Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Heard about this tonight from a friend who bought one and brought it to the range.

Tried it a few times, basically my ballflight went from nid high with a hybrid to perfect trajectory, dead center of the face. Struggled a bit with it on the short irons for some reason. Worked awesome on the driver.

any ideas what might be causing the issues on the short irons? either in my setup or i may be moving possibly?

btw i ordered 2 of them tonight after i got home.

Could be ball location is to far forward with short irons.

Took it to the range today for the first time, I found that when using it I tended to hit a lot of low fades, but often with better compression, and about 3/4 speed. When I lost connection with the pressure point I really hit bad shots....almost lost my hold on the club LOL. Overall I was getting the hang of it untill I went to full swings then........

I found after some experimenting that if I kinda did the old school drag and load and set the club more towards the end of my swing I was able to maintain the pressure better, and create what felt like more lag.

So is it a good idea to center the butt end of the club more in line with my hands...pointing more at my navel? then feel it drag and load....maintain the pressure on the PBS and then rotate through the shot?

I also hit a few shanks and found that I was shoving my hands towards the ball trying to find the bottom of my arch as you suggested, I found that when I rotated more left and forgot about finding the bottom of the arch that I hit it more solid. But this was only on full swings not 1/2 to 3/4 swings.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Took it to the range today for the first time, I found that when using it I tended to hit a lot of low fades, but often with better compression, and about 3/4 speed. When I lost connection with the pressure point I really hit bad shots....almost lost my hold on the club LOL. Overall I was getting the hang of it untill I went to full swings then........

I found after some experimenting that if I kinda did the old school drag and load and set the club more towards the end of my swing I was able to maintain the pressure better, and create what felt like more lag.

So is it a good idea to center the butt end of the club more in line with my hands...pointing more at my navel? then feel it drag and load....maintain the pressure on the PBS and then rotate through the shot?

I also hit a few shanks and found that I was shoving my hands towards the ball trying to find the bottom of my arch as you suggested, I found that when I rotated more left and forgot about finding the bottom of the arch that I hit it more solid. But this was only on full swings not 1/2 to 3/4 swings.

You have the idea. If you are hitting shanks, you are likely getting under plane on the downswing and lagging the hosel (common mistake when learning to sense lag pressure). If you are sensing pp3 properly, a shank should never happen.

The old school "float loading" type action is a good way to feel lag.

Also, "mid body hands" at address is definitely the way to go. I really don't care much for any kind of pre set forward hands at address.

i just pulled the trigger on one of these. very excited to try it out! i've never used any type of training aid before, this will be a first for me.

Unfortunately you are probably going to spoil yourself by your first being one so simplistic yet so effective. Most are not so simple nor very effective!

i just discovered something else while working with my PBS yesterday. Before to create lag i would do the buggy wipe move yesterday working with the PBS i discovered a feeling that i have not had before. that of constant and consistent acceleration all the way to my finish. it was a great feeling, when i take the PBS of i lose the feeling some what but at least i have something to look for in my swing and that is the only swing thought i have ben using as of late.

the results have been outstanding, a very powerful balllight with a slight draw, i would like to get it to be a baby fade, but that is something that i can work on down the line but as for now, best contact that i have made i months.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Thanks Jeff, I just received mine today and can't wait to try it.

Just a quick question though, do I need to know the PP numbers that keep getting mentioned here??

No! But if your are interested we can talk about the pressure points and what goes with them and why they are important.

Probably don't need to know Jeff eh? :cheesy: I might get over-confused ;)

Basically, I try and keep the pressure on PP3 for as long as possible (for greater lag) and on the downswing aim the butt of the club at the bottom of the swing arc?

Does this give me a good starting point to try and understand it :cheesy:

Thanks Jeff, I just received mine today and can't wait to try it.

Just a quick question though, do I need to know the PP numbers that keep getting mentioned here??

No! But if your are interested we can talk about the pressure points and what goes with them and why they are important.

Probably don't need to know Jeff eh? :cheesy: I might get over-confused ;)

Basically, I try and keep the pressure on PP3 for as long as possible (for greater lag) and on the downswing aim the butt of the club at the bottom of the swing arc?

Does this give me a good starting point to try and understand it :cheesy:

I don't think anyone would get confused as long as they have an open mind and this is a general statement not directed towards anyone. Sorry for the quick and short answer mate. I would find it fun to write about this subject the pressure point however I would like to cover the entire Power Package and the pressure points are covered within.

Generally you are correct! I will add more soon!

Is the PBS meant to be gripped with the trailing hand thumb on the flat or not?

On the PBS website the thumb is shown off the PBS but on the Garrett Willis clip on utube shows his thumb on the flat of the PBS. Is there any "wrong" way to grip it?

Garret Willis PBS Clip On Utube

Based on the individual player it can be on top or to the side leftside.

i like to put it to the left resting against the flat part of the PBS on the grip itself.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Before I get started let me qualify that I have verified this to be true for myself and have much success working these concepts into my clients golf strokes and games. So, do not take my word for it, attempt to verify it for yourselves first, if it works it is yours, if not leave it for someone else.

Below can be found the general definitions of the Power Package according to Homer Kelley in his book called The Golfing Machine. The Golfing Machine is the computer age approach to G.O.L.F. "Geometrically Oriented Linear Force."

Forgive me if this does not go over well!

The Power Package

This concept isolates/defines the function of the HANDS and ARMS in propelling the CLUBHEAD into IMPACT.

The Power Package includes (4) Power Accumulators (4) Pressure Points their Loading and the Clubhead Lag.

Every Stroke includes a Power Package Assembly and the (5) step sequence of their operation; Accumulation, Load, Storage, Delivery and Release.

I put in my order over the weekend and haven't heard anything back other than the order confirmation email; I look forward to getting it although the days are getting shorter and shorter. Not much time left for practicing this year!

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I put in my order over the weekend and haven't heard anything back other than the order confirmation email; I look forward to getting it although the days are getting shorter and shorter. Not much time left for practicing this year!

Steven,

I understand and thanks. I sent it out this morning! Give it 2 to 3 days.

Whats the difference between the model out now and the tour model, does it have a circle T or something?

Thanks for the question beachgrovejunior! The TM version has an 11 degree notch cut out for the trail thumb and requires the most percise application of direction control.

Guess Im not going to pull the trigger on one of these and just wait for the tour model, sounds pretty good

Power Package (Continued)

Structure

The Power Package is basically a TRIANGLE called the Triangle Assembly. The Left Arm forms Side (1) of the Triangle, the Shoulders forms Side (2) of the Triangle and from the Right Shoulder to the Hands forms Side (3) of the Triangle. Whether the Right Arm is bent or straight the only side of the Triangle that changes shape is side (3).

Whats the difference between the model out now and the tour model, does it have a circle T or something?

Thanks for the question beachgrovejunior! The TM version has an 11 degree notch cut out for the trail thumb and requires the most percise application of direction control.

Guess Im not going to pull the trigger on one of these and just wait for the tour model, sounds pretty good

I would probably start with the original anyway. Much like a dave pelz putting clip. You don't open the package and slam a "superpro" on there. You start at "standard" and work your way up.

Lever Assemblies

There are (2) THE PRIMARY LEVER ASSEMBLY and THE SECONDARY LEVER ASSEMBLY.

THE PRIMARY LEVER ASSEMBLY

Consider the Left Arm and the Clubshaft together as the Primary Lever Assembly. The Left Shoulder is the Fulcrum/Pivot Point. With this assembly being propelled by the Arms.

THE SECONDARY LEVER ASSEMBLY

In the Secondary Level Assembly consider the Left Wrist as the Fulcrum/Pivot Point. With this assembly being propelled by the Hands.

Coming up next is the Power Accumulators and Step (1) of the (5) Step sequence of the Power Package, Accumulation, Laod, Storage, Delivery, and Release.

Lever Assemblies

There are (2) THE PRIMARY LEVER ASSEMBLY and THE SECONDARY LEVER ASSEMBLY.

THE PRIMARY LEVER ASSEMBLY

Consider the Left Arm and the Clubshaft together as the Primary Lever Assembly. The Left Shoulder is the Fulcrum/Pivot Point. With this assembly being propelled by the Arms.

THE SECONDARY LEVER ASSEMBLY

In the Secondary Level Assembly consider the Left Wrist as the Fulcrum/Pivot Point. With this assembly being propelled by the Hands.

Coming up next is the Power Accumulators and Step (1) of the (5) Step sequence of the Power Package, Accumulation, Laod, Storage, Delivery, and Release.

looking forward to that!

Step (1) Power Accumulation generally speaking is the force applied to the ball through the Lever Assemblies.

Power is applied to the Lever Assemblies through the Pressure Points and Power is applied to the Pressure Points by the Power Accumulators.

Power Accumulators are out of line conditions of the Power Package Components. Out of line meaning NOT in a straight line from end to end. To release them to seek their in line condition releases their stored potential. Accumulate is the gathering or to amass.

Important note here Clubhead Lag is also an out of line condition but is not an Accumulator because if it is released it is a Power Loss. For Example: starting the clubhead to the ball first is a Power Loss so Direct the hands first allowing the clubhead to Lag/Trail.

At this point this information seems fragmented it will start and become more orderly as I continue.

Power Accumulator #1

It is number one because it is the most used and not because it is the best.

Power Accumulator #1 is the bending the straightening of the Right Elbow to maintain the length of the Left Arm and side #1 of the Triangle Assembly. The Left Arm acts like a checkrein/leash and restrains the Extensor Action of the Right Triceps.

The Right Arm can only be straightened as the Left Arm moves away from the Right Shoulder.

Extensor Action is the steady effort to straighten the bent Right Arm. This Extensor Action stretches and produces structure for the Left Arm. In addition this promotes:

1) Full extension of the Left Arm at all times.

2) Full extension of the Right Arm for the Follow-through

3) Correct rate of clubhead closure

4) Proper type of support for passive Clubhead Lag Pressure involving wristcock.