Sonocaddie V300 GPS @ Dicks $249

got this lame email back from Dicks tonite...

"Thank you for contacting Customer Support at www.dickssportinggoods.com.

We have received your request for price match on the Sonocaddie V300

Golf GPS. Unfortunately because the discounted price seen at the

in-store location drops below the cost we pay for the item we will be

unable to price match. We apologize for any inconvenience this has

caused. "

They are still selling this online for $349.99.

Seems Dicks online is not the same as Dicks retail (in-store)

i went first thing this morning and they were out!!!!! except for the display!!! i told them to take it down and ring that bad boy up!!! 114.99 minus a 15% discount for being the display!!!!! i would have never known about this if it wasn't for you guys!!! WRX is awesome!!! thanks guys!!!! :drinks:

Yeah, on-line and in store are different at A LOT of stores! Not trying to get off the subject, me and my wife saw a $450 vacuum cleaner for $300 on line. Same local store- $450 and won't budge! Gotta get the v300 at a local Dick's. On line Dick's is definitely different. My Adams Ovation XL complete golf club set w/bag is the only thing that both had for the same price-$499. Sweet beginners' clubs, I might add. And WRX is where I learned about the Dick's v300 special also. This thread as a matter of fact. So I owe the contributing fellas a big THANKS also! That, my friends is what a forum is really about! Good luck 2 all the v300 special at Dick's hunters. I believe this may just be the deal of the year! :good:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called a couple of Dicks today, found a display model and had them put in on hold for me.

Went to the store after work, asked about it, the salesperson laughed at me and told me good luck trying to find any. I then informed him that I had one on hold, he was surprised but went ( i followed him in the back) and found it. He told me that was like gold right now.

I went to check out and inquired about an display model discount (greedy me), the cashier called the same guy over and he laughed at me again, said something about they're very strict about discounting display electronics. I was gonna make a stink, but this fella knew i was stealing the darn thing. I might go to a diff. Dicks tomorrow and see about an open box discount. Cant wait to use it tomorrow.

Oh, paid $137.13 including 1 yr replacement warranty. Thanks OP.

Called a couple of Dicks today, found a display model and had them put in on hold for me.

Went to the store after work, asked about it, the salesperson laughed at me and told me good luck trying to find any. I then informed him that I had one on hold, he was surprised but went ( i followed him in the back) and found it. He told me that was like gold right now.

I went to check out and inquired about an display model discount (greedy me), the cashier called the same guy over and he laughed at me again, said something about they're very strict about discounting display electronics. I was gonna make a stink, but this fella knew i was stealing the darn thing. I might go to a diff. Dicks tomorrow and see about an open box discount. Cant wait to use it tomorrow.

Oh, paid $137.13 including 1 yr replacement warranty. Thanks OP.

Dude, if it doesn't already come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and it may, you get a 1 year warranty when you do the $29.99 one time birdie membership. I passed on the Dick's warranty. Glad you found one, tho.

Thanks to my sister, she scored for me a V300 for $103 plus tax (floor model). Can't wait to get it!

Sweet! Glad people are still able to get their hands on this unit. I have had some of the course targets needing editing/added, and it literally is a cinch. Walk to the target, push edit, select target, record.... golf! 5 seconds is all it takes. This thing keeps amazing me! Again, congratulations on your find, I think you'll love it!

Like others have said, this is why I love golfwrx! After stopping by one store and calling a couple others, I was able to find a V300 at a Dick's not too far away. It was the last one in the store and a display model.....$103 plus tax. It is missing the belt clip, but it had an extra battery in the box. I'll take it! I had been waiting for the Golf Guru refurbs to become available again but this was too good of a deal. Can't wait to go try it out.

Yep, HOT item! I just got done with a round, and we were at a par 3 tee box, and the scorecard readings, markers, and set stones' yardages all read 178 yds. from the blue tees. My V300 said 148 to the front and 168 to the back of the green. My friend went with his vision and the markers, selected two clubs too much and flew the green by 20 yds. I hit mine pin high, pushed the 'mark' button on my unit, and marched up to the front of the green. Well, it read 149. I went to the hole view on my unit, and it read '0'. Loving my V300 is so easy to do. I have not had any experience with getting courses edited or added through sono cust. service, because all of my courses are already in there, and editing has been a tweak here or there. I do have to send them 2 of the scorecards, tho, just so I don't have to change the par on every hole for them. Am I lazy, or what? And RBfromMA, I would venture that any cell phone accessory retailer, maybe even Walmart may have the belt clip.

The belt clips do appear to be the standard cell phone style clips.

I played another round with my v300, and can echo Hacker's sentiments. This is an awesome unit...@ <$150 it's easily the best deal in golf gps units. I am so tempted to try and snag another one just in case.

I've played 29 holes and the battery bar is just now down about 1/4 of the way. I played a 9 hole muni today, and edited in all the points I need for the course, and updated the greens. The 3 guys I was playing with barely noticed I got all that done while we were playing. I can't stress enough how fantastic this unit is working. i really think the 78 I shot yesterday on a course I'd never seen had a lot to do with the v300. As a former Bushnell 1500 user, I am much happier with this gps compared to the year I had my Bushnell.

I used my $103 V300 on Sat for the first time on a new course. Shot 76, played the course like i played there many times before thanks to the V300. I even marked a few landing spots at my local muni course. I mapped the exact position of the tier on a couple of the greens.

My friend who bought a Golf Buddy a couple months ago was jealous of my $100 unit, especially when he saw the color display and when i showed him how easy it was to mark things on mine. At one point on a par 3, with trees around, our reading were different. His said 165 to middle, mine said 160. Of course he didnt believe mine, so i told him mine is correct because i'm getting signals from 9 satellites, he didnt know what i was talking about. About 60s later, his gps showed 160.

Oh, on Sat I played 27 holes and my battery bar didnt move. I love my V300.

[quote name='HackerBrandon' post='1839436' date='Jul 23 2009, 05:31 PM']anyone have the promo code for this gps? You might check other stores because i work at a dicks in kentucky and our store has them as an in store special for 114.98. with the promo code you can get the eagle (unlimited maps) for free.[/quote]

Are you at the Hurstbourne location?
I bought the display model a couple weeks ago, but I noticed you guys got another one from a store transfer.
The Oxmoor location has one, but no 50% off sale.

I didn't know about a code for free maps.

:partytime2: Hello All I would like to thank the posters to this forum on the special pricing at Dick's. A cost of 229.97 was quoted over the phone when I asked the associate to scan for the price. I drove the 70 miles to Kingston NY to pick one up. Upon arrival the associate said that the correct cost would be 50% less than the sale price for a net $114.98 plus sales tax. I had narrowed my solection down to this unit and the two from golfguru. The negaive reviews on the new color model 4 from GG had me leaning toward the their monochrome version at $200 for a refurbished unit or $250 for new. Purchasing the sonocaddie was a no brainer. I will now have to see how long it takes sonocaddie to map my home course. I can always map it myself or continue using my homemade yardage book.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

One of the Dick's in my area (185 miles away) has them in stock, but they're still going for $349.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

I bought the last v300 at the Kingston NY store. I had no luck finding the v3300 via phone calls to any of the Albany, Saratoga, and Western Mass. stores. I didn't call any stores south of Kingston NY

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

[quote name='tatertot' post='1844480' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:45 PM']One of the Dick's in my area (185 miles away) has them in stock, but they're still going for $349.[/quote]
WOW, 185 miles is "in your area"? Well, if you asked over the phone, did you get them to actually scan it? This is where the discount seems to be showing up a lot if the pro or staff don't know about it already. Good luck. I would personally drive the miles for $115, if it was me!

Finally found a V300 at Dick's for cheap. My neighbor and I played golf today and drove by a local Dick's Sporting Goods on the way home. I thought we'd stop by there and see if they had the V300. When we got there we saw one in the display case. They were showing on sale at $229.99. However, I was explaining to the guy in the golf area that they may be cheaper than that. He said let's check and it scanned in at $114.98. So, my golfing buddy bought one and I did too. They gave us another 10% off for the boxes being ripped. However, I think was just a ploy to get rid of them. We left there each with a V300 for a little more than $113.

The guy at Dick's said he had three in inventory but only found two units. My guess is that he decided to stash one back for himself to buy later. He fumbled around trying to look for it but didn't find that last one. Also, the Golf Logix units were ringing up at $92. I believe they were originally $299.

Stopped into Dick's last week (Thursday - 7/30/09) and saw they had the v300 on clearance for $229. I had the sales person check stock and pull out a unit to look at. Not once did the sales person mention an additional 50% off discount. I didn't know of the discount at that time, so I didn't know to ask for it to be scanned. I primarily went in to look at it for $229, but wasn't 100% sold on it at that price. Never the less, I left the store without a v300 and then later in the week came across this forum. I called the store on Sunday 8/2/09 and talked to another person in the golf department (not the first guy). This sales person acknowledged the 50% off clearance sale and said that it was over on 8/1/09. I guess "I snooze, I lose". The pricing at Dick's is always annoying and the sales people are not very helpful. I actually went back yesterday (8/4/09) to plead my case to the sales person, which happened to be the first sales guy. He claimed ignorance and left me hanging. I actually was interested in a set of new clubs, but he wouldn't give me the time of day (in an empty store) once I asked him about the "unadvertised" pricing scheme. Hopefully we can use this forum to notify everyone of the next "secret sale" at Dick's.