Schools done

rickymcneil ·  
rickymcneilrickymcneil Members  31WRX Points: 0Posts: 31
For now lol
So I've finished school now until September the 2nd. I'm currently of 6, playing to around 2. I wanna get real good. So what should I do/work on or what?

I can do anything virtually. I'll be up at the club from 8 in the morning till 6 at night. Anyone got any good plans to follow?
Posted:

Comments

• LimestoneGolfer1LimestoneGolfer1 Members  155WRX Points: 0Posts: 155
    i'd work on 120 yards and in and putting, if you are really solid with that your bad rounds should still be acceptable scores
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sam_5_0sam_5_0 Members  287WRX Points: 75Posts: 287 Greens
    Play in as many tournaments as you can. In my opinion nothing beats the experience of competition. You learn how to win, learn how to handle defeat, and most importantly you will learn what you need to improve on the most. When the heat of competition is on it tends to put the spotlight on our weakness.

I played college golf, and I always worked during the summer only playing a 3-4 tourneys. I was always rusty come fall semester compared the guys who competed non-stop. If I could do it over again I would travel and play in as many tournaments and qualifiers as I could. Car pool, sleep on a buddy's couch, eat cheap, do whatever you can to stretch your $$ to make the next tournament.
    Posted:
  • projamieprojamie 2 iron in the MBs? Could have alot of fun with that... Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    This is my first year without the "6 week holiday"... Gonna miss it... What i did every year was play 5 days a week, practice hard on the putting and chipping area and practice hard on the swing... so practiced lol... But short game it up and you should see that naturally translating into your game...

Have a good one!
    Posted:
  • SV GolferSV Golfer Big hitter the Lama. Long. Members  182WRX Points: 55Handicap: +2Posts: 182 Fairways
    Short game, short game, short game.

Think about it... As long as you can find your ball, a good short game can save you.
    Posted:
  • teeman2116teeman2116 Jr. Boomers  400WRX Points: 55Posts: 400 Bunkers
    You should work a lot on your game from 100 yards and in. It helps to really know your distances with your wedges.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.