Bettinardi Fitting Studio

GolfchicagoGolfchicago Charter Members Posts: 2,944
I just got fitted recently at the Bettinardi studio. I bought a 33" 360 gram japanese tour head. First the studio is awesome. They had a wide variety of putters to choose from. I picked three putters that immediately felt right. I worked with the three putters for an hour on the cameras until we figured which putter was best for me. It was an awesome experience and well worht it. It helped me win my club championship again! If you want to take it to the next level, this is well worth the investement.

Comments

• nickc445nickc445 Members Posts: 531 ✭✭
    First -- congrats! Of course, Kevin and i could see this coming.

Secondly, I am way jealous of the Studio experience.

Thanks for the insight.

GO VOLS.

Nick
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,291 mod
    Golfchicago wrote on Sep 8 2005, 07:15 AM:

I just got fitted recently at the Bettinardi studio. I bought a 33" 360 gram japanese tour head. First the studio is awesome. They had a wide variety of putters to choose from. I picked three putters that immediately felt right. I worked with the three putters for an hour on the cameras until we figured which putter was best for me. It was an awesome experience and well worht it.  It helped me win my club championship again! If you want to take it to the next level, this is well worth the investement.
    »

Out of curiosity, where is the studio located, Chicago?

Also, if you don't mind, what did they charge for the session?

Thanks.
  • GolfchicagoGolfchicago Charter Members Posts: 2,944
    edited Sep 8, 2005 #4
    I think they charge 100 for the fitting. If you buy a putter, the fitting is free. Ive been there enough and know Bobby, that they were kind enough to give me a great deal. The studio is located in Tinley Park(south suburb) off I 80 near Harlem. If you are interested, call me at 7083070777 and Ill get you hooked up. Basically, if your set up or stroke doesnt need any tweaking, then they check face angle, shaft angle, length of shaft and generally how the ball reacts with each putter. It is captured on camera above behind the ball and front on. If you have a problem in your putting, it will show up. It is worth it and you get access to a lot of cool putters.
    nickc445 wrote on Sep 8 2005, 08:08 AM:
    First -- congrats!  Of course, Kevin and i could see this coming.

Secondly, I am way jealous of the Studio experience.

Thanks for the insight.

GO VOLS.

Nick
    »

Hi Nick, I seriously recommend it to anyone. It is worth gettig your putting on camera and they can make quick adjustments to loft and lie. The club is fitted to YOU not some other tour player.
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,291 mod
    Golfchicago wrote on Sep 8 2005, 09:47 AM:
    I think they charge 100 for the fitting. If you buy a putter, the fitting is free. Ive been there enough and know Bobby, that they were kind enough to give me a great deal. The studio is located in Tinley Park(south suburb) off I 80 near Harlem. If you are interested, call me at 7083070777 and Ill get you hooked up. Basically, if your set up or stroke doesnt need any tweaking, then they check face angle, shaft angle, length of shaft and generally how the ball reacts with each putter. It is captured on camera above behind the ball and front on. If you have a problem in your putting, it will show up. It is worth it and you get access to a lot of cool putters.
    »

Thanks for the info and hook up. I'll be taking a little road trip to Chicago in Oct. and will be contacting you for some more information.
  • oldpalchampoldpalchamp Members Posts: 1,204 ✭✭
    Frank, you are my hero. Do you think custom fitting could help my crappy putting stroke?
    oldpalchamp wrote on Sep 8 2005, 09:14 AM:
    Frank, you are my hero.  Do you think custom fitting could help my crappy putting stroke?
    »

Hey my friend if it can help an old **** like me, it can help you too. It is worth the drive.
  • birdieboy52birdieboy52 Banned Posts: 570
    Thanks for the info and hook up. I'll be taking a little road trip to Chicago in Oct. and will be contacting you for some more information.
    »

[/quote]

The studio is open to the public.

http://www.bettinardi.com/custom/index.html
    No problem birdieman, you can gicve mew a shout on my cell at 7083070777.
    edited Sep 13, 2005 #11
    Pics of the studio b coming soon.

Frank
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tpgrrr1tpgrrr1 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    I would love to go to this studio just to go image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Bettinardi image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

image/smilie_tm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/sonartec.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' /> image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> image/smilie_nike.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Callaway Rogue 10.5° HZRDUS 6.0 63g
    Callaway Rogue Fwy 13.5°, 17° HZRDUS 6.0 76g
    TaylorMade M4 Hyb 19°, 22° 4/1/19
    Mizuno MP-18 5-pw kbs C-Taper Lite S 10/04/18
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 2

3/7/19
    TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
    Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Tour Velvet Sure Tack midsize
    Callaway Epic Star

staff bag
    Titleist Players 4 stand bag
    Jan Craig headcovers
    Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    edited Oct 23, 2005 #13
    tpgrrr1 wrote on Sep 12 2005, 07:30 PM:
    I would love to go to this studio just to go image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />

Bettinardi image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

image/smilie_tm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />  image/sonartec.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' />  image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />  image/smilie_nike.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />  image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />
    »

I went to the studio and was custom fitted for a Bettinardi Prototype that was the third of 3. It is what Bob Bettinardi and his son Sam are using. I play junior tournaments with his son Sam and we are both sophmores so he marked the putter down from 800 bucks to 350. It is the most fun thing ever. Every putter is a prototype or tour model. No retail putters. Very friendly as well.
  • lohrm1lohrm1 Charter Members Posts: 402
    That's interesting... I thought they had mostly retail putters
  • iastategolferiastategolfer Members Posts: 125
    Frank what club are u at?
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    No one has asked? Do you have pics of the putter?
    iastategolfer wrote on Oct 23 2005, 08:44 PM:

Frank what club are u at?

Pretwick