2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Hey Jeff,

I am an AI of the Golfing Machine and the Pure Ball Striker is a fantastic training aid. My students love it. It is not like most of the crap sold on the golf channel. It is based on the geometry of the swing vs someone's opinion or the latest fad.

It is amazing to me that 99% of all golfers I see have no idea how to "sustain the line of compression" which is the only SECRET of golf. All so called "secrets" are just someone's unique way of swinging the club.

Thankfully, Homer Kelley and guy's like you are dedicated to spreading the "truth" about the golf swing. The trouble is most people are not ready to hear the "truth".

I commened you for your dedication to a industry that is all about fluff and not much for really helping golfers get better.

Great job!

Dave

Hi Jeff

I played Palm Meadows Today on the Gold Coast and decided to play 18 holes using the PBS. Well let me tell you I have never hit the ball as well as I did Today. My ball striking was the best it has been and my long irons where longer and always in control.

Look I am a pro and do shoot in the mid to high 60s often but the quality of the shots where out of this world. Off the tee my drives were longer and solid.

I have had my students do the same and had all come back with nothing but praise.

Thank you for a small aid that does a huge job.

I can say anyone that is thinking about getting one DO IT.

Thanks again

Addam smith

Hi Jeff

I played Palm Meadows Today on the Gold Coast and decided to play 18 holes using the PBS. Well let me tell you I have never hit the ball as well as I did Today. My ball striking was the best it has been and my long irons where longer and always in control.

Look I am a pro and do shoot in the mid to high 60s often but the quality of the shots where out of this world. Off the tee my drives were longer and solid.

I have had my students do the same and had all come back with nothing but praise.

Thank you for a small aid that does a huge job.

I can say anyone that is thinking about getting one DO IT.

Thanks again

Addam smith

Addam,

I am excited for you and all of the golfers that this little golf training device has touched, enjoy it and continued golfing excellence. BTW keep us up to date on all your the progress!

Thanks.

i have been using my PBS in the living room while watching tv... and a little bit at the range .. i think the best thing this device does is improve your grip on your right hand which allows for proper positioning at the top and more importantly at impact... yesterday was my "breakthrough" day and i was hitting solid shot after solid shot... and i also do seem to have more control with shaping shots particulary punch shots and right to left by focusing more pressure on the finger where the PBS rests on

i think most people have an mediocre grip at best and this device forces you to have at least the right hand in the right position which has helped me with my game

thanks jeff!

thats funny i did the same thing yesterday. i played 18 holes and used the PBS on every shot except putting (tried it on the fist hole and didnt like the feel while putting). i shot a 74 on a par 72, i hit the ball very very solid. it worked awsome on the pitch shots and 1/2 wedges and such. i even used it for one bunker shot that i almost hole'd. off the tee i felt like i could swing as hard as i wanted and maintain control. if i wanted to hit a fade i set the PBS on the club so that the face was open and hit a fade. my normal shot is a draw the misses way left if i lose it. i hit 13 fairways. (missed two because i drove it through the fairway) and 16 greens. It was the absolute best ball striking round i have ever had. the game was so easy, i felt like the guy in the ping g10 comercial "i could quit my job practice a little more

it is kinda funny, the 2some that i was playing with, i dont have any friend that play, so i am always just a single wolk on. noticed about the 3rd hole that i was using the PBS, and asked what is that thing that you are putting on the club? so i showed them and kinda explained what it does. about the 12 hole they wanted to try it, on the 17 hole one of them asked if they could buy it from me. i declined but gave them the web address and told them it was the well worth the money that they would spend to get one.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I just wanted to share what I had run across. Found this article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle written back in March of 2004 by, Sonny Lufrano which talked about the importance of the right index finger as stated by Danny Elkins.

Danny Elkins, president of the Georgia PGA and a pro at the Georgia Golf Center, said one of the keys to improving the average player's golf swing is to control the lag pressure -- the pressure a player is able to maintain from the top of the swing through impact with the ball.

"Most players lose the lag pressure before they strike the ball," Elkins said. "The key to maintaining lag pressure is the right index finger. If you know how to use that finger, you can maintain pressure all the way through contact."

i found that if i kinda twisted as i put it on it would sit more snug but also if you do not hit the ball solidly it will tell you because it will twist in your hand.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

yeah that is ( i think) called a trigger grip or something like that sergio sets up with it, as does john daly. from what i understand setting up that way gives you greater feel for the head of the club, it does something else as well but i dont remember.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Thx for the reply. I tried and made sure that it was snug on the grip. Also has anyone noticed that your index finger is further away from your middle finger when usinf the PBS?

Yes. This has been talked about a little in this thread already. But that distance is one of the major keys to lag pressure. As jeff said, it gives the club a larger surface to have pressure exerted on it, hence more control of your lag pressure. Which is the key to this device, and the golf swing in general.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. I kept having problems with the PBS coming off of the grip. Has anyone else experienced this or what could be the cause of?

longhorn115,

Sounds like you are losing Clubhead Lag Pressure! This maybe caused by starting your clubhead to the ball and causing you to throw-a-way the LAG Pressure. Direct your hands to infront of the ball towards the bottom of your swing arc.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. I kept having problems with the PBS coming off of the grip. Has anyone else experienced this or what could be the cause of?

longhorn115,

Sounds like you are losing Clubhead Lag Pressure! This maybe caused by starting your clubhead to the ball and causing you to throw-a-way the LAG Pressure. Direct your hands to infront of the ball towards the bottom of your swing arc.

Direct your Pure Ball Striker towards the left big toe as in this photo. Also, notice the bend in the right wrist.

gallery_51878_478_7889.jpg

i have been using my PBS in the living room while watching tv... and a little bit at the range .. i think the best thing this device does is improve your grip on your right hand which allows for proper positioning at the top and more importantly at impact... yesterday was my "breakthrough" day and i was hitting solid shot after solid shot... and i also do seem to have more control with shaping shots particulary punch shots and right to left by focusing more pressure on the finger where the PBS rests on

i think most people have an mediocre grip at best and this device forces you to have at least the right hand in the right position which has helped me with my game

thanks jeff!

M,

Sounds like you are having some good results. Keep us posted.

Hey Jeff,

I am an AI of the Golfing Machine and the Pure Ball Striker is a fantastic training aid. My students love it. It is not like most of the crap sold on the golf channel. It is based on the geometry of the swing vs someone's opinion or the latest fad.

It is amazing to me that 99% of all golfers I see have no idea how to "sustain the line of compression" which is the only SECRET of golf. All so called "secrets" are just someone's unique way of swinging the club.

Thankfully, Homer Kelley and guy's like you are dedicated to spreading the "truth" about the golf swing. The trouble is most people are not ready to hear the "truth".

I commened you for your dedication to a industry that is all about fluff and not much for really helping golfers get better.

Great job!

Dave

Dave,

We are trying to build one golf game at a time! How is your instruction business coming along I know you had 162 clients the last time we talked. Hope all is still going well.

Power Package (Continued)

Power Accumulator #2

It is the cocking and un-cocking of the Left Wrist and is true velocity. It is the Downward Motion of the Angle of Attack.

As the Right Arm bends the Left Wrist cocks and as the Right Arm straightens the Left Wrist begins to un-****.

Its in-line condition is at Full Extension.

The wristcock shorten the Swing Radius to facilitate and synchronize the rhythm and acceleration of the Pivot and Power Package.

Hi Jeff

Today I came up with a great idea, I modified my Leadbetter Swing Setter by adding your PBS to it on the grip. One of my students that was unable to go past the setting of 1 ball setting 2 ball setting was able to understand and feel the load after I put the PBS on the grip of my Swing setter and he was 2 ball 5 ball setting so there was soooooo much more load and release with the swing setter after the PBS was added to it.

If any of you out there have a Swing setter modify the grip to take the PBS and you will be blown away.

Hi Jeff

Today I came up with a great idea, I modified my Leadbetter Swing Setter by adding your PBS to it on the grip. One of my students that was unable to go past the setting of 1 ball setting 2 ball setting was able to understand and feel the load after I put the PBS on the grip of my Swing setter and he was 2 ball 5 ball setting so there was soooooo much more load and release with the swing setter after the PBS was added to it.

If any of you out there have a Swing setter modify the grip to take the PBS and you will be blown away.

Very clever. Thanks for the tip!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Hi Jeff

Very clever. Thanks for the tip!

Kevin

Very clever indeed. Wonder if Mr. Leadbetter would like a Pure Ball Striker?

Jeff,

After reading through the entire post and going to the blog spot I think I know the feeling I should be looking for. The aiming point for the PBS is what I needed yesterday at the range. I will try again today. I will report back with further updates.

Thanks KP

K,

Good work on your research. I will put a 2 to 3 minute video up on youtube soon!

I played 4 holes tonight after a 7 month layoff with bursitis (shoulder tendonitis) in my left shoulder. I've been hitting wedges into a net for probably the last month or so to gradually get me back into hitting balls again.

I've been working with the PBS for a week or so since I received it last week. Now I now it's been wet here in the UK for the past week or so, and I've not played on the course for 7 months, but in the 4 holes I played tonight (sometimes 2 or 3 balls per hole as the course was quiet) :cheesy: I have NEVER, and I repeat NEVER taken divots like I did tonight !! They were huge ;) I wasn't catching the ball heavy and my ball strikes were great considering my layoff. I'm not a great spin player but I hit gap wedge into 2 and spun it back 6 feet!!

Would this be anything to do with the PBS? Surely in the short time I've worked with it it can't have such an effect?

Glad to finally see this tread...haha....my thread about the PBS a few months ago got locked within 10 minutes...

Jeff,

I don't want you to think I've forgotten to get with you. Just got my money squared away so now I can get with you about that 8 hr. deal you told me about. Kenny-Z said he was going to make sure you knew that I still wanted work with you. Let me know when your coming out to Jonesco again.

-Stephen