Can't find the putter I need... help, please.

Cloran ·  
CloranCloran Members  1047WRX Points: 60Posts: 1,047 Platinum Tees
I prefer to set up similarly to Mickelson, but I'm a righty. Flat(er) left wrist. Big forward press, ball forward in stance (off left instep). It feels like I have my right wrist locked in place, and it doesn't allow me to use anything other than my big muscles in the putting stroke... this is all fine and dandy, but I can't find a putter to fit this stroke that I like.

I prefer a face balanced putter for a straight-back straight-through stroke. I assume I'd need a lot of loft as I have a significant forward press... The putter I have (Nike T130 Center Shafted) worked with my old stroke that was a more "conventional" set up; but I was just never comfortable set up that way.

If I place the ball forward in my stance, forward press, lock out the right wrist, straight back and through... I make a good stroke. But my putter gets so delofted that I don't make good contact with the ball.

Any putters out there that may fit my stroke? Thanks in advance guys!!!
Posted:

Comments

• MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    Have you considered having your putters loft adjusted? Do you know what it is at right now?
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CloranCloran Members  1047WRX Points: 60Posts: 1,047 Platinum Tees
    No, I have no idea. Got it off the rack.
    Posted:
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    I'm not positive what the loft is on the Nike OZ T130 either. I can't seem to get the specs page of their website open (not sure if it would say there anyways).

I've got to imagine it's 3 or 4 degrees though. With a straight in center shaft, I'm not entirely sure how or if loft could be adjusted. If so I'm assuming it would not be able to be much, maybe a degree or two. The shaft would have to be bent is my only thoughts. It would bring the back side of your putter closer to the ground as well, potentially lowering the center of gravity (not sure if that's something that would effect you).

I'd take it to your local club builder, someone who is actually going to know what they're talking about...not just a golf store sales rep or something. See if it's a possibility and if it's the route you should be looking at. I say if you like your putter it's best to start there rather than looking at other equipment.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.