Sonocaddie V300 GPS @ Dicks $249

[quote name='jpspin' post='1865813' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:04 AM']Stopped into Dick's last week (Thursday - 7/30/09) and saw they had the v300 on clearance for $229. I had the sales person check stock and pull out a unit to look at. Not once did the sales person mention an additional 50% off discount. I didn't know of the discount at that time, so I didn't know to ask for it to be scanned. I primarily went in to look at it for $229, but wasn't 100% sold on it at that price. Never the less, I left the store without a v300 and then later in the week came across this forum. I called the store on Sunday 8/2/09 and talked to another person in the golf department (not the first guy). This sales person acknowledged the 50% off clearance sale and said that it was over on 8/1/09. I guess "I snooze, I lose". The pricing at Dick's is always annoying and the sales people are not very helpful. I actually went back yesterday (8/4/09) to plead my case to the sales person, which happened to be the first sales guy. He claimed ignorance and left me hanging. I actually was interested in a set of new clubs, but he wouldn't give me the time of day (in an empty store) once I asked him about the "unadvertised" pricing scheme. Hopefully we can use this forum to notify everyone of the next "secret sale" at Dick's.[/quote]
I travel for my job. So, I'm in Jackson, MS this week on business. I went to the new Dick's Sporting Goods store in Flowood on Monday night. They had the V300 on display and it was the only one. I asked the clerk if it was on special for 50%. He scanned it and it rang up at $114.97. So, I bought it. I now have two units. Couldn't pass up the deal.

You mentioned your local store said that the clearance was over on 8/1/09. Evidently it is not. Especially since I bought one on 8/3/09 for 50% off. I'd be hounding them if you really want the deal.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jpspin' post='1865813' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:04 AM']Stopped into Dick's last week (Thursday - 7/30/09) and saw they had the v300 on clearance for $229. I had the sales person check stock and pull out a unit to look at. Not once did the sales person mention an additional 50% off discount. I didn't know of the discount at that time, so I didn't know to ask for it to be scanned. I primarily went in to look at it for $229, but wasn't 100% sold on it at that price. Never the less, I left the store without a v300 and then later in the week came across this forum. I called the store on Sunday 8/2/09 and talked to another person in the golf department (not the first guy). This sales person acknowledged the 50% off clearance sale and said that it was over on 8/1/09. I guess "I snooze, I lose". The pricing at Dick's is always annoying and the sales people are not very helpful. I actually went back yesterday (8/4/09) to plead my case to the sales person, which happened to be the first sales guy. He claimed ignorance and left me hanging. I actually was interested in a set of new clubs, but he wouldn't give me the time of day (in an empty store) once I asked him about the "unadvertised" pricing scheme. Hopefully we can use this forum to notify everyone of the next "secret sale" at Dick's.[/quote]
Yeah, I have one pro that I can count on, and the rest are just there to help whoever is looking at the most expensive product. No lie, I actually was asking questions about the v300 when I bought it, and all of a sudden, the pro said he would be right back, and went over to help a guy looking at some $600 iron set. Completely left me hanging in the middle of the sale and didn't get back to me until he finished with the other guy. Now THAT'S service! I went to get some lead tape today, and was waiting to ask the same pro some questions about these pre sized lead strips in an 8 pack. He passes by me to a couple who are looking at a set of irons, and the lady has to tell him that I was next. WTF? So he gives me half a** info to shuffle me along quickly. And then, 2 minutes later... lo and behold... here comes the ONE pro that I count on. So he has a full conversation with me, tells me to put that pre size crap back on the shelf, and GIVES me about 4-5 feet of lead tape off of his roll! The other pro sees this and didn't have a good look on his face, either. THAT'S what I'm talking about! Too bad about missing out on the v300. It's a beaut.

update:

I called the dicks that I had the v300 sent to. The guy said that they never recieved one and that the other salesman tried calling around for another one but no stores had one. I then called the store that was supposed to send the v300 and they said that they had 1 left (they had 2 when I called the other day), I asked him to send it to me. I then called the store near me back and asked for the manager and he gave me the same story saying he just talked to the person I talked to the first time I called, I then told him that I had another one on the way, he said if they get it in he will let me know. Then I decided to call the dicks that is sending it and talked to their manager, he said he would make sure it got sent. If I don't get it on Saturday I am going to start hitting balls at them in the f'n store. Guarantee one of the salesmen or the manager wanted it and bought it then thought that I would not look in to calling around for another one myself. I am pretty pissed right now and will be really f'n pissed if they do this to me again.

[quote name='gilljm01' post='1867054' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:07 PM']update:

I called the dicks that I had the v300 sent to. The guy said that they never recieved one and that the other salesman tried calling around for another one but no stores had one. I then called the store that was supposed to send the v300 and they said that they had 1 left (they had 2 when I called the other day), I asked him to send it to me. I then called the store near me back and asked for the manager and he gave me the same story saying he just talked to the person I talked to the first time I called, I then told him that I had another one on the way, he said if they get it in he will let me know. Then I decided to call the dicks that is sending it and talked to their manager, he said he would make sure it got sent. If I don't get it on Saturday I am going to start hitting balls at them in the f'n store. Guarantee one of the salesmen or the manager wanted it and bought it then thought that I would not look in to calling around for another one myself. I am pretty pissed right now and will be really f'n pissed if they do this to me again.[/quote]
"The hitting balls at them" thing was the best laugh I had all day! I don't blame you, bro. Hate to say it, but just think how many golfing buddies they could have hooked up. Sounds like you might get this one, tho. If I were you, I'd stay on top of them. I'd visit the store every day until it came in and verbally make it clear that I was not going to be satisfied until it did. In a civilized way, tho.

[quote name='gilljm01' post='1867220' date='Aug 5 2009, 07:42 PM']yeah I plan to call both stores until it comes in. If they screw me again I am taking a 3 iron off their shelves, pulling a dozen pro v1s, going to the putting green and hitting 100mph+ punch 3 irons at them until the dozen is up and someone is on the floor[/quote]
Now, that's not very civilized. You could at least use a 7 iron bump and run approach. Good luck.

OK, I just got back from my local Dicks and they were not marked down, but the manager said if I could get a receipt showing someone had paid the low price I could get it for the lower price. I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a copy of the receipt from when they got it for the lower price of $115? If so would you mind scanning it and sending a copy to me? If it has your credit card number on the receipt I would prefer that it be blacked out. Any help on this would be appreciated and would save me so $$$$$.

Thanks

WITB
Ping G 5-UW S300's
Ping G Crossover 4 Iron w/ Aldila RIP 90
TM Aeroburner TP 5 wood White Tie
TM Aeroburner TP 14* mini driver White Tie
Driver spot currently rotating constantly!
Byron Morgan 006 with Soundslot
Sun Mountain Four 5
TM Tour Preferred X or Srixon Z-Star XV

Sorry, I got mine too early. It was 229 with only an extra 25% off at the time. Came to 185 after taxes. I think I still have the receipt for it, tho, if all else fails. And mine rang up at regular price also. It took some knowledge of the pro being informed that there was a sale and extra % off. Push a little harder about the sale and maybe some knowledge will surface from one of your pro's contacts. Good luck.

How many posts are you going to make encouraging people to beat up Dicks Sporting Goods for price ?

[quote name='hacker1' post='1867197' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:30 PM'][quote name='gilljm01' post='1867054' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:07 PM']update:

I called the dicks that I had the v300 sent to. The guy said that they never recieved one and that the other salesman tried calling around for another one but no stores had one. I then called the store that was supposed to send the v300 and they said that they had 1 left (they had 2 when I called the other day), I asked him to send it to me. I then called the store near me back and asked for the manager and he gave me the same story saying he just talked to the person I talked to the first time I called, I then told him that I had another one on the way, he said if they get it in he will let me know. Then I decided to call the dicks that is sending it and talked to their manager, he said he would make sure it got sent. If I don't get it on Saturday I am going to start hitting balls at them in the f'n store. Guarantee one of the salesmen or the manager wanted it and bought it then thought that I would not look in to calling around for another one myself. I am pretty pissed right now and will be really f'n pissed if they do this to me again.[/quote]
"The hitting balls at them" thing was the best laugh I had all day! I don't blame you, bro. Hate to say it, but just think how many golfing buddies they could have hooked up. Sounds like you might get this one, tho. If I were you, I'd stay on top of them. I'd visit the store every day until it came in and verbally make it clear that I was not going to be satisfied until it did. In a civilized way, tho.
[/quote]

[quote name='frozen_rope' post='1869642' date='Aug 6 2009, 08:03 PM']How many posts are you going to make encouraging people to beat up Dicks Sporting Goods for price ?

[quote name='hacker1' post='1867197' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:30 PM'][quote name='gilljm01' post='1867054' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:07 PM']update:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Sheesh, chill out frozen. I believe he is blowing off some steam and don't figure him for your stereotypical serial ball hitter atter! I just thot that the picture in my head of him firing off some balls in the store was kind of humorous. Guess every one has a different sense of humor. And I think you misinterpret what I actually said. Sometimes you have to stay on top of things instead of snoozing and losing. How many posts did you actually count where I said "beat up people at Dick's because of price"? Last I counted was '0'. Wait just a minute... I get it... you work at Dick's now don't you? Remember, be civilized.

It's not "civilized" to beat up on a storekeeper for price and , or, brag about it. It's boorish behavior at best.
You've been on here for a month about what a great deal you got at Dicks for a Sonnocaddie, telling people to do the same,and then you heard others got a lower price so you wanted to go back to Dicks and bust on their chops again.. Now you are back at Dick's looking for free led tape and upset when a sales clerk on the floor doesn't want to waste his time playing your cheapskate games. Give it a rest.

[quote name='hacker1' post='1869703' date='Aug 6 2009, 07:35 PM']Sometimes you have to stay on top of things instead of snoozing and losing. How many posts did you actually count where I said "beat up people at Dick's because of price"? Last I counted was '0'. Wait just a minute... I get it... you work at Dick's now don't you? Remember, be civilized.[/quote]

[quote name='frozen_rope' post='1869720' date='Aug 6 2009, 08:45 PM']It's not "civilized" to beat up on a storekeeper for price and , or, brag about it. It's boorish behavior at best.
You've been on here for a month about what a great deal you got at Dicks for a Sonnocaddie, telling people to do the same,and then you heard others got a lower price so you wanted to go back to Dicks and bust on their chops again.. Now you are back at Dick's looking for free led tape and upset when a sales clerk on the floor doesn't want to waste his time playing your cheapskate games. Give it a rest.

[quote name='hacker1' post='1869703' date='Aug 6 2009, 07:35 PM']Sometimes you have to stay on top of things instead of snoozing and losing. How many posts did you actually count where I said "beat up people at Dick's because of price"? Last I counted was '0'. Wait just a minute... I get it... you work at Dick's now don't you? Remember, be civilized.[/quote]
[/quote]
Dang, dude. Somebody give you the exploding ball on an eagle shot today? One more time... No one said any thing about beating any one up! And I'll be on here next month, and the next telling you about the v300. It was humor about going back to Dick's for more discount. And for your further education, I've spent over $1000 in Dick's just this past month, so YOU give it a break! YOU are the bore, pal! And now I really am convinced you are the "sales clerk" at Dick's! This site does not need your refereeing skills, that's what they have moderators for. But I'm sure THEY at least have some sense of humor. Get a life and quit trying to tell people what they are doing right or wrong on this site with your self righteous posts! Yeah, you ain't the only one that can search a user's previous posts! If you don't like what other people are posting, move along son! Conversation Over.

Would like to apologize for the sideshow that I allowed myself to become involved in here. Frozen, just don't understand your misinterpretations of my posts, but not going to keep going back and forth about it. Anyway, back to the topic... Hate to hear that the sale supposedly ended on the 2nd. Really surprised it lasted this long. This has been a great thread, informing many members on a great deal. Hopefully we can keep the upcoming deal alerts posted. Have to say it... thanks to Frozen, for being one of the 1st posts with detailed info on the v300 that led me to buying it. Good luck all!

LS,

Thanks for the receipt. I printed the picture and took it to Dicks this morning. The sales guy was not happy to see me back. He basically acted like I was a liar the other night when I told him people where getting them for that price. I think that is why he said that I could bring a receipt in and get the same price. He did not want to give me the discount this morning, but I told him if he didn't I wanted to speak to the GM of the store and he changed his tune real quick. He gave me the discount so I walked out the door for $121.88 with tax. Not to shabby in my opinion.

Again thanks for the heads up and the receipt.

BJ

WITB
Ping G 5-UW S300's
Ping G Crossover 4 Iron w/ Aldila RIP 90
TM Aeroburner TP 5 wood White Tie
TM Aeroburner TP 14* mini driver White Tie
Driver spot currently rotating constantly!
Byron Morgan 006 with Soundslot
Sun Mountain Four 5
TM Tour Preferred X or Srixon Z-Star XV

[quote name='bjtiger75' post='1872301' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:14 PM']LS,

Thanks for the receipt. I printed the picture and took it to Dicks this morning. The sales guy was not happy to see me back. He basically acted like I was a liar the other night when I told him people where getting them for that price. I think that is why he said that I could bring a receipt in and get the same price. He did not want to give me the discount this morning, but I told him if he didn't I wanted to speak to the GM of the store and he changed his tune real quick. He gave me the discount so I walked out the door for $121.88 with tax. Not to shabby in my opinion.

Again thanks for the heads up and the receipt.

BJ[/quote]
SCORE!

> He basically acted like I was a liar the other night when I told him people where getting them for that price. I think that is why he said that I could bring a receipt in and get the same price. He did not want to give me the discount this morning, but I told him if he didn't I wanted to speak to the GM of the store and he changed his tune real quick.

More proof that at Dick's, they should remove that apostrophe from their sign.

GHIN Index: 18.0
PING G30 10.5 R
Cobra F7 14.5
Cobra F6 Baffler 19
Mashie+ m4
MacGregor M565 5-GW Rifle 4.5 R flex
Callaway MD2 52.9, 56.11 wedges
Rife Aussie Mallet 34"
Maxfli U/6 Tour Soft

Well i was at dicks in my area and they had one left but scaned at 229. Asked to speak to manager he said he will call me back. He needed to talk to his higher up. Well no call back. I finally called him and he said his manager didnt think he would be able to do anything about it. Is 229 still a great price for this unit i have had been looking at a gold buddy tour.

[quote name='joe' post='1883945' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:50 PM']Well i was at dicks in my area and they had one left but scaned at 229. Asked to speak to manager he said he will call me back. He needed to talk to his higher up. Well no call back. I finally called him and he said his manager didnt think he would be able to do anything about it. Is 229 still a great price for this unit i have had been looking at a gold buddy tour.[/quote]
Iskoncepts posted a receipt on the previous page of this thread. I would definitely print it out and take it up there personally to state your case. It IS worth $229, but a deal is a deal. Good luck, and I would not wait too long.

Yeah I forgot to mention that i did show him a copy of receipt. Spoke to store manager and he said that maybe that the dicks in that area had some kind of golf tournament special going on and price here is 229. Kinda interesting? About a week ago i was in dick's and asked about gps units they only had skycaddie and golf buddy in display case. I seen this thread tues night and call wed morning and they have one. Not on display but locked in cabinet out of sight. Maybe someone holding to unit until sale price 50% scans again?

Idk if this will help, but you guys can call the Dick's in Louisville, KY located on Hurstbourne LN, S. Hurstbourne LN to be specific, and see if they still have it going on.

When I purchased mine, the Dick's right near my apt. only had them for $229, which I contemplated purchasing it for, but they only had a demo unit. I called the south hurstbourne location to see if they had an unopened unit, and he said 'No, but their unit was an additional 50% off, due to a clearance on GPS units ending in $.97'.

I asked the guy at the store I was standing in, and he asked his higher up who knew nothing of that sale. So i left and drove 15 minutes to get the other unit. Since then I have not seen that clearance sign at any other Dick's of the 3 I have been to in my town.

The location I bought mine from has since had more units transferred in, I assume to sell at that price. Maybe they would ship one out as well.