NSMGA

One_Putt_Blunder

Decided to join the North Scottsdale Mens Golf Association this year with Medicaptain wanted to share it with you guys if you are not familiar with it. http://www.nsmga.org/ Primary rotation of courses is the Troon Managed tracks plus Vista Verde and Tonto Verde. Events every week on Sundays

Overall the cost is what really surprised me they managed to keep it reasonable in fact many events are close to the same price you would pay if you played solo via golfnow etc.

Tim played in it last year said it was very well run with a great range of ability and very enjoyable. I am playing my first even this weekend at Troon Monument for $73

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice....I joined as well...actually a few of us joined. The Championship Players Tour folded for all but the pro and scratch golfers. So we had the choice btw Golf Channel and this one.

Nice...good luck this Saturday Matt! I am playing in a 2 man at Raven Sat otherwise I would have played Troon for $73(what a deal). That event is the last one for 2013. The 2014 schedule looks awesome - first 4 are Vista, Southern Dunes, Cattail, Estrealla Mountain...

Kinda bummed the first couple are on tracks i love but run up against nfl playoffs. Might play Vista or Southern Dunes depending on 49ers schedule.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='ckguy914' timestamp='1387082012' post='8301943']
I am intrigued about this. Clubs that plays the same course over and over are getting old.
[/quote]

Pretty solid schedule prob end up playing 15 to 20 events skipping courses that I'm not fond of or are too far out. Actually never mind Calvin its horrible (just realized I'd have no chance at skins money if you joined :-) )

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='Olson12' timestamp='1387207875' post='8307285']
I'm interested in this. how would the first few events work for handicap? Do you have to play a minimum number of rounds for the league handicap?
[/quote]

[color=#000000][email protected] is the email I have. Drop a line...I could not find anything in mails sent to me or on the site.[/color]

[quote name='puttnforthe8' timestamp='1387209581' post='8307441']
[quote name='Olson12' timestamp='1387207875' post='8307285']
I'm interested in this. how would the first few events work for handicap? Do you have to play a minimum number of rounds for the league handicap?
[/quote]

[color=#000000][email protected] is the email I have. Drop a line...I could not find anything in mails sent to me or on the site.[/color]
[/quote]

Blake my guess is you would be playing in the gross score/skins until you had an nsmga handicap. Registration is 150 through today then goes to 175

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='teejaywhy' timestamp='1387299750' post='8313003']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1386981233' post='8297075']
Kinda bummed the first couple are on tracks i love but run up against nfl playoffs.
[/quote]

You could get lucky if the Niners tank and the Cards take one of the wildcards. :drinks:
[/quote]

That is why the DVR was invented...

PING G435 LS    10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 LST  16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G435 20* Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex
PING i525 4-PW w/ PX LZ 5.5 shafts
PING Glide Pro   50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  shafts

PING Heppler Tyne     

I'm interested in this as well. Nice tracks.

PING Heppler Tyne     

Played the event at troon last weekend very well run and organized they are pace oriented to and have slow play penalties which is nice. Only thing I am not a huge fan of is they do not abide by desert rule. Have to play Provisional if you find your first you can play it or take unplayable but if you can't find it you have to play provisional which is stroke and distance.

I understand why they did it too many arguments over point of last crossing but one bad shot really kills you if you aren't lucky.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I am about to join. My first event will be at Southern Dunes.

Matt does everyone play from the same tee? Or they designate tee depending on flight?

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

I think they flight it, usually between 66 and 6800 for us

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1387590089' post='8330017']
Played the event at troon last weekend very well run and organized they are pace oriented to and have slow play penalties which is nice. Only thing I am not a huge fan of is they do not abide by desert rule. Have to play Provisional if you find your first you can play it or take unplayable but if you can't find it you have to play provisional which is stroke and distance.

I understand why they did it too many arguments over point of last crossing but one bad shot really kills you if you aren't lucky.
[/quote]

I played with two of my buddies today and I started telling them about this... one of my buddies chimes in... yea a friend of mine that works for Glendale Fire was telling me about this, I looked at him and said "Tim". Yep, Tim told him all about it. We are probably joining next week. Calvin, looks like I may have talked James into joining.

PING Heppler Tyne     

FYI from today's email all new members who elect to participate in the prize fund are only eligible for gross score and will play in the first fight. Once their NSMGA index is established they can play net events and will be flighted accordingly.

Think that answers a few of the earlier questions.

Kevin and Calvin I hope to see you guys out there. I will probably do Vista if it doesn't conflict with the niners.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

^^ Ahh...not sure how I feel about that one.....I wondered about this...when I was checking out scores I saw a lot of guys that were single digit GHIN hc being given double digit hcs for NMSGA events.

So it sounds like one should not pay for the prize fund until a HC is established with them....saves $15 each event.

Hopefully I will be at Vista ill know for sure after the games tomorrow.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='kvnhlstd' timestamp='1387680666' post='8333863']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1387590089' post='8330017']

[/quote]

I played with two of my buddies today and I started telling them about this... one of my buddies chimes in... yea a friend of mine that works for Glendale Fire was telling me about this, I looked at him and said "Tim". Yep, Tim told him all about it. We are probably joining next week. Calvin, looks like I may have talked James into joining.
[/quote]

Yep!...thats me.

I played in 15-17 events last year. Fantastic group, very well organized......VERY. The 3 guys who run it put in HOURS upon HOURS for all of our benefit. Nothing is ever perfect for everyone, but after 3 CC's, GC Am. tour and other various Mens Clubs, this is the best group I have played with. Wide range of skills, speed of play is emphasized....LOTS of Provisional balls in play as Matt stated earlier. The Fedex style championship playoffs , club championship and the verde cup (Ryder cup style) were fantastic and a ton of fun. I have no complaints after my first year, the one thing I would like to see is more play from the back tees.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and out there this year....I have a feeling this group is about to explode in participation...65 people for the season opener next week already

Epic Project X LZ 6.0
Epic 15* Project X LZ 6.0
19* and 23* Titleist 916H2
2018 X-Forged Proj X 5-P
MD3 50, 54, 58
PXG Dagger

Registered for Vista Verde

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='ckguy914' timestamp='1388876840' post='8398681']
Wow, 105 players signed up for tomorrow!
[/quote]

I think we finished with 109 or so players...COLD morning....good day of golf for everyone, it only gets better from here. Someone I know needs to pay the extra fee for CTPs!!!!!.....hope you all got to play in a good group, some good people in this group. I still feel like I'm in the twilight zone on the VV greens....

Looking forward to the rest of the year!.....these guys put a lot of work into this for our benefit

Epic Project X LZ 6.0
Epic 15* Project X LZ 6.0
19* and 23* Titleist 916H2
2018 X-Forged Proj X 5-P
MD3 50, 54, 58
PXG Dagger

[quote name='Medicaptain' timestamp='1388977164' post='8405841']
[quote name='ckguy914' timestamp='1388876840' post='8398681']
Wow, 105 players signed up for tomorrow!
[/quote]

I think we finished with 109 or so players...COLD morning....good day of golf for everyone, it only gets better from here. [b]Someone I know needs to pay the extra fee for CTPs[/b]!!!!!.....hope you all got to play in a good group, some good people in this group. I still feel like I'm in the twilight zone on the VV greens....

Looking forward to the rest of the year!.....these guys put a lot of work into this for our benefit
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder by far best golf shot of the year for me given the temp and wind. Great time today lots of good lessons learned. looking forward to playing more events once January winds down. So much stuff going on NFL Barrett Jackson WM Open all in the next few weeks.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Unfortunately I played bad and had a bad part of the group(one person). I could not warm up in the cold and was "locked up" all morning. Lesson learned for VV: bundle up extra! When it finally warmed up I just got so many bad bounces...like on the Par 5 3rd, where I hit driver(best hit of the day) only to get up there and find that I reached the wash and was in the middle of a bush. :angry22: Then I let it get in my head and made a mess of many other holes!

One of the guys we played with kept telling everyone what to do and how to play the whole 18. Technically he probably should have had a penalty called for advice. He kept on telling his buddy what club to hit, what line to putt, etc. He kept trying to tell us we should do this and that...it was real annoying. The other guys were fine.