay). So it is not even December and I am already out of control. I can see this happening in February from sheer bordedom but not now, not already. I blame it on snow coming so soon this year, it certainly isn't the fact I am weak and powerless. Well maybe a little

[/quote]

Prepare for some serious grief lol. There is NO way that X Hot driver is gonna knock out your baby...the V2,

[quote name='Gbyeball' timestamp='1385748094' post='8225272']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1385746858' post='8225182']
boredom at its finest

im good w it tho!! LOL!
[/quote]

I enjoyed reading about your retro bag. Did you get a chance to play it before the courses closed down.

Your thread got me thinking about doing the same thing. I have Wishon 550 C heads in 2- PW that I could have shafted up, and old Adams three wood, couple old Cleveland wedges. Just need to buy some beat up old bag from the thrift store.
[/quote]

no I didnt plat after the first week of July this year
had other commitments, so summer was a bust
but i committed to a new club i was a member at 2 years ago, so this year will be different

my retro bag is slowly becoming a new bag!! LOL!
a few things will remain the same, as I know better than to replace what works

right now, the revolving door is the driver & irons

It's pretty cold here and golf is done, but for some reason I am eagerly checking the progress of delivery of my new Strong 3wood, a Tour Edge Exotics XCSG6.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

[quote name='freddyottawa' timestamp='1385746267' post='8225130']
Yes.

I sure hope we get don't have a long winter like the past one. I always end up replacing clubs that i've bought that I never even take out to the course. Ridiculous.
[/quote]

Freddie I see in your sig it shows irons : TBD

That is a very dangerous position to be in so early in the winter!!! Anything catch your fancy or interest?

Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Scotty newport

[quote name='Gbyeball' timestamp='1385750263' post='8225398']
Yes.

[/quote]

That is a very dangerous position to be in so early in the winter!!! Anything catch your fancy or interest?
[/quote]

99% sure it is going to be the S55's. I'm doing my due dilligence before buying them. I really do not want to be changing irons a whole bunch of times before spring rolls around. Irons are something I don't like to change that often. The same can't be said for everything else mind you.

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

Just picked up a pair of 2014 Adidas golf shoes. Maybe I can wear them around the house!!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='freddyottawa' timestamp='1385750598' post='8225414']
[quote name='Gbyeball' timestamp='1385750263' post='8225398']
Yes.

[/quote]

[/quote]

99% sure it is going to be the S55's. I'm doing my due dilligence before buying them. I really do not want to be changing irons a whole bunch of times before spring rolls around. Irons are something I don't like to change that often. The same can't be said for everything else mind you.
[/quote]

same
i like trying to get a set in order and keep em
doesnt always work, but thats the plan

drivers can be rotated daily no problem, LOL!

[/quote]

Yea, well in 2013 so far I have purchased a whole new bag. Started with G25 Driver, bought the 3 wood too cause I hit it well at the PGA show. Replaced a Titleist 910H with a xhot 3 utility. Was fitted for xhot pro irons, really wanted the Rocketbladez Tour irons so ordered them and sold the xhot pros. Wedges changed from Volkey to Scratch, and putter from an Edel to Seemore M3. Now have my eyes on AP1 714's,...........swore my bag was set for next year!!! Conceded that I could wait until spring on the AP2' s. Date has moved until early January, checking the bay daily and Discount Dan's black Friday sales...........does this tell you anything. Once a ho always a ho!!!!

I will not buy.....
I will not buy.....
Maybe I will buy....

[quote name='Micrys2' timestamp='1385755587' post='8225682']

[/quote]

Yea, well in 2013 so far I have purchased a whole new bag. Started with G25 Driver, bought the 3 wood too cause I hit it well at the PGA show. Replaced a Titleist 910H with a xhot 3 utility. Was fitted for xhot pro irons, really wanted the Rocketbladez Tour irons so ordered them and sold the xhot pros. Wedges changed from Volkey to Scratch, and putter from an Edel to Seemore M3. Now have my eyes on AP1 714's,...........swore my bag was set for next year!!! Conceded that I could wait until spring on the AP2' s. Date has moved until early January, checking the bay daily and Discount Dan's black Friday sales...........does this tell you anything. Once a ho always a ho!!!!

I will not buy.....
I will not buy.....
Maybe I will buy....
[/quote]

The first step is to admit we have a problem... :tomato:[size=4] [/size]

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

I now have three 4-woods, X Hot, X Hot Pro, XCG5... I'm watching An XCG6 on Ebay. After last year I have vowed to not buy anther club til the new stuff is out. It's killing me to stay out of GG where they have a SLDR HL3-wood. I will not buy anything until the X2 Hot hits the market. It's been very tough to not replace my G 25 3h with a X Hot Pro 3h also. Problem is I really like both of those hybrids. Winter is a b!t€#.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

I just bought a new iron set and a handful of shafts to try in them. Won't get to hit them other than into a net for at least a few months.

I am sure there will be at least one or two putter acquisitions before it's over too

G25 8.5* - Speeder TS 7.2x
RBZ Stage2 TS - Black Tie 8M3x
Anser 17* - SteelFiber 95x
J40 CB 4-PW - ss X100
J15 54/58
TM Spider Mallet

It was cold and crappy today, but I was able to play a round at Pacific Dunes this evening with a close friend. We traveled to our local indoor golf establishment and I validated every purchase that I have made in the last three months. When my 949 fairway wood arrives I will have another excuse to play a fictitious round of winter golf. I truly envy those of you living in warming climates, but fear what I would purchase if the weather were nice year round.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

You guys need to pick up a winter hobby; something other than golf. I'm a skier, so needless to say with the early arrival of winter, I'm positively giddy! Last winter, I bought a new driver on-line during the Black Friday madness. It was April before I go a chance to hit it for real out of doors. That pretty much sucked, so I vowed to steer clear of all the deals that are out there in golf equipment right now. Who knows, my mind could be in a completely different place by next spring. In the mean time, I will direct my spending towards something I'm going to actually make use of in the next few months. Even my wife has not only been supportive, but helpful in feeding the beast! ;)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Being a college kid I wish I had the money to ho around like you guys. But lucky for me I live in the south and can pretty much play year round.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I've been pretty good so far this year. Last round was in late Oct. I've gotten an i20 3 wood and 4 scratch wedges. Haha

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1385766208' post='8226240']
[quote name='Micrys2' timestamp='1385755587' post='8225682']

I will not buy.....
I will not buy.....
Maybe I will buy....
[/quote]

The first step is to admit we have a problem... :tomato:
[/quote]

Don't tell me about it. I'm that most dangerous of animals, a DIY would-be clubmaker who knows enough to change shafts and grips. So even when I've stopped experimenting on clubs there's still the lure of shafts and grips.

I'm feeling very twitchy since I love my AP1 irons (all 3 sets) and my Nike and Mizuno wedges (all 4, not to mention about 8 others I own and like). Bought a set of Nippon 950 shafts but haven't fitted them yet because I need to get some 10g tip weights to achieve the swingweight I want. It goes on........ Now I'm eying up Nike VR irons - Full Cavity, Pro Cavity.......

[quote name='rjcejka' timestamp='1385766442' post='8226262']
Just bought a set of Adams CMB irons because they were on sale for $799 and I wanted to get them before someone else bought them out from under me. I'm in Maine. It's 15 degrees out. No one would have bought them until May when we play again. Dumb.
[/quote]

I bet there were 15 other WRX readers after that set who are cursing you as we speak........