Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Here are a few questions for a golfwrx member with my answers.

BTW the member gave me the O.K. to post these.

This might be long!

Jeff, I just received the PBS and tried it on however I have some questions. I'm I suppose to feel that I'm holding the shaft back by applying pressure with my index finger towards my right shoulder until I release thru impact? or I'm I suppose to aim in line with my big left toe and apply pressure towards the toe and thru? I did shank a couple of times - have not done that for a long time - I'm I holding lag to long? should the index finger be that far from others when using or not using the PBS. when I put the PBS on I get the feel that I need to add forward pressure towards my left toe, but would it not be throwing the club from top? I hope you can answer my questions, thanks Jeff. § I'm I suppose to feel that I'm holding the shaft back by applying pressure with my index finger towards my right shoulder until I release thru impact? No! Allow the your trigger finger to be directed towards the bottom of you swing arc while keeping you right wrist bent. Holding the shaft back will start the clubhead towards the ball first and will throw-away your power and control and may cause Shanking! § or I'm I suppose to aim in line with my big left toe and apply pressure towards the toe and thru? Post #200 Before I get started let me qualify that I have verified this to be true for myself and have much success working these concepts into my clients golf strokes and games. So, do not take my word for it, attempt to verify it for yourselves first, if it works it is yours, if not leave it for someone else. Below can be found the general definitions of the Power Package according to Homer Kelley in his book called The Golfing Machine. The Golfing Machine is the computer age approach to G.O.L.F. "Geometrically Oriented Linear Force." Forgive me if this does not go over well! The Power Package This concept isolates/defines the function of the HANDS and ARMS in propelling the CLUBHEAD into IMPACT. The Power Package includes (4) Power Accumulators (4) Pressure Points their Loading and the Clubhead Lag. Every Stroke includes a Power Package Assembly and the (5) step sequence of their operation; Accumulation, Load, Storage, Delivery and Release § I did shank a couple of times - have not done that for a long time - I'm I holding lag to long? Post #121 Direct your hands towards the bottom of your swing arc! Bottom of the swing arc is forward of the ball in-line with your left shoulder. The ball is to the right of the swing arc. Place the ball back and slightly inside. So, from the top of your motion direct your hands towards the bottom of the arc while releasing your angles and feeling/sensing you clubhead lag pressure. Remember this feel maybe elusive but the Pure Ball Striker will help create the feel. § should the index finger be that far from others when using or not using the PBS. Post #161 Funny that you should talk about the gap between the index finger and middle finger. I talked with Gary McCord at the FBR Open this year and one of the first things he asked me was did I understand the Physics behind the GAP that your refered to. All I said was "I do understand it!" and I guess by the look on my face he knew that I did. But it supports the dymanics of the golf shaft loading against the hands by creating a larger than normal surface area to support its loading action. Gary said that "all the better players had that and if I could get this to the masses it would help many golfers that are struggling § when I put the PBS on I get the feel that I need to add forward pressure towards my left toe, but would it not be throwing the club from top? No! throw-away is starting the clubhead to the ball first. Start the hands toward the bottom of the swing arc not the clubhead. Starting the clubhead first will also cause Shanking.

I have been doing some research on the Golfing Machine theory, reading a lots of posts in different forums and reading the little yellow book as well. I think I am beginning to finally understand the thing, really wish there was a Golfing Machine for dummies LOL. Here is what I am learning about my swing. I am waaaaaay more accurate with an angled hinge release, and the PBS is helping me maintain PP#3. I am really working on rotating through the shot with my pivot, I am finding PP#4 a little elusive. I find that pressure on the backswing with PP#2 helps get the club on plane during the backswing.

What is the purpose of PP#1?? Is this something I should feel on the downswing?

Also my straight line delivery path is not consistant, I want the handle to swing left and release passively, no DTL slinging/flipping, but I am having issues combineing the two consistantly.

Overall I am seeing more consistancy striking the ball at the range, but my distance is inconsistant, I am having a hard time really hitting it with a lot of power but I am hitting it more solid all the time and pretty straight. My theory for my next range session is to begin the downswing pivot more slowly and excelerate through the ball......maybe I will retain more lag????and hit it with a little more speed????

Thanks again for all your help the PBS is certainly helping

PS, I seem to be taking bigger divots, might need more bounce on my SW/LW, seem to be digging more with 8* of bounce. Is this typical with this sort of action?

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Thanks Jeff for delivering my PBS in a very timely fashion.

I have hit a few balls with it from clubs from wedge through driver.

I don't have any questions for you at the moment, am happy to skim this thread for other folks' questions.

I am really not a big 'range guy', I find too much time hitting balls counterproductive. Since getting the PBS I have focused on creating some more lag and taking divots with my shorter irons.

I have surprised myself with how much more distance I can get! I was sitting at 140 yards on #18 with a front pin, and decided to hit my 8-iron (which would normally stick me to the front of the green from about 125 yards). I happened to be on a very nice piece of fairway so I focused on taking a divot and almost flew the green. The ball was on the back of the green and I made a dreamlike 40 foot putt for a birdie.

I am taking a little while to get the feel of the PBS and incorporate it into my normal swing - I usually pick the ball off the turf even though I know taking a divot is the right way - I am hoping that I can use the PBS to increase my awareness of hitting down on the ball.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I don't have any questions for you at the moment, am happy to skim this thread for other folks' questions.

I am really not a big 'range guy', I find too much time hitting balls counterproductive. Since getting the PBS I have focused on creating some more lag and taking divots with my shorter irons.

I have surprised myself with how much more distance I can get! I was sitting at 140 yards on #18 with a front pin, and decided to hit my 8-iron (which would normally stick me to the front of the green from about 125 yards). I happened to be on a very nice piece of fairway so I focused on taking a divot and almost flew the green. The ball was on the back of the green and I made a dreamlike 40 foot putt for a birdie.

I am taking a little while to get the feel of the PBS and incorporate it into my normal swing - I usually pick the ball off the turf even though I know taking a divot is the right way - I am hoping that I can use the PBS to increase my awareness of hitting down on the ball.

Sounds like you have very little angle of descent. Using the pure ball striker properly will cure that in a hurry. Like you said, your iron distances will increase great amounts when you start directing your lag pressure properly.

Here is a few more replies about the Pure Ball Striker Training Device that was PM to me.

2nd time out with pbs. Warmed up with pbs on club. Played without it and achieved same feeling letting lag of club apply the contact to trigger finger as opposed to squeezing or applying pressure with fingers. As an added benefit this improved and maintained my grip pressure throughout the swing. I've played golf for 30+ years and this is the first time I've been able to isolate the feeling of lag. Thanks again

I should have added the benefits go throughout the bag from putter to driver with a sense of where the club head is and having control of it.

Got pbs in mail yesterday. Had already played in the morning, good day of ball striking. Went back out with pbs and made mistake of hitting full shots from the beginning. Pbs actually flew off the club at one point (remember I'm from WV). Pressure points all wrong. Settled down, kept contact with pbs thru the swing and HELLO. Completely different sound and ball flight. Balls were within feet of each other. The grip adjustment was very subtle, not so much pressure as maintaining contact.

What great results! Keep us posted.

I have been doing some research on the Golfing Machine theory, reading a lots of posts in different forums and reading the little yellow book as well. I think I am beginning to finally understand the thing, really wish there was a Golfing Machine for dummies LOL. Here is what I am learning about my swing. I am waaaaaay more accurate with an angled hinge release, and the PBS is helping me maintain PP#3. I am really working on rotating through the shot with my pivot, I am finding PP#4 a little elusive. I find that pressure on the backswing with PP#2 helps get the club on plane during the backswing.

Also my straight line delivery path is not consistant, I want the handle to swing left and release passively, no DTL slinging/flipping, but I am having issues combineing the two consistantly.

Overall I am seeing more consistancy striking the ball at the range, but my distance is inconsistant, I am having a hard time really hitting it with a lot of power but I am hitting it more solid all the time and pretty straight. My theory for my next range session is to begin the downswing pivot more slowly and excelerate through the ball......maybe I will retain more lag????and hit it with a little more speed????

PS, I seem to be taking bigger divots, might need more bounce on my SW/LW, seem to be digging more with 8* of bounce. Is this typical with this sort of action?

Yes, bigger divots with shorter clubs less divots with longer clubs. Has to do with ball location and the direction that the player is sending their hands in.

Yes, bigger divots with shorter clubs less divots with longer clubs. Has to do with ball location and the direction that the player is sending their hands in.

How about PP#1 when should I feel pressure there????

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Jeff,

I remember from my Homer Kelly training that there was a type of swing called the "Automatic Full Release". That seemed to hold some interest for me because anything that is called "automatic" holds a promise that by just consciously doing a few things that the other stuff would happen automatically. What I remember is just trying to pull the butt of the club down towards a target point at the bottom of the arc. ( I am sure there is more than that to it). Since I swing the club versus hitting; is that something that may hold some promise for me?

Thanks,

Jim

I am one of the lucky ones that has been able to meet Jeff in person. First off, I have never met a person who is more passionate about golf instruction. The man loves to share his knowledge. And a fountain he is. When I pulled up to the course that he works at, it was raining and he was giving instruction to the guys taking shelter from the rain. I had the pleasure of talking to and learning from him for over an hour. I wished that I would have listened more than I talked. He is very technical but he makes it easy to understand. Jeff's excitement about teaching makes you excited about learning. As I mentioned to him, I wish he lived closer so that I could take lessons from him.

He showed me some of the basics of what the PBS is meant to do and it is so simple that it is mind boggling. If the PBS were to cost $100, it would still be a steal. I have gotten more from his simple invention than I have from years of lessons. Nothing against my coach but his style never gave me the "feeling" that the PBS gives you. I have been reading this thread daily and I have seen the "feeling" being mentioned. That "feeling" leads to a purely struck ball. That feeling is like nothing else. It reminds me of the feeling of hitting a home run. You know the instant that the ball hits the bat that you have hit the sweet spot and that the ball is going for a ride.

Mind you, the PBS is not a cure all. If your swing has a foundation of sand, it won't fix it. It won't take someone who has never played golf and make them the next Tiger. It will, however, fix many flaws that cause us to hit the ball poorly. It also may not fix the same thing in everyone. For me, it fixed my grip and my tempo. Two issues that I have fought since starting this wonderful game 5 yrs ago. When I say it fixed my grip, it actually tore my hand up pretty bad. I ripped a callous off my left hand because my old grip was really wrong and the PBS put me in the proper grip. My hand didn't like that at first but it got over it.

Too be honest with you, the progress that it has made in my putting is worth more than the price of admission. I tried putting first and it really opened my eyes. I next moved to wedges and then finally to irons and driver. At first, it felt a little unnatural but it soon felt really natural. The "feeling" lets you know exactly where the face of the club is at all times in the swing. I can now let my body open and shut the face without the hands doing a thing. My swing is now boring but repeatable. I now play boring golf. I have always wanted to play boring golf. I hit fairways and greens and putt like I know that I could. All of this happened within the span of about 48hrs however your mileage may vary. I had a good foundation but I just needed something to get me out of the rut that I was in. I believe said that I was in the second stage of learning. I felt more like that I was in purgatory. Now I know that I am going up rather than down. That is a good feeling.

Jeff asked that I give him honest feedback, good or bad, and I promised him that I would. I told him that if it didn't work for me, I would post my experience. I also told him that if it did work, I would explain how and why. I apologize if I have been verbose but as I told Jeff, I wanted my review to do justice to his product.

If you are on the fence about picking one up, don't think twice. It works. Plain and simple. It may not fix you as fast as it did me but it will put you on the path to hitting that pure shot that we all crave. I have honestly picked up at least a club in both my long and short irons and even my wedges. It has straightened out my bad drives that were caused by bad tempo. If you want to get that "feeling" pick up a PBS, you won't be disappointed. Give it a chance and it will make you both a better ball striker and better player.

I apologize if this has come off as a love fest but I am excited about where this invention and more importantly, Jeff has taken my game. I have thanked you privately but I want to thank you publicly for your time and your product. You are great guy and hopefully our paths will cross again.

al

I am one of the lucky ones that has been able to meet Jeff in person. First off, I have never met a person who is more passionate about golf instruction. The man loves to share his knowledge. And a fountain he is. When I pulled up to the course that he works at, it was raining and he was giving instruction to the guys taking shelter from the rain. I had the pleasure of talking to and learning from him for over an hour. I wished that I would have listened more than I talked. He is very technical but he makes it easy to understand. Jeff's excitement about teaching makes you excited about learning. As I mentioned to him, I wish he lived closer so that I could take lessons from him.

He showed me some of the basics of what the PBS is meant to do and it is so simple that it is mind boggling. If the PBS were to cost $100, it would still be a steal. I have gotten more from his simple invention than I have from years of lessons. Nothing against my coach but his style never gave me the "feeling" that the PBS gives you. I have been reading this thread daily and I have seen the "feeling" being mentioned. That "feeling" leads to a purely struck ball. That feeling is like nothing else. It reminds me of the feeling of hitting a home run. You know the instant that the ball hits the bat that you have hit the sweet spot and that the ball is going for a ride.

Mind you, the PBS is not a cure all. If your swing has a foundation of sand, it won't fix it. It won't take someone who has never played golf and make them the next Tiger. It will, however, fix many flaws that cause us to hit the ball poorly. It also may not fix the same thing in everyone. For me, it fixed my grip and my tempo. Two issues that I have fought since starting this wonderful game 5 yrs ago. When I say it fixed my grip, it actually tore my hand up pretty bad. I ripped a callous off my left hand because my old grip was really wrong and the PBS put me in the proper grip. My hand didn't like that at first but it got over it.

Too be honest with you, the progress that it has made in my putting is worth more than the price of admission. I tried putting first and it really opened my eyes. I next moved to wedges and then finally to irons and driver. At first, it felt a little unnatural but it soon felt really natural. The "feeling" lets you know exactly where the face of the club is at all times in the swing. I can now let my body open and shut the face without the hands doing a thing. My swing is now boring but repeatable. I now play boring golf. I have always wanted to play boring golf. I hit fairways and greens and putt like I know that I could. All of this happened within the span of about 48hrs however your mileage may vary. I had a good foundation but I just needed something to get me out of the rut that I was in. I believe said that I was in the second stage of learning. I felt more like that I was in purgatory. Now I know that I am going up rather than down. That is a good feeling.

Jeff asked that I give him honest feedback, good or bad, and I promised him that I would. I told him that if it didn't work for me, I would post my experience. I also told him that if it did work, I would explain how and why. I apologize if I have been verbose but as I told Jeff, I wanted my review to do justice to his product.

If you are on the fence about picking one up, don't think twice. It works. Plain and simple. It may not fix you as fast as it did me but it will put you on the path to hitting that pure shot that we all crave. I have honestly picked up at least a club in both my long and short irons and even my wedges. It has straightened out my bad drives that were caused by bad tempo. If you want to get that "feeling" pick up a PBS, you won't be disappointed. Give it a chance and it will make you both a better ball striker and better player.

I apologize if this has come off as a love fest but I am excited about where this invention and more importantly, Jeff has taken my game. I have thanked you privately but I want to thank you publicly for your time and your product. You are great guy and hopefully our paths will cross again.

al

Good post. The line about 100 dollars being a steal is exactly how I feel. You just can't put a price on what the PBS can do for a golf swing.

al

Al,

Thanks for the post! It was great to share time with you that rainy morning. How did you play that weekend herd you are now considered a sandbagger (SB).

i have the PBS and have a quick question to those of you already using

do you guys put your index finger on the side of the PBS putting pressure toward the shaft or do you put it towards the bottom of the PBS and put pressure coming back towards you... both feel good to me but im wondering which is more correct?

i have the PBS and have a quick question to those of you already using

do you guys put your index finger on the side of the PBS putting pressure toward the shaft or do you put it towards the bottom of the PBS and put pressure coming back towards you... both feel good to me but im wondering which is more correct?

Both are correct. Which gives the best results? Great points BTW this may help others identify their feel of Clubhead Lag Pressure.

Jeff,

I remember from my Homer Kelly training that there was a type of swing called the "Automatic Full Release". That seemed to hold some interest for me because anything that is called "automatic" holds a promise that by just consciously doing a few things that the other stuff would happen automatically. What I remember is just trying to pull the butt of the club down towards a target point at the bottom of the arc. ( I am sure there is more than that to it). Since I swing the club versus hitting; is that something that may hold some promise for me?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

Could you send me your invoice # via my e-mail at [email protected].

Just got my PBS and im soo excited, pretty fast from the us to the uk too. atm im hitting the ball really well straight and longish, but i know i lack lag, and hit the ball thin quite a bit and dont take much of a divot, and i dont really get that pentrating rising flight. im hoping this will help me out.

I love the PBS too....honestly use it every day....the true secret to the game.....when the shaft is stressed by weight of a clubhead resisting a change of direction or other velocity source the pressure is felt in your right hand index finger and should be maintained to produce a constant rate of acceleration and a solid shot....this is why swinging heavy clubs produces more clubhead speed for alot of folks...it increases the pressure on your right hand index finger due to the increased weight and if you keep that same amount of high pressure with a normal driver w/ a 65 gram shaft it will produce faster speed...got to keep that pressure there until the ball is gone.

This pressure(secret) doesn't have to be isolated to your right index finger....some feel it in their left armpit....some their right hand pressing on to their left hand thump....and others in the last three fingers of their left hand....or all of the above....it is recommended to feel it and direct it with your right index finger because the benefits of plane tracing of the right forearm and index finger are quite beneficial.

If you maintain a clubhead lag pressure point....have clubface control with your left wrist....and trace your sweetspot through the ball....let me know before we make the bets :D

Interesting......explains why I sometimes hit my 4 iron as far as my driver.....I'm not maintaining that pressure on my right index finger with my Driver. I could never figure out why I hit steel shafted woods and irons really far but any club that has a light and long shaft I don't hit very far.

Makes perfect sense.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

al

Al,

Thanks for the post! It was great to share time with you that rainy morning. How did you play that weekend herd you are now considered a sandbagger (SB).

I play to an 8 and I shot 73 gross net 65 and the team that won still complained about me. It was the lowest round of the day out of 72 teams. Sunday was very windy and conditions were not conducive to scoring. I have never hit the ball better or purer than I did that day. Your invention is the reason.

How about PP#1 when should I feel pressure there????

#1 Pressure Point goes with #1 Power Accumulator #1PP is located in the heel of the right hand where is touches either the left thumb or the grip.

Usually the pressure is there when #3PP is loaded.

I select my Pressure Points and the whole bit in my setup:

1) Clubface to Target Line

2) Hands to Ball

3) Plane Angle

4) Pressure Points

5) Right Forearm Location

Today I worked through most of a bucket of balls with my PBS. I went out and played a few practice holes and almost flew an uphill 155 yard par 3 with my 7 iron (I usually hit 6 iron to barely get to the back). I hit a drive on a par 4 that was a good 20 yards longer than I usually sit on that hole; I had 125 yards to the middle of the green and hit six balls in a row with my PW (I normally hit my PW 100 yards) onto the green. I almost flew that green once with a particularly smooth and vigorous swing, too.

I switched to a stronger grip with my irons at the same time as I got the PBS (a couple of days ago) and the combination of this grip change and my sense of lag and hitting down on the ball instead of throwing my lag away is amazing. My swing is tighter and a bit more controlled with the short irons.

I am totally sold and will continue to work with the PBS on the range, I am finding great consistency, but the more I can find, the better. I can't believe how much power I was throwing away before!! :cheesy:

Oh and Busman I would bet you get your PBS in about 3-5 days, Jeff ships USPS first class in an envelope.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Today I worked through most of a bucket of balls with my PBS. I went out and played a few practice holes and almost flew an uphill 155 yard par 3 with my 7 iron (I usually hit 6 iron to barely get to the back). I hit a drive on a par 4 that was a good 20 yards longer than I usually sit on that hole; I had 125 yards to the middle of the green and hit six balls in a row with my PW (I normally hit my PW 100 yards) onto the green. I almost flew that green once with a particularly smooth and vigorous swing, too.

I switched to a stronger grip with my irons at the same time as I got the PBS (a couple of days ago) and the combination of this grip change and my sense of lag and hitting down on the ball instead of throwing my lag away is amazing. My swing is tighter and a bit more controlled with the short irons.

I am totally sold and will continue to work with the PBS on the range, I am finding great consistency, but the more I can find, the better. I can't believe how much power I was throwing away before!! :cheesy:

Oh and Busman I would bet you get your PBS in about 3-5 days, Jeff ships USPS first class in an envelope.

Believe it! The Power and Control has always been there now you can access it at YOUR WILL!Your understanding is the Power! Great work keep us posted.

hi jeff,

i just ordered one yesterday. what's the eta to get it shipped? thanks! looking forward to pure ball striking :cheesy:

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link