2004 Rac Lt - Comments Please

FiresoleForged

I'm a 12 hcp. golfer who hits the ball medium height. I'm interested in buying a set of 2004 RAC LTs from Japan (10 clubs w/ TM graphite shafts). Are the 2004 LTs as solid as they look? Are they easy to get the ball up (I heard the LT is a misnomer)? How forgiving are they?

I'm sure there are a lot of LT users here (or at least those who have played them). May I have some reviews please!

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing the RAC LT's for a couple of seasons now. I think they are fantastic.

A great compromise between a 'players' cavity and a 'forgiving' type iron. I imediately liked the look of the head, larger than a blade yet not a brick on a stick like callaway irons.

The 'LT' is somewhat of a misnomer, I hit 'em real high but nice and strong, which is great in the long irons. They aren't as workable as my previous set (MP-29) but are far more forgiving.

As far as feel goes, not quite forged but bloody close for a cast club, best cast club I've hit for feel.

I would only like a squarer leading edge, thinner sole width, even less offset - which is what the tour model is I suppose, so take a wild guess at what I'm after now!

Have no hesitation in recommending them to accomplished players and mid-handicappers alike. Interestingly, the majority of TM staffers at the PGA played either LT's or MB's

I just picked up a new set off EBay with Rifle 5.0 shafts. I've only hit them at the range (1st round tomorrow if the weather holds). They hit the ball medium/high, not a low trajectory at all. I'm a low ball hitter, so I would know. Very forgiving and easy to hit. I don't work the ball on the course, but was easily able to hit fades and draws on the range. They are also very pretty to look at...I like the '04 better than the '05, but both are great looking irons, which I think is half the battle. I gotta believe these irons would be suitable for all but the sorriest hackers if the right shaft is in them. Really like 'em so far with my minimal experience. Highly recommend.

I just picked up a new set off EBay with Rifle 5.0 shafts. I've only hit them at the range (1st round tomorrow if the weather holds). They hit the ball medium/high, not a low trajectory at all. I'm a low ball hitter, so I would know. Very forgiving and easy to hit. I don't work the ball on the course, but was easily able to hit fades and draws on the range. They are also very pretty to look at...I like the '04 better than the '05, but both are great looking irons, which I think is half the battle. I gotta believe these irons would be suitable for all but the sorriest hackers if the right shaft is in them. Really like 'em so far with my minimal experience. Highly recommend.

34185[/snapback]

Thanks all for your feedback! I think the LTs are going to be in my bag soon.

i play them and like most thing about them...the looks, the feel, the confidence, the weighting...pretty much everything

i just wish i culd hit the 3 iron as far as my driver, then id have like 11 clubs owell :clapping:

try everything...i also like the looks for the W-18 tour when i look down at it but dont like the look when i look at the logo...

Can't say too much that has not already been said...

Fantastic club - excellent feel, pretty forgiving, medium/high ball flight, appealing to the eye and very well constructed.

Mine are shafted with the Rifle 6.0's and it's an awesome setup for me.

I'm sure you can not only demo these anywhere, but also pick them up a ridiculously cheap price.

Enjoy.

I think the LT (Low Trajectory) is in relation to the rest of Taylormade's line- RAC OS's.

The 300 Forged are a little softer, thinner soles, less off set. Forgiveness- about the same to me. I have 300's because heel to toe looks shorter to me and I picked them up for $200 in 9/10 condition.

$$$ won out overall for me.

Thanks everyone for all your comments. I just ordered a set of '04 LTs from DiscountDans. He had them new with graphite shafts for a lot less than what eBay has been going for. Can't wait to receive them.

I really think this model will be much sought after in the years to come. TM should have stayed with the simple design. The '05 model just looked too "hollywood" for my eye. Simple and clean are what I like...guess that's why I use a classic bullseye putter too.

Anyways, thanks for your reviews.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for all your comments.  I just ordered a set of '04 LTs from DiscountDans.  He had them new with graphite shafts for a lot less than what eBay has been going for.  Can't wait to receive them.

I really think this model will be much sought after in the years to come.  TM should have stayed with the simple design.  The '05 model just looked too "hollywood" for my eye.  Simple and clean are what I like...guess that's why I use a classic bullseye putter too.

Anyways, thanks for your reviews.

Ron

36895[/snapback]

Don't have em, but a buddy has em and would swear up and down that those were the best clubs he's ever used. That is until he tried my RAC HT's. maybe try em out.......great distance without ballooning the ball.

41083[/snapback]

Well, I finally got my set of graphite shafted 2004 LTs and they are awesome. I'm a club longer thru the bag and get a nice medium high launch. Short irons just drop and stop. I give up a bit of feel with the graphite shafts when it comes to chipping, but their benefits to me (53 y.o.) is greater distance and lighter weight to keep me fresher towards the end of my rounds. I'll miss my Firesoles which are in 9/10 condition (kept them covered for the past 3 years they were in my bag) but will never sell them ---just too rare and hard to find in the condition mine are in. I'm really happy with my choice and the fact that I got them cheap and in brand new condition.

So although my bag is filled with lots of woods, hybrids and graphite shafted irons, I still manage to shoot low 80s and occasionally 70s as I quickly approach the age when I can get a senior priced breakfast at Dennys. :fool: