2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

idiotbox

how did you use this device? what did it do for you?

i'd love to make this work for me too.

I too suspect you are over complicating the matter.

-Grip it so it is against the base pad of your right index finger

-Feel pressure there

-Make your backswing

-From the top feel an immense amount of pressure in that pressure point, as much as you can possibly place there (sergio halfway down probably has 3x the pressure in there that you do..at least)...that immense amount of pressure means you have created lag

-Maintain that pressure all the way through impact and into your follow through

-Voila

Jeff should include this post with every PBS.

Haha. That is what this thread is for. Hopefully it helps the people who were struggling!

This thread and subsequently the PBS has done more for me than the thousands I have spent on lessons. I was lucky enough to get instruction and a little insight from the man himself and I am afraid that if I had not, I would be chasing my tail.

Jeff I have recieved the PBS and it is definitely worth it! I think it's great especially for the short game and allowing players to feel passive hands.

I was wondering what you thought about setting the right forearm on the plane of the shaft at address and the advantages and disadvantages of doing this? What is all this I am hearing about the magic of the right forearm? Also after using the PBS more it seems that I have been performing more of a right arm takeaway and what feels like more of a hitting style (rather than swinging). Feels like I am getting better compression (better accuracy), but also my swing is shorter and am lo Ising some distance. Thoughts on how to keep the accuracy and get more distance at the same time? (I know I know...everyone would love to improve both)

MD

Right Forearm on plane of the clubshaft at adjusted address is a wonderful way to start your motion! Advantages out weigh the disadvantages the biggest advantage is the Monitoring of the Clubhead Delivery Line by Tracing it along with the Right Forearm. Do this by visualizing a flashlight lashed to the Right Forearm with the #3 Pressure Point as the lens, causing its beam to move along the Reference Line. It is most important to monitor both as being on plane at the Start Down. That is MAGIC!

idiotbox

how did you use this device? what did it do for you?

i'd love to make this work for me too.

I too suspect you are over complicating the matter.

-Grip it so it is against the base pad of your right index finger

-Feel pressure there

-Make your backswing

-From the top feel an immense amount of pressure in that pressure point, as much as you can possibly place there (sergio halfway down probably has 3x the pressure in there that you do..at least)...that immense amount of pressure means you have created lag

-Maintain that pressure all the way through impact and into your follow through

-Voila

Jeff should include this post with every PBS.

Haha. That is what this thread is for. Hopefully it helps the people who were struggling!

This thread and subsequently the PBS has done more for me than the thousands I have spent on lessons. I was lucky enough to get instruction and a little insight from the man himself and I am afraid that if I had not, I would be chasing my tail.

Al,

I am so happy that I could help! We are near the final stages of booking a Pure Ball Striker Golf Get-A-Way the first week in December the 4th - 6th just outside Tampa. If anyone is interested just drop me a PM and I will get you the details once they are set. Cost will be very affordable for 3 days of instruction 4 hours daily lunch included and rounds of golf in the afternoons with private instruction available after lunch.

Thanks for the support!

Thanks Jeff and Logan,

My understanding is that the #3 pressure point creates pressure on the trigger finger from the "external weight" (gravity) of the clubshaft pushing down on the pressure point; which is created at the top and down towards the aim point. That requires a slow/careful start from the top and slowly accellerates throught impact.

But then I seem to understand some to say the a golfer should exert pressure from the triggerfinger to the clubshaft (more of an aggessive push on the #3 pressure point. I think I understood from Jeff that was acceptable for the shorter backswings.

Is there anything I said here that needs clarification?

Thank you,

Jim

discount code on a $15 item? you're kidding right?

Small piece of plastic, probably not a lot to manufacturer. Wanted to buy a bunch for the holidays and have them shipped to people I won't be seeing. 7 bucks on shipping per item out. No I wasn't kidding I was wishful thinking, but thanks for asking.

I believe the shipping is the same if you order 1 or 10. You could simply order a bunch now and ship them yourself when the holidays come. Or PM Jeff and see if there is anything he can do to accomodate your situation.

This is an awesome swing aid, been using mine for over a week now, if only i could hit it as good without the PBS as i do with it

Thanks for the kind words!

32 Ball Drill

Place you Pure Ball Striker on your club of choice, strike 4 balls with the Pure Ball Striker, then strike 4 balls without you Pure Ball Striker. Do this 4 on 4 off until you strike a total of 32 Balls.

Just saw this thread mentioned in another thread and that reminded me I wanted to post this.

But I spoke with Jeff as I had a few questions on extending my success with the PBS from a 3/4, 9 t 3 swing to a full swing. Jeff was more than gracious with his time and knowledge and spent almost a half hour with me on the phone even though it was getting a bit late where he was.

After a few practice swings from what we were talking about and I feel back on track.

Can't say enough about how good a guy Jeff was.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Just saw this thread mentioned in another thread and that reminded me I wanted to post this.

But I spoke with Jeff as I had a few questions on extending my success with the PBS from a 3/4, 9 t 3 swing to a full swing. Jeff was more than gracious with his time and knowledge and spent almost a half hour with me on the phone even though it was getting a bit late where he was.

After a few practice swings from what we were talking about and I feel back on track.

Can't say enough about how good a guy Jeff was.

rok78,

Thanks for allowing me to share with you. You have it! Keep us posted.

Eureka! finnaly got it i think it was logans post that helped me find that feeling about put the pressure there as you start the downswing.

Funny thing is the pbs kind of told me how to do it, but i do it better with out the pbs on now than with it on.

Hitting some absolutly stunning shots penetrating flight quick stop on the green

Eureka! finnaly got it i think it was logans post that helped me find that feeling about put the pressure there as you start the downswing.

Funny thing is the pbs kind of told me how to do it, but i do it better with out the pbs on now than with it on.

Hitting some absolutly stunning shots penetrating flight quick stop on the green

That is great work!

Like Eric Axley told me, "I don't need the Pure Ball Striker any more because I have it." Eric is a S&T guy on the PGA Tour and he was refering to his Left Flying Wedge.

I purchased this device about three weeks ago and decided to do an honest review of how it's affected my game and my swing.

I've spent 20-30 minutes a night for the last few weeks swinging with the PBS trying to feel pressure in my right index finger pad as I started my downswing. The first glaring mistake I've apparently been making is an overly tight and weak grip. So I've finally got my grip where it needs to be. Also about halfway down in the downswing I was feeling the pressure being released.......my right hand was taking over the swing instead of allowing my rotation to take care of the squaring of the face. So it made it very clear that I didn't have enough rotation of my lower body on the downswing which explained why my divots pointed 45* to the right.....I didn't have the ability to swing down the line because my lower body hadn't cleared out of the way and my right elbow was stuck behind me. This is a pretty tough fix when all reason in your mind tells your hands to square the clubface when in reality with a proper grip and adequate body rotation it should happen naturally.

I played my first full round on Sunday (I've had a few practice sessions with the PBS on the course) without the PBS but still trying to feel that sense of pressure in my right index finger and at the same time rotating my lower body.

Results:

I had the best ball striking round of my life. I could feel the ball seriously compressing, literally leaving ball mark dimply spots on the face of my club which showed the ball had to be compressing to leave that big of a ball mark on the face. The sound coming off the face of my irons was incredible and the distance gains were unbelievable. My 5 iron typically goes around 175 yards but on Sunday I flew a green and Skycaddie'd the shot at 197 yards! I also had a 7 iron shot out of the bunker that Skycaddie'd at 177 yards. The same impressive distance gains appeared in my 3 Wood and 5 Wood but unfortunately not in my Driver which I attribute to too light of a swingweight (C8) allowing me to lose the sense of pressure in my right index finger.

I am very impressed, obviously, with the results. I will say that you need a pretty good understanding of the swing in order to understand how to obtain the pressure and maintain the pressure in the right index finger. I will say that during my round I really wasn't thinking about my swing I was just trying to naturally let it happen......and it did. I would highly suggest picking one of these up to anyone on the fence but at the same time give it a few weeks to "click"

Great product Jeff!

Edit: I haven't cleaned my clubs from this weekend so I'm going to try and take a picture of what the ball mark on the face of my iron looked like.....it was incredible how much the ball must have been compressed to leave a mark that big.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

Cheers jeff im soo excited im absolutly buzzing, i hit this one drive so perfect it had this flight i didnt know i could do just kept rising and when it landed i could have took a laser and pointed it where i had the ball set up and it would have hit the ball pure straight.

Jones i like what you say about the sound of the shot, the sound of a purely stuck ball is so diffrent, i could close my eyes and hear how good ivbe hit it now. ( you get what i mean )

Josh I am very pleased you finally found it. Believe it or not it bothered me very much that the PBS wasn't helping you. I started this thread and basically told everyone on the forum that I think they should buy it. The fact that it wasn't working for you made me feel a little guilty. But the one thing I know, is given the right amount of time and understanding of the device, it will help EVERYONE. I'm glad your time has come.

I purchased this device about three weeks ago and decided to do an honest review of how it's affected my game and my swing.

I've spent 20-30 minutes a night for the last few weeks swinging with the PBS trying to feel pressure in my right index finger pad as I started my downswing. The first glaring mistake I've apparently been making is an overly tight and weak grip. So I've finally got my grip where it needs to be. Also about halfway down in the downswing I was feeling the pressure being released.......my right hand was taking over the swing instead of allowing my rotation to take care of the squaring of the face. So it made it very clear that I didn't have enough rotation of my lower body on the downswing which explained why my divots pointed 45* to the right.....I didn't have the ability to swing down the line because my lower body hadn't cleared out of the way and my right elbow was stuck behind me. This is a pretty tough fix when all reason in your mind tells your hands to square the clubface when in reality with a proper grip and adequate body rotation it should happen naturally.

I played my first full round on Sunday (I've had a few practice sessions with the PBS on the course) without the PBS but still trying to feel that sense of pressure in my right index finger and at the same time rotating my lower body.

Results:

I had the best ball striking round of my life. I could feel the ball seriously compressing, literally leaving ball mark dimply spots on the face of my club which showed the ball had to be compressing to leave that big of a ball mark on the face. The sound coming off the face of my irons was incredible and the distance gains were unbelievable. My 5 iron typically goes around 175 yards but on Sunday I flew a green and Skycaddie'd the shot at 197 yards! I also had a 7 iron shot out of the bunker that Skycaddie'd at 177 yards. The same impressive distance gains appeared in my 3 Wood and 5 Wood but unfortunately not in my Driver which I attribute to too light of a swingweight (C8) allowing me to lose the sense of pressure in my right index finger.

I am very impressed, obviously, with the results. I will say that you need a pretty good understanding of the swing in order to understand how to obtain the pressure and maintain the pressure in the right index finger. I will say that during my round I really wasn't thinking about my swing I was just trying to naturally let it happen......and it did. I would highly suggest picking one of these up to anyone on the fence but at the same time give it a few weeks to "click"

Great product Jeff!

Edit: I haven't cleaned my clubs from this weekend so I'm going to try and take a picture of what the ball mark on the face of my iron looked like.....it was incredible how much the ball must have been compressed to leave a mark that big.

WOW! Those are some incredible distance gains. Congrats!

Results:

Great product Jeff!

I can't wait to see those pics and thanks for the kind words.

thanks logan what did it for me was i played a round today and im using the 9-3 drill for the basis of my swing. what i find hard to do is hold the angle all the way down with out releasing like the flying wedge. with the shorter irons i do it really well and the ball striking was great but the longer clubd i just couldnt hold it.

i played well but i knew if i could hit them longer irons with the same lag id be doing beter. so in my swing i have the thought get to the back hold the lag in right hand then turn through. so i thought hmm ill try the pbs way as i got to the end of the back swing i held the lag and started turning then i felt lots of pressure on the bottom pad on the trigger finger towards my left foot.

Eureka!

My camera isn't the greatest in the world (I've got a new Canon SLR on the way) but here you go. I also had trouble angling the club to get the image on the face of the club to show up in the picture.

It's like there's an image of a golf ball on the face of my club with almost the same diameter.....serious compression given the golf ball is round! The dimples on the ball left large circle imprints on the clubface. I was also playing a NXT Tour which isn't a low compression ball. This mark was actually the bunker shot I mentioned hitting with my 7 iron....177 from a fairway bunker which is insane for me.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

My camera isn't the greatest in the world (I've got a new Canon SLR on the way) but here you go. I also had trouble angling the club to get the image on the face of the club to show up in the picture.

It's like there's an image of a golf ball on the face of my club with almost the same diameter.....serious compression given the golf ball is round! The dimples on the ball left large circle imprints on the clubface. I was also playing a NXT Tour which isn't a low compression ball. This mark was actually the bunker shot I mentioned hitting with my 7 iron....177 from a fairway bunker which is insane for me.

Nice Pic! Says it all!