2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Made some changes to the bag! *updated* Pictures

Thank You to GolfWRX.com and Edwin Watts!
I traded in my G10 3W and 19* Halo for the G10 17* 4 wood. I hated my 2i Halo and have been having some consistency issues with my 3 wood. I decided after lots of comments on this site as well as some time at the range to add the G10 4 wood.

This club is great for me, I hit it long and Str8!

I think my bag is finally complete.......for now :rolleyes:

Hit Em Str8,
WhoDa

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had a feeling when I posted the above comment that my bag was not truley complete. I messed around with the Redwood while trading in the above mentioned clubs and could not stop thinking about it all day. I'm obsessed! Anyhow when I got to work I found out I'm getting an unexpected bonus tomorrow so I left and raced over to Edwin Watts and swapped out the Karsten Anser for the Blackwood Anser w/ Black Satin Finish.

I want to give props to EW, they have been extremely helpful. During my re-clubbing I've traded back numerous new clubs (after use) for others, brought those back for new ones. They have been very helpful over the last month and I'm extremely pleased with their service. Thumbs up to EW on Turkey Lake Rd in Orlando, FL.

I started playing again this summer and my 10 year old hand me downs were not cutting it for me. I'v also made a new commitment to the game as my new job will allow me to play 7 days a week if I so desire. I decided to buy new clubs!

First Set (All Hand Me Down)- Just replaced

-BB WarBird 11* - random shaft - My Halo club head is bigger than this old driver! - Broke Shaft - initiated entire process of new clubs

-BB WarBird 15* - random shaft - I sold for $15 on Craigslist

-Ping Karsten I Irons - Extremely hard to hit let alone learn on but I did -I sold for $100 on Craigslist

-Cleveland 588 56* 60* with no grooves and uneven rust covered face from extensive use - gave to friend

-Odyssey Rossi with like 5,000 dings in it! - $25 toward trade in on Karsten Anser

I had played 5 rounds this year with the above clubs after about a two year strike and shot 110-130 - no joke!

New Clubs - includung acquisition process - in no particular order

BTW, I initially went to Edwin Watts to simply re-shaft the above driver.

-Ping G10 Driver 10.5* TFC 129R - Best Launch Moniter Results

-Ping G10 3 Wood 15.5* Draw TFC 129R - demo club good price - hated draw feature - traded back

-Ping G10 4 Wood 17* TFC 129R - Awesome Club - replaced 15.5* G10 and 19* Halo

-TM FT-Hybrid 19* - Bought used - Disliked Shaft - traded in for HiBore XL 20* - Even Trade

-Cleveland HiBore XL 20* Hybrid - hit like s*** hated grafite shaft - traded in for full value towards Ogio Exodus

-Cleveland CG2 4-PW TTDG R300 - was used to Karsten I cavity blade style - look awesome - Hitting them sweet!

-Cleveland CG12 Black Satin TTDG WF - 52.10 bent to 51.9, 56.12, 60.10

-Cleveland Halo 19* 22* TTDG SL R300 - hated 19* but love the 22* - I hit it like an 8 iron only 200+ yards - traded 19* toward 4W.

-Ping Karsten Anser - didn't have prefered RedWood in stock - sold myself on $89 and was totally happy - Read above to see when and why I got the Redwood.

Since my upgrade my last 5 rounds have been 103, 101, 100, 101, 106 - all personal bests.

With some course management improvement, new found excitement, new clubs and better overall pride and excitement for new equipment I should be breaking 100 consistantly.

I'm thinking of taking some lessons just to fine tune or correct my current self-taught swing.

After some trial and error and lots of money I'm confidant I have the right equipment for myself and game style and future goals.

Current bag as of now is listed in the siggy down below.

Hit Em Str8,

WhoDa

Great setup...what kind of bag is that? Is it a stand bag? I wish my stand bag had that many slots!

How do you like the Redwood Anser? I have one too and I absolutely love it. First time using it I had one of the best putting rounds ever.

Good luck breaking 100, I'm sure you be in the low 90s in no time :rolleyes:

Great setup...what kind of bag is that? Is it a stand bag? I wish my stand bag had that many slots!

How do you like the Redwood Anser? I have one too and I absolutely love it. First time using it I had one of the best putting rounds ever.

Good luck breaking 100, I'm sure you be in the low 90s in no time :rolleyes:

Thanks Everyone!

The bag is Ogio Exodus (cart bag) and has the Wedge Top which is also available on the Nexus Stand Bag.

I love the Redwood, I haven't played with it yet just a few putts at EW and you know how that goes. Can't miss a put on the practice green and all your drives on the launch moniter are perfectly str8. rigged I tell you....rigged.

j/k...all in all I'm so excited. I stayed up so late last night that I overslept and missed my tee time. oh well, looks like it'll be another range day.

Hit Em Str8,

WhoDa

Welcome to hoing!!! I was much like you at first. Here's my progression, if memory serves me right.

Driver: Warbird---> bought TaylorMade r580 XD--->traded for PING G5--->traded for Callaway FT-5--->traded for TaylorMade Burner--->trade for PING G10

Woods: Tight Lies Fairway Wood 3 & 5--->bought TM V Steel 4 & 7 wood---> traded 4 wood for X Tour 3 wood kept the 7 wood --->traded both for Nike SQ 4 & 7--->traded both for Callaway X 3 wood--->Callaway Hyper X 3 wood--->Nike SuMo2 4 wood--->PING G10 4 wood

Hybrids: bought Callaway FT 2H &4H--->traded for Rapture 3h & 4h--->traded for Callaway FT 2h & 4h

--->traded for Nike SuMo2 3h & 4h--->traded for PING G10 3h & 4h

Irons: started with PING Eye2 square grooves (Mom accidentally sold them in a garage sale), she felt bad so she bought me Tommy Armour 845's 3-PW--->traded for PING G5--->traded for TaylorMade OS2--->traded for Callaway X16 Pro Series--->sold them bought Callaway Fusions--->sold them bought PING G10

Wedges:bought Wilson Harmonized Wedges 52* & 56*--->bought Titleist 200 series 52* & 56* and 60* Titleist Spin Milled--->traded for PING Tour 52*, PING iWedge 56*, PING Tour 60*--->traded for Callaway X Tour Vintage 50*, 54*, & 60*--->Traded for Mizunos MP-R 52* & MP-T 56* & 60*--->looking to trade Mizunos for PING iWedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey DFX Laguna Style Putter--->bought Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy center shaft

--->traded for a Studio Stainless Laguna 2.5--->traded that for a TaylorMade Mezza Monza Corza--->traded for a Newport 2 Studio Style--->traded for a Cameron Red X--->traded for Odyssey Marxman Mallet--->traded for a PING Redwood Piper--->looking to buy a used PING iSeries Craz-E

Golfbags: Started with a White Vintage PING Tour Bag with Oaktree Golf Club logo from 1988 PGA Championship (mom sold that too, I have never let her live that down), won an Izzo Texas Tech Standbag at a Ducks Unlimited Banquet (still have it), bought an Ogio Vaporlite standbag (gave it to my brother-in-law), bought a Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag

Hell, while I'm at it, I'm 6'0" weight 245, have 2 kids, like to hunt, fish and play golf. I went to Texas Tech...and I'm hungover!!!

Welcome to hoing!!! I was much like you at first. Here's my progression, if memory serves me right.

Driver: Warbird---> bought TaylorMade r580 XD--->traded for PING G5--->traded for Callaway FT-5--->traded for TaylorMade Burner--->trade for PING G10

Woods: Tight Lies Fairway Wood 3 & 5--->bought TM V Steel 4 & 7 wood---> traded 4 wood for X Tour 3 wood kept the 7 wood --->traded both for Nike SQ 4 & 7--->traded both for Callaway X 3 wood--->Callaway Hyper X 3 wood--->Nike SuMo2 4 wood--->PING G10 4 wood

Hybrids: bought Callaway FT 2H &4H--->traded for Rapture 3h & 4h--->traded for Callaway FT 2h & 4h

Irons: started with PING Eye2 square grooves (Mom accidentally sold them in a garage sale), she felt bad so she bought me Tommy Armour 845's 3-PW--->traded for PING G5--->traded for TaylorMade OS2--->traded for Callaway X16 Pro Series--->sold them bought Callaway Fusions--->sold them bought PING G10

Wedges:bought Wilson Harmonized Wedges 52* & 56*--->bought Titleist 200 series 52* & 56* and 60* Titleist Spin Milled--->traded for PING Tour 52*, PING iWedge 56*, PING Tour 60*--->traded for Callaway X Tour Vintage 50*, 54*, & 60*--->Traded for Mizunos MP-R 52* & MP-T 56* & 60*--->looking to trade Mizunos for PING iWedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey DFX Laguna Style Putter--->bought Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy center shaft

--->traded for a Studio Stainless Laguna 2.5--->traded that for a TaylorMade Mezza Monza Corza--->traded for a Newport 2 Studio Style--->traded for a Cameron Red X--->traded for Odyssey Marxman Mallet--->traded for a PING Redwood Piper--->looking to buy a used PING iSeries Craz-E

Golfbags: Started with a White Vintage PING Tour Bag with Oaktree Golf Club logo from 1988 PGA Championship (mom sold that too, I have never let her live that down), won an Izzo Texas Tech Standbag at a Ducks Unlimited Banquet (still have it), bought an Ogio Vaporlite standbag (gave it to my brother-in-law), bought a Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag

Hell, while I'm at it, I'm 6'0" weight 245, have 2 kids, like to hunt, fish and play golf. I went to Texas Tech...and I'm hungover!!!

damn dude, you've had a lot of clubs......you slut.

best post ever!!

Good looking bag. Have some fun with the new clubs.

Once the club ho'in has you in it's grasp, you'll be changing sticks more than your underwear. You're going to be updating those pictures weekly :man_in_love:

Titleist 917 D2 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X

Taylormade SIM Max 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5

Ping G410 18.5* Tensei CK Orange 70X

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-PW NS Pro Modus 3 120S

Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58* NS Pro Modus 3 120S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Once the club ho'in has you in it's grasp, you'll be changing sticks more than your underwear. You're going to be updating those pictures weekly

What he said!!! Once you start ho'in there's no turning back. Just from your post. I can see you easily spending upwards to around $1000 in the next 6 months. Be sure to look in the used club bins. I just found 2 used G10's for $100/piece in there. I'm doin' some tradin' today.

If you are married, I found the easiest way to hide it. What you do is either get home first or leave your equipment in your truck/car, wait until she goes to bed, then get them if she catches you, "say that you went to the range today and were just about to clean them." I've made a habit of cleaning my equipment, so that's an easy out for me. Be sure to take all the headcovers off, sometimes they can be observant. For instance, the Nike headcovers are canary yellow and black she has caught onto that, so sliding a copper and black G10 by her would not be in my best interest. You'll pick it up as you go.

Good luck and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
Once the club ho'in has you in it's grasp, you'll be changing sticks more than your underwear. You're going to be updating those pictures weekly

What he said!!! Once you start ho'in there's no turning back. Just from your post. I can see you easily spending upwards to around $1000 in the next 6 months. Be sure to look in the used club bins. I just found 2 used G10's for $100/piece in there. I'm doin' some tradin' today.

If you are married, I found the easiest way to hide it. What you do is either get home first or leave your equipment in your truck/car, wait until she goes to bed, then get them if she catches you, "say that you went to the range today and were just about to clean them." I've made a habit of cleaning my equipment, so that's an easy out for me. Be sure to take all the headcovers off, sometimes they can be observant. For instance, the Nike headcovers are canary yellow and black she has caught onto that, so sliding a copper and black G10 by her would not be in my best interest. You'll pick it up as you go.

Good luck and enjoy.

best post evAr! lmfao!

Still lovin my Exodus!