2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What Has Happened To The Houston Group ?

bopper53

We Were A Once Proud Golf Nation !
The H-Town seems to be dying a slow death these days.

Is it because of the past BSG issues?

Is it because Sam left town ?

I really do not know the answers, but I wish that things could liven up either here or somewhere else?

Oh well !

I am leaving town Thursday 6/14 for Cancun to play in the sun, play some golf and watch the U.S. Open in a Mexican all inculsive sportsbar ! Serious drinking ahead !

Ole !

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We fell apart when Sam moved to the north.

He was the center-shaft that keep our Houston group pup-tent erect and proud. Now were are a deflated mass of goo.

Have fun in the south!

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

A tear is brought to my eyes guys. I like to think of myself at the 5 Minute Tour Epoxy keeping everything together. I also like to think of myself as the simple and kind mind that worked together to unite our geographic differences or our different ideals.

Prime examples include but are not limited to.....

Bringing a Longhorn (Tony) and an Aggie (Rick) together.

Bringing together a staunch supporter in the military academy ideals (Kiran) and someone who hates academies (Keith)

For the good of the group each of you can pay me $10,000 and I can move back to Houston and do nothing but coordinate Houston WRX Outings (of course I will ask the permission of WRX management)

Our world changed when the bannings were handed out. Jealous haters were sent to various parts of the globe like the Tower of Babel.

BH saw the sun, held up a magnifying glass to us ants, and we scattered.

Adam and I have posted in the same thread, we know where this is going.

I'll go ahead and alert Kiran, so he can lock it. :friends:

3 woods of a certain power A ticket to the Tom Wishon vs. Todd Thrun Power Meeting in Vegas that never happened

Sam was our rock and now that he lives in South Oklahoma....it's all gone to hell in a handbasket.

I don't think it is a coincidence that it is damn hard to find which sub-sub-sub-forum the Houston Group resides. Our days at BSG saw the thread getting bumped to the top of the food chain every day. Now that Sam, Keith, and I are "Exiles" we can never go back there to relive the glory days of the Houston Group - short that they were.

-Waylon Drew Standley

Our world changed when the bannings were handed out. Jealous haters were sent to various parts of the globe like the Tower of Babel.

BH saw the sun, held up a magnifying glass to us ants, and we scattered.

Adam and I have posted in the same thread, we know where this is going.

I'll go ahead and alert Kiran, so he can lock it. :friends:

I nominate Adam for WRX Mod Marshall. Word.

Sam was our rock and now that he lives in South Oklahoma....it's all gone to hell in a handbasket.

I don't think it is a coincidence that it is damn hard to find which sub-sub-sub-forum the Houston Group resides. Our days at BSG saw the thread getting bumped to the top of the food chain every day. Now that Sam, Keith, and I are "Exiles" we can never go back there to relive the glory days of the Houston Group - short that they were.

-Waylon Drew Standley

That is fair to say, my arrival in South Oklahoma was a glorious one. They brought the key to the city (littteraly (notice the spelling) the only key in the city). I will also agree that navigating this subforum is like piloting the Millenium Falcon (your welcome KW, Callaway rules) through a Death Star. We lost our clout because we chose not to post while on our honeymoons or post our Vandicaps (no, I won't make the fish stick joke). Drew and I are now marked men who get suspended more than Lou Pinella (insert funny line here) but all the while people still see the name KGK and say the same thing.....

"Who the hell is that guy?"

A tear is brought to my eyes guys. I like to think of myself at the 5 Minute Tour Epoxy keeping everything together. I also like to think of myself as the simple and kind mind that worked together to unite our geographic differences or our different ideals.

Prime examples include but are not limited to.....

Bringing a Longhorn (Tony) and an Aggie (Rick) together.

Bringing together a staunch supporter in the military academy ideals (Kiran) and someone who hates academies (Keith)

For the good of the group each of you can pay me $10,000 and I can move back to Houston and do nothing but coordinate Houston WRX Outings (of course I will ask the permission of WRX management)

Actually, Tony and I had a history before meeting Sammy. We first met up on a cold-Word not allowed January morning at Meadowbrook Farms where I proceeded to scare the hell out of the entire group by my proud display of shotmaking genius (by the 3rd hole, nobody would stand anywhere but behind me). It was this day that Tony secretly swore that he'd never ask me to play again and Homer lamented, "this guy Tony invited shanked it all over the f***ing world and still won $15."

BTW, some of you already know, but it was confirmed today. Schneider baby #2 is set for arrival in January. :friends:

Also - Drew, I thought you should know that the HiBore will soon be in the hands of a 5'4" 50+ year old man that can't hit his driver more than 200 or so. However, he carries the HiBore 10 yards further than anything he's ever hit so he had to have it. Hey, do you have the HC??? :tongue:

PS - if anyone has a driver shaft they are willing to part with, PM me the details. Looking for a stout S or softer X with a med. to firm tip. Not looking to break the bank here, but I'm not looking for a ProLite, either.

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

-Waylon Drew Standley

Whatever you do, DON'T BUMP! It offends people around here.

(Shameless bump for what is always an entertaining group!) :wub you Sammy!:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Haha...that's some good reading! Still can't find this darn place until I get an e-mail from golfwrx saying someone posted!

Congrats Rick on #2!

Guess what? I think only Kiran knows (b/c he's a moderator he knows everything)...but my wife is pregnant too.......w/ twins....due in early December (but probably ending up mid-late November). Maybe we can get a 4-some together? Oh wait...I don't think they will be allowed to play with Aggies... :friends:

We also found the funniest t-shirt which says "I laugh at your 1 baby" :tongue:

(It was funnier in person, ok?)

Anyways, we don't know sex yet, but are ready to get the house ready.....we were thinking a good "neutral" color would be burnt orange...what do you think?

-Waylon Drew Standley

BUMP !!!!!!!

Sorry,

But as one of the Founding Rebels of the Houston Area Group, I always have to buck the system and to right any injustice.

I am not a dissident, but a Patriot ! Sworn to breath life back into the Houston Area Group. I think that at one time these websites were created to allow all golfers to vent, shares equipment ideas and any thoughts good or bad about this great game.

But as always, when profit creeps into a entity, censorship begins to run rampant and creative ideas are stiffled. Don't let that happen here.

We are by nature a harmless group that loves to bust everyones balls, No one is safe from our wrath ! But on the other hand we are a generous group that loves the game of golf and fellowship.

The Houston Area Group could be strong again, but it would take everyones commitment. I, for one am in.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

Hey guys, am I being over sensitive or do I see some issues? Is there something I need to know??? This Kiran and bumping stuff??? Seems like I might be out of touch or something. Please PM me if there is an issue, I would like to hear more. I feel like the playground is getting rough. If I was Kiran I would be looking over my shoulder reading this. Seems the high road is lacking and I would like to understand to remedy. Seriously, Richard.

Hey guys, am I being over sensitive or do I see some issues? Is there something I need to know??? This Kiran and bumping stuff??? Seems like I might be out of touch or something. Please PM me if there is an issue, I would like to hear more. I feel like the playground is getting rough. If I was Kiran I would be looking over my shoulder reading this. Seems the high road is lacking and I would like to understand to remedy. Seriously, Richard.

Richard,

The fact that you are interested means a lot. :friends:

Like I said before, this group of guys love to bust every ones balls, but this is not to be mean spirited and done in fun. Nothing malicious here.

There has been some censorship to myself and others on this site by the MODS and if if is truly warranted we will always comply, if asked nicely...

Most complain that this area is hard to find and navigate. Not sure what to do about this, I have had no problems, although it is cut off from the mainstream WRxer and it's hard to attract new people to the group.

Thanks again for your interest.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

Tony and Rick,

Congrats on the great news and soon to be new additions to your families.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

-Waylon Drew Standley

BUMP !!!!!!!

Sorry,

But as one of the Founding Rebels of the Houston Area Group, I always have to buck the system and to right any injustice.

I am not a dissident, but a Patriot ! Sworn to breath life back into the Houston Area Group. I think that at one time these websites were created to allow all golfers to vent, shares equipment ideas and any thoughts good or bad about this great game.

But as always, when profit creeps into a entity, censorship begins to run rampant and creative ideas are stiffled. Don't let that happen here.

We are by nature a harmless group that loves to bust everyones balls, No one is safe from our wrath ! But on the other hand we are a generous group that loves the game of golf and fellowship.

The Houston Area Group could be strong again, but it would take everyones commitment. I, for one am in.

Glynn

Glynn, I would love to bust your balls and have balls busted upon by you. Drinks are on me. We are the phoenix rising from the ashes!

Keep that Surferdave guy in line. Since he left our St. Louis group, you guys will have to show him the ropes.

Drew, don't make him smell your finger.

Richard,

The fact that you are interested means a lot. :friends:

Like I said before, this group of guys love to bust every ones balls, but this is not to be mean spirited and done in fun. Nothing malicious here.

There has been some censorship to myself and others on this site by the MODS and if if is truly warranted we will always comply, if asked nicely...

Most complain that this area is hard to find and navigate. Not sure what to do about this, I have had no problems, although it is cut off from the mainstream WRxer and it's hard to attract new people to the group.

Thanks again for your interest.

Glynn

I would agree that the casual Houston WRX'er couldn't find this place with a hound. I don't think anything can be done in this cluster-f of a board. Too much is happening on my computer screen right now and I don't care for it.

There really is no high or low road to be taken concerning the Houston guys. I am the same dude online as in person (smell fingers, anyone?) and if people like to hang out, talk some golf:sports:cars:pound some beers:make disparaging remarks to cart girls and hostesses with me then I'm all good with that. If the Houston group heads to a less fraternal place where I have to watch my language or who I bust on, then I'm out. Or a solution could be that we split up into groups of Drew-type guys and Others. That way we all are together celebrating this game without being uncomfortable.

Keep that Surferdave guy in line. Since he left our St. Louis group, you guys will have to show him the ropes.

Where the hell is Dave? Settled in yet?

BTW, my finger smells of jasmine and rich mahogany.

Do you have many leather-bound books as well?

I hear you're kind of a big deal. People know you. (like your good friend JC)

Where the hell is Dave? Settled in yet?

BTW, my finger smells of jasmine and rich mahogany.

Do you have many leather-bound books as well?

I hear you're kind of a big deal. People know you. (like your good friend JC)

Houston means "whale's v*****" in German. Write that down.

edit: stupid filters

I really need to come and visit you clowns.

Dave,

Is that guest room ready yet? I'll bring you a nice set of irons when I travel....

I really need to come and visit you clowns.

Dave,

Is that guest room ready yet? I'll bring you a nice set of irons when I travel....

It would be an honor to have the Hedgehog grace our presence. Keith would be so excited. :friends:

You guys would hate me. I'm the creator of mayhem, or the provider of asylum to exiled individuals.

That said, I burn easily, get drunk too quickly and suck at golf. Sammy can substitute for me.

Lets do Fishcreek or Blackhorse when I get back from Cancun.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22