ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Vintage Golf Ball Box

raehtz10raehtz10 I'm Back!!Members Posts: 1,008
edited March 2008 in Golf Balls
Any info?
Here is the story:

My Grandma was actually the one that got my family into golf. She started playing in the 40's, and taught my dad and his brothers. She just died after a long illness, and they started going through the house and everything in it. Among all the junk, my parents found this golf ball box and thought I might want it.

Who knows anything about these?? Year? Who made them? Who made them?

I love the part that says "professional click"

100_1118.jpg100_1120.jpg

100_1119.jpg

Comments

• dunnthegunndunnthegunn Advanced Members Posts: 159
    Wow that is a pretty cool find. I love the name Mann Flite! It sounds like a golf ball that one of Will Farrell's characters would use. I wish golf balls were still $2 a dozen.
  • URStillAwayURStillAway 79 is ten better than 80 Advanced Members Posts: 935 ✭✭
    I dont have much info on those balls but I remember "cut-proof" balls being introduced in the early 1970's. Before that we played balls that would "cut" if you misshit them.

I was 12 years old and cut lots of balls so the introduction of cutproof balls was big news. Starflite and Canada Cup are ones I remember. Club Special were the cheap non-cut-proof balls we used before that.
    Driver: M2 10.5 Reg
    FW's: Aeroburner Black 3 & 5w
    Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
    Irons: Ping G400 Reg Graphite
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
    Handicap 8
    Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others