2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Callaway FT Org. 14 bag. Any reviews or pics?

Jdavenp3

Looking for some reviews of this bag. I love the looks of it and wanted to see if anyone out there had some pros & cons before I took the plunge and picked it up.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the FT, but looks almost the same as mine. Has tons of room, two full length pockets on each side, with a smaller netting inside that I use to throw my glove in. The two bottom front pockets open up and could easily hold 75 golf balls each, tons of space. The valuables pocket that has Tour i on it, holds about 6 golf balls and is good size for a phone, tees, and things like that.

mmqwwx.jpg

1z3ryvr.jpg

5u1no3.jpg

Not the FT, but looks almost the same as mine. Has tons of room, two full length pockets on each side, with a smaller netting inside that I use to throw my glove in. The two bottom front pockets open up and could easily hold 75 golf balls each, tons of space. The valuables pocket that has Tour i on it, holds about 6 golf balls and is good size for a phone, tees, and things like that.

mmqwwx.jpg

1z3ryvr.jpg

5u1no3.jpg

Is this bag leather or nylon on the sides? Thanks for the pics, looks like a great bag.

Is this bag leather or nylon on the sides? Thanks for the pics, looks like a great bag.

I think all of the Callaway bags have the same type. It is a nylon material where the large Callaway name is and and a hardened carbon fiber like material near the base and where the FT name is at the top. I got mine for $75 shipped and it's great. Here's some closer up pics:

2le5444.jpgdo29gw.jpg

I really like that the side is a hardened material. Thanks a lot for the pictures, that is a sharp bag. I felt weird that I am going to own nothing Callaway except for the bag until I saw your WITB. Makes me feel a little better that someone else is in the same boat, haha. I really like the Diablo 14 as well except for the Diablo emblems on it- I would have rather it been red/black with no emblems. BTW how does it fit on a cart?

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

[quote name='Jdavenp3' post='2140787' date='Dec 23 2009, 03:27 PM']I really like that the side is a hardened material. Thanks a lot for the pictures, that is a sharp bag. I felt weird that I am going to own nothing Callaway except for the bag until I saw your WITB. Makes me feel a little better that someone else is in the same boat, haha. I really like the Diablo 14 as well except for the Diablo emblems on it- I would have rather it been red/black with no emblems. BTW how does it fit on a cart?[/quote]
Yeah doesn't really matter to me that it doesn't match my clubs, just more the color of the bag. I was looking at the Diablo one too, but for $75, I just got this one for a lot cheaper than the Diablo and others. It fits fine on the cart. I got this one rather than the staff bag, because I've heard those can be tough to fit on the cart.

Where did you pick up yours for $75 dollars if you don't mind me asking. The FT series isn't worth $100 more dollars compared to your Tour i.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

[quote name='Jdavenp3' post='2140886' date='Dec 23 2009, 04:20 PM']Where did you pick up yours for $75 dollars if you don't mind me asking. The FT series isn't worth $100 more dollars compared to your Tour i.[/quote]
A guy was selling it because he got a new bag for next season. Picked it up for cheap.

Good pickup on that one for sure.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

I bought mine off of Ebay for about $100 new. There is a seller that was selling a ton of these at $110 with the make an offer feature. I also found the orange one on sale at discountgolfworld for $139 which is the next best price I could find anywhere. I almost pulled the trigger on them when I made one last glance at Ebay. Overall I like the bag. I've always had callaway bags so this one is on par as far as pockets and storage space. It's spacious, sturdy and not too big/heavy like the actual leather staff tour bags. I'm still tinkering around with where to store what as well as my clubs arrangement. Right now my clubs are arranged pretty much like b21bballer although I've also thought about placing the longer clubs in the middle and the shorter clubs around the periphery. All in all I think it's a good balance between look and functionality. Just don't pay full price for it and you'll be a happy camper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone experience wear on their grips because of the 3/4 length dividers?
Do the grips bind on a push cart?

Does anyone have pictures of the backside? I'd like to look at what the strap looks like.

I'm thinking of picking up the orange one.
One thing it appears to be missing is a glove attachment, cooler bag, and valuables pocket.
I also heard that the rain hood is not very good.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really close to purchasing this bag but I'm still unsure about not having a handle where the shoulder strap is loacted. For those that own this bag did you find it hard adjusting to not having a handle by the shoulder strap? I use a Clicgear push cart most of the time and my Ogio seems almost perfect with the club layout, how well does the FT Org 14 work in a push cart? The dividers not going all the way down doesn't bother me much as my grips get stuck in the Ogio (I think it would be less with the FT Org 14), any thoughts? Is the lockable storage pocket waterproof (I don't or try not to play in the rain), I don't want my SGX getting wet? I'm also not worried about the rain hood and the Ogio Grom one I had broke with-in the first 3 months and I haven't used one since (it's been over a year). One last question, now that you own the FT org 14 would you purchase it again and if not why?

Thanks

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I have the FT Org 14 bag....it's a beautiful bag....a lot of large pockets....it's not a big deal not having a handle by the strap...the opposite side of the strap has a large handle to grab....the bag works just fine in a push cart and also on a golf cart....I had an Ogio, which is well built and very well designed, but it was heavy...the FT Org 14 bag is lighter and I like that...buy the bag - you won't be disappointed !

[quote name='cerv2' date='20 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1279682476' post='2589493']
I have the FT Org 14 bag....it's a beautiful bag....a lot of large pockets....it's not a big deal not having a handle by the strap...the opposite side of the strap has a large handle to grab....the bag works just fine in a push cart and also on a golf cart....I had an Ogio, which is well built and very well designed, but it was heavy...the FT Org 14 bag is lighter and I like that...buy the bag - you won't be disappointed !
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I changed my mind and ordered the Diablo org 14 (Black&Red) it's the same as the FT ORG 14. I ordered it from GPPGOLF (a good organization to purchase from). Hopefully It will be be here early next week as my Ogio legs don't seen to be retracting as it use to.

[/b]

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, I changed my mind and ordered the Diablo org 14 (Black&Red) it's the same as the FT ORG 14. I ordered it from GPPGOLF (a good organization to purchase from). Hopefully It will be be here early next week as my Ogio legs don't seen to be retracting as it use to.

The new bag came today, I'm not sure which one I like better the FT or Diablo version, here are a few pics (I have to change my picture now). Two things I wish it had would be a waterproof beverage pocket and a handle on the carrying strap side.

98fb79bd.jpg

8533d9a1-1.jpg

83af48fb-1.jpg

[/b]

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

here[quote name='mizuno8' timestamp='1278274525' post='2554522']
Anyone experience wear on their grips because of the 3/4 length dividers?
Do the grips bind on a push cart?

Does anyone have pictures of the backside? I'd like to look at what the strap looks like.

I'm thinking of picking up the orange one.
One thing it appears to be missing is a glove attachment, cooler bag, and valuables pocket.
I also heard that the rain hood is not very good.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
[/quote]

I have this bag and I can't remember off the top of my head if it has the glove attachment. I thought it might but I might be thinking about my hyperlite 3.0. Anyways, the drink holder pockets or "designated" drink holder pockets are really poor. They only hold really small drinks like the smallest gatorade type bottles or a can of coke. Forget anything larger. Worst part of the bag for sure ( for me at least).

There is a small zippered valuables pocket inside on the of large side pockets. I think it actually says valuables too. One of the pockets on the bottom also has a combination lock as well (I think it's designated as a rangefinder pocket but it seems rather tight and would probably have some difficulty holding the larger rangefinders. I'm just guessing since I don't have a rangefinder!

The rainhood looks cheap by comparison. I used to have it on and unzippered but it looks so much better with it off so i leave it off and inside one of the pockets.

The bag is not perfect.. but it's great. I would buy the same bag if I had to buy another bag. Most important is I like the look.

• 1 year later...

The new bag came today, I'm not sure which one I like better the FT or Diablo version, here are a few pics (I have to change my picture now). Two things I wish it had would be a waterproof beverage pocket and a handle on the carrying strap side.

98fb79bd.jpg

8533d9a1-1.jpg

83af48fb-1.jpg

I sure wish I could find this Diablo bag. I guess I waited to long to look for it. It's out of stock everywhere I have looked so far. :angry22:

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

• 2 weeks later...