2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

NJBigFish22

Advanced Members
  • Last visited

• Feedback

0%

Personal Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

NJBigFish22's Achievements

1. I wish I would have gotten the progressive lenses, when I’m wearing my glasses I can’t see my phone. Glasses are expensive, didn’t know that when I got my 2 pairs. I wanted something different for golf so I went with Shady Rays, they were much more reasonable.
  2. I bought Sub70 and can’t tell any real difference between the Cleveland or TM I have used previously. I like a particular wedge shaft, so having it built by Sub70 for a $10 up charge versus a $169 wedge turning into $200 with the Cleveland’s made sense to me.
  3. Thank you for the detailed info. I am going to give it a go once my grips arrive.
  4. @chisag and @aenemated or anyone else that does the following. I think you both have mentioned that you use air to do grips. I want to try this method to test a different size grip. So my questions. 1) what size masking tape do you use? 2) do you use multiple wraps since I think grip tape is thicker than masking tape? 3) do you put any solvent on to help start the process or lube to make easier to push on? 4) what psi do you normally set the compressor at? 5) any other tips for someone doing for first time? Thanks in advance for the assistance.
  5. I’m hoping to play Tobacco Road in the fall. Just looks like a great layout. Once on property my game may feel differently.
  6. Either set a handicap goal or a best score goal. If you don’t you may subconsciously lead to not practicing the right way or do care if you miss a putt during a round that would be a personal best.
  7. The distances, green reading and other things mentioned are the benefits of a caddy. But even back then I wasn’t consistent. I could hit a 7 iron 180, then the next 165 or 200. So him telling me I’m 175 to the pin doesn’t mean much if I am not doing that number 8/10 times.
  8. Agree, if I was to get another, he best not take himself to serious and have a good time.
  9. I went and played this morning and it was brutal heat and humidity wise. I could feel the humidity during my warm up, but once the sun was out, it was really bad. If I changed clothes, I think I could have used a wardrobe change every 3 holes. Nothing worse then reaching into your pocket for a tee and your ball and then needing to dry your hand. As for the golf, I continued to use driver on every tee shot (except 4. Par 3’s), for the most part it was still solid, but had five drives bounce in the FW and roll into the rough. Nothing I could do but take my medicine. This led to a poorer scoring day than my last round. Lowlight of the round was the final 3 holes, solid tee shot, good approach or lay up, 3 jacked them all. I didn’t have any real bad putts, just nothing dropped, or rolled out a bit farther than I liked. I am sure I was just lacking focus from the heat. Everybody in my group generally walks, today most grabbed a cart at the turn, cause NJ ain’t a desert, but was probably better than the hot humid no breeze morning we had.
  10. I have only had a caddy 1 time and frankly it wasn’t great. I can see if your scratch, but even when I was younger and a better player, I was still not consistent enough for the caddy benefit. The best in my opinion is having a fore caddie.
  11. Number 1 has happened to me and yes it is annoying, but I just move to a different hole, cause that could be a different type of practice shot. Number 2, if they had stations set up to every hole, I would remove, but if there are other holes open I would move to 1 of those. As for the bunker, currently the members bunkers are being redone so we will see if people rake or not when finished. The public bunker (which ends today) that 1 is so bad a rake wouldn’t help, an excavator and dump truck load of sand might help. Some people are inconsiderate, does it annoy me yes, but I’m not going to get that upset, not worth the time or effort. We play with a guy that is very inconsiderate, but he’s 90 years old and we ain’t changing him.
  12. Our dogs have all passed away. But trying to get a picture with all three was tough but here you go. Chocolate lab - Harley Beagle - Tasha French Mastiff (my baby) - Skye
  13. Not really what I listen to, but she is very talented and was good. Maybe with Franks and Deans ending you could start a new thing with the Mini Mrs. Aen.
  14. I will admit mushrooms can add flavor to a dish, but once that happens, the should rightfully be discarded! 😂