2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Just upgraded to 4.0 on Upro now can't sync

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAd that same problem, All i did was delete the Upro finder and whatever else that is associateed with upro that was on my computer and then plug the unit back into it and re-install as if you just got it out of the box. I hope i make sense. that worked for me and i am able to sync each and everytime. I am using vista if that matters

I had a worsening of my chronic problem with syncing after I upgraded to 4.0 as well. I do use a Mac, which seems to be part of the chronic, slow to sync issue. I spent 30+ minutes on hold this weekend waiting for tech support--we then spent another 30+ minutes trying to get it fixed. Ultimately, we had some success, but the support person thinks I also have a problem with my upro, so they're shipping me a new one this week.

If you call, make sure you have at least an hour of time available--in my discussion with the support person, they are spending a lot of time/lots of times working with users to get this corrected. Having said that I'm still happy I bought the upro!

[quote name='gigabyte772' timestamp='1282054249' post='2644509']
The upro works fine but I cannot sync it to update or add courses. I emailed tech support but figured maybe get quicker response here. It says the sync program not found on Upro. Any Suggestions? Thanks...
[/quote]

This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder. You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer. In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade). It's an easy fix. If I had to do it again I'd email vs telephoning since when I called Callaway I was on hold at least a half hour. The recording says hold times are typically 45 minutes or longer.

The upro works fine but I cannot sync it to update or add courses. I emailed tech support but figured maybe get quicker response here. It says the sync program not found on Upro. Any Suggestions? Thanks...
[/quote]

I have a similar but slightly different issue since the upgrade... I can sync, add new courses etc, however the sync never "finishes" - the actual courses all get transferred, but the sync program just sits at 95%. Short term fix I just let it go for awhile then unplug. Everything works fine. I need to call Callaway and get it corrected but I just haven't had the time to sit on the phone.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1282105983' post='2646405']
[/quote]

I have a similar but slightly different issue since the upgrade... I can sync, add new courses etc, however the sync never "finishes" - the actual courses all get transferred, but the sync program just sits at 95%. Short term fix I just let it go for awhile then unplug. Everything works fine. I need to call Callaway and get it corrected but I just haven't had the time to sit on the phone.
[/quote]

Are you giving the Upro enough time to finish? I know watching the bar graph on the screen when I get up around 95% it seems to slow down relative to the previous progress time. I wait about 30 seconds or so and it completes fine. Mine never takes more than a minute to complete after reaching 95% however. You're right about sitting on the phone. I've called Callaway twice and each time they quickly fixed the issue but the time on hold was painful. If I ever contact them again it will be via email.

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1282139753' post='2646777']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you giving the Upro enough time to finish? I know watching the bar graph on the screen when I get up around 95% it seems to slow down relative to the previous progress time. I wait about 30 seconds or so and it completes fine. Mine never takes more than a minute to complete after reaching 95% however. You're right about sitting on the phone. I've called Callaway twice and each time they quickly fixed the issue but the time on hold was painful. If I ever contact them again it will be via email.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I've let it sit for a hour or so at 95%. I will probably delete and reinstall as the above user did, and if that does not work then I guess I will call Callaway.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1282178519' post='2648071']
[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1282139753' post='2646777']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh yeah I've let it sit for a hour or so at 95%. I will probably delete and reinstall as the above user did, and if that does not work then I guess I will call Callaway.

[/quote]

One hour wait something is definately wrong.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1282076912' post='2645430']
This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder. You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer. [b]In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade).[/b] It's an easy fix. [/quote]

Old thread but valuable info. I registered a new Upro for the first time today and don't have sound on the introductory videos, after upgrading to 4.0. An issue like you described makes more sense than a hardware problem.

I've been trying to figure out my original Upro problem off and on for six months. Finally spoke with Franco on the phone at Callaway support and all I had to do was change USB cables. I couldn't believe it. I had read all kinds of threads and info regarding how to solve my syncing problem (which was, the Upro was showing it was connected but the computer/website showed disconnected and there was no option to sync). All I had to do was change USB cables. If you haven't tried that, you might want to. It worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1325029613' post='3994167']
[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1282076912' post='2645430']
This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder. You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer. [b]In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade).[/b] It's an easy fix. [/quote]

Old thread but valuable info. I registered a new Upro for the first time today and don't have sound on the introductory videos, after upgrading to 4.0. An issue like you described makes more sense than a hardware problem. [/quote]

That was indeed my problem, corrupted audio files after upgrade to 4.0. I mentioned it on the Upro support site and Ryan from customer service provided a download link to the 4.0 audio and video files. I connected the Upro and transferred the new folder to replace the old one, and my sound issue is now fixed.

This is the (direct download) link:

[url="http://www.callawayuxplore.com/static/downloads/utilities/uProVideoExtract.zip"]http://www.callawayu...ideoExtract.zip[/url]