2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Anyone using the Clicgear 2.0 push cart?

I just used my new 2.0 yesterday and what a great cart! Wide stance for stability, smooth rolling and straight tracking. The only gripe is the brake cable hanging a bit low, I cable tied it up a bit but it makes activating the brake a bit harder. Other than this, easy open, easy close, no stress on the shoulders from dragging a cart around!! Should've dumped my 30 euro pull trolley long ago!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got mine and used it for two 9s and its awesome no cons about it. :partytime2:

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

great cart but it doesn't fit some stand bags...on my ogio's, the front wheel touches the bottom of the bag..very annoying...btw which of you guys use a stand bag w/ clicgear? what bags do you use and does it fit ok?

I use an older Callaway stand bag and it works just fine. Not sure which model bag it is, but it has the Callaway XTT base which is used on most of their stand bags.

I really like mine, probably have 20 rounds on it so far. My only complaints are:

1. If you have a stand bag, the foot on the bottom that releases the legs may not let it sit completely correctly but the straps will still hold it in fairly straight

2. The paint on the bottom is really easy to scratch if you fold it or open it on concrete.

3. The compartment could be a little deeper, if you have golf balls in the tray and anything underneath like tees or a pencil sometimes it won't close.

Otherwise it's been great. Really stable, really easy to push, takes up little space and their customer service is awesome. I had the foam handle on mine begin to tear and they are sending me a new one free of charge.

Bought mine in the weekend after much deliberation and have used it on one round. It's still the honeymoon period but so far I'm quite pleased with it. It looks the business, folds down beautifully and is solidly built. The only drawbacks are that the water bottle holder is too small for any reasonable sized bottles, and the guys in my foursome are giving me lip for being an old man. Besides that it's fantastic.

I just bought one today. Does anyone know how to identify the 2009 model versus the 2008 model? Can someone with a 2008 take a good picture of the cart and the wheels?

I believe the big change was to solid tires. The original models had inflatable tires. the '09's are solid.

I never thought I'd own a push cart but after using this one I'm sorry I waited so long.

You can't go wrong. I bought mine off of ebay. If you're patient you will find a good deal on one.

Also, the resale value of the used ones in good shape is much better than any other cart.

I just bought one today. Does anyone know how to identify the 2009 model versus the 2008 model? Can someone with a 2008 take a good picture of the cart and the wheels?

I believe the big change was to solid tires. The original models had inflatable tires. the '09's are solid.

I never thought I'd own a push cart but after using this one I'm sorry I waited so long.

You can't go wrong. I bought mine off of ebay. If you're patient you will find a good deal on one.

Also, the resale value of the used ones in good shape is much better than any other cart.

The '08 model also had solid tires. The inflatable tires were the Clicgear V1.0. V2.0 was solid.

Here's a summary of the changes from their web site- the middle paragraph pretty much sums it up.

http://www.clicgear.com/pushcart.html

I believe they also added the Kiwi color to the line this year.

great cart but it doesn't fit some stand bags...on my ogio's, the front wheel touches the bottom of the bag..very annoying...btw which of you guys use a stand bag w/ clicgear? what bags do you use and does it fit ok?

I have a Hoofer Vantage with mine and it fits pretty well. The legs make contact with the top bracket, but the straps hold everything nice and tight. I am very happy with mine.

Mine has had some alignment problems but I'm working it out I think. The way to tell the difference between 09 and 08 is in the tires. The 09 has a flat line in the center of the tires, the tread doesn't go all the way past the centerline.

Really??

I ordered mine through TGW.com and I'm hoping it's the latest model. I mean considering that we are halfway through 09' I would only think I have the 09'. Is the tire the only way to differentiate the two?

Did you guys know there is an umbrella holder that is not mentioned in any catalog, clic gear website or videos regarding features, etc. (At least I haven't found it yet).

It may have been clear to everyone else but I always wondered what the loopy things were on the attachment/holder/bungee cord area was? One day I needed to put my umbrella back in my cart bag and instead of untying everything I was like hmmm...these little straps fits an umbrella perfectly...bwuahahahaha!

I love CLIC GEAR!

Did you guys know there is an umbrella holder that is not mentioned in any catalog, clic gear website or videos regarding features, etc. (At least I haven't found it yet).

It may have been clear to everyone else but I always wondered what the loopy things were on the attachment/holder/bungee cord area was? One day I needed to put my umbrella back in my cart bag and instead of untying everything I was like hmmm...these little straps fits an umbrella perfectly...bwuahahahaha!

I love CLIC GEAR!

It was mentioned in mine when I bought it last year. It's hard to explain how the little bungy thingy works- my cart came with a video which explained it nicely. Maybe they changed the video?

Edit: Nope... check this... it explains all the features.

http://www.clicgear.com/videos-features.html

A couple quick differences I noticed between my Clicgear 2.0 and the one in the video InTheHole posted.

1. My cupholder has a red tab that keeps bottles secure.

2. My umbrella mount holder is on the opposite side of the brake lever.

I don't have my cart readily accessible at the moment. Do I have the newest version? Or do I have to check the tires in order to be certain?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the OGIO Edge and mine works great, fits perfect. Sorry, don't know how different the BOSS HOG is.

Only issues with mine are the alignment, but I think that's fine now.

Anyone guess why they made is so you could adjust the front alignment? Why not just have it dead on? Must be because of how the legs fold and there is some variability in alignment with the rear tires?

I haven't noticed any variability of alignment with the rear wheels through folding/unfolding. I would think variability in manufacturing the tires themselves, or maybe some slight assembly variations may cause some issues.

Mine rolled dead-straight out of the box. But it is nice knowing if tire wear or a slightly bent frame cause it to track off course, there is an adjustment that can be made. I look at it as an additional quality point.

You also don't know if any dirt builds up in the wheel hubs over time, additional friction may cause it to track off-line.

i thought it was heavy and sluggish the 2 times i used it. lots of people just roll there 3 wheelers ahead of them and watch them roll and stay stable. the clicgear gets very little roll. also, its annoying to have to push it up hills. the tires are too thick i think. theyre the nicest looking carts though. and they fold up small. but i cant believe theres not a better performing cart available. i just dont know which it might be. im sticking with my 2 wheeler. if it had a cupholder it would be perfect.

i can get one at golfsmith for around 115... i just got a new staff bag but dont know if i can justify paying the 130 after tax especially since i have a stand bag.

am i just being foolish? :crazy:

That's a great price! The list is like $230 and the going rate is $199. If you can get it for $115, that's a steal.

i thought it was heavy and sluggish the 2 times i used it. lots of people just roll there 3 wheelers ahead of them and watch them roll and stay stable. the clicgear gets very little roll. also, its annoying to have to push it up hills. the tires are too thick i think. theyre the nicest looking carts though. and they fold up small. but i cant believe theres not a better performing cart available. i just dont know which it might be. im sticking with my 2 wheeler. if it had a cupholder it would be perfect.

First complaint like this that I've heard. Not sure what you mean by it being annoying to push it up hills. Does your 2-wheeler somehow defy gravity? :beruo: I never had another cart to compare it to as far as using it, but when on the course with others with Sun Mountain carts, I've never noticed an appreciable difference. They all seem to roll the same to me. You shouldn't be rolling it ahead anyway- you should stay in control of your cart at all times.