2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos Γ—

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

No I was just saying that while yes its a great product, if you want you can make your own out of tin foil for about 10 cents that gets the same feeling, I think Jeff's product is great but i was just adding to the thread the fact that you can make one and get the feeling of lag pressure without paying 15 dollars+S/H which sucks if you are shipping internationally

Β 

Β 

The shipping fee is the same for all orders however, when you are ready to move to the Pure Ball Striker just PM me! International shipping does SUCK for me and not the buyer.

Was tempted to buy it, but turns out you can make one from tin foil that works great

Not sure about your point? Do you know something that we don't? Did you come up with the tin foil idea yourself? BTW Jeff is willing to help others do you have the answers about clubhead lag pressure? If so can you help us understand it better?

Β 

I understand your point, and I always frown on people doing these knock-offs of training aids. But in this case, it is hard to understand how the product works and what the benefits are. I have a basement full of training aids that either didn't work, or didn't do what I thought they'd do. In this case, I am going to try to make one of these myself and try it out. If it helps me, I'll buy it. If not, I've not wasted my money. JMHO.

Β 

DLiver as well as the others make great points here!

Β 

I have KISSED many frogs in my golfing career!

Β 

To many promises! To many lessons learned from poor training aids that do not work!

Β 

99% of all training aids only work for 1% of the golfing population.

Β 

Β 

Β 

The Pure Ball Striker senses the individual players unique feel of clubhead lag pressure.

Β 

Lag is defined as trailing or following. The pressure is held against the aft side of the grip and allows the player the ability to direct their hands properly throughout their entire motion.

Β 

This feel is necessary because out of all the clients that I have touched through instruction have stated that at one time or another that they are β€œFEEL PLAYERS!”

Β 

The weighted clubs truly create the feel of clubhead lag pressure being held but when the player changes back to their regular equipment the feel becomes elusive. It is the feel of pressure that we lose and the messages that is communicated is the holding of the angles when it is the truly the pressure felt/sensed.

Β 

I support all of you that have been bit by the promise of training aids that have placed on the market and challenge each of you to try the tin foil before buying a Pure Ball Striker. However, if any questions come up feel free to contact me via a PM or e-mail at [email protected].

I see that a lot of guys are complaining about shipping. Next time consider shipping as shipping, packaging and the labor that occurs while preparing the product to ship. Do you really think that all of that takes place and doesnt cost time and money? By the way you could always drive to Macon and pick one up, Im sure Jeff would not mind. EXCELLENT TEACHING AID!!!!!!

Ive also have had the opprotunity to use some of his other teaching tools and JEFF is by far the most technical MINDED teacher ive ever taken a lesson from. TECHNICAL and UNDERSTANDABLE all at the same time. If you guys are ever close to Macon you should ring him up, I dont think youll be disappointed and will surely walk away with a new outlook on your swing and maybe the game of golf.

No I was just saying that while yes its a great product, if you want you can make your own out of tin foil for about 10 cents that gets the same feeling, I think Jeff's product is great but i was just adding to the thread the fact that you can make one and get the feeling of lag pressure without paying 15 dollars+S/H which sucks if you are shipping internationally

Β 

Β 

I tried the tinfoil. Got the feeling ok for working in the mirror. I would see it being a major pain in the butt for repeated practice sessions. Would probably have to make a new one almost every session. Also didn't hold up well for actually hitting full shots. To me it is well worth the 20 dollars just in convenience of being able to use it every practice session and know it will hold up the entire session if I hit 1000+ balls. My opinion on the matter anyway. Like I said the tinfoil did allow me to feel PP#3 decent though.

I see that a lot of guys are complaining about shipping. Next time consider shipping as shipping, packaging and the labor that occurs while preparing the product to ship. Do you really think that all of that takes place and doesnt cost time and money? By the way you could always drive to Macon and pick one up, Im sure Jeff would not mind. EXCELLENT TEACHING AID!!!!!!

Ive also have had the opprotunity to use some of his other teaching tools and JEFF is by far the most technical MINDED teacher ive ever taken a lesson from. TECHNICAL and UNDERSTANDABLE all at the same time. If you guys are ever close to Macon you should ring him up, I dont think youll be disappointed and will surely walk away with a new outlook on your swing and maybe the game of golf.

Β 

Good post. Even with the "expensive shipping" this has to be one of the cheapest training aids on the market. And it actually works. Before owning it I would have paid hundreds to learn how to do what the PBS helped me learn.

$20 for a training device that works is a VERY small price to pay. Sadly, I have 2. :clapping: One stays in my bag and the other rides in my center console for those range sessions where I don't have my full bag. If you don't know what the #3 power point is or what it feels like the PBS will make you aware very quickly. If you throw away the club head early in your downswing, the PBS will help you sustain it longer. On top of that, Jeff is VERY good at answering questions and providing assistance whenever you need it. For $20 it's a bargain.

Β 

Β 

Haha wow. I had no idea the PBS had gone mainstream. You are big time now Jeff!

Β 

We had this made to be run on The Golf Channel it ran for about 3 weeks as a test market. Come to find out mainstream can't handle the simple concept. Anyway, we are used by The Golfing Machine LLC. for their instructor training and we make their device which is called the #3 pressure point trainer. The next step is to place the Pure Ball Striker in retail shops.

Β 

Β 

Β 

We had this made to be run on The Golf Channel it ran for about 3 weeks as a test market. Come to find out mainstream can't handle the simple concept. Anyway, we are used by The Golfing Machine LLC. for their instructor training and we make their device which is called the #3 pressure point trainer. The next step is to place the Pure Ball Striker in retail shops.

Β 

Yea unfortunately I see how the simplicity of it could almost be a deterrant to those less informed. It will just take some time for people to see how well it works. Best of luck in entering the retail market!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yea unfortunately I see how the simplicity of it could almost be a deterrant to those less informed. It will just take some time for people to see how well it works. Best of luck in entering the retail market!

This is a long steady campaign! The Pure Ball Striker works for everyone with a trail hand.

Hi Jeff,

Β 

you have an interesting product. unfortunately after visiting your website and blog I still don't understand how it helps or works - especially the video spot. The instruction manual (link was well hidden) too didn't help. I have no knowledge on TGM and what is #3PP. but i do know about using the right hand index finger's callus pad on the downswing. So i know how the PSB works from my own knowledge of the index finger (via Hogan of course :P). clueless about the aiming point though.

Β 

Hopefully with a more detailed "what is" PBS that explains why and how it works (targeted at the avg golfer) you will find more success sales-wise. Right now, all i see is you putting it on a club and making a nice swing.

Β 

As someone said earlier, having the index and thumb off the grip has the same effect - i'm sure Hogan was the 1st to teach this. .

Β 

I have come across another way to achieve this feeling - simply by not wrapping the index finger around the shaft and letting that callus pad support the blow at impact. very simple and effective yet not as extreme as taking thumb and index off the shaft. great for beginners.

Β 

the PBS is a good invention and credit to you for bringing it to the mass market. shows you really care about the avg golfer that struggles with impact. it addresses an important part of the swing that no other training aid i've come across does.

Β 

Just pls pls pls have a better product description with benefits and why / how it works. Its such a waste that ordinary golfers would give this a pass for just this lack of basic information.

Β 

All the best!

Hi Jeff,

Β 

you have an interesting product. unfortunately after visiting your website and blog I still don't understand how it helps or works - especially the video spot. The instruction manual (link was well hidden) too didn't help. I have no knowledge on TGM and what is #3PP. but i do know about using the right hand index finger's callus pad on the downswing. So i know how the PSB works from my own knowledge of the index finger (via Hogan of course :P). clueless about the aiming point though.

Β 

Hopefully with a more detailed "what is" PBS that explains why and how it works (targeted at the avg golfer) you will find more success sales-wise. Right now, all i see is you putting it on a club and making a nice swing.

Β 

As someone said earlier, having the index and thumb off the grip has the same effect - i'm sure Hogan was the 1st to teach this. .

Β 

I have come across another way to achieve this feeling - simply by not wrapping the index finger around the shaft and letting that callus pad support the blow at impact. very simple and effective yet not as extreme as taking thumb and index off the shaft. great for beginners.

Β 

the PBS is a good invention and credit to you for bringing it to the mass market. shows you really care about the avg golfer that struggles with impact. it addresses an important part of the swing that no other training aid i've come across does.

Β 

Just pls pls pls have a better product description with benefits and why / how it works. Its such a waste that ordinary golfers would give this a pass for just this lack of basic information.

Β 

All the best!

Β 

I will let Jeff give you the description he finds fitting. The funny part is, based on the information you have given, you already understand it. It is just so simple you are over looking it.

Hi Jeff,

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

All the best!

Β 

I will let Jeff give you the description he finds fitting. The funny part is, based on the information you have given, you already understand it. It is just so simple you are over looking it.

Β 

Logan, I agree with Bovi's point. I believe 100% the product has merit because of a lot of reading and spending time on this site, learning about the swing. I want one for myself. TGC viewers not "getting" it is no surprise. There has to be a little more information on WHY it works. Otherwise, it sounds like just like any another product that makes miracle promises, but most likely is snake oil.

Personally, I thought the commercial was bad, followed the same script as other training aids and was not in the least original.

Β 

The theme of the commercial should have been completely different. Had it been more informative of why we need the pressure in the first place, then I believe the commercial would have been better.

Β 

JMT.

I just ordered mine. I have been really struggling to regain this feel lately, and my game has gone south because of it. I am anxious to see if this aid can help to get me back on track. Everything I have heard about Jeff leads me to believe this is an excellent tool that can be a huge asset. I don't know if I will ever use the term #3 Pressure Point in an actual conversation, but I am a big believer in creating the feel of proper lag. :clapping:

Β 

Thanks Jeff.

Β 

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Personally, I thought the commercial was bad, followed the same script as other training aids and was not in the least original.

Β 

The theme of the commercial should have been completely different. Had it been more informative of why we need the pressure in the first place, then I believe the commercial would have been better.

Β 

JMT.

Β 

Β 

For the most part I agree. But marketing is a tough game. Especially when trying to crack the market he is shooting for. At that level, to really get something done the way you want it can cost an exorbitant amount of money. He got the cookie cutter infomercial at probably the cookie cutter price. But thats the way products are sold in this industry. Obviously for this product to take off it is going to take another approach.

I just ordered mine. I have been really struggling to regain this feel lately, and my game has gone south because of it. I am anxious to see if this aid can help to get me back on track. Everything I have heard about Jeff leads me to believe this is an excellent tool that can be a huge asset. I don't know if I will ever use the term #3 Pressure Point in an actual conversation, but I am a big believer in creating the feel of proper lag. :lol:

Β 

Thanks Jeff.

Β 

Kevin

Β 

If the root of your struggles are releasing your lag pressure prematurely, I have 100 percent confidence this will reteach you how to feel it properly.

Β 

I understand the overwhelming nature of TGM terminology, but in the end it actually simplifies everything. When you have to explain it to someone as "the pressure created in your grip between your right index finger and your thumb on the shaft" all we have to say is "#3" ;). And it is that way for every single aspect of the golf swing. While confusing at first, in the end it makes talking golf mechanics a ton easier. Leaves no room for misunderstandings and the like.

Β 

Let us know how the PBS has worked for you!

There is no doubt that marketing is a tricky thing. There are so many approaches to marketing as well. Look at Taylormade, a golfing giant that releases products non stop to the displeasure of many golfers who paid full price for a tour burner tp only to see the price drop 2-3 hundred dollars a couple months later. They open the face on a driver 2-4 degrees from closed to open, stick a decal on it, and sell it for a couple hundred dollars more.

Β 

More than one way to skin that cat.

Β 

That being said, hopefully Mr. Evans can get this into your local Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, Edwin Watts, whatever. If those teaching pro's slap it on a club during a lesson and it helps people "Feel" than that is your best marketing.

Β 

Β 

JMT.

Β 

Β 

For the most part I agree. But marketing is a tough game. Especially when trying to crack the market he is shooting for. At that level, to really get something done the way you want it can cost an exorbitant amount of money. He got the cookie cutter infomercial at probably the cookie cutter price. But thats the way products are sold in this industry. Obviously for this product to take off it is going to take another approach.

Β 

I am not happy with the results of the commercial - spent money that I didn't have - ran for 3 wks - sold 7 units went on ESPN Golf Talk Radio for 15 minutes sold 23 units and was free.

I'm going to buy one but I agree that the website could be a little clearer on the benefits of the device. I'm not TGM literate so that may be my problem. I think you should make the message a little clearer on your website for the less informed.

Β 

Good luck Jeff with your endeavor.....

Β 

Β 

That is somewhat the curse of the product I guess. To truly explain it to someone, you have to truly explain the #3PP and its role in the golf swing. But if that is what it takes maybe it is worth Jeff's while to do so.

I'm going to buy one but I agree that the website could be a little clearer on the benefits of the device. I'm not TGM literate so that may be my problem. I think you should make the message a little clearer on your website for the less informed.

Β 

Good luck Jeff with your endeavor.....

Β 

Β 

That is somewhat the curse of the product I guess. To truly explain it to someone, you have to truly explain the #3PP and its role in the golf swing. But if that is what it takes maybe it is worth Jeff's while to do so.

Β 

I will explain more once I return from the Tour Championship/FedEx Cup.