2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

How's the White Hot Tours?

Canuck

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not selling because of quality. 90% have weird lies and crooked grips. finish is also bad.

Have to admit my grip is crooked (last years Ping was also crooked) . But I am blessed with a good eye. That same eye sees no problem with the finish on my putter or any other Tours I've seen (seen quite a few).

Please explain.

Found this review of the WHITE HOT TOUR #2 on "GOLF.COM

Realize it's for blade putters but the point that the TOUR did so well against mainly non-inserts speaks for itself.

Notice what they say about feel and distance control.......

"BEST FOR FEEL" and over all "WINNER"

Guess the harder insert is much better than the previous XGs. That's the kind of feedback that I've been looking for :clapping:

======================================

ClubTest June 2008: Blade Putters

A half-dozen sweet-swinging, smooth-feeling flat sticks.

How We Did It

We assigned each of our 14 ClubTesters a putting lane on the practice green. Testers struck 12 putts per putter from three to 40 feet. (We provided them with 34- and 35-inch putters.) Panelists took note of feel, look and control, and also shared their overall impressions. Our exclusive research partner, Hot Stix Golf, measured roll on center hits and heel-toe forgiveness using a mechanical putting device.

Where We Did it

The Hot Stix Performance Center at Legend Trail GC in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Rating System - How it works:

Testers vote on Look, Feel and Control. The winning model (the one that receives the most points) is awarded GOLF Magazine/ClubTest 5-star status.

They compared the White Hot Tour #2, Boccieri Heavy C2-DF, Mizuno Black Carbon BC1, Never Compromise Gray Matter 2 Exchange #4, SeeMore m2w, Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Detour

Not your father's blades

Years ago, you'd be out of luck if you mis-hit a blade putter. These six flat sticks prove that's not the case anymore.

Hot Stix anchored each of the 35-inch putters to a mechanical putting device. Clubs made the same consistent backswing to hit a 17-foot putt (approx.) and we measured results for center hits, 3/4 inches toward the heel and 3/4 inches toward the toe. The chart on the left shows how each putter faired:

WHAT WE LEARNED

Distance: The SeeMore, Titleist and Mizuno roll it the farthest on center hits. By contrast, the Boccieri, Odyssey and Never Compromise hit it the shortest. Neither way is better or worse; it's whether you prefer to make a longer or slightly shorter stroke to reach the hole. The difference on center contact between the longest and shortest model is less than two feet.

Forgiveness: All six putters do a respectable job when you compare distance output on center, heel and toe strikes. The most consistent putters, though, are the Odyssey White Hot Tour #2 and Boccieri Heavy C2-DF.

Odyssey White Hot Tour #2

$149

WE TESTED

34" and 35" in steel shaft

COMPANY LINE

"Weight ports in the sole allow us to precisely control head mass for consistency, control and performance. The two-piece insert —elastomer core and firm outer striking surface infused with urethane —has a firmer feel for feedback and responsiveness."

Our Test Panel Says ...

Pros: Terrific combination of feel, feedback and forgiveness; a pleasure for controlling distance; testers find it delivers the most consistent output in the test; firm insert asserts itself; works equally well with a pendulum or "swinging door" stroke; good directional control — a wide area of forgiveness allows you to be less than precise; bronze finish reduces glare.

Cons: Bright white face insert stands out, maybe too much, against the otherwise understated look; on longer putts, you might need a bigger stroke than with other putters to get desired distance.

"Quite an appealing look with the sensitivity and performance to match." — Rich Bernstein (12)

Credit: Schecter Lee

Winner - White Hot Tour #2

The White Hot Tour #2 separated itself from the competition. Testers gave it very high scores for look, feel, control and overall performance.

Dual weight ports make it easy to match proper head weights to specific shaft lengths.

• "Distance output matches the stroke — no misperceptions." — Mark Waldheim (12)

• "A rewarding feel, even if you happen to hit it off center." — Mark Haberstroh (4)

• "The brass colored finish gives the putter a classy look." — Dave Daumit (15)

• "The face stays square and the head powers through ball." Hoai Hoang (9)

Credit: Schecter Lee

• 1 month later...

What the heck? Talk about subjective- your entire post was subjuctive. You spent most of your time and effort talking about the color and uploading a photo. Are you a golfer or an artist?

Would be nice if you had attempted to answer the question at hand. Since you failed, I will.

These truly are the most underrated putters on the market. Odyssey doesn't promote their true potential and buyers are left to figure it out for themselves.

I commented here b/c I was at Golfsmiths earlier and tried @35 putters. Did all the big names and most expensive. Eventually I grabbed the White Hot Tour #2 (style reminiscent of the Ping Zing but more balanced and much smoother curves. I was shocked given I made 20 in a row from 15'. Any angle or distance and I drained it. Obviously I bought it for 150.00 and it's going right in the bag.

I can't help but mention Rife putters somewhat on the same lines. They could easily overcharge as Cameron does but choose not to. Most people I meet on the putting greens are clueless about the Rife's and they are yet another awesome club. I bought the Rife Barbados as well- as far as mallets this club has it all without ruining a club with the unnecessary YES designs. I mean really- who needs an yellow cone over their putter. I'm guessing someone who needs to get off the computer and on the practice green.

Final sidenote which I think clearly proves my convictions regarding the validity of the Odyssey:

While at Golfsmith I promptly traded in my Cameron X5, Bettinardi BC5, Cameron Newport 2 and the Rife Center Shaft Hybrid- not the club for me. Got a fraction of these clubs value but it paid for 2 putters that really work.

Best Regards and Thanks for This Initial Post- care to sign up as friends network on here?

Carl

clgreener3

Just bought a Tour #2 CS, and like it very much. It is a center shafted putter, but does have a little hang. It was a combo I have not seen much with a blade, little heavier, and not completely faced balanced. I tried it against the Odyssey #8 XG I was using which had a little softer insert and lighter feeling head. Also tried several other putters including the Seemore M1s, Cameron 2.6 and 2.7, Rife 2 Bar Dana, and the newer Rifes. This one suited me best it seemed based on my puting style. I initially wasn't crazy about the copper color, but it has grown on me.