Advanced Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

• Feedback

0%

aus10KC last won the day on July 25 2022

aus10KC had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

aus10KC's Achievements

1. Yes Adelaide is a success in terms of lots of people going. But it's sold as a party not a golf tournament and the fans react as such. Yes the PGAT has WM and it's a party atmosphere, but the winner does get a 2 year exemption and gets into the Masters.
  2. LIV tournaments in the US try to capitalize on places the PGAT has neglected. Houston was one of those when they put the Houston Open on the fall schedule and last year didn't have a tournament... was the bridge year of no more fall schedule. New England, Chicago, PNW, Miami are others where LIV has had tournaments that the PGAT doesn't seem to make a priority. I do agree that this upcoming LIV Houston will probably be a bust.
  3. Rory wants the limited field world tour just under the PGAT banner. Cantlay, Speith and Tiger don't want that... I think they should take current tournaments around the world and bump the prize money so more guys play in it. Australian Open, Irish Open, South African Open. Then create a prize fund for the players who play the best in 8 tournaments, US Open, PGA Championship, Open, Australian Open, Irish Open, South African Open, Scottish Open, Players. The player that does the best over those 8 tournaments is the world golf champion!
  4. Australia should bump up the purse for their open. Sad how a supposedly golf crazy place has such a measley purse that the govt takes half of, Gooch wasn't happy about that last year.
  5. Most of these players don't want to have to travel around the world. If there is legit competition in the US with access to majors that pays well then it might be hard to get all of the best playing around the world. It's one thing escaping the summer heat for these guys going to UK for a couple of weeks in July. Beyond that I don't see it. As we've seen you have to pay them lots and lots of money to make that happen, and not every guy cares about the money. You think Scottie Scheffler wants to go to Bangkok to play some resort course?
  6. I think it's no surprise that Yasir and the players board are very far apart. It's about control and both sides want it. Yasir wants his world tour and to use the best players in the world which a large majority are still on PGAT. He seems like a very personable guy that is likeable. Probably a big reason why he is in his position running PIF. But his talk of growing the game blah blah I don't believe is genuine. If that were the case they'd be growing the MENA tour and developing golfers in their part of the world.
  7. How much prep did he put into coming back? It seems like he lost all his speed and needs to spend a lot of time getting it back.
  8. PGAT has already replaced Cam Smith with Jake Knapp. With the mullet and penguin apparel I could not tell the difference.
  9. Alan Shipnuck dropped a nugget about contract renegotiations. Apparently a top player isn't afraid to walk if Yasir gets stingy. Not sure how much leverage they have, depends on how the PGAT handles things on their end.
  10. PGAT has NBC, CBS and ABC locked down. Fox tried golf and gave up on it. It was always going to be an uphill battle for LIV to be on TV in the US. I think they have TV deals in other countries.
  11. How long before we see SDR in TJ Maxx and Marshalls?
  12. LIV golf app only has between 50k and 100k downloads on Android. Not sure on apple but let's presume the same. I think you have to pay for it too... If this is the way most watch, then I'd probably presume they don't have many people watching.
  13. What did Phil call them? Please quote a post that said evil. This is a pretty pointed topic with hyperbole on both sides.