2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Hayzooos' WITB (2016.06.04) - Matte LTD Pro is HERE

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1397676559' post='9105851']
Love the bag.... I still have the putter and don't plan on ever letting it go. I tried the Versa WBW 1w but the Black Tour just feels better and makes more putts.
[/quote]

Yup, I bought the Versa W/B/W #1W last year the SECOND it came out. Saw it first on the CallaWRX trip and pleaded with Koske to let me take that one home. No dice. So I bought it myself literally the day it came out. Used it for a while, learned I really like that head shape,and when pre-owned had that deal last fall, I jumped on the milled one. I forgot how much I like milled putters. I've been playing an insert Odyssey of some sort for quite some time, probably since the last Scotty I had in HS, back in the late 90s.

I toyed around with a Nike Method Core MC04W for a bit last year too, but that had a little too much junk in the trunk. Probably didn't give it enough time, but I got the Black TD shortly after and knew I liked that one better.

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1397677047' post='9105913']
hayzooos, where did you get the Bucky Badger headcover? Looks great. I want one for obvious reasons. Just got three inches of snow dumped on me. :(
[/quote]

I'll give you the answer but you're not going to like it. My Ma actually got it for me many moons ago, honestly probably 10-12 years ago. I worked at URidge for 5 years through some of HS and college. I think she either got it there or at one of the University Book Stores, pretty sure it was one of the book stores. I wore that thing OUT as I always used it. For the last 4-5 years I didn't use it as the sock was so beat up it wouldn't stay on anything. My 3 year old daughter found it and took a liking to it right away. Then I remembered my sister knew how to knit, so I asked what she'd be able to do. She knit me a Badgers headcover (black yarn, red 'w' on the top) and it was good, but I asked if she could re-make a sock for the Bucky you see pictured. First I had to sneak it away from my 3 year old, then I gave it to her, she had to pry it away from her 2 year old son and gave it to me as a Christmas gift.

I searched for a long, long time trying to find the same one to replace this one and was never able to. Most of the Bucky headcovers are a hideous looking "Badger" (more like a rabid wolf or something) on top, which I never really cared for.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='freeze1617' timestamp='1397739876' post='9110735']
Come on man, Woods in the back. Wedges and putter in front
[/quote]

You know it. That way when it's on a cart (or standing up, doesn't matter) I don't have to push woods aside to grab an iron or a putter or whatever else. Longest clubs in the back, IT MAKES SENSE!!!!!

Y'all can do it backwards all you want because it's the 'normal' look. I do it the way it makes logical sense to me :)

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

this is why I also put the woods on the left side of the bag and irons on the right
don't need to dangle through head covers to find an iron

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

nice bag... time to change the sig.

Love seeing all the Apex... spoke with a few on Monday at a tourney that made the switch.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='daryguy77' timestamp='1398289482' post='9154925']
Have any pics of your Anser Hybrid? And would you be willing to part with it lol.... :)
[/quote]

Not yet, and very possibly. I just ordered a Recoil 110 F4 that's going into my 18* XUtility. I should have it early next week (it'll be ready Friday but I'm out of town until late Sunday evening, trying to set up a round for Monday). If that works out, I might not have a need for the Anser hybrid. If I decide to get rid of it, I'll shoot you a PM before posting it anywhere.

I keep saying I need to update my sig and the pictures, but I first need to decide what I'm actually going to be playing first, ha!

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

• 1 month later...

I need to update pictures...badly. What's listed there isn't close to what's in the bag. Well, I guess the irons, wedges, and putter are the same, and the 3 wood, but everything else has changed.

I'm playing a 2Deep with a Fubuki ZT 70-X at 43" as a driver right now. Initial thoughts are I love it. So much more control off the tee and I don't think I'm giving up too much yardage, but I'm not 100% sure on that. There's a limit to what I'm willing to give up, and if it comes to it, then I'll be in search of a new driver (yay!) Even misses are still very much in play, even on the pretty tight courses I usually play.

I'm in the process of building another club like this, Wishon 919F/D. It's 11*, 1* open, 55* lie angle and it has a RIP Alpha 70-S tipped an inch. Going to play 43.25". It's put together, but I need to add some weight to it. Nice thing about component clubs is there's always room for that. I'm putting a 9g weight in the sole port and had I done the work myself, I would've added a weight in the hosel port as well, but alas, that wasn't the case, so I'm either going to wrap some lead tape up and put it in the sole port with the 9g weight, or just put the lead tape on the bottom of the club to look more player ;). Not really.

3 wood isn't going anywhere, I love that thing. I have a Diablo Edge Tour 18* 5 wood that I've been tinkering around with lately as well. I put an AXE Fairway shaft in it, and I like the shaft, but I should've either tipped it more than an inch (I got the stiff version as since it's made for fairway woods, I was worried about the tip being too stiff) or just gone with the Tour Stiff and been done with that. I've always leaned towards too stiff in hopes to keep things straighter as other experiments I've tried going the other way usually haven't panned out all that well.

The Apex 3 iron is still around, but it's been replaced by the X Utility brought back from the dead due to a re-shaft. I put a Recoil 110 F4 in there and ripped the PXi 6.5 out. Me and PXi just don't get along. Recoil feels awesome, no doubt about that. Sweet feeling shaft and makes me want to try more graphite in my irons. It's great off the tee for when I need to keep it a little bit lower and looking for that specific distance.

While I'm not having issues with my wedges, I really wanted to try that new Nippon wedge shaft. So I decided to buy one of the shafts (WV 115) and I bought two SCOR heads (52/58). I'm going to try it out in the 52 first. Heads should be here tomorrow and I already have the shaft, so it's just a matter of time before they come together. If I like the shaft, then it's decision time to play the SCOR heads with them or put those shafts in the MD2 wedges I have now. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings, hope everyone's season is going well!

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Pretty solid my friend.

How'd that FD and weight slug work out??

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

[quote name='AlGolf13' timestamp='1401343316' post='9387387']
I have the same ahina shaft in my i20. How are you liking it?
[/quote]

I was playing the Ahina in the G25 for a while and it worked out pretty well, but I just got fed up with the driver in general. I don't know if it was the look or what, but I had some success with the G25 in spurts, but never as consistent as I wanted it to be. Anser is kind of in the same boat as I got a good deal on the 9.5* and I think it's just too low of loft. Not only that, all the Ping adapter-ed (is that word?) shafts I have but one are low/low so they didn't really work out in the Anser. I never tested numbers, but that spin must've been constantly under 2000 but with a launch probably somewhere around 10-12* which just won't work out.

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1401343808' post='9387397']
Pretty solid my friend.

How'd that FD and weight slug work out??
[/quote]

Heh, I've been all over the place with moving, unpacking, traveling, etc since I got it so it's still in the package you sent it in. I'm dropping by the store tonight to pick up some epoxy and handle it when I get home tonight...I hope. Depends on how long the "honey-do" list is when I get back to the new digs.

I just had a buddy of mine order me a few SCOR wedge heads (52/58) and I have one Nippon WV 115 shaft I'm going to get installed in there tonight as well, into the 52. Test it out and see how I like it. I have S400s in the MD2s now, so it's probably going to be a stark contrast, but we'll see how it pans out.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Did you test the 2Deep against your driver and/or 3w on a monitor? I'm kind of in the place, really like the 2Deep, although I should have chosen x flex, but my distance gap between my optiforce 15 and 12.5 isn't very large. It is a lot tighter, but not as tight as my 3W. So I'm not sure if the 2deep will stay in the bag and I'll go bag to driver/3w setup. My driver game isn't the best, but the distance gain is the risk reward.

Epic 9.0° Rogue x
Optiforce 15° Rogue x
X Forged UT 3 KBS
Apex Pro 4-PW KBS
Mack Daddy 2 52°, 56°, 60°
Odyssey ProType #3.1 mod
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/869684-rpvl-dutchwitb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='RPVL' timestamp='1401387576' post='9390515']
Did you test the 2Deep against your driver and/or 3w on a monitor? I'm kind of in the place, really like the 2Deep, although I should have chosen x flex, but my distance gap between my optiforce 15 and 12.5 isn't very large. It is a lot tighter, but not as tight as my 3W. So I'm not sure if the 2deep will stay in the bag and I'll go bag to driver/3w setup. My driver game isn't the best, but the distance gain is the risk reward.
[/quote]

I haven't had a chance to yet, no. I'm hoping to soon though. There's a guy on this site who lives relatively close to me and just bought a FlighScope so I shot him a PM and asked if we could meet up. He said he'd be glad to help a fellow WRX'r out. That's good stuff!

Here's what I know about the 2Deep and my distances. One thing I'm actually pretty good at is distance control. I know my distances pretty well, especially with irons. I'm not that guy who says he hits a 9 iron 150 yards then CONSTANTLY comes up short and makes up excuses as to why. I'm almost always pin high when I hit the ball the way I intend. I'm not a pure ball striker so sometimes they might be a little fat or a little thin, but that's golf. I don't have random shots that go 15 yards past the hole for no apparent reason or sit there and pose to have a shot land 10 yards short of the green.

Anyway, I know I hit my XHP 15* 250-255 yards when struck well. I've reached par 5s in two at this distance and hit doglegs at that distance too, so I know it's pretty accurate. I know my average solid drive (not the bombs, not the misses) but the actual averages will be 275-280. I'll knock one out there 300 on occasion and flip one 250 just as often. I've been able to hit the 2Deep and the 15* XHP side by side only a few times and the 2Deep was probably in the 265-275 range, 15-20 yards further. So there's a big enough gap there for me, and I know I'm giving up some yardage with a driver.

I also know there's a bit more I can get out of the 2Deep, so I might be able to stretch it out to very close to driver distance...maybe. That's the dilemma I'm in right now as well. There's usually more risk involved with my driver than reward, so I'm heavily leaning towards keeping the 2Deep around for the foreseeable future because the risk goes down considerably, while the reward really doesn't seem to drop off that much in actual performance. I LOVE absolutely NUKING a drive, it's one of my favorite things about the game. If I keep the 2Deep, I'll lose that, but I'll end up keeping more strokes actually hitting the ball than wasting them in penalties.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1401398746' post='9391801']
How high and where in your stance do you tee the ball up with the 2deep? Took mine out for the first time and kept hitting it low on the face resulting in very low lasers..debating to tee it higher or move it back in my stance and hit down on it more to get more spin.
[/quote]

I think I just saw this same question/post in another thread, maybe the Mini thread? Since I don't have a mini, I didn't want to respond in there, so I'm glad you asked here!

It's still something I'm working on finding the best place, which is why earlier I said I think I can get more out of it. This is exactly why. Right now, I'm teeing it up just inside my left foot (obviously I'm a righty), similar to where I would a driver, maybe a little further back, but not much. I'm using the short Epoch tees, maybe like 1.5" ones? I'm not sure, but they're not the long ones you'd use for a driver. I'm teeing it up higher than I would an iron when using the same tees, but again, not by much. There's maybe 1/2" between the bottom of the ball and the turf. It's more than 'floating' above the ground like irons are, there's a bit more of a gap.

From there, I'm just swinging it like a fairway wood, not trying to lift the ball up like most usually do with a driver but letting the loft of the club get it up for me. If I were to guess, my AoA with it would be really, really close to 0.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Yes I did ask there, but figured it was a similar issue with the mini both being deeper faced and larger. Im doing the same thing, teeing it up about 1/2". If I move it too far forward I catch it real low on the face, if I move it back a bit im catching the center but its still coming out pretty low. Going to try teeing it up a bit higher but further forward in my stance without turning it into hook city.

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1401389707' post='9390755']
[quote name='RPVL' timestamp='1401387576' post='9390515']
[/quote]

I haven't had a chance to yet, no. I'm hoping to soon though. There's a guy on this site who lives relatively close to me and just bought a FlighScope so I shot him a PM and asked if we could meet up. He said he'd be glad to help a fellow WRX'r out. That's good stuff!

Here's what I know about the 2Deep and my distances. One thing I'm actually pretty good at is distance control. I know my distances pretty well, especially with irons. I'm not that guy who says he hits a 9 iron 150 yards then CONSTANTLY comes up short and makes up excuses as to why. I'm almost always pin high when I hit the ball the way I intend. I'm not a pure ball striker so sometimes they might be a little fat or a little thin, but that's golf. I don't have random shots that go 15 yards past the hole for no apparent reason or sit there and pose to have a shot land 10 yards short of the green.

Anyway, I know I hit my XHP 15* 250-255 yards when struck well. I've reached par 5s in two at this distance and hit doglegs at that distance too, so I know it's pretty accurate. I know my average solid drive (not the bombs, not the misses) but the actual averages will be 275-280. I'll knock one out there 300 on occasion and flip one 250 just as often. I've been able to hit the 2Deep and the 15* XHP side by side only a few times and the 2Deep was probably in the 265-275 range, 15-20 yards further. So there's a big enough gap there for me, and I know I'm giving up some yardage with a driver.

I also know there's a bit more I can get out of the 2Deep, so I might be able to stretch it out to very close to driver distance...maybe. That's the dilemma I'm in right now as well. There's usually more risk involved with my driver than reward, so I'm heavily leaning towards keeping the 2Deep around for the foreseeable future because the risk goes down considerably, while the reward really doesn't seem to drop off that much in actual performance. I LOVE absolutely NUKING a drive, it's one of my favorite things about the game. If I keep the 2Deep, I'll lose that, but I'll end up keeping more strokes actually hitting the ball than wasting them in penalties.
[/quote]

I hear you, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm a little longer on the 3W and quite similar on driver but I haven't been to hit the 2Deep somewhere in between. I've pulled out the driver again this weekend which I play in x-flex and feel more comfortable with it. Maybe I should try a decent stiff+ or x in my 2Deep too. In the meantime I've snagged an optiforce 440 from the bay to try ;)

Epic 9.0° Rogue x
Optiforce 15° Rogue x
X Forged UT 3 KBS
Apex Pro 4-PW KBS
Mack Daddy 2 52°, 56°, 60°
Odyssey ProType #3.1 mod
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/869684-rpvl-dutchwitb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, one more quick update. Just got the second one today and haven't had a chance to hit it yet. I really wanted to try out the Nippon WV wedge shafts, so I put a WTB ad out there for two of them, the 115g version. One guy had one, so I took it. Well, I like the MD2s I have now, so didn't want to mess with them. Hmmmmmmmm......welp, better buy some heads! I had played Eidolon wedges previously, and while I liked the heads, I loathed the shafts. So, I bought a 52 and a 58 SCOR 4161 heads. Got the 52 pieced together a week or so ago and really, really liked it. Thought, don't take many full shots with the 58, so I ordered a 125g version to go in there. Just got it back today all pieced together. I probably won't get a chance to hit it until later this week, when hopefully I'll have a chance to snap some new pictures too, that's needed!

Oh, the other new toy I have as well....Bio Cell + with a Diamana D+ 72S tipped 1/2". I'm trying to go softer in the driver hoping mentally it'll help me take a controlled swing. I've always been in between S and X with a SS right around the 107-109 range and always chose X hoping it would keep it straighter. I've learned all playing an X in that is really doing, is making me swing probably harder than I should. We'll see. I have an X in the 2Deep and it's wonderful, so who knows. Got a chance to hit the BC+ this weekend, but it wasn't tipped at all and at 45.25", a bit too long for my liking. Taking 1/2" off the tip and bringing it down to 44.75" which is right around where I like to play them.

I'll get some new pictures up as a lot's changed since I took the ones in the first post, holy cow.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

• 5 months later...

6 months since the last update, man I'm slacking big time! However, there could be some changes a comin', that's for sure. I booked a fitting at Club Champion for this Saturday, the 6th. Full bag, we'll see how it goes. I would've loved to do the Cool Clubs 'Tour' fitting where everything is outside, but as you can see by my location, that's not exactly an option right now. Indoors is how it's gotta be for now. Highly doubt I'll change anything up drastically without testing first outside unless it's with equipment I'm already familiar with.

I've already had some pretty good email exchanges with the guys there, so I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1417469372' post='10526693']
Good luck with the fitting. Interested to see how it goes!
[/quote]

I plan to do a bit of a write up when it's all over with. It won't be anything like Pure745's, but hopefully it won't disappoint! I've already given the guys the green light to tell me I'm full of crap during the fitting, and I didn't want any 'yes men' around. I'm sure it'll be a humbling experience, but I'm okay with that. I'm paying them to do a job, so we'll see how well they do.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1417469668' post='10526737']
[/quote]

I plan to do a bit of a write up when it's all over with. It won't be anything like Pure745's, but hopefully it won't disappoint! I've already given the guys the green light to tell me I'm full of crap during the fitting, and I didn't want any 'yes men' around. I'm sure it'll be a humbling experience, but I'm okay with that. I'm paying them to do a job, so we'll see how well they do.
[/quote]

1 goal. Get better. Looks like the place you're going to will be able to dial you in nicely. Good luck, report back!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1417469668' post='10526737']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You know I'm looking forward to your outcome. Look forward to hearing all about it and what sticks are recommended. Let them do their job!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

For anyone that's interested in a REALLY long read, here's the link to my experience at Club Champion:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1109081-my-club-champion-fitting-experience/

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1418014954' post='10560581']
For anyone that's interested in a REALLY long read, here's the link to my experience at Club Champion:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1109081-my-club-champion-fitting-experience/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ing-experience/[/url]
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks! Now I have some morning reading while I drink my coffee(s).

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1418044034' post='10561223']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1418014954' post='10560581']

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1109081-my-club-champion-fitting-experience/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ing-experience/[/url]
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks! Now I have some morning reading while I drink my coffee(s).
[/quote]

LOL, I figured it might be a good way for people to start their Monday morning :). Or put them asleep, they'll get fired, and have more time for golf. It's a win no matter how you look at it.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

• 1 month later...

A few new things to add, pics will be taken when I get them all in.

Driver is now an i25 10.5* w/ either a Miyazaki Kusala Indigo 72S at 43.5" or Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1X at 44". I'll test them both out and see which I like better. Irons will be ordered in the next week or two, I'll be getting 714 AP2s w/ Modus3 120 in either stiff or X, soft stepped, haven't quite decided yet. More than likely I'll go X soft stepped, but I need to swing a few more to see how it goes.

Lastly, new putter will be coming as well. Odyssey MXM #1W. Going have a 1.0 SS Black/Silver grip on it at 33.5". Getting it bent to 67* lie angle and 2.5* of loft to match what I was fit with at CC. I was hoping to see an Odyssey Works #1W Cruiser, but no dice. One might be coming later and if it does, I might pick that up at some other point in time.

Trip coming up in February to Naples for a few days, should get about four rounds in. I should have all new sticks in by then and it'll be their maiden voyage. More than likely on two courses I've never played before. Should be interesting...

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W