College golf

indianshaft ·  
indianshaftindianshaft Members  956WRX Points: 0Posts: 956
year around or seasonal?
Is college golf year around or seasonal? Also do you have managers or is it just players and coaches?
Posted:

Comments

• gboldman23gboldman23 Jr. Boomers  1113WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,113
    I think it would depend where you are. If your up north i would think it would be more seasonal and down south more year round. but what do i know? I'm just a dumb high school kid
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers  1257WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,257 Platinum Tees
    College golf is played primarly in the fall and spring. There are a few tournaments in the winter, but most of them are small. From mid November-february there are almost no tournaments. My team does not have a manager, just head coach, 2 assistant coaches, and the players. I hope I have helped you.
    Posted:
  • indianshaftindianshaft Members  956WRX Points: 0Posts: 956
    Yea very helpful thanks.
    Posted:
  • bk4bk4 Members  868WRX Points: 0Posts: 868
    We started in August before classes began and then played up until December. We got of January, but played Feb-May. We also were supposed to play tournaments all summer. It can get to be a grind, and I'm pretty sure our coach exceeded NCAA rules for practice, but he's been fired now.
    Posted:
  • toys4tots16toys4tots16 Members  327WRX Points: 77Posts: 327 Greens
    Up north in wisconsin, we play from early sept to early november, then start up in march and go til june. Its a short season here and normally, we play in crappy conditions early on. With how short it is for us, we pack tourneys in, aka some times 5 tournament rounds per week...
    Posted:
  • indianshaftindianshaft Members  956WRX Points: 0Posts: 956
    bk4 wrote on Jul 18 2008, 09:01 AM:
    We started in August before classes began and then played up until December. We got of January, but played Feb-May. We also were supposed to play tournaments all summer. It can get to be a grind, and I'm pretty sure our coach exceeded NCAA rules for practice, but he's been fired now.

Where do you play golf?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
    I played at Wofford, which is a small school in the Southern Conference. Used to be dominated by College of Charleston and East Tennessee St, now it's UT-Chattanooga and Georgia Southern.
    Posted:
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members  454WRX Points: 61Posts: 454 Greens
    bk4 wrote on Jul 18 2008, 02:46 PM:
    I played at Wofford, which is a small school in the Southern Conference. Used to be dominated by College of Charleston and East Tennessee St, now it's UT-Chattanooga and Georgia Southern.

Yea, I thought it was wierd how ETSU went from dominating to not being very good this past year.
    Posted:
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers  987WRX Points: 0Posts: 987
    birdiemachine11 wrote on Jul 24 2008, 05:45 AM:

Yea, I thought it was wierd how ETSU went from dominating to not being very good this past year.

Pesky Irish people on it I tells ya image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> Seamus Power is a 3 time national U-21 champion and I caddied for Simon Doherty last year, what an outstanding talent.
    Posted:
    emc wrote on Jul 24 2008, 02:44 AM:
    birdiemachine11 wrote on Jul 24 2008, 05:45 AM:

Pesky Irish people on it I tells ya image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> Seamus Power is a 3 time national U-21 champion and I caddied for Simon Doherty last year, what an outstanding talent.

They also changed conferences.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.