Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Not hitting balls as yet.......just swinging in the backyard........the swing feels very solid with me trying to hold the pressure for as long as possible. I thought I might have a ball position problem.

You can worry about if the problem if it carries over to actually hitting balls. Practice swings and real swing are rarely even close to the same thing.

Jeff, the use of float loading cured my case of the chip yips last spring, the use of the PBS would have sped that up big time. I didn't realize the same lack of lag was causing my driver yips, but the PBS is taking care of that as well. Man, your tool is saving me a ton of cash that I probably should have spent on a shrink! :lol:

Kevin

Kevin,

The Pure Ball Striker can help with all the golfing motions and it also be used as a clown nose.

With Halloween coming up, that is a added bonus!

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

hey guys been praticing again with the pbs, and still i dont think im getting it, its hard to tell as im pratcing at a diffrent range from usual. i think im hitting the ball further, but thats proberly due to the fact i dont do anything with my hands normally and now im directing the pbs to my aiming point, which has proberly increased my swing speed. and im proberly trying harder for it to go further cause im using the pbs.

ive been trying it under the club as well as the side and that seem a tad better, but i feel im forcing that angle to hold the lag.

it feels like im realising into the ball much faster, and i do feel like i have much more control over the club face.

But i still dont think i have much lag, what kind of ball flight would should i be getting? a low to rising one? and how about grip pressure n pressure on the pbs should i be putting as much pressure as i can on the pbs?

im just haveing trouble getting my head around the fact if im directing the pressure from the aft of the club towards the ball how does that create lag?

I do want to add im not hitting the ball badly but im not getting anything too diffrent from normal

hey guys been praticing again with the pbs, and still i dont think im getting it, its hard to tell as im pratcing at a diffrent range from usual. i think im hitting the ball further, but thats proberly due to the fact i dont do anything with my hands normally and now im directing the pbs to my aiming point, which has proberly increased my swing speed. and im proberly trying harder for it to go further cause im using the pbs.

ive been trying it under the club as well as the side and that seem a tad better, but i feel im forcing that angle to hold the lag.

it feels like im realising into the ball much faster, and i do feel like i have much more control over the club face.

But i still dont think i have much lag, what kind of ball flight would should i be getting? a low to rising one? and how about grip pressure n pressure on the pbs should i be putting as much pressure as i can on the pbs?

im just haveing trouble getting my head around the fact if im directing the pressure from the aft of the club towards the ball how does that create lag?

I do want to add im not hitting the ball badly but im not getting anything too diffrent from normal

I think you're misunderstanding what type of lag that the PBS helps with, at least from my understanding. It's not accumulator lag (sergio type of lag with the left arm and club). It's the important one, the lagging of the clubhead behind the hands through impact. The bent right wrist. If accumalator lag was so important, how does JB Holmes hit it so far, or Brian Gay hit it so solid? Trevor Immelman's lag isn't that impressive either (not that it's bad either), nothing close to Sergio's. But they all have that important lag that makes PP# 3 so important.

BTW anyone feel free to correct me if my terms are off or if I'm incorrect, but that's my interpretation.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

With all the hype of this miracle aid, I expect to be scratch when the posts hit 500. I placed an order a couple of days ago.

I know that you say that in jest but if worked properly, the PBS will help your game. I am the biggest skeptic in the world and it convinced me. I wish I had a nickle for every person on the range that has asked me about it.

Good luck with it. You will see results.

I think you're misunderstanding what type of lag that the PBS helps with, at least from my understanding. It's not accumulator lag (sergio type of lag with the left arm and club). It's the important one, the lagging of the clubhead behind the hands through impact. The bent right wrist. If accumalator lag was so important, how does JB Holmes hit it so far, or Brian Gay hit it so solid? Trevor Immelman's lag isn't that impressive either (not that it's bad either), nothing close to Sergio's. But they all have that important lag that makes PP# 3 so important.

BTW anyone feel free to correct me if my terms are off or if I'm incorrect, but that's my interpretation.

You are right on the mark!

The angles are released the Cluhead Lag Pressure is sustained agianst the butt pad of the right index finger. The only the trail wrist remains bent. Remember that the accumulators are seeking their in line condition! Accumulators are released the pressure in #3PP is loaded, stored, and delivered.

This is a PM that I received today about the Pure Ball Striker.

Thanks Kevin!

Hi Jeff,

I just wanted to give you another quick update. My driver yips were so bad, I had basically quit playing, I couldn't even hit drivers on the range, and wouldn't even hit balls with anyone watching. Pretty embarrassing for a professional that used to be able to play.

The PBS got my feeling of lag back just like the old days, and it really was immediate. After hitting balls with it on the range for a couple of weeks, I was able last night to take it to the course. Jeff, even in practice on the course, I would hit it 50 yards left with a quack hook, or up to 100 yards right with a block. Not only was it crooked, but very short. Now, after getting the good feeling back, I wasn't perfect, but striped SEVERAL right down the middle and am getting my zip back. I want to play again!

Thanks again my friend for such a fantastic tool, you have restored my confidence and I will again be able to enjoy this great game!

Kevin

OK here I go. PBS arrived about one week ago, give or take a day or two. Immediately took it to the range and saw small improvements; but did not give up on it. After reviewing this post again and looking at the "blog page" it all clicked. I had two issues that needed to be addressed (grip and passive hands). Using only those thoughts I have played 3 rounds using the PBS. I literally used it the entire round, every shot except for putting. I initially tried it on the putting green but did not feel comfortable with it so I shelved that for future testing.

My first two rounds with it here in Northern California were last Friday and Saturday in 25 to 30 mph winds. I felt if I could maintain the pressure (PBS) by correcting my grip and keeping the lag in those winds I would be on to something. It was so easy, by simply concentrating on those two things with this device I was able to gain much more control of my clubface; VERY VERY Impressed with ball commpression. As we all know, the wind will only magnify every flaw in our golf swings; especially "the flip" and it rarely showed its ugly head.

Took it out for the third time earlier this week with absolutely no wind and temperatures in the mid 80s. Same swing thoughts playing a course that plays just a bit over 7000 yrds (73.9/134) and hit 12/14 fairways (12 driver and 2 3 wd swings);13/18 GIR. I struggled a bit with my short irons 8 thru SW. I seemed to be catching those a bit thin from time to time and flew or fanned the ball to the right on the greens I missed. Hitting everything from driver to 7 iron so solidly I am a little confused by this. suggestions?????

Although happy with my overall score, I am most excited about hitting fairways. I have NEVER hit so many fairways in my entire life!!! I have with out a doubt found the missing piece to MY golfing puzzle and I am thankful.

Please excuse my rant; but I told Jeff I would give comments after spending some time with it. Jeff, great product and I appreciate it. :clapping:

EJ

All most finished with HW.

Sorry but dont understand this Jeff.

Jeff i aint got a clue what that means can you explain it in leymans terms? i got the release but after that you lost me.

You have it mate I will try to PM you soon!

It's like: "Looking for love in all the wrong places!"

You have it and don't know that you have it!

It could be in the clearing of your hips?

OK here I go. PBS arrived about one week ago, give or take a day or two. Immediately took it to the range and saw small improvements; but did not give up on it. After reviewing this post again and looking at the "blog page" it all clicked. I had two issues that needed to be addressed (grip and passive hands). Using only those thoughts I have played 3 rounds using the PBS. I literally used it the entire round, every shot except for putting. I initially tried it on the putting green but did not feel comfortable with it so I shelved that for future testing.

My first two rounds with it here in Northern California were last Friday and Saturday in 25 to 30 mph winds. I felt if I could maintain the pressure (PBS) by correcting my grip and keeping the lag in those winds I would be on to something. It was so easy, by simply concentrating on those two things with this device I was able to gain much more control of my clubface; VERY VERY Impressed with ball commpression. As we all know, the wind will only magnify every flaw in our golf swings; especially "the flip" and it rarely showed its ugly head.

Took it out for the third time earlier this week with absolutely no wind and temperatures in the mid 80s. Same swing thoughts playing a course that plays just a bit over 7000 yrds (73.9/134) and hit 12/14 fairways (12 driver and 2 3 wd swings);13/18 GIR. I struggled a bit with my short irons 8 thru SW. I seemed to be catching those a bit thin from time to time and flew or fanned the ball to the right on the greens I missed. Hitting everything from driver to 7 iron so solidly I am a little confused by this. suggestions?????

Although happy with my overall score, I am most excited about hitting fairways. I have NEVER hit so many fairways in my entire life!!! I have with out a doubt found the missing piece to MY golfing puzzle and I am thankful.

Please excuse my rant; but I told Jeff I would give comments after spending some time with it. Jeff, great product and I appreciate it. :clapping:

EJ

All most finished with HW.

Sorry but dont understand this Jeff.

Had you confused with someone else! :rolleyes:

Add me to the list of people who just placed an order. Doc says I can't take full swings until another 2 weeks, but I can use it for chips and pitches in the meantime.

3JACK

3JACK,

Did you have an operation? Hope everything is all right and you can return to full speed soon!

Yes, I had an operation. Thanks for your kinds words.

I ordered the PBS back on Thursday (IIRC) and got it today. I live in Atlanta, but that's still amazingly quick.

Tried it out today with no shots longer than 40 yards. I used to play the Hooters and Teardrop tours back about 10 years ago and then basically quit the game for the last 7 years. I still had a crossover type of release that I tried to get rid of. My old instructor when I was playing tours gave me a drill that was somewhat similar to slicefixer's 9 to 3 drill. This was actually more of a 12 to 3 drill and keeping the clubface down the target line. Very, very tough to do.

Anyway, at first with the PBS I was hitting shots mostly thin, just on chip shots. Then I started to hit some chip shots pure and I really started digging it. I saw a noticeable improvement in my bunker shots, which I have been struggling with since I've made my "comeback." On the 40 yard pitch shots I probably did it right about 70% of the time, but I really liked the trajectory and feel of the shots when I did it right. Plus, when I did it wrong, I knew what I did. In the past I had a problem where taking a divot was pretty much as good as catching it fat for me. With the PBS on the 40 yard pitch shots I could take sizeable divots and still get the ball to the pin.

I'll try to hold back the excitement for now until I get back to hitting full shots (hopefully on Oct. 28th I'll find out) and I've always been extremely skeptical about swing training aids and I've been more of a swing drill player. But so far I'm already impressed with the PBS.

3JACK

Add me to the list of people who just placed an order. Doc says I can't take full swings until another 2 weeks, but I can use it for chips and pitches in the meantime.

3JACK

3JACK,

Did you have an operation? Hope everything is all right and you can return to full speed soon!

Yes, I had an operation. Thanks for your kinds words.

I ordered the PBS back on Thursday (IIRC) and got it today. I live in Atlanta, but that's still amazingly quick.

Tried it out today with no shots longer than 40 yards. I used to play the Hooters and Teardrop tours back about 10 years ago and then basically quit the game for the last 7 years. I still had a crossover type of release that I tried to get rid of. My old instructor when I was playing tours gave me a drill that was somewhat similar to slicefixer's 9 to 3 drill. This was actually more of a 12 to 3 drill and keeping the clubface down the target line. Very, very tough to do.

Anyway, at first with the PBS I was hitting shots mostly thin, just on chip shots. Then I started to hit some chip shots pure and I really started digging it. I saw a noticeable improvement in my bunker shots, which I have been struggling with since I've made my "comeback." On the 40 yard pitch shots I probably did it right about 70% of the time, but I really liked the trajectory and feel of the shots when I did it right. Plus, when I did it wrong, I knew what I did. In the past I had a problem where taking a divot was pretty much as good as catching it fat for me. With the PBS on the 40 yard pitch shots I could take sizeable divots and still get the ball to the pin.

I'll try to hold back the excitement for now until I get back to hitting full shots (hopefully on Oct. 28th I'll find out) and I've always been extremely skeptical about swing training aids and I've been more of a swing drill player. But so far I'm already impressed with the PBS.

3JACK

Swing Drill Player myself, I remember Drills to develop Skills! and the Pure Ball Striker can help with that development.

Keep us posted.

SORRY TO JACK THE TREAD

Hey Jeff just wanted to thank you from all the guys that were able to come out and play in the church tourny this past Saturday. It was the first time for a lot of the guys to have ever have played the course. The rest it had been awhile. They were well please with the way we were treated and recieved with such short notice. Kudos to you Jeff!!! The course looked good. We hope to return soon. GUYS IN THE AREA..... if you are looking for local course to host your next tourny or even a good round of golf give Jeff a call. Thanks again Jeff.

OK just so this stays a tread about PBS. I Love mine. I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING!!!!! i picked mine up.

Is the PBS work for Midsize grips? I got mine on Saturday and went out to use it yesterday and it flew off a couple of times (after contact). I guess I wasn't keeping pressure on it (it shouldn't fly off if I did) but I didn't know if the midsize grip was part of the problem as well.

Thanks

Scott

Is the PBS work for Midsize grips? I got mine on Saturday and went out to use it yesterday and it flew off a couple of times (after contact). I guess I wasn't keeping pressure on it (it shouldn't fly off if I did) but I didn't know if the midsize grip was part of the problem as well.

Thanks

Scott

I think that it would be fine with midsize grips. You already said it. It will fly off if you lose the pressure and the club twists all over at/after impact. Has flown off for me a couple times when I first started working with it.

The PBS comes with some basic printed material, all you need really... this thread is a great resource for learning more about how to use it. It is very simple and one of the reasons it is the only training aid I have stuck with and use constantly.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Jeff,

With all the interest in the PBS and several inquires on how to use the device are you planning a video soon to clarify and help all of us better understand the proper way of using the gadget.

it's just some of us are slower then others.

thanks,

Isn´t there any instruction with the pbs ? - a lot of text is nice if you want to read books, but a golf aid there hopefully are pictures how this is meant to work - what to do and what not to do

Jeff is planning a DVD but it is not out yet. This thread is more than enough instruction on how to use the PBS. The other thing is that there is not ONE proper way to use it. Very individualistic, as are the feelings it helps you create, which is the point of the product. The blog is a good spot to peruse as well.

The PBS comes with some basic printed material, all you need really... this thread is a great resource for learning more about how to use it. It is very simple and one of the reasons it is the only training aid I have stuck with and use constantly.

Kevin

What he said.

just got mine a couple of days ago and extremely happy with the purchase. it worked great on my irons and fairway woods but having trouble using it with my driver. it feels uncomfortable through the swing. it feels like im loosing my grip and unable to hold it properly but like i said it was great with the other clubs. anyone have this issue and figured it out on how to resolve it? should i just sucked it up and keep using it on my driver til i get the right feeling? thanks!

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

Great thread! (cool) Just goes to show you when something gets in the right consumers hands.

I wear out my grips where this device attaches, specifically where my right thumb is on the club, I'm hopefully this will emphasize what is going on there during the swing. :WTF:

This is exactly what the type of training aid I have been looking for. Thanks!

Driver PXG GEN4 0811x (9) / Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White
Fairway:  PXG GEN4 (13) / 14.0 

Hybrid:  PXG 0317 X  PXG GEN4 (19) / Mitsubishi MMT 80
Irons:  PXG PXG GEN4 0311 P (4 - Pw) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Wedge:  PXG Sugar Daddy Forged (50/9, 54/10 and 58/9) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Putter:  PXG Closer, 39.5" ArmLock
Ball:  Bridgestone B X
Bag:  PXG - Fairway White Camo Cary/Stand

Great thread! (cool) Just goes to show you when something gets in the right consumers hands.

I wear out my grips where this device attaches, specifically where my right thumb is on the club, I'm hopefully this will emphasize what is going on there during the swing. :WTF:

This is exactly what the type of training aid I have been looking for. Thanks!

Enjoy it and keep us posted on your results!

for me with the driver it works best with the pbs under the club.

For me as a devloping player is some times i work so hard on the pbs that i forget about other parts of my swing and have a nightmare.

Though now i know, its about having the hands ahead of the ball at impact and not "acumelator lag" its become easier

for me with the driver it works best with the pbs under the club.

For me as a devloping player is some times i work so hard on the pbs that i forget about other parts of my swing and have a nightmare.

Though now i know, its about having the hands ahead of the ball at impact and not "acumelator lag" its become easier

Great Stuff!

Hey all. I ordered my PBS last week. I'm really looking forward to giving it a go very soon -- fingers crossed it has the desired result! So excuse my ignorance, but all this business about power accumulators and PP3s has raised my interest in the more technical side of swing mechanics. I've read 5 Lessons plenty of times, but what's the best resource book on the technical stuff (assuming I lack a PhD in bio-mechanics and keniseology, which I do ;) )? Swing Machine Golf? Something else? Thx.