2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Big Break VI thread

bjackson

Gavin

I can not continue to say how much I enjoy your comments. You make this the best thread I have ever been a part of, golf or otherwise.

My son and I watched and were disappointed you didn't get thru. We both agreed with the last hole strategy. You had to go for it...

I think Albert was his own worst enemy. He needed more club and was to proud to use it until it was too late.

You had to be impressed with Kelly's play. He hit the shots he called and played it perfectly. He still reminds me of self help guru though....

Keep the comments coming..thanks again for everything

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly's the bomb...hitting soft buttery 3 iron fades into the wind with that Indian mystic type music in the background......I have a feeling he will win it all.....also watched a rerun of Albert hitting his second shot looked like a shank to me...Albert seems like a stand up guy especially as his playing partner broke down in tears....a fan favorite for sure......GO BRI!!!!

Obviously there is some serious editing for the show, but are the guys as catty as they are portrayed. It seems like the girls, even though they are competitors, try to support eachother and root for one another. The last couple of episodes all the guys seem to be doing is second guessing eachother and saying things like "I would do this" and "what the hell is he thinking", meanwhile not one showed up in the battle of the sexes.

Kelly's the bomb...hitting soft buttery 3 iron fades into the wind with that Indian mystic type music in the background......I have a feeling he will win it all.....also watched a rerun of Albert hitting his second shot looked like a shank to me...Albert seems like a stand up guy especially as his playing partner broke down in tears....a fan favorite for sure......GO BRI!!!!

i agree 100% on Alberts 2nd shot the previous week... the ball started 30 yards right of the target... it was clearly a shank...

I'm routing for Kelly myself...

with the guys, some at least I get the impression that the mind is willing but their body is not...based on some of the info posted they are having to wait for long periods of time before they hit...that would create havoc with some of those older bodies.......the older gentleman with the glasses saying that if it comes down to the guys against the girl the girls have no chance....rrrrrrightttt...

That was the perfect title for the episode, "outside the box", because thats how kelly played.

To me thats what makes a good player a great player.

Tiger Woods is a good example.

I play with several players who try to hit their sand wedge 150yds, and hit some crazy shots. Instead of

taking more club a putting a good swing on it. You have to respect someone who hits the type of shot,

regardless of what everyone else is doing, that is called for in that situation.

(Like with kelly, going with more club to keep the ball low, and hitting a fade back into the slope of the green).

Gavin, I was incredibly dissapointed that you were not able to play back on. I would have been uber-stoked to see you playing in future episodes. I completely agree that you and Rocky had to go for the green on the last hole. And man, if you had made it over the water, I swear I would have stood up and cheered at the TV. I am still looking forward to your insight, but more than that, good luck at Q-School. And if you run into Doug Barron somewhere along the way, please tell him Charlie Foxtrot says "for the love of God, please keep your shirt on Doug."

As for Kelly, his hippy-esque speeches still annoy me, but I was really impressed with his shot-making on the elimination hole. No one else adjusted to the conditions as well as he did.

I saw Albert's elimination coming. He had slipped in the last few shows. But his comments to Laura were fantastic. Unlike many similar comments one hears, there was no doubt in my mind that he was sincere. Bravo Albert. I also liked his honesty in the exit interview when he said that he was disappointed, but he hoped that he had made a good enough showing to get someone to sponsor him. Are you paying attention golf companies? Someone step up and sponsor this guy! We like him and will follow his progress - which means we will follow your company's contribution.

I felt bad for Laura. She and Albert had clearly developed a bond.

The preview for the next show looks good. The men vs. women match-ups look very interesting. It will be great to see how the men and woman stack up when pitted one on one.

Kelly has definitely pulled throught in some clutch situations. He has stepped up big time. He is from my area, so I am happy to see him do well. His game is the best out of the men right now.

I spoke with a local that knows him and I asked if Kelly is as laid back as the show makes him appear. He said that the Kelly on the show is the same as the Kelly he knows.

BTW: If you guys think Bri and Bridgette are hot, WELL... One of the staff there, and we will only call her Jo ... WELL she is H-H-H-HOT, no sizzling. Neither Bri nor Bridgette, oh you know what I mean, and no I do not have any photos. On top of being drop dead gorgeous, she is one really nice person and totally unaffected by her beauty. (Some people have all the luck) :)

Thats it for now, back to answering your questions ...

Gavin

BBVI Contestant

I do notice there is a pretty cute staff (Reese Witherspoon type) standing next to camera man in this week or last week episode (Her air time is less than 1 sec, you got to have Tivo and use slow motion to watch clearly.) I guess she is the Jo you mentioned about.

I spoke with a local that knows him and I asked if Kelly is as laid back as the show makes him appear. He said that the Kelly on the show is the same as the Kelly he knows.

I can attest to this also. I have played golf with Kelly several times as he is a member of my golf club. He is a quirky guy that is way out there, but wouldn't harm anybody.

Kelly played the Canadian Tour for years and then moved to NYC where his wife is from. He used to go to all the talk shows like Sally Jessy and Donahue wearing a Powerbar T-Shirt and make some silly zen comments like that white trash people on the show were ruining the karma in the room. Believe me, he is out there. He met Donald Trump years ago and speaks with him on a regular basis.

I am not going to give any spoilers away for the BB6, but I will say that I have heard the BB7 is going to be an all-star version and Kelly is going to be on it.

KCITY

I am not going to give any spoilers away for the BB6, but I will say that I have heard the BB7 is going to be an all-star version and Kelly is going to be on it.

KCITY

I guess that I am not as I have not been contacted. Now BBVII as a all-star version could be possible as I heard from someone that Albert is on it as well, but you know how rumors go. I guess that they had enough of the South African and I did not show enough to move forward. That's a pity as I really enjoyed my time on the show.

Gavin

I guess that I am not as I have not been contacted. Now BBVII as a all-star version could be possible as I heard from someone that Albert is on it as well, but you know how rumors go. I guess that they had enough of the South African and I did not show enough to move forward. That's a pity as I really enjoyed my time on the show.

Gavin

They are working on a solo spin-off show for you where they follow you (and your fart machine) from tournament to tournament, and porta-potty to porta-potty.

KCITY

Does that mean you heard or think that Kelly is going to be eliminated from BB6? Cuz if he wins why would they bring him back for another?

I hope that Kelly sticks around for awhile. He keeps things interesting. He is pretty unorthodox and I like the variety. I am also pulling for him because he is a hometown favorite.

Natural golf is looked down upon by many golfers. I like to see people who are sucessful (ex. Kelly) by thinking outside the box. I do not play Natural Golf, but I like to keep an open mind on things.

kcity, spoiler your stuff please. Some of us don't want to read your comments.

Is it still a spoiler if you are wrong? :(

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I really didn't think Kelly would get eliminated on a short game challenge. A little surprised. Now we wait for the post from Gavin..............

There is not a lot that I can say about Kelly's elimination other than he was beaten by Jeff who himself is just flat out one helluva player. Jeff was on the PGA tour, he won the Phoenix Open then shared the lead at the Masters in 1980 with Seve. Jeff could have been a hall of Fame player but for getting injured, he has game and a lot of it. As the show progresses you see the skills, lessons and experience of playing on the major tours show it's head. Look who is left, Denny (many tours), Jeff, (PGA tour winner), Charlie (PGA tour, I believe), Gary (PGA tour). Kelly plays on the Canadian tour and has one helluva short game, but I have played many tournaments against Jeff and believe you me he can get it up and down from a trash can. Was I surprised, yes, was I shocked when I found out who took him out. No, not really. Jeff is the quiet guy on the show, but he is intense.

Gavin

Big Break VI contestant and looser amonst the loosers :( :(

Gavin,

Will you please fill Charlie Foxtrot and I in on some of the fart machine antics? He keeps brining it up and I imagine it had to be hilarious. Thx much for your tremendous insight!

I would have already but I gave it to one of the crew on the show. It was the same handheld device that Lesley Nielsen used in the Naked Gun series. I will do some more research on it, where to get it and such stuff when I return from Senior Euro Q-School. (I am headed out today)

Gavin

Gavin,

Will you please fill Charlie Foxtrot and I in on some of the fart machine antics? He keeps brining it up and I imagine it had to be hilarious. Thx much for your tremendous insight!

I would have already but I gave it to one of the crew on the show. It was the same handheld device that Lesley Nielsen used in the Naked Gun series. I will do some more research on it, where to get it and such stuff when I return from Senior Euro Q-School. (I am headed out today)

Gavin

Best of luck to you in the Senior Euro Q-School Gavin, make us all proud!